PDA

View Full Version : Ref Head- butting incident in Saudi Arabia

snooky
11-05-2015, 05:47 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/football/video-1182836/British-referee-HEAD-BUTT-fracas-Saudi-league-clash.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

Terrible thing to happen however, although I'm ashamed to admit it, for a moment I was hoping the victim was.....

emerald green
11-05-2015, 05:51 PM
I wonder how long it will be before that happens in Scotland? Absolutely not condoning it BTW.

1van Sprou7e
11-05-2015, 06:12 PM
Not justifying his behaviour but that's not a ****ing head-butt...

Boyle89
11-05-2015, 06:16 PM
What a moron.

CockneyRebel
11-05-2015, 06:22 PM

I am lucky enough to have never been on the receiving end of a head butt but if I ever do get one I hope it's just like that.

scuttle
11-05-2015, 06:27 PM
Is that our own John Beaton and if so ,why is he refereeing is Saudi?

emerald green
11-05-2015, 06:45 PM
Is that our own John Beaton and if so ,why is he refereeing is Saudi?

It is Beaton. According to STV Beaton was given an armed security guard after the game in Riyadh.

He was referee after the Saudi FA contacted SFA to request ref for high profile match. SFA sent Beaton + 2 assistants to officiate at the "powderkeg" tie.

Beaton showed 8 yellows and 3 reds. One of which was for the "headbutt".

STV understands Beaton was given extra security as he left Saudi Arabia for the UK.

scuttle
11-05-2015, 06:51 PM
It is Beaton. According to STV Beaton was given an armed security guard after the game in Riyadh.

He was referee after the Saudi FA contacted SFA to request ref for high profile match. SFA sent Beaton + 2 assistants to officiate at the "powderkeg" tie.

STV understands Beaton was given extra security as he left Saudi Arabia for the UK.

Thanks for that Emerald

emerald green
11-05-2015, 06:53 PM
Thanks for that Emerald

No probs. :aok:

Jonnyboy
11-05-2015, 07:41 PM

Just like a home game for Beaton then :greengrin

andrew70
11-05-2015, 07:55 PM
Just like a home game for Beaton then :greengrin

Wonder if he kept getting in the way of the ball in this match?

HUTCHYHIBBY
11-05-2015, 08:05 PM
I am lucky enough to have never been on the receiving end of a head butt but if I ever do get one I hope it's just like that.

It's not great fun! :-(

we are hibs
11-05-2015, 09:04 PM
Wonder if he kept getting in the way of the ball in this match?

this. Done it twice when we played Falkirk then he refereed Hamilton vs motherwell the following Friday and got in the way again!

andrew70
11-05-2015, 09:15 PM
this. Done it twice when we played Falkirk then he refereed Hamilton vs motherwell the following Friday and got in the way again!

Yeah I seen the Hamilton game as well. Hardly ever see it and this clown has done it three times in a week.

Not that I am condoning the incident but hopefully it's knocked a wee bit of sense it to his heid. Good ref's are never seen...unfortunately in Scotland they go out their way to be seen.

Future17
12-05-2015, 09:34 AM

I think it is. It's not a very "good" one, but it's a headbutt nonetheless and certainly a red card.

Al Hilal have gained a bit of a negative reputation for violence in the past few years. I remember watching their AFC Champions League Final game against Western Sydney Wanderers and they were trying to go fighting at the full time whistle after they lost. Headbutting and spitting was amongst their repertoire that day.