PDA

View Full Version : Stuart McCall warning about QOS "dirty tricks"

emerald green
10-05-2015, 07:07 PM
On the Scotsman website there's an article saying "Stuart McCall has warned next weeks Ibrox officials to be on the lookout for QOS' "dirty tricks".

McCall revealed that defender Richard Foster* had informed the referee Alan Muir about the hosts illegal blocking and "rugby tackle" tactics at corners early in the game. McCall also called foul on Derek Lyall's equaliser. He said: "We made officials aware - QOS do it really well - they bear hug. It was a blatant foul. Lyal got round the back and scored".

I simply do not know where to start commenting on this. Someone posted on the thread on the article along the lines that this was a not very subtle warning to the officials - make sure Sevco get through the play offs.

This is what we are up against, and people wonder why so many seemingly inexplicable decisions go in favour of the Ibrox club. I've never seen it quite as blatant as this before though.

* Foster should have been sent off BTW.

No doubt I'll be accused of being paranoid.

Sir David Gray
10-05-2015, 07:10 PM
Class will show through in the end! :greengrin

marinello59
10-05-2015, 07:11 PM
I can't stand McCall. Hunnish Hunnity Hun Hun Hun.

Spike Mandela
10-05-2015, 07:13 PM
Hope this comes back to bite hime in the second leg.

J-C
10-05-2015, 07:14 PM
I didn't mind McCall, he was a Hun through his playing career but it's amazing how they quickly turn into that nasty Hun type when they go there, Kenny Miller's the same and Sheils.

green day
10-05-2015, 07:30 PM
He is an erse, but has a point re QoS blocking at corners.

Stubbs will also have spotted this and needs to counter it if we come up against them.

Jonnyboy
10-05-2015, 07:33 PM
Hope this comes back to bite hime in the second leg.

Or better still, both legs :wink: :greengrin

O'Rourke3
10-05-2015, 07:39 PM
Read this earlier on the BBC. Since he's so concerned about refs getting things right, did he warn any of them about his captains ability to take people out with his leading elbows? Thought not.....

emerald green
10-05-2015, 07:49 PM
Read this earlier on the BBC. Since he's so concerned about refs getting things right, did he warn any of them about his captains ability to take people out with his leading elbows? Thought not.....

:agree: McCall is a hypocrite. I also think he might be scared that they are not sure to go through and is heaping more pressure on the officials, this time very publicly. Will he get pulled up for this?

It should be very interesting now to observe the officials' performance in the 2nd leg, and more importantly against Hibs (should the Huns get through).

Elephant Stone
10-05-2015, 07:56 PM
"Queen of the South need to stop fouling at corners but it's OK to pole axe Paul Hanlon before you score"

For anyone looking for the exact quote.

NORTHERNHIBBY
10-05-2015, 08:00 PM
May have a point about some of QotS tactics, but Shields was blatantly diving and Foster should have been red-carded. Maybe that is what the The Rangers got to even things up?

Lago
10-05-2015, 08:04 PM

Stubbs will also have spotted this and needs to counter it if we come up against them.
Blocking at corners, what team doesn't do it now?

EastCalderHibby
10-05-2015, 08:07 PM

big zal :violin: elbows mcculloch :kettle: mccall's a bigger arse than ten bums

Lucius Apuleius
10-05-2015, 08:59 PM
Not sure why he has to go public with this if it is all a conspiracy in the first place.

fatbloke
10-05-2015, 09:04 PM
Or better still, both legs :wink: :greengrin

That's guid East Lothian humour there:greengrin:top marks

CraigHibee
10-05-2015, 09:05 PM
I can't stand McCall. Hunnish Hunnity Hun Hun Hun.

he reminds me of a cross between ET and the honey monster for some reason, that aside though he is a dirty hun

HUTCHYHIBBY
10-05-2015, 09:25 PM
I've nae time for The Huns but, he isnae wrong. I said much the same on the match thread on Sat evening. I still hope they get pumped though!

Callum_62
10-05-2015, 10:46 PM
Im pretty sure the corner QOTS scored from was a stonewall penalty

Ranger defender blatently pushes Queens attacker into another Rangers defender?

Bostonhibby
10-05-2015, 10:49 PM
Deary me. I'd be a bit more concerned about the damage his club captain is doing and is likely to go on doing when he persists in "blocking" other players heads with his elbows.

James70
10-05-2015, 10:55 PM
I seem to remember from a few years ago that Hearts got away with this all the time.

Smartie
11-05-2015, 12:24 AM
Surprised McCall is playing this ace right now.

It was inevitable he would pile pressure on a referee at some point. I'd have thought that with his team in a reasonably strong position he'd keep quiet, get through this game and nobble the ref if his team have an "iffy" first leg in a later tie.

I didn't see the game or the highlights so to be fair to McCall he might even have a point for all I know. And to be honest this is a bit of a bugbear of mine, as someone mentioned above Hearts were very good at getting away with this for years.

McCall highlighting this issue now might even work out quite nicely for us - if Queens get through this tie it would be nice if refs could keep their eyes open for such skullduggery.

Onion
11-05-2015, 01:09 AM
Surprised McCall is playing this ace right now.

It was inevitable he would pile pressure on a referee at some point. I'd have thought that with his team in a reasonably strong position he'd keep quiet, get through this game and nobble the ref if his team have an "iffy" first leg in a later tie.

I didn't see the game or the highlights so to be fair to McCall he might even have a point for all I know. And to be honest this is a bit of a bugbear of mine, as someone mentioned above Hearts were very good at getting away with this for years.

McCall highlighting this issue now might even work out quite nicely for us - if Queens get through this tie it would be nice if refs could keep their eyes open for such skullduggery.

Agree with this. Strange for him to raise this with his team in a winning position. It';s the type of desperate crap managers come out with when they're under huge pressure or run out of ideas. :aok:

JimBHibees
11-05-2015, 08:09 AM
I seem to remember from a few years ago that Hearts got away with this all the time.

Yep Zaliukas v Rob Jones, blatant blocking, shirt pulling etc right in front of the ref. Farcical.

Arch Stanton
11-05-2015, 08:28 AM

Someone on the post for starters. :agree:

I would worry about Oxley wading into the scrum though.

Keith_M
11-05-2015, 09:03 AM
Not sure why he has to go public with this if it is all a conspiracy in the first place.

You're right, he should just keep all that talk for the Lodge.

:wink:

p.s. We Do (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZI_aEalijE)

CallumLaidlaw
11-05-2015, 09:07 AM
Yep Zaliukas v Rob Jones, blatant blocking, shirt pulling etc right in front of the ref. Farcical.

And the craziest part of that game was after about the 8th time, the ref clearly said to Zaliukas, do it again and I'll give a penalty. Oh right, so you give penalties for accumulated fouls now!! :confused::rolleyes:

Spike Mandela
11-05-2015, 09:16 AM
McCall is just reminding the tef he was supposed to give a penalty in first leg and now making certain his team will get one in second leg..

Lucius Apuleius
11-05-2015, 09:33 AM
You're right, he should just keep all that talk for the Lodge.

:wink:

p.s. We Do (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZI_aEalijE)

:greengrin Brilliant, closest I have seen. Funnily enough I was talking the MWGMM a week past Wednesday and I asked him about the conspiracy and why it was biased towards der hun when we had so many members who were Hibs supporters. Looked at me like I was daft and answered in his very posh Etonian Aberdonian accent that he did not have a feckn clue what I was talking about. :greengrin

JimBHibees
11-05-2015, 10:11 AM
And the craziest part of that game was after about the 8th time, the ref clearly said to Zaliukas, do it again and I'll give a penalty. Oh right, so you give penalties for accumulated fouls now!! :confused::rolleyes:

Pretty sure the ref in that game was Kenny Clark who is the voice of a ref in one of the tabloids.

Hibernia&Alba
11-05-2015, 10:14 AM
Here we go. Hun manager telling the referee what he has to do to ensure Rangers win. Same old story........

Hibee87
11-05-2015, 10:21 AM

I seem to remember jones saying to the ref and doing a watch signal with his eyes before a corner, jonesy looked direcrtly at the ref making sure he was watching, he was, and zal was litteraly hugging up, honesy had his arms out as if to say 'look ref' but got hee haw

Argylehibby
11-05-2015, 11:15 AM
I don't have a problem with McCalls comments probably on the basis I have been asking for Hibs managers to do the same for a while now especially before derby matches. If QOS were guilty of this (I have not seen any of the game) and he's letting the ref know about it then fair enough. Stubbs should be making similar comments ahead of the next round if QOS qualify or if it's McCalls team then pointing out that the only times they have beaten us this season, the refs have played a big part in those defeats. (Handling red card and the assault on Hanlon)

7heaven
11-05-2015, 11:27 AM
If I remember correctly Zaliukis was warned one more and your off.
He manhandled Jones again.(no sending off).
Who scored the late winner Zaliukis.

scoopyboy
11-05-2015, 11:43 AM

Nah.

snooky
11-05-2015, 11:45 AM
On the Scotsman website there's an article saying "Stuart McCall has warned next weeks Ibrox officials to be on the lookout for QOS' "dirty tricks".

McCall revealed that defender Richard Foster* had informed the referee Alan Muir about the hosts illegal blocking and "rugby tackle" tactics at corners early in the game. McCall also called foul on Derek Lyall's equaliser. He said: "We made officials aware - QOS do it really well - they bear hug. It was a blatant foul. Lyal got round the back and scored".

I simply do not know where to start commenting on this. Someone posted on the thread on the article along the lines that this was a not very subtle warning to the officials - make sure Sevco get through the play offs.

This is what we are up against, and people wonder why so many seemingly inexplicable decisions go in favour of the Ibrox club. I've never seen it quite as blatant as this before though.

* Foster should have been sent off BTW.

No doubt I'll be accused of being paranoid.

He'll be worried that McCulloch damages his elbows.

greenlex
11-05-2015, 12:10 PM
To be fair to McCall he was asked the question and answered it. He didn't just come out with it in the press. It was a post match interview for TV. He is correct in what he is saying.

JimBHibees
12-05-2015, 12:25 PM
Nah.

I think he did. McNeill flapped at a cross and the huddy sclaffed the ball into the net.

http://spfl.co.uk/premiership/fixture/2753407/

Deansy
12-05-2015, 01:23 PM
Coming from the manager of a club with a reputation AND association with endless 'Dirty Tricks' - THAT is rich !!

They're just as bad as the first version of the Huns !!

Ronster117
12-05-2015, 07:40 PM
Coming from the manager of a club with a reputation AND association with endless 'Dirty Tricks' - THAT is rich !!

They're just as bad as the first version of the Huns !!
Agree 100% when they can get through a game without dirty tricks, maybe someone will have sympathy for them. After all old co wrote the book, new co are reading it.

eastterrace
12-05-2015, 07:55 PM

he was warned just about every corner and free kick and nothing was done he didnt even try to get the ball he just grappled with jones the whole game cheating big turd