PDA

View Full Version : If we don't go up

cloudy
10-05-2015, 03:20 PM
If we lose our play off semi final against rangers or qos I hope the fans stick by the team show support for them and let them thank the fans at the end for there support throughout the season.. hopefully it won't come to thus but just incase just remember how far we have come this season

Scouse Hibee
10-05-2015, 03:25 PM
We will no doubt lose more fans unfortunately, that"s the way of it but I'll still be there no matter what.

Onion
10-05-2015, 03:53 PM
If we lose our play off semi final against rangers or qos I hope the fans stick by the team show support for them and let them thank the fans at the end for there support throughout the season.. hopefully it won't come to thus but just incase just remember how far we have come this season

Stubbs and the players have given 100% this season and deserve praise. The most important thing is they've made going to ER a pleasure again after years of near dread. LD has done a decent job in her first year. Petrie still carries the shame and responsibility for our predicament.

Pete
10-05-2015, 03:56 PM
We might lose a few if we don't go up but you never know. People know that there is a real difference this time and it is indeed a matter of time before we are back.

The minute we go up the fans will come back.

greenlex
10-05-2015, 04:17 PM
We might lose a few if we don't go up but you never know. People know that there is a real difference this time and it is indeed a matter of time before we are back.

The minute we go up the fans will come back.

I think the minute we are up the top or near the top of the Championship should we not go up they will return.

Hibby70
10-05-2015, 04:59 PM
If rather be watching a Stubbs team in the championship than any of the dross I've watched in the premiership over the last 6 years

Black Kyle
10-05-2015, 05:41 PM
Football has been a lot better this season. If we don't go up at the end of next season I'd be more worried long term.

If we're not back this season, being at or around the top of the league next season will maintain the crowds.

If we are back after the play-offs, we need to ensure we're not going to be a yoyo team like Hearts in the 80s.

emerald green
10-05-2015, 05:50 PM
If Hibs are not promoted this season, failure to do so next season would be catastrophic for this club IMHO.

Sorry, but that's just how I see it.

HibsNutter
10-05-2015, 05:53 PM
Undoubtably we have improved a lot, however even if we are winning the league comfortably next season attendances could be down, games against teams like dumbarton almost every week have already became boring

Gatecrasher
10-05-2015, 06:01 PM
Already renewed, it would be great to go up but if we don't I'm not in any doubt we will next season.

Sir David Gray
10-05-2015, 06:05 PM
Undoubtably we have improved a lot, however even if we are winning the league comfortably next season attendances could be down, games against teams like dumbarton almost every week have already became boring

:agree: I am dreading the thought of our biggest match next season being against St Mirren.

Steve20
10-05-2015, 06:09 PM
Not going up would be a huge disappointment. Another season in this league would be horrible.

snooky
10-05-2015, 06:22 PM
Worse case scenario is that SPL team wins the playoff and we're left competing against Rankers in championship next season.

Borderhibbie76
10-05-2015, 06:30 PM
Worse case scenario is that SPL team wins the playoff and we're left competing against Rankers in championship next season.

I honestly think if that does happen we will be looking at league reconstruction tbh...the SPL (or whatever its called these days) simply cant afford to be without the likes of us and The Rankers much longer...

Ronniekirk
10-05-2015, 06:30 PM
:agree: I am dreading the thought of our biggest match next season being against St Mirren.
25 minute walk for me and an easy three points for us

superfurryhibby
10-05-2015, 06:32 PM
Not going up would be a huge disappointment. Another season in this league would be horrible.

That's true for me. Another season would be the first in more than 125 years where we spent more than a season out side the top league.

Given that two teams from the SPL will be coming down, should QOS or the Hun get promoted, or even worse, the Hun not getting promoted, it would be a challenging season again next time around.

Better just make sure we get promoted this season, if we play to our best, we've every chance! We need to do it.

Ronniekirk
10-05-2015, 06:32 PM
Agree if we don't go up would rather they did

joe breezy
11-05-2015, 01:00 PM
The final v Motherwell will be the toughest game if we get there

CRAZYHIBBY
11-05-2015, 01:12 PM
I reckon if we dont go up we will probably stay in the championship......just a hunch

emerald green
11-05-2015, 01:16 PM
I reckon if we dont go up we will probably stay in the championship......just a hunch

Unless there is league reconstruction, but I suspect maybe it's too late for that to happen in time for next season.

DH1875
11-05-2015, 02:07 PM

Are you suggesting some sort of lap of honor type thing if we lose the semi? As for how far we have come, well we are exactly where I expected us to be at the start of the season and anything else would have been a failure. Will I boo them of the park and demand for Stubbs to be sacked, of course not but then at the same time I'm not sure applauding our achievements this season if its loosing out in a playoff semi final.
If we don't go up this season and rangers do then I fully expect us to win the league next season.

SanFranHibs
11-05-2015, 02:29 PM

This is an excellent point, in that most people are assuming if Rangers were to win the Championship playoffs they will go up. I might have thought that way myself.

We might be stuck here with them.

However, I am confident we can go up.

:flag:

Shrekko
11-05-2015, 02:33 PM
Are you suggesting some sort of lap of honor type thing if we lose the semi? As for how far we have come, well we are exactly where I expected us to be at the start of the season and anything else would have been a failure. Will I boo them of the park and demand for Stubbs to be sacked, of course not but then at the same time I'm not sure applauding our achievements this season if its loosing out in a playoff semi final.
If we don't go up this season and rangers do then I fully expect us to win the league next season.

its not a case of 'applauding our achievements' when you clap the team at the end of the season. Just a case of showing some loyalty and appreciation of their efforts if they merit it- this season the team has played some great stuff, been unlucky in both cups and were ahead of Rangers in the league. Stop making things so black and white- it would be embarrassing if fans deserted the team after this season.

SlickShoes
11-05-2015, 02:55 PM
Depends how well they play, if we played amazingly and somehow didn't win I'd applaud them off the park then leave as normal. The regular season ended already and the players applauded the fans at Falkirk I don't think we need any lap of honour/failure depending on what happens.