PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: BOARDROOM UPDATE

RSS Bot
10-05-2015, 01:00 AM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/5422)

Frogga
10-05-2015, 01:39 AM
I find it strange that we are making a press release at 2 in the morning!

Conrad Gray
10-05-2015, 01:48 AM
I'm sorry to hear of Gary's departure. I know that he has worked hard for the club during his time at Easter Road.

I wish him well in whatever new role/job he finds himself in.

Billy Whizz
10-05-2015, 07:29 AM
Who's taking up his duties?

matty_f
10-05-2015, 07:58 AM
I'm sorry to hear of Gary's departure. I know that he has worked hard for the club during his time at Easter Road.

I wish him well in whatever new role/job he finds himself in.

:agree: I met him a few times through LWT and was always impressed with him and the work he put into the club. Good luck with whatever you do next, Garry.

BroxburnHibee
10-05-2015, 08:27 AM
That's a big loss to the club.

I met Garry when I was working for Hibs 16/17 years ago. Think his role then was stadium manager so it shows how his role has grown over the years.

I wish you well Garry - good luck.

Chuck Rhoades
10-05-2015, 09:36 AM
One of the remaining old guard and has served his time. Happy to see we continue to freshen things up at the club.

Thanks for your efforts Garry.

overdrive
10-05-2015, 09:43 AM
Is this the beginning of LD bringing in her own management team? I wonder if we will see a new FD soon as well. IIRC Jamie Marwick was a Scott Lindsay appointment. I think they had previously worked together elsewhere.

Good luck to Garry. He always seemed one of the better ones on the Board in recent years.

FranckSuzy
10-05-2015, 09:44 AM
I'm sorry to hear that as Garry is an excellent ambassador for the club. I wish him well in his next venture.

Stantons Angel
10-05-2015, 09:54 AM
One of the remaining old guard and has served his time. Happy to see we continue to freshen things up at the club.

Thanks for your efforts Garry.

You shouldnt play down the role that the "old guard" played in keeping Hibs on track to still be functioning today from behind the scenes!

Garry has worked hard night and day for this club over the years and just because he has been with us 17 years does not mean his ideas were not forward looking or indeed fresh.

During earlier reconstructions of our board/management teams he took on added responsibilities and coped with them admirably and should have the respect that he deserves.

i personally will miss Gary being at the club and think we are losing a first class HIbs man through and through from our board of directors.

Other clubs have often admired the work he was doing with Hibs and im sure he will be snapped up by one of them.

Whoever replaces him has a BIG job to do in the future of Hibernian and i hope they will be up to it?

I just want to wish Gary all the best and thank him for his time with Hibs and to keep smiling!

I too wonder why this press release came out at 2am?? Strange one that?

Chuck Rhoades
10-05-2015, 10:03 AM
You shouldnt play down the role that the "old guard" played in keeping Hibs on track to still be functioning today from behind the scenes!

Garry has worked hard night and day for this club over the years and just because he has been with us 17 years does not mean his ideas were not forward looking or indeed fresh.

During earlier reconstructions of our board/management teams he took on added responsibilities and coped with them admirably and should have the respect that he deserves.

i personally will miss Gary being at the club and think we are losing a first class HIbs man through and through from our board of directors.

Other clubs have often admired the work he was doing with Hibs and im sure he will be snapped up by one of them.

Whoever replaces him has a BIG job to do in the future of Hibernian and i hope they will be up to it?

I just want to wish Gary all the best and thank him for his time with Hibs and to keep smiling!

I too wonder why this press release came out at 2am?? Strange one that?

I did not underplay anything and have dealt with Garry more than anyone at the club over the past 4 years.

Information maybe got leaked hence the strange timing to prevent rumours?

Forza Fred
10-05-2015, 11:02 AM
I did not underplay anything and have dealt with Garry more than anyone at the club over the past 4 years.

Information maybe got leaked hence the strange timing to prevent rumours?

Let's deal with the elephant in the room.

Anyone know why he is being let go?

emerald green
10-05-2015, 11:25 AM
Let's deal with the elephant in the room.

Anyone know why he is being let go?

:agree: The announcement says G O'H is "leaving following a restructure of the club management."

What exactly does that mean? Presumably more details to follow in due course?

bigwheel
10-05-2015, 11:41 AM
:agree: The announcement says G O'H is "leaving following a restructure of the club management."

What exactly does that mean? Presumably more details to follow in due course?

It means his face doesn't fit and he is being let go .....

Viva_Palmeiras
10-05-2015, 11:51 AM
:agree: I met him a few times through LWT and was always impressed with him and the work he put into the club. Good luck with whatever you do next, Garry.

Completely agree. Good luck Garry.

Viva_Palmeiras
10-05-2015, 11:53 AM
I find it strange that we are making a press release at 2 in the morning!

Maybe board members need to have notice on wording so all singing from same hymn sheet and someone was abroad? Don't think there's something sinister.

emerald green
10-05-2015, 11:53 AM

How do you know his face doesn't fit? You know this for a fact presumably?

"Being let go" - fired / made redundant?

Gerard
10-05-2015, 11:54 AM
Good luck Gary.

McIntosh
10-05-2015, 11:54 AM
This must have happened relatively quickly. Is it by mutual consent?

Viva_Palmeiras
10-05-2015, 12:03 PM
Never understimate the ability for folks to over-analyse things.
Yet another sideshow to the main event. Let's not detract from moving forward - it's even alluded to in the relase.

Virginia Hibs
10-05-2015, 12:19 PM
Best of luck to Garry! Sure he'll find another role soon, in football or otherwise.
17 years have seen big changes at Hibs that have helped stabilize the club. I'm sure Garry would have liked to have seen more success in the field as well though!
A good Hibee and always had the best interests of the club in mind.
Reason for going? I suspect a lot of what he was doing LD sees as her responsibility along with George Craig these days. I have no doubt that Garry has left a legacy of progressive projects behind the scenes that will deliver value to the club and benefit the footballing side.
We'll see soon enough I'm sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Iggy Pope
10-05-2015, 12:33 PM
I have worked closely with Garry on a number of projects for the club over the past 15 years, including enabling work for the then new West Stand and the East Mains fit-out. He has been heavily involved in all of the modern infrastructure we have at the club and he is as open and honest a character as you will deal with.

He also helped out with a small fundraiser I organised on here that raised a few bob for the Dnipeo kids.
He will take some replacing in man hours alone and I am sorry he has gone.
Good luck to him wherever he goes unless its the other end of the toon.

Bearders
10-05-2015, 01:43 PM

Spot on in everything you state.. A season ticket holder (at Hibernian FC) prior to taking up his position at the Club............ one of our own.

oconnors_strip
10-05-2015, 02:10 PM
Wish gary all the best in the next step of his career. He is Hibs through and through :agree:

Think LD is changing a lot in the background, I believe other long serving staff are looking for jobs

Ozyhibby
10-05-2015, 02:22 PM
I have no opinion personally about the job the guy was doing but I found it infuriating that not one person from last years board departed.
Maybe it was all this guys fault but I seriously doubt it.
Hopefully this is Leeann changing the whole structure of the club in time for one big departure.

flash
10-05-2015, 05:37 PM
Hopefully it was his choice. Would hate to think a good Hibs man like Gary has been forced out while Petrie remains.

Ronniekirk
10-05-2015, 06:55 PM
What is the word from fans on the Board re this Amit and Frank are you allowed to comment or do you have to keep stoosh

Forza Fred
10-05-2015, 08:14 PM
Hopefully it was his choice. Would hate to think a good Hibs man like Gary has been forced out while Petrie remains.

Hence in part, why I asked the question.

It appears he was pushed, rather than walked, and I have heard nothing but good things about him, so who did he upset and how?

PatHead
11-05-2015, 12:15 AM
Not seen it posted elsewhere but notice Garry is leaving.

A good Company Secretary who went about his business in a professional manner. Didn't draw attention to himself just did his job. The way it should be. No dramas, just ran things smoothly. Good Hibby to boot.

Good luck wherever you are going. Wish you every success.

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/5422

lord bunberry
11-05-2015, 12:19 AM
Not seen it posted elsewhere but notice Garry is leaving.

A good Company Secretary who went about his business in a professional manner. Didn't draw attention to himself just did his job. The way it should be. No dramas, just ran things smoothly. Good Hibby to boot.

Good luck wherever you are going. Wish you every success.

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/5422

It's on the boardroom update thread

Lucius Apuleius
11-05-2015, 09:01 AM
Signed my cheque for 600 odd quid when I won the happy hibby so a good man for me. 😋

gorgie greens
11-05-2015, 10:10 PM
I was at Tynecastle high school with Gary ,Hibby born n bred ,he is an honest guy whom i feel would have been one of the first at the stadium and the guy who would turn the lights off when he left late at night,good luck in your new venture what ever it may be.

Onceinawhile
12-05-2015, 05:58 AM
How do you know his face doesn't fit? You know this for a fact presumably?

"Being let go" - fired / made redundant?

Made redundant.

Andy74
12-05-2015, 09:58 AM
When Dempster first held the fan sessions she said there were too many people in executive positions on the board. No doubt much of these tasks can be carried out by lesser administrative roles.

Bad Martini
12-05-2015, 11:27 AM
When Dempster first held the fan sessions she said there were too many people in executive positions on the board. No doubt much of these tasks can be carried out by lesser administrative roles.

Sounds like this guy was doing a good job amongst a shower of (many, not all necessarily) useless getts. I am not opening a board debate as we all have our thoughts. However, if someone else is now doing their job with more responsibilities (it should probably always have been that way), it looks like the casualties will start falling out.

Shame it wasnt petrie but everything comes to those who wait. Meantime, I'll settle for Dempster doing HER job, ideally cutting as many costs as possible and I suspect (even for the good guys on the board) we'll all welcome more money towards the team..........less money spent anywhere but on the team is money not spent as well as it should be in my opinion and its precisely the biggest issue I have with Petrie and his pals; stadium and training ground are great...............they dont win ****ing football matches though, players do. And thats where I leave that well hammered debate too.

Good luck to the guy; he seems to be one of the better board members from some in the know on here. :aok: (and lets hope more follow him, ideally the less useful board members/whoever that may be)

RIP
12-05-2015, 11:48 AM

Faced with the choice I would rather Hibs had kept Garry O'Hagan and let you two go. But then I know Garry and don't know either of you very well so that may be unfair. :wink:

One thing's for sure. He managed a 60 hour week for 16 years and Hibs are going to need more than 1 FTE to replace him. One of the most personable and talented managers I have known - not just at Hibs but in 40 years of working life. Worthy of a special award from our club. Good luck G, it's been a pleasure to know you.

Gordon

Andy74
12-05-2015, 04:42 PM
Faced with the choice I would rather Hibs had kept Garry O'Hagan and let you two go.

???

Viva_Palmeiras
13-05-2015, 08:00 AM
???

Without having known Garry how can anyone comment that on whether it can be done by lesser admin types? I know it was quoting Leeann but the implication is there. And as for the face not fitting Id imagine that's speculation.

Im sure if you did a poll of folks from LWT that had met and have dealings with Garry the majority would find him to be professional, passionate, personable, hard working and competent. To dismiss
with a coupoe of speculative lines for someone who is dyed in the wool Hibee that helped during a period of great transformation spanning 16 years service perhaps deserves a bit better?

Andy74
13-05-2015, 09:10 AM
Without having known Garry how can anyone comment that on whether it can be done by lesser admin types? I know it was quoting Leeann but the implication is there. And as for the face not fitting Id imagine that's speculation.

Im sure if you did a poll of folks from LWT that had met and have dealings with Garry the majority would find him to be professional, passionate, personable, hard working and competent. To dismiss
with a coupoe of speculative lines for someone who is dyed in the wool Hibee that helped during a period of great transformation spanning 16 years service perhaps deserves a bit better?

I was making the general point around what LD had said about there being too many executive board members and that most of these tasks did not require board level people to carry them out.

I've made no comment on personality or professionalism which in any case makes no odds when you are looking at the right model.

The comment about rather losing us as fans was needless.

jacomo
13-05-2015, 09:14 AM
I don't know any of the characters involved, but would just make the observation that leaders and managers are not the same thing. Successful leaders need good managers to implement their strategy and run the ship, yet often underestimate this. Companies often go awry because the people with the ingrained knowledge of how the place actually works are pushed aside or under appreciated.

Leeann is clearly a leader. Deep changes were and are needed at Hibs, and she needs to be able to push through those changes. But I hope she also appreciates the ties that bind a club like Hibs together, and makes sure she also has people around her who can do the work needed to make our club run better.