PDA

View Full Version : Hearts to use ER?

CallumLaidlaw
09-05-2015, 11:52 PM
Well, it's how the paper are positioning it. But without reading the full article, it seems a journo asked her "would you consider leasing ER?"http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/05/09/aec543335d74283a088a722218d6d05f.jpg

Diclonius
09-05-2015, 11:55 PM
It won't happen. They'll end up in Murrayfield.

Sir David Gray
10-05-2015, 12:06 AM
No chance.

I would hope Leeann Dempster would knock this on the head pretty quickly.

GreenLake
10-05-2015, 12:10 AM
Why would they want to lease a stadium which would keep 380,000 of their fans from getting a seat.

SteveHFC
10-05-2015, 12:17 AM
No chance.

**** them.

Sir David Gray
10-05-2015, 12:18 AM
Why would they want to lease a stadium which would keep 380,000 of their fans from getting a seat.

Probably because 383000 of their fans can't get a seat at their current *****hole.

MWHIBBIES
10-05-2015, 12:22 AM
Delighted for you Ann but I'd rather **** in my hands and clap than share with your lot.

Sir David Gray
10-05-2015, 12:31 AM
Delighted for you Ann but I'd rather **** in my hands and clap than share with your lot.

:top marks

**** Hearts.

Greencore
10-05-2015, 12:48 AM
some fat Jambo ******* sitting in my st seat? No thanks.

Tinribs
10-05-2015, 01:05 AM
She ain't the ersehole most of us thought she was, but there is no way, while the chief puts Sunshine on Leith, that i would be happy with ground sharing.

green day
10-05-2015, 05:40 AM
Did the journalist bother to ask how they intended to fund rebuilding?

I can't remember the numbers offhand, but IIRC the FOH money is to be used to buy back Budges share (giving fans control).

I reckon it will be years before they can even think about this seriously. So no point getting hot under our collars yet.

Canon Hannan
10-05-2015, 06:04 AM
So let's get thus right. Hearts have just ripped businesses off for £30-40,000,000 and now want to raise £5-10,000,000 again for a new stand?

Www1875hfc
10-05-2015, 06:33 AM
http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spfl-lower-divisions/ann-budge-wants-hearts-to-remain-at-tynecastle-1-3768542

One idea she won’t float, though, is ground-sharing Easter Road. “I don’t know if I would be able to get that one by the supporters! Economically it is probably the best option but I do have to be a wee bit cautious.

bingo70
10-05-2015, 06:43 AM
So let's get thus right. Hearts have just ripped businesses off for £30-40,000,000 and now want to raise £5-10,000,000 again for a new stand?

Yes, nothing wrong with them trying to raise that money to be fair, if they were wanting to borrow the money there'd be an issue!

If we were to make a significant amount of money from them id have no issues renting them our grand. Good players cost money and if doing this allowed us to sign more good players then great, it'd also be weakening our rivals as they'd be losing the money they'd be paying us.

My only concern would be the state of the pitch. Artificial surfaces seem to be improving all the time though so that could be a solution.

Islington Hibs
10-05-2015, 07:18 AM
http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spfl-lower-divisions/ann-budge-wants-hearts-to-remain-at-tynecastle-1-3768542

One idea she won’t float, though, is ground-sharing Easter Road. “I don’t know if I would be able to get that one by the supporters! Economically it is probably the best option but I do have to be a wee bit cautious.

While I think there is virtually no chance it will happen it would be quite amusing paying us probably quite substantial rent, enjoying the green seats and having to eat humble pie. :wink:

She is pretty brave even to bring this us I think.

green day
10-05-2015, 07:46 AM

I note the usual revisionist history lesson in that article, mentioning the FTB proposed "merger" with Hibs.

Its just another fawning article about Budge.

They are skint and she won't take on the debt.

The gimps think tynie is fit for purpose. Let them carry on.

Ronniekirk
10-05-2015, 08:28 AM
It's all part of the new P R coming out of tynecastle She wants to have close working links with Leeann so that on common issues we can start to try and effect change and not let the old firm dominate decisions .For a one off game or while renovating the main stand if that happens she won't rule out using our ground as it might be cheaper option than Murrayfield .
As for both Clubs sharing a new ground in future ,it wouldn't surprise me if this is discussed at some point down the line .Whether it happens is another thing altogether .Leeann would consult with fans and assume that would kill it stone dead

greenginger
10-05-2015, 08:30 AM
I'd let them use Easter Road, but at the SPFL play-off arrangement rates.

Hibs get 50 % of the gross and their season ticket holders have to pay again ! :greengrin

BroxburnHibee
10-05-2015, 08:32 AM
Whilst I don't think it will happen I actually wouldn't mind it.

Hibs would benefit financially which can only be a good thing.

We really should take the blinkers off and drop this hatred of all things connected to the Yams.

Apart from that turd coloured strip and their Neanderthal fans of course :tee hee:

Bostonhibby
10-05-2015, 08:34 AM
Well, it's how the paper are positioning it. But without reading the full article, it seems a journo asked her "would you consider leasing ER?"http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/05/09/aec543335d74283a088a722218d6d05f.jpg

It's kind of her to consider us and say so, big team and all that, but it would only really be a story if we provided the same statement - I see no reason why we should make the consequences of the mess they got themselves into any easier - we spent our own money building a decent stadium, they blew other peoples stolen money on the special relationship cup and ego trips.

Will be very disappointed in Hibs if we offer them any form of solution to their stadium problem - surely every yam knows that's the councils job.

Bostonhibby
10-05-2015, 08:35 AM
I note the usual revisionist history lesson in that article, mentioning the FTB proposed "merger" with Hibs.

Its just another fawning article about Budge.

They are skint and she won't take on the debt.

The gimps think tynie is fit for purpose. Let them carry on.

:agree:

GordonHFC
10-05-2015, 08:44 AM
The quicker we buy up all the shares the quicker we can tell her to **** off.

matty_f
10-05-2015, 08:46 AM
It's kind of her to consider us and say so, big team and all that, but it would only really be a story if we provided the same statement - I see no reason why we should make the consequences of the mess they got themselves into any easier - we spent out own money building a decent stadium, they blew other peoples stolen money on the special relationship cup and ego trips.

Will be very disappointed in Hibs if we offer them any form of solution to their stadium problem - surely every yam knows that's the councils job.

Arch Stanton
10-05-2015, 08:49 AM
It's all part of the new P R coming out of tynecastle She wants to have close working links with Leeann so that on common issues we can start to try and effect change and not let the old firm dominate decisions .For a one off game or while renovating the main stand if that happens she won't rule out using our ground as it might be cheaper option than Murrayfield .
As for both Clubs sharing a new ground in future ,it wouldn't surprise me if this is discussed at some point down the line .Whether it happens is another thing altogether .Leeann would consult with fans and assume that would kill it stone dead

If she was negotiating with Murrayfield then saying she has an alternative would give her a stronger hand hand I suppose.

And, as for her own fans, they would be happier going to Murrayfield if the alternative was ER.

I still reckon the endgame will be a permanent move to Murrayfield.

offshorehibby
10-05-2015, 09:32 AM
I can't see the problem, it would be a good income stream which could only help Hibs in the long run.

iwasthere1972
10-05-2015, 09:40 AM
I can't remember us using Tynecastle when we built the West Stand or any of the other stands. :confused:

All they have to do is knock down the relic and use the other three stands until they have rebuilt something that can get a safety certificate without back handers to the council.

Simples.

Waxy
10-05-2015, 09:59 AM
If they buy their main stand steel from meccano like they did the other three stands then they could build it up on christmas day.
She doesnt say nothing about the other three stands which were supposed to have a life of around 25 years.Maybe she doesn't know?

O'Rourke3
10-05-2015, 09:59 AM
Hibs has to be a better option for them than either Murrayfield - too big - and Livingstone - too small. Hibs having another major income stream is one worth considering. For me the greatest problem is the pitch. We saw what happened to Motherwell's when Gretna came on board. I'd ensure there were conditions.....

So any deal also means them paying for a full re-laying about half way through the season.
I'd restrict the number of season books they could sell to avoid the we've got more SB than you on your own patch type insults.
They'd have to fill seats from the sides in - not middle out sort of thing.
Ensure they know they are tenants and there under sufferance.
You are in Easter Road Home of Hibernian signs everywhere etc.
Large landlord's deposit for the inevitable damage they will cause at some point.

Or just say no :greengrin

greenginger
10-05-2015, 10:04 AM
I can't remember us using Tynecastle when we built the West Stand or any of the other stands. :confused:

All they have to do is knock down the relic and use the other three stands until they have rebuilt something that can get a safety certificate without back handers to the council.

Simples.

I think there were a few more problems than just build a new stand.

The pitch size is not big enough for Champions League games !

Has the Distillery moved those pesky storage units that cause the Health and Safety risk.

The height of a new stand would cause daylighting problems to the tenements in Mcleod Street.

They would have to buy and demolish the Council buildings they rent for their shop and admin. to get access to the old stand.

Something must have forced Budge to start talking of alternatives to the PBS. Maybe the Council think its a good time to make things happen. Maybe Budge was truly worried when the flares went off in the wooden shack at the beginning of the year.

I do know there was a Heath and Safety Executive enforcement notice served on the Yams in 2013.

GreenCastle
10-05-2015, 10:26 AM
Bottom line is that sometime in the near future the death trap of a wooden stand with high maintenance costs will need replaced.

How that happens..well several before have looked at doing it and nothing has happened.

It won't be cheap to do..so somewhere down the line the club will have to find the funds to do it. This may come from fans pockets or elsewhere which may affect playing squad funds.

While we may not be filling our stadium it's good to know it doesn't need fixed anytime soon and if we can get the product on the pitch right in the top league the fans will hopefully return.

FranckSuzy
10-05-2015, 10:40 AM
Only when every single one of their fans admit that: 1) we are not the "wee team", 2) they are not "famous", 3) we paid our own way to redevelop our fully UEFA compliant stadium and 4) their ground is a pink bus shelter, would I even begin to consider this.

Stax
10-05-2015, 11:00 AM
F*** them. I understand people saying it would make financial sense for us but anything that helps them is a non starter for me. We've built our infrastructure and suffered for it. Meanwhile they've skooshed money they never had on anything but. Only a matter of time before the council will build a 'community' stadium for them anyway.

Godsahibby
10-05-2015, 11:01 AM
Hibs has to be a better option for them than either Murrayfield - too big - and Livingstone - too small. Hibs having another major income stream is one worth considering. For me the greatest problem is the pitch. We saw what happened to Motherwell's when Gretna came on board. I'd ensure there were conditions.....

So any deal also means them paying for a full re-laying about half way through the season.
I'd restrict the number of season books they could sell to avoid the we've got more SB than you on your own patch type insults.
They'd have to fill seats from the sides in - not middle out sort of thing.
Ensure they know they are tenants and there under sufferance.
You are in Easter Road Home of Hibernian signs everywhere etc.
Large landlord's deposit for the inevitable damage they will cause at some point.

Or just say no :greengrin

I think the Germans got a better deal at Versaile!

PeeKay
10-05-2015, 11:07 AM
Budge is part of the Edinburgh establishment. At some point Edinburgh Council will offer to build a new stadium with a view to Hibs and the yams sharing. Hibs will decline, the council will shrug and say, "Well you had the offer", and hand the whole lot over to them.

rcarter1
10-05-2015, 11:07 AM
F*** them. I understand people saying it would make financial sense for us but anything that helps them is a non starter for me. We've built our infrastructure and suffered for it. Meanwhile they've skooshed money they never had on anything but. Only a matter of time before the council will build a 'community' stadium for them anyway.

This is a way of profiting from them. Its all good (except the pitch is rubbish). As long as we charge them competitive rates this is superb. Hearts fans would hate it as well!!

Thecat23
10-05-2015, 11:17 AM
Guys it's never going to happen. It's a newspaper that is wanting to sell copies! She was prob asked if worst came to worst would hearts share with us?

She knows it won't happen their fans know it won't happen and Hibs know it won't happen. Non story!

emerald green
10-05-2015, 11:17 AM
One of the papers today carries two articles quoting Ann Budge.

One article's headline says, and I quote, "Ann Budge wants Hearts to remain at Tynecastle".

The other article's headline says "Ann Budge would prefer Hibs to win the play-offs". In this article she talks about her father having been a Hibs supporter.

This article (amongst other things) goes on to say - "before sinking her fortune & taking the reins at Hearts, Budge turned to Hibs CEO Leeann Dempster, among others, for information. "I had gone to visit her when she was at Motherwell to pick her brains on what it was like running a football club. So we had that initial contact and we've met a few times. She was very open, she explained the challenges in every aspect of running the business, dealing with supporters, the authorities etc. It was a good insight."

It may not be as fanciful as it seems that HMFC may possibly(?) use ER until the crumbling slum that is Tynecastle is put to rights, however that might be done, because it will cost plenty.

So where does the money come from? Their supporters have already dug very deep to keep them from going out of existence by buying season tickets in pretty large numbers, plus their DDs on top.

It will be interesting to see how this turns out.

Mikey09
10-05-2015, 11:23 AM
I quote... "I don't know if I would be able to get that (using Easter Road) one by the supporters. I know there was a great deal of dissatisfaction when we played a couple of games at Murrayfield and we all understand why. I was sitting in that stand at Murrayfield as well thinking, 'gosh, where's the atmosphere?"

So... Another wee dig at Hibs and Easter Road, implying it's a poor atmosphere? Seems Budge is pretty much like her pathetic support after all. Tell them tae GTF Leanne.

emerald green
10-05-2015, 11:28 AM
I quote... "I don't know if I would be able to get that (using Easter Road) one by the supporters. I know there was a great deal of dissatisfaction when we played a couple of games at Murrayfield and we all understand why. I was sitting in that stand at Murrayfield as well thinking, 'gosh, where's the atmosphere?"

So... Another wee dig at Hibs and Easter Road, implying it's a poor atmosphere? Seems Budge is pretty much like her pathetic support after all. Tell them tae GTF Leanne.

Nope. She was talking about the atmosphere (lack of) at Murrayfield.

O'Rourke3
10-05-2015, 11:33 AM
I think the Germans got a better deal at Versaile!

And the Germans were more likable too.....

Keith_M
10-05-2015, 11:39 AM
1) Reporter asks leading question to create (mildly) controversial newspaper headline

2) Supporters get their knickers in a twist over a non-story.

emerald green
10-05-2015, 11:50 AM
1) Reporter asks leading question to create (mildly) controversial newspaper headline

2) Supporters get their knickers in a twist over a non-story.

I'm not sure why you think where HOMFC play their football is a "non story". Some Hearts supporters I know are very much interested and concerned about this, because something will eventually have to be done to make the PBS fit for purpose.

Me personally, I couldn't give a toss where they play, but as they are our local and greatest rivals I will watch with interest how this develops.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
10-05-2015, 12:15 PM
It's kind of her to consider us and say so, big team and all that, but it would only really be a story if we provided the same statement - I see no reason why we should make the consequences of the mess they got themselves into any easier - we spent our own money building a decent stadium, they blew other peoples stolen money on the special relationship cup and ego trips.

Sums up perfectly where I am with this.

However, being pragmatic, they would find another solution be it Murrayfield, Livingston, or throw the new stand up over a closed season like we did with the East. If they were to shell out rent then we may as well take it, would wind them up sideways, but I'd like to see heavy penalties places on their verminous following who misplace faeces, etc.

Compulsory DNA testing at the turnstiles with the perpetrators tied to a post in the centre circle, Colosseum style, for the next Hibs home game. :greengrin

lyonhibs
10-05-2015, 12:22 PM

You've completely misread that quote from AB.

Still, if it comes to it, which it won't, tell them to go away and play with the traffic.

Mikey09
10-05-2015, 12:27 PM
You've completely misread that quote from AB.

Still, if it comes to it, which it won't, tell them to go away and play with the traffic.

Yep... Read it again and that makes sense. :aok:

jacomo
10-05-2015, 12:30 PM
I can't see the problem, it would be a good income stream which could only help Hibs in the long run.

Definition of nuisance tenants.

They'd burst all the seats on their first visit and refuse to pay the bill. Don't think it would much of a money earner tbh.

They'd also cover the concourses and toilets in '**** the Hibs' graffiti. Can't be trusted to treat ER with respect.

Mikey09
10-05-2015, 12:33 PM
What happens if... We are in the same league and they're the "home" team? We get the away end in our own stadium?! That would go down well.... :Ummm:

Alfred E Newman
10-05-2015, 12:52 PM

No it's not. I find Ann Budge a refreshing change from some of the obnoxious balloons that preceded her at Tyncastle. The sooner we get back to fierce rivalry without the hatred the better it will be.

Johnny_Leith
10-05-2015, 12:57 PM
Budge can take her face for a *****

No chance they're getting to use ER

green day
10-05-2015, 12:58 PM
No it's not. I find Ann Budge a refreshing change

Aye, when its a subject that helps her sound sensible.

Has anyone asked her a difficult question yet?

For example, does she intend paying back any of the debt incurred by the previous regime?

Or what is she doing about the sectarian element in HER support (she was comfy talking about Celtic fans).

Sorry, I don't buy it.

iwasthere1972
10-05-2015, 12:58 PM
What happens if... We are in the same league and they're the "home" team? We get the away end in our own stadium?! That would go down well.... :Ummm:

By then we'll be able to sing 'What a *****y home support'

Ryan69
10-05-2015, 01:07 PM

Christ...imagine waking up next to that in a morning!

She certainly is ugly! Are they all as ugly as her? 😳

Ashtead Hibs
10-05-2015, 01:19 PM
Makes complete sense for Hibs as long as the pitch can take it.

Malthibby
10-05-2015, 01:21 PM

She certainly is ugly! Are they all as ugly as her? 

There's Hibs Class, & that just isn't.

Ryan69
10-05-2015, 01:29 PM
There's Hibs Class, & that just isn't.

There is humour.....and you have none!

cabbageandribs1875
10-05-2015, 01:37 PM
Budge is part of the Edinburgh establishment. At some point Edinburgh Council will offer to build a new stadium with a view to Hibs and the yams sharing. Hibs will decline, the council will shrug and say, "Well you had the offer", and hand the whole lot over to them.

all of this :agree:

Pedantic_Hibee
10-05-2015, 01:56 PM

She certainly is ugly! Are they all as ugly as her? 😳

I've had worse.

Pete
10-05-2015, 02:03 PM
If they buy their main stand steel from meccano like they did the other three stands then they could build it up on christmas day.
She doesnt say nothing about the other three stands which were supposed to have a life of around 25 years.Maybe she doesn't know?

25 years?

Were they made out of marzipan or something?

Keith_M
10-05-2015, 02:13 PM
I'm not sure why you think where HOMFC play their football is a "non story".

I think you missed the point.

Have a read through the first sentence again and you'll find it

My_Wife_Camille
10-05-2015, 02:15 PM
I don't find Anne Budge particularly offensive or anything but she's still a disgusting Keith Lemon lookalike old Hearts cow and she can get ****ed if she thinks that Hibernian will ever allow those tax dodging Paedo freaks to call Easter Road Stadium their 'home', no matter how temporary. Can you imagine sitting in the away end at Easter Road during one of their Home Derbies? **** that.

Alfred E Newman
10-05-2015, 02:19 PM
[QUOTE=green day;4369398]Aye, when its a subject that helps her sound sensible.

For example, does she intend paying back any of the debt incurred by the previous regime?

Or what is she doing about the sectarian element in HER support (she was comfy talking about Celtic fans).

Sorry, I don't buy it.

Ann Budge's biggest problem will be getting back the money she has loaned to the club.

GreenLake
10-05-2015, 02:21 PM
Some grime on teeth

Ozyhibby
10-05-2015, 02:35 PM
It would bring in about £1m-£1.5m a season at no extra cost to us. That's money we could spend on the team. That's about a 50% increase in our player budget. We would be mad to turn it down.

lord bunberry
10-05-2015, 02:42 PM
It would bring in about £1m-£1.5m a season at no extra cost to us. That's money we could spend on the team. That's about a 50% increase in our player budget. We would be mad to turn it down.
It's not always about money. We could give away fans more tickets now but we don't.

Scouse Hibee
10-05-2015, 02:49 PM
[QUOTE=lord bunberry;4369435]It's not always about money. We could give away fans more tickets now but we don't.

Poor comparison dragged up again and again whenever anyone questions financial implications. Not a like for like revenue stream at all,if your stadium is not being used and someones wants to rent it, it would be daft not to.

lord bunberry
10-05-2015, 02:57 PM
[QUOTE=lord bunberry;4369435]It's not always about money. We could give away fans more tickets now but we don't.

Poor comparison dragged up again and again whenever anyone questions financial implications. Not a like for like revenue stream at all,if your stadium is not being used and someones wants to rent it, it would be daft not to.
I would find helping our main rivals daft. If they had to play at murrayfield or at the pbs with only 3 stands it would have a detrimental effect on there season.

Scouse Hibee
10-05-2015, 03:01 PM
[QUOTE=Scouse Hibee;4369441]
I would find helping our main rivals daft. If they had to play at murrayfield or at the pbs with only 3 stands it would have a detrimental effect on there season.

Like many others you are letting the fact that it's them cloud your judgement, fantastic revenue that we could not afford to turn down. As long as my seat is not used :-) by that mancy mob

c31
10-05-2015, 03:02 PM
Be weird if we are the away side at ER, would we have to pay if we smashed seats etc..

Sir David Gray
10-05-2015, 03:29 PM
Be weird if we are the away side at ER, would we have to pay if we smashed seats etc..

Why would Hibs fans smash seats at Easter Road? :confused:

Bostonhibby
10-05-2015, 03:36 PM
Sums up perfectly where I am with this.

However, being pragmatic, they would find another solution be it Murrayfield, Livingston, or throw the new stand up over a closed season like we did with the East. If they were to shell out rent then we may as well take it, would wind them up sideways, but I'd like to see heavy penalties places on their verminous following who misplace faeces, etc.

Compulsory DNA testing at the turnstiles with the perpetrators tied to a post in the centre circle, Colosseum style, for the next Hibs home game. :greengrin

:aok: Not sure how the DNA would work though - 400,000 results all the same every week. Might be better to just do it by a 2 stage test, firstly checking the teeth - generally all yammish adults under 30 will only have 3 or 4, we could then photograph their nylon tracksuit for later indentification of the owner as they always wear the same one.

If they share ER I swear I will do time :grr::wink:

Pete
10-05-2015, 03:40 PM
Like many others you are letting the fact that it's them cloud your judgement, fantastic revenue that we could not afford to turn down. As long as my seat is not used :-) by that mancy mob

I think it's perfectly normal for emotions to take over when talking about fierce city rivals.

However, I wouldn't mind them renting from us as long as the rent was at a suitably high level. We would need extra to maintain our pitch and extra to ensure our player budget is also increased.

Their fans would also hate it which would be a bonus. Imagine the shame. :greengrin

Ozyhibby
10-05-2015, 03:40 PM
[QUOTE=Scouse Hibee;4369441]

Taking £1.5m of them every season would not really be helping them at all. And they would resent every penny of it.

Bishop Hibee
10-05-2015, 03:48 PM
They'll play at Murrayfield if they find the cash to rebuild the asbestos stand. Be wary of the council flogging land to build them a stadium. Think how much Carrick Knowe golf course is worth.

Keith_M
10-05-2015, 04:01 PM

Would you want the Toffees to play at Anfield for a season?

scoopyboy
10-05-2015, 04:03 PM
[QUOTE=lord bunberry;4369444]

Taking £1.5m of them every season would not really be helping them at all. And they would resent every penny of it.

I would agree with that.

We are duty bound to pay £500,000 for the next ten years to eliminate our debt.

If we took £1,500,000 ang gave it to Farmer / Petrie then we would be debt free three years quicker.

Other benefit is it would put them further behind financially.

Mikey09
10-05-2015, 04:03 PM
They'll play at Murrayfield if they find the cash to rebuild the asbestos stand. Be wary of the council flogging land to build them a stadium. Think how much Carrick Knowe golf course is worth.

I think the council will go one better than that and build it for them. As someone else posted it will be put across as some sort of community project with the Yams having first dibs on it....

HIBERNIAN-0762
10-05-2015, 04:05 PM
[QUOTE=green day;4369398]Aye, when its a subject that helps her sound sensible.

Ann Budge's biggest problem will be getting back the money she has loaned to the club.

Spot on, I think they will be moving out of Edinburgh soon, they just don't have the money to pay her back despite all the hooha.

Scouse Hibee
10-05-2015, 04:07 PM

Wouldn't bother me in the slightest.

bingo70
10-05-2015, 04:13 PM

Different situation. Liverpool don't need the money and have umpteen other revenue streams. We've got a pish t.v. deal, low crowds, league with no sponsorship, in a division below where we should be and not sold any players in quite a while. We desperately need every penny we can get if we want to improve the squad.

All that said, if I was a Liverpool fan I'd still be fine with Everton paying to use anfield while goodison got redeveloped. Other than the potential state of the pitch it's a no brainer imo.

I'm sure the local businesses would also be delighted with the additional footfall.

Tyler Durden
10-05-2015, 04:17 PM

Not that there is the slightest chance of this happening but what are you basing those figures on?

Kojock
10-05-2015, 04:34 PM
Hibs would be crazy to turn down free cash. Nothing would please me more than to see Hertz contributing to Stubbs player fund.

Ozyhibby
10-05-2015, 04:49 PM
Not that there is the slightest chance of this happening but what are you basing those figures on?

Aberdeen charged Inverness about £1m for the season about 10 years ago. It's a guess but a slightly educated one.

Kojock
10-05-2015, 04:57 PM
Aberdeen charged Inverness about £1m for the season about 10 years ago. It's a guess but a slightly educated one.

Don't know how we would stand on hospitality, catering and Behind The Goals etc could be even more of a cash bonanza.

Ozyhibby
10-05-2015, 05:01 PM
Don't know how we would stand on hospitality, catering and Behind The Goals etc could be even more of a cash bonanza.

I would imagine any deal would allow for them to run their own hospitality.

Juice-Terry
10-05-2015, 05:03 PM

Not to mention how much local businesses around Easter Road would benefit. Mind you, not sure if I'd fancy that lot hanging out in The Four in Hand/The office/The Iona/Tamsons etc. every other Saturday. :rolleyes:

emerald green
10-05-2015, 05:39 PM
I think you missed the point.

Have a read through the first sentence again and you'll find it

I don't really think I have missed the point TBH.

The OP was referring to an article in The Sun, a rag I despise for many reasons. The article I read this morning was on the website of a decent newspaper, not Murdoch's Sun. The article was a fairly in-depth story containing an interview with Budge in which she talked about quite a few things and was quoted as saying she wanted her club to remain at Tynecastle.

I just didn't think this is/was a non story. Maybe we are at cross purposes here? No big deal though.

Keith_M
10-05-2015, 05:48 PM
Wouldn't bother me in the slightest.

Fair enough.

I still don't think the situation will even arise where Hearts ask Hibs to rent the Stadium while theirs is rebuilt, so it's merely hypothetical anyway.

Personally, I'd only want Hibs to agree if they charged Hearts a totally ridiculous amount of rent for the privilege. For one thing, we'd need it to repair the damage that the moronic elements in their support would undoubtedly cause and for another thing, it would completely ruin the pitch to have double the number of matches.

5 mil per season would about cover it.

Keith_M
10-05-2015, 05:51 PM
I don't really think I have missed the point TBH.

The OP was referring to an article in The Sun, a rag I despise for many reasons. The article I read this morning was on the website of a decent newspaper, not Murdoch's Sun. The article was a fairly in-depth story containing an interview with Budge in which she talked about quite a few things and was quoted as saying she wanted her club to remain at Tynecastle.

I just didn't think this is/was a non story. Maybe we are at cross purposes here? No big deal though.

Probably

:aok:

emerald green
10-05-2015, 05:55 PM
Probably

:aok:

OK no probs. :greengrin :aok:

Kojock
10-05-2015, 05:58 PM
If the roles were reversed, would you buy a Hibs season ticket to sit in Tynecastle?

Sir David Gray
10-05-2015, 06:00 PM
If the roles were reversed, would you buy a Hibs season ticket to sit in Tynecastle?

Yes.

Scouse Hibee
10-05-2015, 07:37 PM
If the roles were reversed, would you buy a Hibs season ticket to sit in Tynecastle?,

Yes much closer to my house, half the journey so would suffer it in the short term.

emerald green
10-05-2015, 07:43 PM

If it was a choice between Tynecastle and Murrayfield (soulless) I probably would, but very reluctantly, and certainly not in that old dangerous ramshackle stand.

I would also insist that my seat was deep cleaned first. You just never know who/what might have been there before you.

Cabbage East
10-05-2015, 07:44 PM
They can bolt. Enjoy your shan wee ground ya scaffy mutants.

Woody70x2
10-05-2015, 08:11 PM
I think it would be a good idea to share and increase the coffers for boosting the squad. The only draw back I see is the fact that they would have a better average crowd over the season that will likely be an average that sticks for a good number of years.

Jack Hackett
10-05-2015, 08:57 PM
They can bolt. Enjoy your shan wee ground ya scaffy mutants.

Seconded :yw:

OsloHibs
10-05-2015, 09:03 PM
Hibs would be crazy to turn down free cash. Nothing would please me more than to see Hertz contributing to Stubbs player fund.

Ryan69
10-05-2015, 09:37 PM
Problem is that Hearts don't have a pot to piss in at the moment!

Best option would be a percentage of gates receipts to us.
20% sounds fair I'd say.

Eyrie
10-05-2015, 09:46 PM
Problem is that Hearts don't have a pot to piss in at the moment!

Best option would be a percentage of gates receipts to us.
20% sounds fair I'd say.

According to the SPFL the going rate is 50% of the gross before any costs are deducted, so we won't have the hassle of negotiating.

green is good
10-05-2015, 10:32 PM
Did Hibs not have to move the new East Stand back a bit compared to the old one and remove some seats from the West Stand to comply with pitch run off regulations? Or did I just dream that?

Peevemor
10-05-2015, 11:29 PM
Did Hibs not have to move the new East Stand back a bit compared to the old one and remove some seats from the West Stand to comply with pitch run off regulations? Or did I just dream that?

Hibs didn't need to alter anything as the stadium redevelopment was properly planned from the word go. When the North and South stands were built, they weren't centred on the pitch but more toward the east to leave room for the new West stand. The bottom rows of each of the end stands were level with each other, meaning that in the FF (North) it was above pitch level and below pitch level in the South where there were 2-3 rows of seats they couldn't sell. This all made sense once the West was built and the pitch levelled, although some seats were lost in the old East. When the old car park was sold off, enough land was kept to build the new East in it's proper, current position while keeping the pitch up to international standards /dimensions.

At Tynie they screwed up from the off. The distance between their end stands wasn't enough and even though they eventually removed some seats, there's a limit as to how far they can go given that their floodlight pylons in the corners also hold up the roofs of their stands. Even if they find the dosh to rebuild their main stand, there's no simple solution to the problem they have with the length of their pitch (apart from starting from scratch).

Or skyhooks... :wink:

3pm
11-05-2015, 06:12 AM
Problem is that Hearts don't have a pot to piss in at the moment.

According to the papers this morning they do. £400,00 for some 'wonder kid'.

we are hibs
11-05-2015, 06:25 AM
if there is any sort of profit to be made then i can see it happening, petrie would be all over it like a rash.

Blaster
11-05-2015, 07:15 AM
Edinburgh rugby may be using Easter road next season according to the paper today

I heard this rumour last week but thought it was nonsense

Lucius Apuleius
11-05-2015, 07:26 AM
if there is any sort of profit to be made then i can see it happening, petrie would be all over it like a rash.

Any bloody excuse, eh?

bingo70
11-05-2015, 07:29 AM
Edinburgh rugby may be using Easter road next season according to the paper today

Wonder if that means we're considering a 5g pitch then? (I still can't really get my head round rugby being played on those pitches)

Viva_Palmeiras
11-05-2015, 07:49 AM
"Garden-district" plan b anyone?

http://m.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/1bn-garden-district-plan-for-edinburgh-1-3769116

thought Murray was bankrupt (financially and morally) maybe wishful thinking on my part?

should we be rewarding people like him? I not that Fred was supposedly still hanging around Embra like a bad smell...

scoopyboy
11-05-2015, 07:51 AM
Hibs didn't need to alter anything as the stadium redevelopment was properly planned from the word go. When the North and South stands were built, they weren't centred on the pitch but more toward the east to leave room for the new West stand. The bottom rows of each of the end stands were level with each other, meaning that in the FF (North) it was above pitch level and below pitch level in the South where there were 2-3 rows of seats they couldn't sell. This all made sense once the West was built and the pitch levelled, although some seats were lost in the old East. When the old car park was sold off, enough land was kept to build the new East in it's proper, current position while keeping the pitch up to international standards /dimensions.

At Tynie they screwed up from the off. The distance between their end stands wasn't enough and even though they eventually removed some seats, there's a limit as to how far they can go given that their floodlight pylons in the corners also hold up the roofs of their stands. Even if they find the dosh to rebuild their main stand, there's no simple solution to the problem they have with the length of their pitch (apart from starting from scratch).

Or skyhooks... :wink:

I'm sure a row or two were removed from the West when the East was built.

Peevemor
11-05-2015, 08:05 AM

That rings a bell tbh.

Keith_M
11-05-2015, 08:05 AM

Yep, the first row. That's why the nearest you can sit to the pitch is now row B instead of A.

I think they moved the pitch slightly to the West, and aligned it to the FF and South Stands.

AndyM_1875
11-05-2015, 08:20 AM
"Garden-district" plan b anyone?

http://m.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/1bn-garden-district-plan-for-edinburgh-1-3769116

thought Murray was bankrupt (financially and morally) maybe wishful thinking on my part?

should we be rewarding people like him? I not that Fred was supposedly still hanging around Embra like a bad smell...

Murray would up some elements of his business.
He still has large personal wealth and his property management business has carried on unhindered doing very nicely.

Andy74
11-05-2015, 09:25 AM
I see from BBC that Hearts are planning to spend £400k on a defender. Doesn't look like they are worrying about stadium costs just yet.

Spike Mandela
11-05-2015, 09:37 AM
I see from BBC that Hearts are planning to spend £400k on a defender. Doesn't look like they are worrying about stadium costs just yet.

Hmmmm roughly one fifth of what they robbed the VAT man of. Cheats always prosper.

Ozyhibby
11-05-2015, 11:16 AM

Anyone got a link to this?

Sir David Gray
11-05-2015, 11:18 AM

Yep.

I used to sit in the front row of the west stand and Hibs wrote to me to let me know that they were taking those seats out when the new east stand was being built and i had first shout for a seat in the wheelchair section in the east stand.

CropleyWasGod
11-05-2015, 11:22 AM
Hmmmm roughly one fifth of what they robbed the VAT man of. Cheats always prosper.

Not sure if this is the final list, but the VAT man was one person who didn't get bumped.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spfl-lower-divisions/hearts-list-of-creditors-in-full-1-3024802

HMRC, though, for the tax case. :greengrin

Bad Martini
11-05-2015, 11:30 AM
Not sure if this is the final list, but the VAT man was one person who didn't get bumped.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spfl-lower-divisions/hearts-list-of-creditors-in-full-1-3024802

HMRC, though, for the tax case. :greengrin

Generally speaking you cannot bump/cheat/diddle two things; death and the VAT man. Trying either will result in destruction generally speaking, ironically leading to the very thing you attempted to dodge being exponentially worse :greengrin

Whilst talking about irony, isn't it a pip...those stupid, puddle drinking, pretty much all related mutants started all the stooshie cause the Pieman was gonna pay of their debts and sort this stadium nonsense out for them...............the rest is history. :greengrin

Utter bampots. :agree:

ENDOF

LaMotta
11-05-2015, 11:32 AM
Wonder if that means we're considering a 5g pitch then? (I still can't really get my head round rugby being played on those pitches)

Havent read the article but have been speaking to someone who works for Edinburgh Rugby and appparently a new pitch would be part of the agreement.

The pitch would be the same hybrid style one that Arsenal and Man U use, mainly grass with a bit of synthetic ( not sure if that is 5g?)

Brightside
11-05-2015, 12:26 PM

what a daft report that is... hearts have ZERO money to buy players with next season. all players will be free transfers.

Keith_M
11-05-2015, 12:39 PM
Havent read the article but have been speaking to someone who works for Edinburgh Rugby and appparently a new pitch would be part of the agreement.

The pitch would be the same hybrid style one that Arsenal and Man U use, mainly grass with a bit of synthetic ( not sure if that is 5g?)

Is the pitch at ER long enough for Rugby?

As I understand the rules, the distance between the goals is 100m and each 'in goal' area (try zone) must be a minimum of 10 metres, meaning 100m+10m+10m = 120m

That would suggest the pitch at ER is nearly 15 metres too short.

Ozyhibby
11-05-2015, 12:56 PM

They have a pitch like that at Murrayfield now. Maybe they are planning on using same supplier. Be interesting to know how much this could be worth to us.

overdrive
11-05-2015, 05:17 PM
They have a pitch like that at Murrayfield now. Maybe they are planning on using same supplier. Be interesting to know how much this could be worth to us.

I'm sure the supplier posts on here.

overdrive
11-05-2015, 05:20 PM

As I understand the rules, the distance between the goals is 100m and each 'in goal' area (try zone) must be a minimum of 10 metres, meaning 100m+10m+10m = 120m

It was big enough when they were based at ER before and I think the pitch was smaller then. Unless the pitch dimensions for rugby have changed since then.

I have more issues with Edinburgh Rugby playing at ER than Hearts due to the damage rugby would do to the pitch. Wouldn't be too much of an issue of the pitch was changed.

Eyrie
11-05-2015, 06:24 PM

I don't think so. Glasgow used to play at Firhill, and they had to shorten the field of play to create an in-goal area. Apparently there wasn't much of an in-goal area at Ospreys on Friday night, and Bath's Rec ground has a ridiculously short in-goal area.

Murrayfield on the other hand has the biggest area I've seen.

HUTCHYHIBBY
11-05-2015, 08:24 PM
If this ever happens which I very much doubt, we should make sure we get the dough up front 'cos they ain't keen on paying for things.

Caversham Green
11-05-2015, 09:51 PM

Reading FC have that as well - they share with London Irish and the pitch is always in decent nick.