PDA

View Full Version : Barcelona v Bayern

3pm
06-05-2015, 07:02 PM
0-0.

Gary Neville just said 'it's a bit like Rocky and Clubber Lang'.

O'Rourke3
06-05-2015, 07:12 PM
I understand d Peter Houston's been on the blower to Pep explaining it's crosses that win games. Barca should be 2 up

Haymaker
06-05-2015, 07:12 PM
Pep started strange, going man fir man at the back against the best front 3 in football?

Michael
06-05-2015, 07:19 PM
Every year...Barcelona, Bayern and Real Madrid....

Also, Bayern were much more interesting under Heynckes.

Haymaker
06-05-2015, 07:24 PM
Every year...Barcelona, Bayern and Real Madrid....

Also, Bayern were much more interesting under Heynckes.

Fully agree. Pep has taken the most entertaining side in europe and made them dull.

blackpoolhibs
06-05-2015, 07:24 PM
This is like a game managed by two Tony Mowbrays. :top marks

Andy74
06-05-2015, 07:26 PM
I see Spanish domestic football has been suspended due to disagreements with government.

Scottie
06-05-2015, 07:27 PM
This is like a game managed by two Tony Mowbrays. :top marks
:agree: This is how football should be played :aok:

Mind you still room in this world for tacticians like T Butcher :cb

blackpoolhibs
06-05-2015, 07:31 PM
:agree: This is how football should be played :aok:

Mind you still room in this world for tacticians like T Butcher :cb

How has that ended 0-0 at half time? What a game. :top marks

3pm
06-05-2015, 07:35 PM
How has that ended 0-0 at half time? What a game. :top marks

Mental. I think there was 12 of them round the ball at one point. One would lose it, win it back, lose it, win it back etc.

This is the kind of game Brian Kerr excelled in.

McKenzie
06-05-2015, 07:36 PM
Two best teams in world football. Outstanding game and an example for any young kids

Golden Bear
06-05-2015, 07:37 PM
I was really looking forward to this but there's a sameness about the whole occasion.
Give me Falkirk v Hibs anyday (well the last game that is!)

Michael
06-05-2015, 07:38 PM
Why do they keep talking that first half up? I thought it was *****.

Scottie
06-05-2015, 07:39 PM
Mental. I think there was 12 of them round the ball at one point. One would lose it, win it back, lose it, win it back etc.

This is the kind of game Brian Kerr excelled in.
We've just got to sit back and appreciate that in Messi we are probably watching the best player in the modern game if not the best player ever to grace a football pitch.

brianmc
06-05-2015, 07:40 PM

Step away from the drugs! That was as good a 45 minutes as any 0-0 I've seen

NadeAteMyLunch!
Mental tactics from Pep at the start of that game!!

3pm

You better change your username to Bobby Williamson.

Andy74
Someone has to stick the ball in the net though.

frazeHFC
06-05-2015, 07:44 PM
Was hoping for more goals but there's certainly been chances. Here's hoping for a similar second half but the ball in the net a few times!

therealgavmac
06-05-2015, 07:48 PM
Was hoping for more goals but there's certainly been chances. Here's hoping for a similar second half but the ball in the net a few times!

Aye..... just like watchin the Hibs...... :greengrin

Michael
06-05-2015, 08:00 PM
You better change your username to Bobby Williamson.

I'm off to the cinema!

3pm
06-05-2015, 08:18 PM
Was that a cowboy talking to Enrique?!

3pm
06-05-2015, 08:21 PM
1-0. Messi.

Andy74
06-05-2015, 08:22 PM
Oh my!

tamig
06-05-2015, 08:23 PM
Superb second goal. Genius.

3pm
Oh my!

Unbelievable.

Haymaker
Awful by Bayern again.

Andy74
06-05-2015, 08:25 PM
I'd like to see the Neymar penalty incident again just before first goal. Looked like the ref was going to book him then backed off when he realised it would be a red.

tamig
06-05-2015, 08:26 PM
I'd like to see the Neymar penalty incident again just before first goal. Looked like the ref was going to book him then backed off when he realised it would be a red.

OF like behaviour.

McKenzie
06-05-2015, 08:28 PM
The best footballer that has and will ever play the game. There's no adjective to describe him

Golden Bear
06-05-2015, 08:29 PM
Messi obviously learnt that skill for his second goal from watching our very own Farid el Alagui!

Borderhibbie76
06-05-2015, 08:34 PM
Messi is just argentinian scotty allan :)

poolman
06-05-2015, 08:34 PM
The best footballer that has and will ever play the game. There's no adjective to describe him

Would'nt go as far as that

He's only scored 52 goals this season 😀

David_D
06-05-2015, 08:36 PM
3-0 Neymar. Bayern might regret pushing people forward.

Haymaker
06-05-2015, 08:37 PM
Nice from Neymar. Poor from bayern. Coached by the "best coach ever"

ACLeith
06-05-2015, 08:38 PM
The best game I've seen in years. Two great teams split only by one genius. And a great ref who kept control whilst playing great advantages.

Andy74
06-05-2015, 08:39 PM

Still an argument for Pele for me. 77 goals in 92 international games. 650 club goals in less than 700 games.

At 17 he scored in the World Cup quarters. A hat trick in the semi final and two in the final.

Further goals and assists in semi and final in 70.

Different players and different era. A tricky one to compare club and world football then to now.

johnbc70
06-05-2015, 08:41 PM
Should have cashed out as I had 2-0 Barcelona and was just about to press the button - lost out on £37.

The upside is I have a ticket for the Final in Berlin and my dream final of Barcelona v Real Madrid remains alive, need Real to do the business next week though.

Jack Hackett
06-05-2015, 08:41 PM
That had everything. Brilliant game.

McKenzie
06-05-2015, 08:43 PM
Would'nt go as far as that

He's only scored 52 goals this season 😀

27 this year. A goal every 4.6 days.

Scottie
06-05-2015, 08:43 PM
Should have cashed out as I had 2-0 Barcelona and was just about to press the button - lost out on £37.

The upside is I have a ticket for the Final in Berlin and my dream final of Barcelona v Real Madrid remains alive, need Real to do the business next week though.
Your dream final Barca v Real :rolleyes: Some Hibby you eh :cb

:greengrin

Hibernia&Alba
06-05-2015, 08:44 PM

That would be like an Old Firm Champions League final: total carnage!

How did you get your ticket?

Danderhall Hibs
06-05-2015, 08:45 PM
Still an argument for Pele for me. 77 goals in 92 international games. 650 club goals in less than 700 games.

At 17 he scored in the World Cup quarters. A hat trick in the semi final and two in the final.

Different players and different era. A tricky one to compare club and world football then to now.

Easier to score in the old days and he never mode out of South America to prove himself elsewhere did he?

In short he's not all that :wink:

McD
06-05-2015, 08:46 PM
We've just got to sit back and appreciate that in Messi we are probably watching the best player in the modern game if not the best player ever to grace a football pitch.

This. :top marks

johnbc70
06-05-2015, 08:52 PM
That would be like an Old Firm Champions League final: total carnage!

How did you get your ticket?

In the public ballot - this will be my second final as I was at Wembley in 2013 when Bayern won it. Every year you can apply on the UEFA website and you go into a lottery type thing and find out a few weeks later.

hibsbollah
06-05-2015, 11:05 PM

Maradona. Still the only man to win a world cup virtually singlehandedly. Without him, Caniggia et al wouldve struggled to get out of the group. Will never forget that game against Belgium.

dmc1875
06-05-2015, 11:15 PM
That's one of the best games I've seen in a long time and if Pepe hadn't decided to have a go it wouldn't have been.

It was such a tactical yet open game separated by a genuis. There is no doubt ronaldo and messi are a class above everyone else but Messi is no 1 give him the ballon d'or back now. Probably the best footballer ever.

R'Albin
06-05-2015, 11:35 PM
Pep is too stubborn for his own good. Why not try take a 0-0 back to Munich once it had hit about 60 mins? Instead he had Bayern rushing to take a goal kick, where Neuer passed it to his left back who criminally decided to take on a man in his own half and lose the ball for the goal.

Haymaker
06-05-2015, 11:40 PM
Pep is too stubborn for his own good. Why not try take a 0-0 back to Munich once it had hit about 60 mins? Instead he had Bayern rushing to take a goal kick, where Neuer passed it to his left back who criminally decided to take on a man in his own half and lose the ball for the goal.

This. He is quite clearly a great coach however he is unflexable in his play (ironic). He got away with it at Barca as he had Messi to bail him out.

Alex Trager
07-05-2015, 06:15 AM
Waw. That messi second is very naughty. Very very naughty.

Just totally mesmerising

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

R'Albin
07-05-2015, 06:54 AM
This. He is quite clearly a great coach however he is unflexable in his play (ironic). He got away with it at Barca as he had Messi to bail him out.

:agree:

Keith_M
07-05-2015, 07:23 AM
Bayern get papped out the German cup last week and humped in the CL this week.

Happy Days :thumbsup:

PeeJay
07-05-2015, 07:40 AM
Bayern get papped out the German cup last week and humped in the CL this week.

Happy Days :thumbsup:

I'm with you on this, but I thought the Bayern lads put in a great performance up until the idiotic first goal - wonder what would have happened if Lewandowski had scored with that 1st half chance? Should be a cracking game in München - you can't count them out yet ...

PeeJay
07-05-2015, 07:47 AM

Not sure about that ... how is Guardiola to blame for this? This was the "world's best goalkeeper" doing his own thing, of his own accord, as he usually does to great effect - here, he made a blunder, otherwise he had a great few stops. Mind you, don't think Guardiola should have subbed Müller with Götze ...

R'Albin
07-05-2015, 08:48 AM
Not sure about that ... how is Guardiola to blame for this? This was the "world's best goalkeeper" doing his own thing, of his own accord, as he usually does to great effect - here, he made a blunder, otherwise he had a great few stops. Mind you, don't think Guardiola should have subbed Müller with Götze ...

I agree that Neuer needs freedom and that's part of what makes him as great as he is. But surely a short pass to a left back in that situation is something the manager should be ensuring his players don't do? Maybe a poor example given how they exited the competition, but would you have ever seen Jose Mourinho's keeper or left back do something so reckless? He would have taken the 0-0 or the 1-0 and ran. Instead, Bayern enter the second leg with almost no hope.

PeeJay
07-05-2015, 09:13 AM
I agree that Neuer needs freedom and that's part of what makes him as great as he is. But surely a short pass to a left back in that situation is something the manager should be ensuring his players don't do? Maybe a poor example given how they exited the competition, but would you have ever seen Jose Mourinho's keeper or left back do something so reckless? He would have taken the 0-0 or the 1-0 and ran. Instead, Bayern enter the second leg with almost no hope.

Fair point ... Guardiola lets Neuer play his game and often this type of quick outward pass is something Neuer is excellent at doing: yesterday it was a massive blunder, Neuer is partly to blame, but his "switched-off" teammates should know better, I think ... BTW, there is never "no hope" with Bayern (much as it pains me to say that! :greengrin)

DH1875
07-05-2015, 09:24 AM
Hala madrid

calumhibee1
07-05-2015, 10:07 AM

This. I don't believe for a second that anyone has ever been better than Messi. I'd even say the same for Ronaldo to be honest (apart from Messi being a significant bit better than him of course). The two best players in history, and in Messi, a man that will remain the best ever for a very long time, can't see anyone coming along that's better any time soon. :agree:

CockneyRebel
07-05-2015, 10:11 AM
This. I don't believe for a second that anyone has ever been better than Messi. I'd even say the same for Ronaldo to be honest (apart from Messi being a significant bit better than him of course). The two best players in history, and in Messi, a man that will remain the best ever for a very long time, can't see anyone coming along that's better any time soon. :agree:

It's Tortolano for me.

JimBHibees
07-05-2015, 10:17 AM

Absolutely and you really need to take into account the massive physical abuse guys like Pele and Maradona used to take unlike the primadonnas about now :wink:

There is no way IMO that either Messi or Ronaldo would have been able to take some of the assaults the guys years ago had to put up with. Guys had to basically pull a knife to get a yellow card (or booking as it was).

Andy74
07-05-2015, 10:42 AM
Absolutely and you really need to take into account the massive physical abuse guys like Pele and Maradona used to take unlike the primadonnas about now :wink:

There is no way IMO that either Messi or Ronaldo would have been able to take some of the assaults the guys years ago had to put up with. Guys had to basically pull a knife to get a yellow card (or booking as it was).

I think with the passing of time some of the achievements of Pele have been forgotten.

Could you imagine if a 17 year old came to a world cup, scored in the quarters, then a semi final hat trick and two in the final including that flick up and volley?

There is some argument that the champions League has overtaken the world cup and so what Messi and Ronaldo do there is comparable. Maybe, but they also have this tournament set up so they have the best possible chance to play in the latter stages of it every year, supported by the best players.

If Pele wasn't brutally kicked out of another two world cups he probably would have had another couple of winner medals at that level.

Anyway, I haven't seen Messi or Ronaldo helping prisoners of war escape the Nazis as yet, have you?

Baader
07-05-2015, 10:53 AM
I think with the passing of time some of the achievements of Pele have been forgotten.

Could you imagine if a 17 year old came to a world cup, scored in the quarters, then a semi final hat trick and two in the final including that flick up and volley?

There is some argument that the champions League has overtaken the world cup and so what Messi and Ronaldo do there is comparable. Maybe, but they also have this tournament set up so they have the best possible chance to play in the latter stages of it every year, supported by the best players.

If Pele wasn't brutally kicked out of another two world cups he probably would have had another couple of winner medals at that level.

Anyway, I haven't seen Messi or Ronaldo helping prisoners of war escape the Nazis as yet, have you?

Yep. Lets not forgot Pele won 3 World Cups and while it was easier to score then it was also much easier to get crocked. They were marked men without any protection. Brazil would probably have won it again in 66 if he hadn't have been kicked out the tournament.

Messi certainly has strong claim to stand aside Pele or perhaps even in frontof the great man but just because there isn't as much TV footage of players from bygone days doesn't mean they were any less a player. It annoys me how in England football these days only seems to go as far back as the Premier Leagues inception in 1992. There were guys rattling in goals in the top flight before then whose achievements don't merit a mention now... Its as if records only began with the Premier League...

lord bunberry
07-05-2015, 11:10 AM

pedroorange1875
07-05-2015, 11:56 AM
Im not doubting Messi deserves all the incredible headlines he is getting at the moment. However on the world stage its a completely different story and is why at the moment he cant be put up beside Pele or Maradonna. He is not even in the same league.

Domestically no doubt at all

--------
07-05-2015, 01:48 PM
Easier to score in the old days and he never mode out of South America to prove himself elsewhere did he?

In short he's not all that :wink:

Star of the 1958 World Cup in Sweden at 17 years of age; injured in Chile in 1962.

Then he was hacked out of the tournament in England - the English referee George McCabe let the Portuguese players get away with murder against him in the third and losing section game. I well remember the sight of him limping around the pitch through the second half - no subs in 1966. What happened was a disgrace, and I remain convinced that McCabe let Morais in particular do what he did to remove a real threat from the tournament before Pele played against England.

He came back in 1970 and was quite simply the star of an outstanding Brazilian side. The complete team player - not a hint of the prima donna. To come back after the treatment he had received in England and to figure so outstandingly in every one of the six matches he played in Mexico says it all about his character.

As for proving 'elsewhere', Brazilian football in his day was very strong, very competitive, and the fact that he played in Brazil throughout his career didn't mean what you're suggesting it meant.

And if you REALLY think it was easier to score in those days, you might like to do a wee bit of research into some of the big dirty defenders Pele played against and the way referees had at the time of turning a blind eye and waving play on when the welly was going in.

Just as well you put that winky smilie in there, or I'd have thought you'd lost your marbles ... :devil:

There isn't, nor ever will there be, a "greatest footballer ever". A player can only be great in his (or her, nowadays) generation. Even then you have arguments. Who was better - Puskas or Di Stefano? Was Pele a greater player than Maradona? What about Gerd Muller, 'Der Bomber'? Franz Beckenbauer, the 'Kaiser'? Roberto Baggio? Paolo Maldini? Zinidine Zidane? Lionel Messi is probably #1 right now, but Christiano Ronaldo might still have something to say about that in the next couple of years.

I saw all of those guys play, and they were all great players. And there were others almost as good, maybe as good, maybe better.

And just to stir the pot a wee bit - I'd back a fit Puskas in his 20's to have scored 5 or 6 last night if he'd been playing in place of Messi.

HE didnae waste chances like those.

Pretty Boy
07-05-2015, 04:27 PM
Im not doubting Messi deserves all the incredible headlines he is getting at the moment. However on the world stage its a completely different story and is why at the moment he cant be put up beside Pele or Maradonna. He is not even in the same league.

Domestically no doubt at all

Tbh he's playing players on the 'world stage' on a regular basis and starring. The Champions League features a hell of a lot of the best players in the world and is around every year and Messi regularly shines. Such a tournament didn't exist in Peles day and the only time the the best players in the world competed was at the World Cup. I'd argue that the Champions League for the last 10-15 years at least has regularly featured the best players from Europe, Africa, Asia and South America.

The argument is also often made that Messi and Ronaldo and other wouldn't have coped with the physical side of the game in the past. To balance that up surely it has to be accepted that Pele and even Maradonna who played relatively recently wouldn't be able to cope with the pace of the game now and the stamina required. Watch games from the 50s through the 70s and even 80s on Youtube or whatever and it's like watching in slow motion at times.

It's an argument that I can't win though because in any sport no one of a certain vintage will ever accept that past icons can be bettered. I'm not trying to belittle the achievements of Pele in any way but Messi is a unique and special talent who is worthy of whatever superlatives are thrown at him and he'll be talked about for years to come. Doddie nails it above, you can't ever have a greatest player ever because there are far too many variables to consider.

lyonhibs
07-05-2015, 05:46 PM
The answer to the question is Maradona. Thank me later :-P

HibbyAndy
07-05-2015, 06:41 PM
The answer to the question is Maradona. Thank me later :-P

For me Maradona is quite simply the greatest player ever.

Jonnyboy
07-05-2015, 06:44 PM
Age has its benefits sometimes and I feel privileged to have watched Pele, Maradona, Messi and Ronaldo play. They were/are all quality footballers of that there is no doubt.

As far as the Messi/Ronaldo debate goes I'm firmly in the Messi camp. Scores loads, makes loads and always tries to stay on his feet while Ronaldo scores loads, refuses to pass the ball if he is near goal and falls over if he's looked at the wrong way! :greengrin

Billy Whizz
07-05-2015, 06:50 PM
Age has its benefits sometimes and I feel privileged to have watched Pele, Maradona, Messi and Ronaldo play. They were/are all quality footballers of that there is no doubt.

As far as the Messi/Ronaldo debate goes I'm firmly in the Messi camp. Scores loads, makes loads and always tries to stay on his feet while Ronaldo scores loads, refuses to pass the ball if he is near goal and falls over if he's looked at the wrong way! :greengrin

I'm in the Messi camp as well, but my favourite all time footballer was Cruyff. Thought he had everything!
I think there has been a player that's shine in each era, really hard to compare each of them. Wonder who we'll be talking about in 10 years

Jonnyboy
07-05-2015, 06:53 PM
I'm in the Messi camp as well, but my favourite all time footballer was Cruyff. Thought he had everything!
I think there has been a player that's shine in each era, really hard to compare each of them. Wonder who we'll be talking about in 10 years

Scott Allan :greengrin

3pm
07-05-2015, 06:54 PM
Pele said George Best was the greatest. I agree.

Billy Whizz
07-05-2015, 06:56 PM
Scott Allan :greengrin

Would be nice, doubt it though😄

ACLeith
07-05-2015, 08:36 PM

Agree JB. Messi has always been a team player, Ronaldo never will be and he seems to be getting worse. Messi's second last night was created and finished with his "wrong" foot, Ronaldo could have matched him with his right but I doubt he could have with his left.

Jonnyboy
07-05-2015, 09:06 PM
I have a lot of time for Pep, but this is just nonsense :greengrin

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32619182

Danderhall Hibs
07-05-2015, 09:41 PM
Doddie it was easier to score in the old days - the results were 9-3 and 10-2 every other week.

The defenders might've been big and dirty but they clearly weren't very good.

cmcd
07-05-2015, 09:47 PM
In your opinion

--------
07-05-2015, 11:57 PM

Yeah - like a guy wrestling a grizzly bear's in control of the bear. Right up to the moment the bear rips his head off.

Anything can happen in the second leg, right enough, but it isn't looking good for the Munch-kins.

PeeJay
08-05-2015, 08:41 AM

I can see Guardiola's line of thought, not sure it is "nonsense" as you suggest: the outcome was actually looking good for an "under-strength" Bayern until the 1st goal went in, even at the 2nd, the game in Munich could still have been a difficult one for Barcelona - the 3rd goal obviously makes it extremely difficult. I would never give up on Bayern though: an early goal and anything is possible - think Bayern without Ribery and Robben are only half the team they can be ... should be an interesting second leg ...

O'Rourke3
08-05-2015, 10:26 AM
Doddie it was easier to score in the old days - the results were 9-3 and 10-2 every other week.

The defenders might've been big and dirty but they clearly weren't very good.

Brazil 1 Germany 7 :dunno: :wink:

I'm in the Pele camp simply because were he born the same time as Messi they'd both still have the same talent and Pele would be as fit as Lionel because he'd have to be.

Defenders were as good then, there were simply fewer of them(2-3-5) formations. The idea was to win games not defend and hope to get up the park and score. Alf Ramsey's England probably the first to introduce new tactics and be successful. The Italian Iron Curtain was good enough to progress but by and large didn't win tournaments regularly. They of course turned that round in Spain when they decided attack with players of their talent had a decent chance of success.

lyonhibs
08-05-2015, 10:42 AM

Aye, but he's never proven himself in the EPL. Could he do it on a wet Tuesday night in Stoke??

Applying the Sky Sports et al in-depth analysis of why Zlatan Ibrahamovic has never "done it on the big stage"

:rolleyes:

jacomo
08-05-2015, 10:55 AM
Pele said George Best was the greatest. I agree.

Pele seems to have forgotten he once said this though!

Danderhall Hibs
08-05-2015, 05:14 PM
Brazil 1 Germany 7 :dunno: :wink:

I'm in the Pele camp simply because were he born the same time as Messi they'd both still have the same talent and Pele would be as fit as Lionel because he'd have to be.

Defenders were as good then, there were simply fewer of them(2-3-5) formations. The idea was to win games not defend and hope to get up the park and score. Alf Ramsey's England probably the first to introduce new tactics and be successful. The Italian Iron Curtain was good enough to progress but by and large didn't win tournaments regularly. They of course turned that round in Spain when they decided attack with players of their talent had a decent chance of success.

Germany 7 Brazil 1 was such a shock because it was a one off though.

And with less defenders on the pitch it is/was clearly easier to score; that's why in the olden days the scores were all mental 6-3s and that.

Itsnoteasy
09-05-2015, 09:29 AM

Ya Jammy bugger. Did you get them in ballot. I took a tour round the stadium a couple of months ago. Very impressive. ENJOY

johnbc70
09-05-2015, 11:52 AM
Ya Jammy bugger. Did you get them in ballot. I took a tour round the stadium a couple of months ago. Very impressive. ENJOY

Yep, the public ballot. I apply every year. Looking forward to it!

Iggy Pope
09-05-2015, 01:45 PM

Not disagreeing with your assessment of Pele as he is undoubtedly the best player of all time in my opinion too.
But did he really get kicked out of two World Cups? I can only think of one. He got 3 winners medals I think.

Shrekko
09-05-2015, 03:31 PM
Nothing funnier than reading old codgers talking about players of the past and giving it all the 'he couldn't lace his boots' stuff. How often did they actually see these guys even on telly? Apart from that it's impossible to compare players of different era's seeing as football has changed beyond recognition over the years. I've watched a few games from the good old days on TV and it's basically played at walking pace.

I also think that this thing about players having to win World Cups on their own being the barometer is completely outdated. Players are usually shattered after playing 70 games prior to these showpiece events.

Messi is IMO head an shoulders above anyone in THIS ERA.

Iggy Pope
10-05-2015, 12:43 PM
Nothing funnier than reading old codgers talking about players of the past and giving it all the 'he couldn't lace his boots' stuff. How often did they actually see these guys even on telly? Apart from that it's impossible to compare players of different era's seeing as football has changed beyond recognition over the years. I've watched a few games from the good old days on TV and it's basically played at walking pace.

I also think that this thing about players having to win World Cups on their own being the barometer is completely outdated. Players are usually shattered after playing 70 games prior to these showpiece events.

Messi is IMO head an shoulders above anyone in THIS ERA.

See much of him, do you?

CockneyRebel
10-05-2015, 12:57 PM

Pity he was such a knob

Sylar
12-05-2015, 06:53 PM
Bayern 1-0 Barcelona - 7 minutes gone.

1-3 on aggregate.

HiBremian
12-05-2015, 06:55 PM
Bayern 1-0 Barcelona - 7 minutes gone.

1-3 on aggregate.

Early goal. Could Barca get Napolied? :wink:

Sir David Gray
12-05-2015, 07:00 PM
Bayern 1-1 Barcelona

Tie over.

HiBremian
Ok, forget it :greengrin

Sylar
Bayern 1-1 Barcelona - Neymar

1-4 and an away goal.

blackpoolhibs
12-05-2015, 07:01 PM
Great ball from Messi to Suarez.:top marks

Sylar
12-05-2015, 07:02 PM
Barcelona play some wonderful football but they don't half cheat a lot.

Jordi Alba should be ashamed of himself going down there.

Haymaker
12-05-2015, 07:03 PM
Guariola to citeh will be ramping up afterwards!

Sir David Gray
12-05-2015, 07:11 PM
Bayern Munich will now have to end Barcelona as a club if they're going to go through tonight.

Sir David Gray
12-05-2015, 07:14 PM
Bayern Munich 1-2 Barcelona, Neymar

Haymaker
12-05-2015, 07:15 PM
Bayern dead as a club on agg.

Bloody great finish.

johnbc70
12-05-2015, 07:30 PM
2 great saves from the Barca keeper. Getting to that second one was immense, made it by centimetres from crossing the line. Great call from the official on the goal line as well.

Pat 0-7
12-05-2015, 07:56 PM
Be interesting to know what the Bayern fans are singing to the tune of 'We're Not Gonna Take It' by Twisted Sister!!!!

Haymaker
12-05-2015, 08:02 PM
Be interesting to know what the Bayern fans are singing to the tune of 'We're Not Gonna Take It' by Twisted Sister!!!!

Just asked my Bayern supporting pal!

Haymaker
12-05-2015, 08:04 PM
Great finish. 2-2.

Haymaker
12-05-2015, 08:18 PM
Oooosh! 3-2 bayern. Muller

Stevie Reid
12-05-2015, 08:33 PM
Clive Tyldsley: "Barcelona had to watch Madrid win their tenth European Cup last year, they've only won it four times themselves. They are well on their way to winning the Spanish title, their first trophy in all of twenty months."

Must be ***** being a Barca fan.

johnbc70
12-05-2015, 08:41 PM
Funny seeing Gotze at the end there, must be disappointed in not getting to the final but then I bet he thinks to himself "I scored the winning goal in a World Cup Final" and what can be better than that.

Haymaker
12-05-2015, 08:46 PM
Too little too late from Bayern and the Super Coach. Reckon he will be gone this summer.

Sir David Gray
12-05-2015, 08:50 PM
Clive Tyldsley: "Barcelona had to watch Madrid win their tenth European Cup last year, they've only won it four times themselves. They are well on their way to winning the Spanish title, their first trophy in all of twenty months."

Must be ***** being a Barca fan.

:agree: I bet they're embarrassed to even talk about such a terrible record.

Haymaker
13-05-2015, 01:25 PM

It is "German football masters!"

When they were CL holders it was "Europe football masters!"

jdships
13-05-2015, 04:59 PM
T o be fair and taking nothing away from Bayern , Barca didn't exactly " burst a gut" in the second half
They knew once they had scored two last night the tie was over :rolleyes:

jacomo
14-05-2015, 02:47 PM
Funny seeing Gotze at the end there, must be disappointed in not getting to the final but then I bet he thinks to himself "I scored the winning goal in a World Cup Final" and what can be better than that.

Such a great player, I had thought he'd be pushing Robben hard for a starting place... but he didn't even start with both Robben and Ribery out.