PDA

View Full Version : Scott Allan

muzzando
06-05-2015, 02:39 PM
Scott Allan sounding like he'll still be with us for next season, in case anyone still doubted it. I'm still not overly optimistic that he'll sign an extension beyond the end of next season though

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spfl-lower-divisions/hibs-favourites-to-win-play-offs-says-scott-allan-1-3764128

muzzando
06-05-2015, 02:40 PM
“I think we have a point to prove in that we have played some of the best football in the league this year. And I think, if we were able to keep kicking on, we would go on and do well in the Premiership.”
“We have a really good set-up and fanbase, the stadium is good,” he continued.
“For us this season a lot of teams have come to Easter Road and parked the bus. But, in the Premiership, most of the teams will have a go and I think that will suit us."

jacomo
06-05-2015, 03:03 PM
The POTY award obviously helps in persuading Scott that he's at the right club to help him develop as a player. Promotion would help even more.

If he helps us achieve that then he could leave Hibs next summer with his head held high, though obviously we want to hang onto our better players as long as we can.

Smartie
06-05-2015, 03:20 PM
He's had a great season and hopefully he keeps his good form going into the playoffs. If we end up playing The Rangers I could see them trying to cripple him though…..

I don't think we should get too greedy when it come to Scott Allan. He came to get first team football, he got it and it has been a move that has worked out very well for both parties so far. If he gets an opportunity that he fancies this summer then we should get a fee for him and he would go with our best wishes.

I'd love to see him stay and would love to see him take a crack at the Premier League with us. I agree with him that more teams would be likely to come out and play us in the Premier League which would definitely suit us and I think it would be in his best interests to stay - he needs to be playing every week, ideally with a team built around him and he is getting that here.

After that I can only see him moving on, probably for nothing, a better and stronger player as a result. We shouldn't begrudge him that opportunity whatsoever. If we've managed to get another season out of him doing as well as he has this year then we'll have done very well indeed.

The Sundance Kid
06-05-2015, 03:46 PM
He'll be on Peter and Roughie's Football Show on STV Edinburgh tonight

patlowe
06-05-2015, 03:49 PM
To me it sounds like he is saying the right things but is understandably being very non-committal in terms of his future. We'll be doing well to hold on to him after this summer but if we get a fee it's not the end of the world - I just hope he ends up showing his talent in England and not at the other end of the M8.

alhibby
06-05-2015, 04:46 PM
He'll be on Peter and Roughie's Football Show on STV Edinburgh tonight

http://www.peterandroughie.com/watchliveplayer

bingo70
06-05-2015, 05:21 PM
Scott Allan playing well is an absolute joy to watch, considering some of the guff we've had recently it's refreshing to have some genuine class in midfield.

Despite that though it's worth remembering he's not been brilliant every week, imo he's still got a lot to learn, especially keeping concentration against the smaller teams. He's also guilty of trying too hard in the bigger games and when things aren't working out for him he can try and force the issue. I also think considering all his ability we should be seeing more goals from him.

I'm not saying the above to be negative, I just think he's still got a lot to learn and regardless of what league we're in he'd be well advised to stay with us and working for a manager that obviously gets him and a club that's spent time and resources to understand what it's like for him to play with type one diabetes, I'm not sure his previous clubs and managers have done that, especially the ones that branded him lazy.

greenlex
06-05-2015, 05:30 PM
Sky channel 168 now.

Keith_M
06-05-2015, 05:35 PM
Scott Allan sounding like he'll still be with us for next season, in case anyone still doubted it. I'm still not overly optimistic that he'll sign an extension beyond the end of next season though

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spfl-lower-divisions/hibs-favourites-to-win-play-offs-says-scott-allan-1-3764128

Sorry but I don't see anything in that article that says he's staying next season.

Not deliberately trying to be negative but he's said nothing about committing himself to Hibs.

Thecat23
06-05-2015, 05:35 PM
Sky channel 168 now.

Invalid channel??

greenlex
06-05-2015, 05:38 PM
Invalid channel??

Defo ok here Cat.

O'Rourke3
06-05-2015, 05:38 PM
Invalid channel??
There's an Invalid Channel now?

Thecat23
06-05-2015, 05:39 PM
Defo ok here Cat.

Aw man, don't say my Sky is on the blink [emoji30] Says channel unavailable for me.

Thecat23
06-05-2015, 05:40 PM
There's an Invalid Channel now?

I'm getting channel unavailable now!!

Corstorphine Hibby
06-05-2015, 05:41 PM
I'm getting channel unavailable now!!

Try 908

Thecat23
06-05-2015, 05:43 PM
Try 908

Haha nice try!!!! I fell for that before as well when someone on FB said you were getting box office movies all w'end free. [emoji1]

cammy1969
06-05-2015, 05:43 PM
117 on mine

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

greenlex
06-05-2015, 05:49 PM
There's an Invalid Channel now???

Smartie
06-05-2015, 05:51 PM
??

Aye, there is.

Seemingly James McPake has his own show on it.

Tim Clancy was meant to have his own show but he was never fit enough to make it along.

Boyle89
06-05-2015, 06:14 PM
Aye, there is.

Seemingly James McPake has his own show on it.

Tim Clancy was meant to have his own show but he was never fit enough to make it along.

Lolz

muzzando
06-05-2015, 06:39 PM
Sorry but I don't see anything in that article that says he's staying next season.

Not deliberately trying to be negative but he's said nothing about committing himself to Hibs.

He talks about next season if we get promoted how the teams will play against us and also if we don't go up that "we'll have to try and romp it", so he's clearly imagining himself still here next season