PDA

View Full Version : Q.O.S v The Rangers (1- 2)

IanM
06-05-2015, 07:12 AM
Surprised to see Queens as big as 3/1 on Saturday given that they've won both to nil this season at home (2-0 , 3-0). 6/1 ht/ft for us greedy folk

I'll be cheering on Queens cause I'll be having a bet but couldn't care who goes through overall as fear neither.

also quite surprised that it's a half 5 kick off as well mind but that's Saturday night TV sorted

Steve20
06-05-2015, 07:20 AM
Now it's the playoffs, can't see past Rangers getting through over two legs. QOS might shade the first leg, but even then I would say it's doubtful.

Onceinawhile
06-05-2015, 07:25 AM
3 wins and a draw for qots vs the Rangers this season, can't see why that would change. 2-0 Queens.

Waxy
06-05-2015, 07:57 AM
Not bothered who wins the first playoff but i'd rather it was Rangers. If we dont go up it'd be best if they did.

CallumLaidlaw
06-05-2015, 07:59 AM
3 wins and a draw for qots vs the Rangers this season, can't see why that would change. 2-0 Queens.

2 wins, a draw and a loss. The same record they have against us.

madhatter
06-05-2015, 08:16 AM
Not bothered who wins the first playoff but i'd rather it was Rangers. If we dont go up it'd be best if they did.

Can't fully understand this logic. Even if Rangers beat QoS and us they aren't up so conceivably we could all be staying down. I'm backing QoS because I have a huge dislike of Rangers. However, I really don't care who we play and apart from us going up, I'd prefer QoS to go up or for Motherwell to stay up rather than Rangers to go up. If they spend big to ensure they go up next season they'll have 50 million worth of debt in no time, then it'll be The The Rangers or The Rangers V2.

Leithenhibby
06-05-2015, 08:24 AM
I have no preference to who we play, right now, as a neutral I shall enjoy them (The Rangers) squirming around looking for every decision as they huff and puff :cb

Dashing Bob S
06-05-2015, 08:25 AM
From our point of view I'd rather play Rangers than QOS. I think Rangers are most beatable for Hibs over two legs -even with the unMcCoist factor and ref bias- and if we lost, at least we'd probably be out the same league as a club who -as ridiculous as it seems- might find a way to spend more money than us next season. If we were stuck in the League with QOS and Killie, I don't think QOS would be so strong next year and I doubt Killie would be up to much, so we'd romp it.

So Huns for me.

But obviously I want QOS to destroy them as I just can't wish them well.

Keith_M
06-05-2015, 08:32 AM
From our point of view I'd rather play Rangers than QOS. I think Rangers are most beatable for Hibs over two legs -even with the unMcCoist factor and ref bias- and if we lost, at least we'd probably be out the same league as a club who -as ridiculous as it seems- might find a way to spend more money than us next season. If we were stuck in the League with QOS and Killie, I don't think QOS would be so strong next year and I doubt Killie would be up to much, so we'd romp it.

So Huns for me.

But obviously I want QOS to destroy them as I just can't wish them well.

Motherwell are six points behind Kilmarnock with only three games to play. What makes you think they'll overtake them?

Billy Whizz
06-05-2015, 08:38 AM
Motherwell are six points behind Kilmarnock with only three games to play. What makes you think they'll overtake them?

Think it's going to be tough for Motherwell now. Even if they were to win all 3 games, Killie have a home game against St Mirren to play, plus a better goal difference. We really want this going down to the last day, as we don't want the 2nd bottom team unable to catch the 3rd bottom, and able to rest players before the play offs

JimBHibees
06-05-2015, 08:42 AM

They are and it will be difficult for them however they play each other on Friday so will know better after that.

DH1875
06-05-2015, 10:02 AM
They are and it will be difficult for them however they play each other on Friday so will know better after that.

Yip, if motherwell beat killie on friday its down to 3 points. Can defo see it going to he last day and hoping is killie that finish in the playoff spot.

DH1875
06-05-2015, 10:08 AM
Can't fully understand this logic. Even if Rangers beat QoS and us they aren't up so conceivably we could all be staying down. I'm backing QoS because I have a huge dislike of Rangers. However, I really don't care who we play and apart from us going up, I'd prefer QoS to go up or for Motherwell to stay up rather than Rangers to go up. If they spend big to ensure they go up next season they'll have 50 million worth of debt in no time, then it'll be The The Rangers or The Rangers V2.

And we will be stuck in this crappy league for what could be a 3rd year in a row. No thanks, if we don't go up this season we are well rid of rangers. Would make winning the championship next year a hell of a lot easier.

CropleyWasGod
06-05-2015, 10:15 AM
You mean Killie only need 1 win?

Hmmmm..... sounds familiar [emoji33]

andrew70
06-05-2015, 10:25 AM
You mean Killie only need 1 win?

Hmmmm..... sounds familiar [emoji33]

I was catching up with Sportscene last night and Manuel Pascali was on and he actually said something along the lines of 'we only need one win in the last three games, so we have three cup finals'.

I immediately thought - that's exactly what we tried and failed to do last year.

Relegating Gary Locke....:thumbsup:

CallumLaidlaw
06-05-2015, 10:36 AM
I was catching up with Sportscene last night and Manuel Pascali was on and he actually said something along the lines of 'we only need one win in the last three games, so we have three cup finals'.

I immediately thought - that's exactly what we tried and failed to do last year.

Relegating Gary Locke....:thumbsup:

Nah, we only needed 1 win from around 15 games :rolleyes: How depressing. Whoever finishes 11th will still be in much better form than we were last year, but Killie have certainly been in a lot worse form recently than Motherwell, and I do think Motherwell have better individual players too, so hopefully they can win on Friday

Big_Franck
06-05-2015, 10:46 AM
I took the 3/1 for QOS to win the home leg from Bet365 when they priced up the game. They were also offering 2-0 Queens at 20/1, too good to resist!

I just hope they are two brutal games that result in a couple of injuries and suspensions for whoever progresses.

JimBHibees
06-05-2015, 10:55 AM
Nah, we only needed 1 win from around 15 games :rolleyes: How depressing. Whoever finishes 11th will still be in much better form than we were last year, but Killie have certainly been in a lot worse form recently than Motherwell, and I do think Motherwell have better individual players too, so hopefully they can win on Friday

I think even a couple of draws would have seen us safe for example both games v St Mirren, in the first one we were incredilbly not given a double handball penalty by Collum in the second we should have parked the bus and taken a horrible draw yet lost a goal in 10 seconds or so. :greengrin

oneone73
06-05-2015, 11:22 AM
I think even a couple of draws would have seen us safe for example both games v St Mirren, in the first one we were incredilbly not given a double handball penalty by Collum in the second we should have parked the bus and taken a horrible draw yet lost a goal in 10 seconds or so. :greengrin

That early goal was such a relief - according to Butcher

madhatter
06-05-2015, 11:40 AM
And we will be stuck in this crappy league for what could be a 3rd year in a row. No thanks, if we don't go up this season we are well rid of rangers. Would make winning the championship next year a hell of a lot easier.

Better focusing on going up this season rather than thinking about getting shot of Rangers...

Remember if Rangers go up, we'll have: Motherwell, QoS and Falkirk to compete against. I don't necessarily consider that to be a "hell of a lot easier" considering our record against QoS and Falkirk this season.

JeMeSouviens
06-05-2015, 12:47 PM

Killie have lost 6 games in row and they play each other on Friday night.

JeMeSouviens
06-05-2015, 12:50 PM

If QotS finish with 11 men I'll be amazed. Early red card, dodgy pen if the New Huns need it, job's a good un.

If it weren't for the referees I'd love to get the New Huns in the play off but as it is I'd far rather play QotS on a level playing field. Fully expect us to be facing the 12 men of the New Rangers. :rolleyes:

KeithTheHibby
06-05-2015, 01:38 PM
Fromm betting perspective I'll be backing QOS who are overpriced at 3/1.

They finished 7 points behind the Huns and have a better head to head record than them.

I reckon a more accurate price for them would be around 6/4.

Huns are unbackable at even money.

DH1875
06-05-2015, 02:03 PM
Better focusing on going up this season rather than thinking about getting shot of Rangers...

Remember if Rangers go up, we'll have: Motherwell, QoS and Falkirk to compete against. I don't necessarily consider that to be a "hell of a lot easier" considering our record against QoS and Falkirk this season.

If and in my opinion its a very big IF Rangers go up then I would fully expect us to win the league next year no matter if it were Motherwell or Killie that came down.
If us and rangers are in this league next season, only one of us could win. That means there would be a very good chance that team finishing 2nd could well be looking at a 3rd year in this league. Neither team could afford that to happen and fully expect rangers to throw the cash at it to make sure that won't happen. Like it or not there's no way they'll be as bad next season as they are this season if their in this league.
That said, I really fancy our chances now so it won't matter what rangers do next season cause we'll be in the premmier :)

pennyhibee
06-05-2015, 02:12 PM
If QotS finish with 11 men I'll be amazed. Early red card, dodgy pen if the New Huns need it, job's a good un.

If it weren't for the referees I'd love to get the New Huns in the play off but as it is I'd far rather play QotS on a level playing field. Fully expect us to be facing the 12 men of the New Rangers. :rolleyes:

Might just benefit us if there are a few w ell publicised bad calls in that game so the refs will know they are being well scrutinised in our games

JimBHibees
06-05-2015, 03:25 PM
That early goal was such a relief - according to Butcher

Massive relief right enough. What a statement. :greengrin

SanFranHibs
06-05-2015, 04:36 PM
Surprised to see Queens as big as 3/1 on Saturday given that they've won both to nil this season at home (2-0 , 3-0). 6/1 ht/ft for us greedy folk

I'll be cheering on Queens cause I'll be having a bet but couldn't care who goes through overall as fear neither.

also quite surprised that it's a half 5 kick off as well mind but that's Saturday night TV sorted

I might have a little piece of that action.

Ronster117
06-05-2015, 10:16 PM
Massive relief right enough. What a statement. :greengrin
That man is a total welt of the highest calibre:greengrin

Hibernia&Alba
06-05-2015, 10:19 PM
I would love it if Queens beat them. Love it!!

Hibeesmad
06-05-2015, 10:33 PM
I think Rangers will win unfortunately

IWASTHERE1902
07-05-2015, 06:55 AM
I know what you mean. If it's not us that goes up then sadly I want it to be rangers so we are not up against them next season. But then I want qos to put them out! It's a nightmare! I'm getting more confident as each day goes buy, just dont think qos and rangers are consistent enough to win 3 rounds. It well all depend on our game against qos or Rangers. Winner of that will go up. Motherwell are very very poor and like us last season are hopefully on a downer if they kept losing.

Lucius Apuleius
07-05-2015, 07:23 AM
We went 27 games with one loss. None of the other three have done so. We can go 4 games.

Borderhibbie76
07-05-2015, 07:41 AM
We went 27 games with one loss. None of the other three have done so. We can go 4 games.

Im also rooting for Well to beat Killie on Fri night as if Killie lose that will be 7 straight defeats. ..very reminiscent of us this time last year. Would rather it was Killie waiting in play off final...and would love to relegate Locke!!

Bad Martini
07-05-2015, 11:22 AM
Maybe I'm missing something here but why would it be better if we dont go up, that rangers do so we dont get them next season? :confused:

Putting aside their vile, sectarian, manky, hunnishness and the fact I'd vote for a team of 11 Satan's over them (much the same actually :wink:), why would not having them here next season be a good thing?

Look at our results against them this season...look at their awful performances.

What will change either?

What will improve them? A huge influx of cash? Behave. They'll be lucky to be in existence this time next year.

Either way, I hope they get horsed. Then we need to horse Queens. Then whoever we get. Then voila.

Simples??

ENDOF :thumbsup:

ian cruise
07-05-2015, 12:12 PM
Maybe I'm missing something here but why would it be better if we dont go up, that rangers do so we dont get them next season? :confused:

Putting aside their vile, sectarian, manky, hunnishness and the fact I'd vote for a team of 11 Satan's over them (much the same actually :wink:), why would not having them here next season be a good thing?

Look at our results against them this season...look at their awful performances.

What will change either?

What will improve them? A huge influx of cash? Behave. They'll be lucky to be in existence this time next year.

Either way, I hope they get horsed. Then we need to horse Queens. Then whoever we get. Then voila.

Simples??

ENDOF :thumbsup:

Rangers under mccall next season are an unknown quantity. He'll have a new team, they could be unbeatable, they could be abysmal. Let's just get up this year so it's not an issue.

hibs0666
07-05-2015, 01:39 PM
Brilliant pricing...

Hope we get charged a fiver too (http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-charge-fans-just-fiver-5652084?)

SteveHFC
07-05-2015, 01:53 PM
I think Rangers will win unfortunately

With the ref's help.

silverhibee
07-05-2015, 02:12 PM

It changed for Hibs against Falkirk, no wins all season against them until we beat them 3-0 in our last game against them.

silverhibee
07-05-2015, 02:17 PM
With the ref's help.

C'mon the ref. :greengrin

Jim44
07-05-2015, 05:39 PM
I heard Andy Dowie who has had a contract extension at QOS, on the radio and was a bit surprised and disappointed to hear him say that they were delighted to make the top four and that that would be their target again next season. When reminded by the interviewer that they could be in the Premiership next season, he just said ' Stranger things have happened'. Hope he
was pretending to play down QOS's chances.

seanshow
09-05-2015, 07:50 AM
I heard Andy Dowie who has had a contract extension at QOS, on the radio and was a bit surprised and disappointed to hear him say that they were delighted to make the top four and that that would be their target again next season. When reminded by the interviewer that they could be in the Premiership next season, he just said ' Stranger things have happened'. Hope he
was pretending to play down QOS's chances..

nah he had already been told by the spfl that Q.O.S are leaving the play-offs in the first round. :devil: :greengrin

#FromTheCapital
09-05-2015, 09:31 AM
I hope the rangers win. We've proven that they're no match for us on 3 occasions this season. Plus if we are to get knocked out then I'd rather it was from them than QoS. Don't fancy being stuck down here for another season with they muppets.

Ronster117
09-05-2015, 10:17 AM
I'm thinking The rangers last two must win games, they bottled big time, I don't think they have the mental strength to get past Qos

Aldo
09-05-2015, 10:52 AM
It'll be good to see how the officials perform this evening!

Keith_M
09-05-2015, 10:58 AM
Somebody told me that McCoist has a statistically better record at Rangers this season (avg points per game) than McCall.

Sounded fishy to me at the time but now I'm beginning to wonder if it's actually true.

Any Stattos out there done their sums on this already and know if it's correct?

Ozyhibby
09-05-2015, 11:23 AM
Somebody told me that McCoist has a statistically better record at Rangers this season (avg points per game) than McCall.

Sounded fishy to me at the time but now I'm beginning to wonder if it's actually true.

Any Stattos out there done their sums on this already and know if it's correct?

McCoist / McDowall 25 games average 1.88 pts per game

McCall 11 games average 1.72 pts per game

Pray4Marc
09-05-2015, 11:33 AM
QOS will lose the play off against them, not down to lack of footballing ability. But incompetence and 'honest' mistakes from the officials.

Onion
09-05-2015, 11:41 AM
QOS will lose the play off against them, not down to lack of footballing ability. But incompetence and 'honest' mistakes from the officials.

This will be one of the most fascinating parts of the POs... Crime Watch !! Just to see how devious and corrupt a system can be to achieve it's own goals. We should start listing them :greengrin

cabbageandribs1875
09-05-2015, 12:51 PM
hope Alloa come through the play offs as well...just in case we don't go up

rather a visit to alloa than Brechin/Stranraer/Forfar

2nd legs today

Alloa v Brechin (2-0)

Stranraer v Forfar (0-3)

HibbyAndy
09-05-2015, 12:59 PM
hope Alloa come through the play offs as well...just in case we don't go up

rather a visit to alloa than Brechin/Stranraer/Forfar

2nd legs today

Alloa v Brechin (2-0)

Stranraer v Forfar (0-3)

Rather play on a plastic pitch ?

HUTCHYHIBBY
09-05-2015, 01:01 PM
Brechin/Stranraer/Forfar

All good days out.

NORTHERNHIBBY
09-05-2015, 01:10 PM

Forfar v Alloa would be the likely play off final and both sides have plastic pitches.

cabbageandribs1875
09-05-2015, 01:29 PM
All good days out.

i prefer Hampden for my days out :) and less travelling as well

plastic didn't affect us the last two league and cup games at recreation park(although it did affect Farid the 1st time)....and besides, it's plastic pitch is closer to bathgate than forfars plastic pitch :) no doubt the authorities would see fit to send us up to forfar on a wednesday night, but hopefully we won't even be in the championship next season

Iggy Pope
09-05-2015, 01:38 PM

If we get Killie in the playoffs we'll play on a plastic pitch.
If we get the Huns first we'll play a plastic club.

HibbyAndy
09-05-2015, 01:40 PM

Teams in the SPL should NEVER be allowed to have crappy plastic pitches! Disgrace.

Billy Whizz
09-05-2015, 01:40 PM

We've won every game we've played, on a plastic pitch in 2015

high bee
09-05-2015, 03:51 PM
Ross County 1-2 St Mirren. 2 games left and Motherwell on 35 pts, Killie and Ross County on 38, both with better GD. Will be a very interesting last couple of weeks.

Pete
09-05-2015, 04:01 PM
Got this feeling that Sevco will win today. :-(

Billy Whizz
09-05-2015, 04:15 PM
Any team news

Ronster117
09-05-2015, 04:16 PM
Got this feeling that Sevco will win today. :-(
Hope your feeling is totally wrong.... Mon the Queens

CallumLaidlaw
09-05-2015, 04:17 PM
Any team news

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/05/09/268d67ab4ecbe97c08d5065f5cc3c05a.jpg

Pretty Boy
09-05-2015, 04:19 PM
McCulloch not even in the squad for Rangers? Injured, suspended or dropped?

CallumLaidlaw
09-05-2015, 04:20 PM
McCulloch not even in the squad for Rangers? Injured, suspended or dropped?

Injured apparently

Billy Whizz
09-05-2015, 04:24 PM
Injured apparently

Confirmed on BT sports

CallumLaidlaw
09-05-2015, 04:25 PM
Confirmed on BT sports

Had to laugh when McCall was asked if it was a blow losing Mcculloch and Moshni to injury. I thought he was going to do a little dance of joy!

Pretty Boy
09-05-2015, 04:25 PM
Pundits speculating Rangers look like they may be setting up to 'keep the tie alive'.

How the mighty have fallen. Love it.

Billy Whizz
09-05-2015, 04:26 PM
Had to laugh when McCall was asked if it was a blow losing Mcculloch and Moshni to injury. I thought he was going to do a little dance of joy!

Me too

iwasthere1972
09-05-2015, 04:29 PM
I don't know if I want to see QoTS absolutely horse The Rangers making the return leg immaterial.

Gie the baw tae Reilly.

Kris Boyd on the bench again. Not doing his chance of getting a call up in the Scotland squad much good.

stoneyburn hibs
09-05-2015, 04:31 PM
C'mon Queens

Big_Franck
That's a minging rangers team. Love it!

Pretty Boy
I quite fancy playing Queens just because Palmerston is the one ground I haven't been to this season. Looks a cracking wee football ground.

Pretty Boy
09-05-2015, 04:32 PM
Good start QOTS, forces Bell into a decent stop

CallumLaidlaw
09-05-2015, 04:32 PM
I quite fancy playing Queens just because Palmerston is the one ground I haven't been to this season. Looks a cracking wee football ground.

Same here and I've already taken the half day just in case [emoji3]

Ronster117
09-05-2015, 04:33 PM
lyle looking up for it.........:aok:

Pretty Boy
09-05-2015, 04:33 PM
Same here and I've already taken the half day just in case [emoji3]

Same.

Great minds or fools seldom. One of the 2.

DH1875
09-05-2015, 04:34 PM

How many tickets would we get?

Keith_M
09-05-2015, 04:35 PM
Anybody know of an online stream for today's game?

Pretty Boy
09-05-2015, 04:36 PM

Honestly not sure. Think it's a terrace behind the goal and half a stand so maybe 3000ish.

CallumLaidlaw
09-05-2015, 04:36 PM

Almost 3000 I think

Pretty Boy
09-05-2015, 04:39 PM
QOTS knocking it about very well so far. No sign of nerves at all.

Ronster117
09-05-2015, 04:49 PM
Queen o the south are matching The The rangers all over the park

jane_says
09-05-2015, 04:56 PM
I know it's a fair bit off yet, but does anyone know the deal with away goals throughout the playoffs?

iwasthere1972
09-05-2015, 04:56 PM
The Hibees are going to Sunny Spain for a wee bit training. :aok:

emerald green
09-05-2015, 04:57 PM
Who is the referee?

iwasthere1972
I know it's a fair bit off yet, but does anyone know the deal with away goals throughout the playoffs?

Don't think they count. Be penalties.

Pretty Boy
Games gone really scrappy last 10 minutes or so.

HibbyAndy

They dinnae count

ManBearPig
09-05-2015, 04:58 PM
That didn't look like free kick

iwasthere1972
09-05-2015, 04:58 PM
Who is the referee?

Alan Muir.

ManBearPig
09-05-2015, 04:59 PM
This plastic pitch looks very fast wish Boyle was fit

ManBearPig
09-05-2015, 05:01 PM
That was a FK though :-D

emerald green
09-05-2015, 05:01 PM
Alan Muir.

Cheers. :aok:

iwasthere1972
09-05-2015, 05:03 PM
Cheers. :aok:

See post #61 on this thread. :aok:

Nando™
09-05-2015, 05:03 PM
I cannae f***ing stand Huns.

iwasthere1972
09-05-2015, 05:04 PM
Up to now it's no that very good a game.

ManBearPig
09-05-2015, 05:04 PM

Doesn't everyone?

iwasthere1972
09-05-2015, 05:07 PM
"We'd just like to apologise for the bad language that our mics just picked up and the sectarian pash being sung by the new team supporters' :greengrin

Baldy Foghorn
09-05-2015, 05:10 PM

Snap, the usual party songs given an airing Tonight..:rolleyes:

cabbageandribs1875
09-05-2015, 05:14 PM
1-0 buns rather

the cry was no surrender...wtf has that got to do with a fitbaw game ya bunch of vile clowns

Pretty Boy
1-0 Huns.

Some goal tbf.

semaj64
b"%g%r

ManBearPig
What a FK I remember when we had a player that could take them

grunt
09-05-2015, 05:15 PM
1-0 Q.o.s ha

1-0 Huns.

Some goal tbf.Which is it?

bingo70
Snap, the usual party songs given an airing Tonight..:rolleyes:

I'm sure the powers that be will take swift and appropriate action to ensure they are disciplined accordingly.

......either that or they'll just ignore it and it'll continue yo happen forever more.

Ronster117
:grr:

ManBearPig
Shute game so far it's all it took

iwasthere1972
09-05-2015, 05:16 PM
1-0 buns rather

I can't get used to The Rangers not playing in light blue either. :wink:

Pretty Boy
Which is it?

Definitely 1-0 Rangers.

ManBearPig
Silly boy

cabbageandribs1875
09-05-2015, 05:17 PM
Which is it?

sorry just sat down with a cup of tea to watch the game, no idea who was shooting which way :greengrin

cabbageandribs1875
09-05-2015, 05:18 PM
I can't get used to The Rangers not playing in light blue either. :wink:

as i've just said above...i thought q.o.s. were playing in white :embarrass

Thecat23
I'd much rather play the Huns than QOS. I feel the way we play suits us more against them than Queens.

Callum_62
Queens not happy with the award of the FK - did look like a foul by Vukic just before he is fouled (actually possibly 2 fouls by Vukic now I see it again)

Great strike stil tho

iwasthere1972
09-05-2015, 05:19 PM
sorry just sat down with a cup of tea to watch the game, no idea who was shooting which way :greengrin

Well turn your telly off. You're a jinx. :greengrin

CallumLaidlaw
Well it was a free kick, shame queens should've got one first

Sylar
How the ref didn't give the free kick to Queens right before The Rangers got theirs is a total mystery to me...

Actually, no it isn't.

Baader
1-0 Huns. Free kick from Smith.

Looked like a foul the other way, Queens player retaliates - free kick to the bigots.

Aldo
09-05-2015, 05:20 PM
1-0 Huns. Some goal tbf. aye it was but it was a foul by Vukic on the QOTS CH.

Vukic knew exactly what he was doing!

Poor show from the ref

hibs0666
09-05-2015, 05:23 PM
Not seen anything to worry us so far.

cabbageandribs1875
09-05-2015, 05:25 PM
neilsons mouth is opening...but i can't see craig LeVain operating the strings

Pretty Boy
09-05-2015, 05:25 PM
Nielson not leaving the bottom button on his waistcoat undone. Pretty basic mens tailoring etiquette failure.

Hearts class

emerald green
09-05-2015, 05:26 PM
Queens not happy with the award of the FK - did look like a foul by Vukic just before he is fouled (actually possibly 2 fouls by Vukic now I see it again)

Great strike stil tho

Some posters had even suggested that everything possible would be done to ensure a quick return to the top flight for the new club. They are all paranoid. :cb

ManBearPig
09-05-2015, 05:27 PM
I actually agree with Nielson crap game one piece of quality so far

pedroorange1875
09-05-2015, 05:28 PM
Some posters had even suggested that everything possible would be done to ensure a quick return to the top flight for the new club. They are all paranoid. :cb

Dont be ridiculous thats never a foul in Glasgow, everyone knows that

Pretty Boy
09-05-2015, 05:28 PM

Tbh if the refs going to cheat I'm sure there's better ways of doing it than giving Rangers a free kick 30 yards from goal on the back of turning down a Queens free kick in the same incident.

Pish decision and nothing more. There will be a controversial moment or 3 involving Rangers in these play off but that wasn't it.

pedroorange1875
09-05-2015, 05:29 PM
Dont be ridiculous thats never a foul in Glasgow, everyone knows that

no they dont

Ronster117
09-05-2015, 05:30 PM
neilsons mouth is opening...but i can't see craig LeVain operating the strings
Its all done wireless nowadays.... levein can sit anywhere and do it through maroon tooth

Ronniekirk
09-05-2015, 05:31 PM
Poor game but great free kick First time they have scored at Palmerston and just before half time .
queens need better ball in the last third to put that defence under pressure . Will be iinteresting second half now as queens need to get back into this

Ronster117
09-05-2015, 05:44 PM
game is dire to watch.... der hun going to win this comfortably ... queens offering zilch in the last third

Golden Bear
09-05-2015, 05:45 PM
Queens are very poor tonight. No fluidity, no cutting edge, no real chances.

Pretty Boy
09-05-2015, 05:48 PM
Queens are very poor tonight. No fluidity, no cutting edge, no real chances.

It must be tough for them. Rangers absolutely packing the defence, they had 9 outfield players behind the ball in that spell of play just past

Hiber-nation
09-05-2015, 05:49 PM
Don't think they have watered the pitch enough. Seems poor compared to Falkirk last week. I hate these artificial surfaces.….

jodjam
09-05-2015, 05:50 PM
Is the QotS keeper Mr Tumnas?

Pretty Boy
Dean Shiels just oozes hunnishness now.

Torn faced disaster.

emerald green
Tbh if the refs going to cheat I'm sure there's better ways of doing it than giving Rangers a free kick 30 yards from goal on the back of turning down a Queens free kick in the same incident.

Pish decision and nothing more. There will be a controversial moment or 3 involving Rangers in these play off but that wasn't it.

What are these better ways of doing it? The point I'm making is that it is strange that so many decisions like this, which appears to have been wrong, goes in favour of the Ibrox club, yet again.

Willie Collum for example recently at ER. Pish decision I agree, but the list of pish decisions in that club's favour seems endless.

I freely admit I am totally biased against the Ibrox club, but with very good reason. I don't like them, and what they have represented for decades.

cabbageandribs1875
get in 1-1

blue team scored

SteveHFC
09-05-2015, 05:51 PM
:thumbsup:

Baader
1-1!

Pretty Boy
1-1.

Keeper all over the shop at the cross ball.

stokesmessiah
Yasssss 1-1

CraigHibee
nice goal from qos, well done :greengrin

Callum_62
Ref just gave a FK for a blatant dive by Shiels

The refs back was to the incident

1-1

GET IN

Northernhibee
1-1!!!!!!

Ronster117
Ya dancer:lolrangers:

emerald green
get in 1-1

Cmon Queens, go on and hammer them.

Sylar
Just as well as the referee was never going to give them a penalty!

Well done Queens!

CraigHibee
09-05-2015, 05:52 PM
Ref just gave a FK for a blatant dive by Shiels

The refs back was to the incident

1-1

GET IN

shiels is a horrible little scrote, its the only thing he is good at now is diving

mutley
Get in QoS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PatHead
Yes

Pretty Boy
09-05-2015, 05:53 PM
What are these better ways of doing it? The point I'm making is that it is strange that so many decisions like this, which appears to have been wrong, goes in favour of the Ibrox club, yet again.

Willie Collum for example recently at ER. Pish decision I agree, but the list of pish decisions in that club's favour seems endless.

I freely admit I am totally biased against the Ibrox club, but with very good reason. I don't like them, and what they have represented for decades.

Giving a penalty? Sending a player off? Turning down a stonewaller?

Turning down a free kick for QOTS in their own half on the off chance a Rangers player might get fouled a few seconds later then another will curl a free kick into the top corner from 30 yards seems a pretty inefficient way of cheating imo.

HibbyAndy
09-05-2015, 05:53 PM
shiels is a horrible little scrote, its the only thing he is good at now is diving

He is a diving little **** now!!! Every time i see him he throws himself to the ground, Horrible vile little hun scrote!!!

CallumLaidlaw
09-05-2015, 05:54 PM
I would be happy with a draw or a 1 goal queens win. I want the 2nd leg to go to extra time. Plus I have QoS double chance at evens. 👍

Pretty Boy
09-05-2015, 05:55 PM
Great save by Bell. Hope they put the cotner right on top of him again.

They don't.

ozzie
09-05-2015, 05:56 PM
Who's singing allez allez allez oh?

Pretty Boy
09-05-2015, 05:57 PM
That was a poor, poor tackle.

HibeeEmma
Who's singing allez allez allez oh?

Well done QOS 1-1

CraigHibee
qos playing well now and they have the huns rattled :greengrin

Callum_62
thats a borderline sending off there

Rangers suddenly look vulnerable

Sylar
09-05-2015, 05:58 PM
Both feet off the ground and out of control...why is Foster still on the park?

J-C
09-05-2015, 05:58 PM
So can anyone explain why Foster wasn't sent off there, shocking challenge :confused:

Pretty Boy
09-05-2015, 05:59 PM
So can anyone explain why Foster wasn't sent off there, shocking challenge :confused:

Poor decision.

That was a bad challenge with clear intent. Anyone other than a Rangers player or Scott Brown would be running the risk of a red card there.

J-C
09-05-2015, 05:59 PM
The most injury prone keeper in the world is injured again.

emerald green
09-05-2015, 06:00 PM

Turning down a free kick for QOTS in their own half on the off chance a Rangers player might get fouled a few seconds later then another will curl a free kick into the top corner from 30 yards seems a pretty inefficient way of cheating imo.

I agree, but ALL decisions made during a match can have an effect on the outcome. Of course the referee didn't know it would lead to a goal, but it did though! The point is another decision went in their favour which shouldn't have.

I never actually used the expression "cheating" BTW. I do however believe there is, and has been in the past, a certain bias shall we say towards this particular club by officials in this country.

Callum_62
cammy bell down getting treatment - looks like hes done his ankle....

hibeesboii
Time wasting from rangers keeper👀

semaj64
Now that's why it was better to finish 2nd and not pick up injuries

Pretty Boy
09-05-2015, 06:01 PM
**** off Sheils.

Pete
Think I might actually want the huns to win now.

They are dreadful.

Baader
2-1 Huns. Shiels

cabbageandribs1875
**** ****s

J-C
09-05-2015, 06:02 PM
FFS Shiels :confused:

Pretty Boy
Set up by a player who shouldn't even be on the park

CraigHibee
barsteward

quite surprising he scored tbh, he is usually rolling about the ground!

Callum_62
1-2

shiels

set up by forster....

pedroorange1875

True but it underlines the mindset and mentality that the game will be reffed in, which will also manifest into your first point, and allow rangers to dictate the play with less fear of reprisal

Callum_62
09-05-2015, 06:03 PM
dunno what the BT guys were spraffing about QOTS blocking at corners

the one they scored from was a blatant penalty!

Baader
09-05-2015, 06:04 PM
Awaiting the obligatory Hun penalty now so they can rest some players second leg...

Pretty Boy
09-05-2015, 06:05 PM
Stubbs must be enjoying watching this.

If he sets us up right there's no reason we shouldn't be beating either of these teams.

bingo70
09-05-2015, 06:06 PM
Christ there's some paranoia about corrupt refs on this thread!

All a bit over the top imo.

Sylar
09-05-2015, 06:08 PM
Are the The Rangers fans singing "The Bears are having a party, the Hibs are down in Leith" or am I hearing things?

Ronster117
Queens over passing the ball..... more direct would put them under more preasure

HUTCHYHIBBY
Queens arnae shy about making late challenges, quite a few of them have left a boot in or bundled Huns over as/after they clear the ball.

Pretty Boy
09-05-2015, 06:09 PM
Are the The Rangers fans singing "The Bears are having a party, the Hibs are down in Leith" or am I hearing things?

If they are it's a vast 'improvement' on the previous version.

pedroorange1875
09-05-2015, 06:09 PM
small push in the back Rangers foul...hmmm paranoid

Sylar
09-05-2015, 06:10 PM
If they are it's a vast 'improvement' on the previous version.

I confess, I'm watching it via a less-than-legitimate source, so the sound isn't wonderful but that's what my ears created!

J-C
Stubbs must be enjoying watching this.

If he sets us up right there's no reason we shouldn't be beating either of these teams.

Looks to me Rangers will go through and TBH if we try to pass through them it'll be a big mistake, they are well organised now and get plenty behind the ball and are harder to breakdown. What I am seeing is they have no pace at all in the team, hit them with loads of pace and guille and we'll beat them no probs.

SanFranHibs
Damn! i done a 15/1 double, Sunderland and QOS.

SouthMoroccoStu

Yes, cause we finished above you! They are a massive bunch of specials

Mikey09
09-05-2015, 06:11 PM
Can't believe anyone is bothered about The Rangers winning this tie... They are honking. Would take us to beat them over 2 legs easily.

bingo70
09-05-2015, 06:14 PM
Looks to me Rangers will go through and TBH if we try to pass through them it'll be a big mistake, they are well organised now and get plenty behind the ball and are harder to breakdown. What I am seeing is they have no pace at all in the team, hit them with loads of pace and guille and we'll beat them no probs.

Agree, after the last game this would be a difficult one for Stubbs tactically. I'm not sure what the best formation would be but I could see us varying from our two normal formations this season, possibly to 4321.

bingo70
09-05-2015, 06:16 PM
Can't believe anyone is bothered about The Rangers winning this tie... They are honking. Would take us to beat them over 2 legs easily.

They beat us two nil the last time we played them and going to a full ibrox wouldn't be an easy game.

Obviously we pumped them a few times before that but they've got a better manager now who seems to get results in the bigger games.

Playing the rangers in the play off wouldn't be easy, not by a long shot imo.

Ronster117
09-05-2015, 06:18 PM
Ive seen nowt tonight that will worry stubbsy

hibbymark
09-05-2015, 06:19 PM
Gavin Reilly that every man and their dug is linked with, is it just me who doesn't see what all the hype is about? Never kicked a ball again

emerald green
09-05-2015, 06:20 PM
They beat us two nil the last time we played them and going to a full ibrox wouldn't be an easy game.

Obviously we pumped them a few times before that but they've got a better manager now who seems to get results in the bigger games.

The bit in bold - I agree, especially when you are playing 12, possibly 14, men. :cb

Centre Hawf
09-05-2015, 06:21 PM
Agree, after the last game this would be a difficult one for Stubbs tactically. I'm not sure what the best formation would be but I could see us varying from our two normal formations this season, possibly to 4321.

If Watsons fit we need to play 3-5-2 with him in for Forster if he's injured. Get Gray and Stevenson bombing down the flanks and putting crosses in. We don't have the players to play with actual wingers so I can't see any other formation.

bingo70
09-05-2015, 06:24 PM
If Watsons fit we need to play 3-5-2 with him in for Forster if he's injured. Get Gray and Stevenson bombing down the flanks and putting crosses in. We don't have the players to play with actual wingers so I can't see any other formation.

We were pretty fortunate to win at ibrox when playing that formation.

I noticed at a game recently we moved to 4231 for a short spell and it was working well then Stubbs changed back to our normal formation. I might be looking too much into that but I did wonder at the time if he did that with a view to the play offs.

stoneyburn hibs
09-05-2015, 06:25 PM
If it's the Rangers that we play, then it shouldn't be a problem if we go 352 and boss them in midfield. Even if they go 352 whoever they play won't match up to us.

greenlex
09-05-2015, 06:27 PM
Guile fair enough but do t know where the pace is coming from.

Mikey09
09-05-2015, 06:28 PM
Rangers keeper kicks the ball out to waste time as foster is down injured.... Queens, quite rightly don't give them the ball back and McCall is clearly seen mouthing "Cheating ****s." Very professional Stu!! :aok:

Ronster117
09-05-2015, 06:28 PM
McCall is a greetin swelled faced little turd.. greetin to the ref about the amount of injury time being played when Rankers had already scored

Ronniekirk
09-05-2015, 06:47 PM

Think they will win comfortably now act Ibrox and go into our game with momentum Agree anyone who thinks they will be easy games is not being realistic .We haven't played at a full Ibrox so far and with boyles pace not available to us and Possibly Foster out we can't afford more injuries in the first leg and Farid s fitness and recurring injury is an unknown .if we could have him play like he did against Hearts that would be a bonus
McCall has done what he was brought in to do Get them fitter , better organised and gives them tactical experience He has changed peronel as well where as we don't have many options .
I think how they lay in second leg in front of a full house will give us an indication if this gives them a lift or if queens scored first would the crowd start getting on players backs

Past results count for nothing at this stage

tamig
09-05-2015, 07:02 PM
Think they will win comfortably now act Ibrox and go into our game with momentum Agree anyone who thinks they will be easy games is not being realistic .We haven't played at a full Ibrox so far and with boyles pace not available to us and Possibly Foster out we can't afford more injuries in the first leg and Farid s fitness and recurring injury is an unknown .if we could have him play like he did against Hearts that would be a bonus
McCall has done what he was brought in to do Get them fitter , better organised and gives them tactical experience He has changed peronel as well where as we don't have many options .
I think how they lay in second leg in front of a full house will give us an indication if this gives them a lift or if queens scored first would the crowd start getting on players backs

Past results count for nothing at this stage

I don't really see the big deal about playing in front of a full Ibrox to be honest. It will be tough - if they get through. But I trust Stubbs not to make the same mistakes in setting us up as he did in the last game against the hun.

bingo70
09-05-2015, 07:05 PM
I don't really see the big deal about playing in front of a full Ibrox to be honest. It will be tough - if they get through. But I trust Stubbs not to make the same mistakes in setting us up in the last game against the hun.

At least you recognise it'll be tough.

There's some on this board that seem to think it'll be a walkover.

Player for player we're probably better than them but it'll be a tough game and a good achievement if we can get through.

J-C
09-05-2015, 07:07 PM
Guile fair enough but do t know where the pace is coming from.

Boyle, Cummings and even Malonga, when I say pace I obviously mean the way we play the game, it has to be at a high tempo with quick direct controlled passing.

Smartie
09-05-2015, 07:12 PM

Who do you suggest we sign between now and then to get that pace into the team?

Our lack of pace is our biggest weakness right now imo and the loss of Boyle is a disaster for that reason.

Fwiw I actually agree 100% with your observation - I just don't think we have the personnel to exploit this.

CallumLaidlaw
09-05-2015, 07:13 PM
Boyle, Cummings and even Malonga, when I say pace I obviously mean the way we play the game, it has to be at a high tempo with quick direct controlled passing.

Boyle is out for the season unfortunately.

The first goal against rangers is vital, as it will open them up.

Smartie
09-05-2015, 07:15 PM
I don't really see the big deal about playing in front of a full Ibrox to be honest. It will be tough - if they get through. But I trust Stubbs not to make the same mistakes in setting us up in the last game against the hun.

The Ibrox crowd has been as much of a hindrance as it has been a help in recent years. At bit like Easter Road really.

J-C
09-05-2015, 07:17 PM
Boyle is out for the season unfortunately.

The first goal against rangers is vital, as it will open them up.

There was rumour it may have been overstated and he might be ok, even still we have to play at a high tempo, this is essential against Rangers, they still don't look too fit to me and the back 3-4 are farly slow.

bingo70
09-05-2015, 07:18 PM
Who do you suggest we sign between now and then to get that pace into the team?

Our lack of pace is our biggest weakness right now imo and the loss of Boyle is a disaster for that reason.

Fwiw I actually agree with your observation - I just don't think we have the personnel to exploit this.

--------Robertson----Craig/fyvie

Djedje/Mcgeoch----allan-------Cummings

----------------Malonga----------

It would need to be a pretty fluid front 4 as you obviously wouldn't want Cummings stuck on the left wing. Obviously none of the above are Ivan sproule quick but all of them are capable of carrying the ball quickly on the counter attack.

Borderhibbie76
09-05-2015, 07:23 PM
Ffs its Rangers not Brazil...the way some are going on here..They weren't even that impressive tonight. If we play to our capabilities I fancy us strongly. ..some on here are making out The Rangers as some kind of world beaters...jeezo

Golden Bear
09-05-2015, 07:41 PM
On the evidence of tonight's game, Boyle will be a huge miss for us as he's just the type of player to really get at the rangers. However I still think that man for man, we're the better team.

Onion
09-05-2015, 07:44 PM
Beating the Huns will be a tough ask but doable. Risk is it takes a hell of a lot out of us doing it, leaving us weaker for the important last game. The Huns will not go down without taking a few with them !!!

Steve20
09-05-2015, 07:46 PM

Stubbs will need to be better prepared than the last time he came up against McCall. Rangers will be favourites to beat us so hopefully we have something up our sleeve.

Ronniekirk
09-05-2015, 08:35 PM
Ffs its Rangers not Brazil...the way some are going on here..They weren't even that impressive tonight. If we play to our capabilities I fancy us strongly. ..some on here are making out The Rangers as some kind of world beaters...jeezo
Think your the only person to use the phrase World Beaters ,some folk including me are just pointing out that they are better set up under McCall and it will be a difficult two games for us under the circumstances .

Billy Whizz
09-05-2015, 08:44 PM
Think your the only person to use the phrase World Beaters ,some folk including me are just pointing out that they are better set up under McCall and it will be a difficult two games for us under the circumstances .

Ronnie, think they are better organised under SM, still the same old players though. I fear the refs more than I fear Rangers

Soldiersteve
09-05-2015, 08:58 PM
Keep calm and support the Hibees!
The team formerly known as Glasgow Rangers may be better set up under SM but so what?
We can beat them in both legs,
Trust in Stubbsy!

GGTTH

Ronniekirk
09-05-2015, 09:01 PM
Ronnie, think they are better organised under SM, still the same old players though. I fear the refs more than I fear Rangers
Who are they billy Haven't looked yet to see

iwasthere1972
09-05-2015, 09:06 PM
Well here's my tuppence worth. I didn't think that QoTS were that great today and maybe just made The Rangers look a bit better than average.

On that showing today I think our chances of getting through to play Motherwell or Kilmarnock or Ross County are very good.

In Stubbsy we trust.

:flag: :flag:

Devonhibs
09-05-2015, 09:09 PM
Stupid question time, do away goals count double if its a tie?

iwasthere1972
09-05-2015, 09:10 PM
Stupid question time, do away goals count double if its a tie?

No they don't.

CallumLaidlaw
09-05-2015, 09:19 PM
I'd be quite happy if they had to keep Wallace as left centre back but I'm sure they'll have someone else in if they play us. The likes of Law & Vuckic are the ones to watch in their team. Deal with them and we'll beat them

Phil MaGlass
09-05-2015, 09:29 PM
QoS will beat them at Ibrox, have faith

Sir David Gray
09-05-2015, 09:41 PM
I don't think the tie's over.

Sevco's record at Ibrox hasn't been great this season and I think Queen of the South are more than capable of winning next week.

I'm confident of getting through, regardless of who we play.

HoboHarry
09-05-2015, 09:50 PM
Is there a league sponsor for next season lined up yet?

CallumLaidlaw
09-05-2015, 09:52 PM
Is there a league sponsor for next season lined up yet?

Betfred apparently

HoboHarry
09-05-2015, 09:55 PM
Betfred apparently
What do think the chances are that Betfred's sponsorship is dependent on Rangers being in the top league?

Sir David Gray
09-05-2015, 10:05 PM
What do think the chances are that Betfred's sponsorship is dependent on Rangers being in the top league?

Phone them up and ask them what odds they're offering! :greengrin

Bronson
09-05-2015, 10:17 PM
Thought both teams looked poor tonight, both lacked imagination big time.

We're capable of blowing either of them away, I'm feeling confident.

Mikey09
09-05-2015, 10:26 PM

And remember they were given a huge helping hand from that inept ref at there second goal... Something I think we might see again I'm afraid.

Scottie
09-05-2015, 10:34 PM
Thought both teams looked poor tonight, both lacked imagination big time.

We're capable of blowing either of them away, I'm feeling confident.
:agree: The confidence we must take from finishing 2nd will be the deciding factor.

AS and the coaching staff will have the lads fit and raring to go. Nothing to fear if we play to our ability.

Borderhibbie76
10-05-2015, 05:46 AM

Not saying it wont be difficult...thats IF they beat QOS as they are only 1 goal up, but we finished above them for a reason. They might be better tactically under McCall but man for man we are a better team than them and if Stubbsy gets his tactics right I dont see us having too much to fear. let them worry about us

Borderhibbie76
10-05-2015, 05:50 AM
[QUOTE=Trig;4369189]I don't think the tie's over.

Sevco's record at Ibrox hasn't been great this season and I think Queen of the South are more than capable of winning next week.

I'm confident of getting through, regardless of who we play.[/QUOTE)

No way is tie over I agree, an early goal for QOS at Broke Brox next week and the Orcs will turn. ALL the pressure is on them next Sunday, QOS can go there pressure free having been written off by nearly everyone. Will make for interesting viewing...

offshorehibby
10-05-2015, 06:31 AM
The fact the huns or QoS only have 2 days in-between games will be a help.

snooky
10-05-2015, 09:23 AM
I have no fear about playing The Rangers if they overcome Q of the S however, from past experiences, I do fear the match officials.

Canongatehibs
10-05-2015, 09:47 AM
Aye, unfortunately we face the 12th Man - the match officials - when/if we face the Huns. And that's a bummer.