PDA

View Full Version : Budge got long term plans for the Yams.

greenginger
05-05-2015, 02:21 PM
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/craig-levein-hails-ann-budge-s-long-term-view-1-3762867

The way Barry is spinning this one , it sounds like Budge is in it for the long haul.

Now, I thought Budge was only there to get the place ship-shape for the fans take-over in a couple of seasons time.

Someone should tell the Foundationers that they are wasting their Direct Debits , Budge ain't for budging !

Jim44
05-05-2015, 02:28 PM
It looks as if she is empire-building. So much for a limited role in the rehabilitation of the Jambos.

Geo_1875
05-05-2015, 02:30 PM
The only reason she's in for the long haul is because she won't get her money back any time soon.

greenginger
05-05-2015, 02:43 PM
The only reason she's in for the long haul is because she won't get her money back any time soon.

But the Foundation have a world record number of pledgers , giving millions to the Yam cause.

Don't tell me they have been exaggerating again . :greengrin

Peevemor
05-05-2015, 02:54 PM
I'm quite happy to read all that. I like the idea of both Hibs and Hearts being run the right way. The animosity between the clubs that really kicked off during the Mercer thing, continued through the pieman era and became ridiculous under Vlad was way over the top. It's time to put that to bed IMO.

Hibs and Hearts are of similar size and should share the same, realistic goals. A well contemplated, united front when dealing with the Glasgow bias of the current SPFL set up can only be a good thing whilst, of course, retaining a healthy sporting rivalry.

JeMeSouviens
05-05-2015, 02:56 PM
I'm quite happy to read all that. I like the idea of both Hibs and Hearts being run the right way. The animosity between the clubs that really kicked off during the Mercer thing, continued through the piaman era and became ridiculous under Vlad was way over the top. It's time to put that to bed IMO.

Hibs and Hearts are of similar size and should share the same, realistic goals. A well contemplated, united front when dealing with the Glasgow bias of the current SPFL set up can only be a good thing whilst, of course, retaining a healthy sporting rivalry.

I agree :agree:

An apology to the rest of Scottish football for their lunatic ******** behaviour while being run by lunatic ********s wouldn't go amiss mind.

Brooster
05-05-2015, 03:01 PM
Quite honestly I could not care less. I am not in the slightest bit bothered what her intentions are. Some folk on here seem a bit obsessed by the yams.

Real Emerald
05-05-2015, 03:03 PM
I agree with that too. If you read that it's Rangers and Celtic being the ones that can't agree and all the decisions are about what's right for them, then any change to that set up is worthwhile. Although I can't stand them, I like what she's doing. Similar is going on at Easter Road so it all gets the nod from me.

Keith_M
05-05-2015, 03:18 PM
I read that as nothing more than the continuation of the "Aren't Hearts Wonderful...at Everything" PR guff that's been ongoing ever since they bumped their Creditors and came out of Administration.

I'm sorry but what is it they're supposed to be doing that is so wonderful?

They now have a 'long term view'?
--Woop-de-woo, welcome to the rest of the World, Jambos.

They've got 'Save The Children' on their shirts?
--Aye, but only cause they're being PAID to do it.

They're now bringing through young Players instead of paying unsustainable salaries?
-- That's how most Clubs in Scotland have been run for years! Well, they got there in the end but it took going bust and losing their 'rich', crooked backer first to make that decision.

They're now Fan Owned?
-- Ehm, not as far as I can see. What's the target for that, exactly?

Peevemor
05-05-2015, 03:25 PM
I read that as nothing more than the continuation of the "Aren't Hearts Wonderful...at Everything" PR guff that's been ongoing ever since they bumped their Creditors and came out of Administration.

I'm sorry but what is it they're supposed to be doing that is so wonderful?

They now have a 'long term view'?
--Woop-de-woo, welcome to the rest of the World, Jambos.

They've got 'Save The Children' on their shirts?
--Aye, but only cause they're being PAID to do it.

They're now bringing through young Players instead of paying unsustainable salaries?
-- That's how most Clubs in Scotland have been run for years! Well, they got there in the end but it took going bust and losing their 'rich', crooked backer first to make that decision.

They're now Fan Owned?
-- Ehm, not as far as I can see. What's the target for that, exactly?

Notwithstanding the Banderson spin, I'd rather have that than talk of world cup stars, docksiders, mowgli and champions league wins.

Pete
05-05-2015, 03:26 PM
They'll always be cheats though.

Never let them forget.

Bostonhibby
05-05-2015, 03:30 PM

Big team, big number of pledgers - sure it will all end in fan ownership in line with the timetable - cant end any other way given all those foundation of hearts types with their commitments to paying the good lady back etc..................surely?

Geo_1875
05-05-2015, 03:36 PM
Notwithstanding the Banderson spin, I'd rather have that than talk of world cup stars, docksiders, mowgli and champions league wins.

Give them time. They can't help themselves.

Bostonhibby
05-05-2015, 03:49 PM

Was looking for Mad Vlads' list of pledges for comparison - they all swallowed hook line and sinker - but can't find it, went something like this?

Megasuperhotelstadium (there was a box of drawings that someone else paid for, and I think a feasibility study of sorts that the council helped out with?

Champions league win by 2008? Big tick in the box there.

Never losing by 5 goals to anyone?

Breaking the OF monopoly in the league - they nearly beat the now defunct Glasgow rangers but only managed admin to be fair.

Signing world cup stars - Ryan Stevenson had a star tattoo I think?

Anything else?

cabbageandribs1875
05-05-2015, 03:58 PM
any sign of that 21st century spanking brand new stand yet Budgers

Bostonhibby
05-05-2015, 04:01 PM

To be fair it's up to the council to deliver that and look how long the trams took :wink:

Pete
05-05-2015, 04:09 PM

There are pictures online of a 10,000 seater, two tier stand. It looks really good with its hotels etc...

Might cost a lot though.

jacomo
05-05-2015, 04:16 PM

I think the long term plan lasts up to the moment that the old stand gets condemned and the 'new' ones rust to pieces.

greenginger
05-05-2015, 04:19 PM

Don't laugh, look up the Council planning web-site for the Mega Stand application from 2008.

The status of the application is " pending consideration ", it ain't dead yet ! :greengrin

cabbageandribs1875
05-05-2015, 04:20 PM
To be fair it's up to the council to deliver that and look how long the trams took :wink:

good point, but i suspect talks have already taken place, just waiting for the nod from the budge to proceed :agree:

There are pictures online of a 10,000 seater, two tier stand. It looks really good with its hotels etc...

Might cost a lot though.

when has that ever been a problem for them :greengrin

Just Alf
05-05-2015, 04:30 PM
I think the long term plan lasts up to the moment that the old stand gets condemned and the 'new' ones rust to pieces.

How long term are we talking? I've seen their plans for the 35-45000 stadium,..... Only problem is they were drawn up around 1935 and I think the stadium design rules may have changed a little since then, oh an Saughton Mains Farm's been sold and someone has only gone and built houses on it..... The cheek!

jdships
05-05-2015, 04:33 PM
Any truth in the pub talk that AB and CL are an "item" ? :greengrin

bigwheel
05-05-2015, 04:40 PM
Probably because I know Ann Budge, I have to say I find the demeaning comments and chants so immature and frankly appalling...just because it's about Hearts, can we not stay above unnecessary personal attacks...I'm sure this will fall on deaf ears. I wish, as Hibs fans, there were some things we would rise above.

hibs0666
05-05-2015, 04:40 PM
Dear Cragface, how are you going to finance an upgrade to/replacement of Tynecastle without any ability to borrow cash?

cabbageandribs1875
05-05-2015, 04:42 PM

good point, but i suspect talks have already taken place, just waiting for the nod from the budge to proceed :agree:

Might cost a lot though.

when has that ever been a problem for them :greengrin

Peevemor
05-05-2015, 04:56 PM
Dear Cragface, how are you going to finance an upgrade to/replacement of Tynecastle without any ability to borrow cash?

They'll be able to borrow cash if Budge acts as guarantor - much in the same way as Hibs did with STF.

Lago
05-05-2015, 04:58 PM
I'm quite happy to read all that. I like the idea of both Hibs and Hearts being run the right way. The animosity between the clubs that really kicked off during the Mercer thing, continued through the pieman era and became ridiculous under Vlad was way over the top. It's time to put that to bed IMO.

Totally agree.

Thecat23
05-05-2015, 05:15 PM

Hearts fans were unbearable at times and made up this big club, wee club crap! If you think for one min I'll be forgetting that you are wrong! I ****ing hate them, hope they pricks suffer for years.

Just Alf
05-05-2015, 05:25 PM
I'm sure I've mentioned before, my bro is a season ticky type down gorgie way...

TC..... I've told him as much many a time!!! :-)

HIBERNIAN-0762
05-05-2015, 05:31 PM
Whatever happens they will fall in ***** and come up smelling of roses as they always do, it's amazing what a bit of cheating and a funny handshake can do.

**** them I say.

Pete
05-05-2015, 05:32 PM
Hearts fans were unbearable at times and made up this big club, wee club crap! If you think for one min I'll be forgetting that you are wrong! I ****ing hate them, hope they pricks suffer for years.

They actually didn't make that up as Dunfermline fans were using that to wind up Raith fans for years before they cottoned on to it. The difference is that there is an element of irony about the Fifers while hearts fans actually believe they are X times "bigger" than hibs.

I don't think there's anything original about that club.

Thecat23
05-05-2015, 05:37 PM
I'm sure I've mentioned before, my bro is a season ticky type down gorgie way...

TC..... I've told him as much many a time!!! :-)

Good man, keep reminding him 😁

Thecat23
05-05-2015, 05:38 PM
They actually didn't make that up as Dunfermline fans were using that to wind up Raith fans for years before they cottoned on to it. The difference is that there is an element of irony about the Fifers while hearts fans actually believe they are X times "bigger" than hibs.

I don't think there's anything original about that club.

Is that were it came from? Like you say nothing original about them. **** of the earth and if they vanished tomorrow I wouldn't miss them one bit.

hibs0666
05-05-2015, 05:49 PM
They'll be able to borrow cash if Budge acts as guarantor - much in the same way as Hibs did with STF.

She is 67, and would need to live to 92 to act as guarantor on a 25 year mortgage. Can't see that one getting past the business mortgage decision algorithms.

Andy74
05-05-2015, 05:57 PM

Agree with that. Roasters the lot of them. They are showing now they just don't get what their club has done. They genuinely now believe we are cheating by having some debt and some loan players. No awareness.

Thecat23
05-05-2015, 06:04 PM
Agree with that. Roasters the lot of them. They are showing now they just don't get what their club has done. They genuinely now believe we are cheating by having some debt and some loan players. No awareness.

Exactly.. They honestly just don't get it Andy!

Peevemor
05-05-2015, 06:08 PM
She is 67, and would need to live to 92 to act as guarantor on a 25 year mortgage. Can't see that one getting past the business mortgage decision algorithms.

1. Loans, commercial or otherwise, don't have to be based on a repayment period of 25 years.

2. It would be her money that counts as security, not the woman herself.

Pete
05-05-2015, 06:09 PM
Is that were it came from? Like you say nothing original about them. **** of the earth and if they vanished tomorrow I wouldn't miss them one bit.

They young ones are the worst because all they know is relative success brought about through reckless overspending. Some of the older ones are alright because they know what the club were like pre-Mercer and know that the cups and derby dominance came at a price. Saying that, there are too many older ones who believe that they are something they are not...and those fannies are in for a shock. I was speaking to one who wanted us to come up as it would be a guaranteed twelve points for them. Talk about living in the past...or maybe I just imagined the measly five, undeserved points they stole off us this season.

Franck Stanton
05-05-2015, 06:31 PM

Well said. Me too also.

Thecat23
05-05-2015, 06:34 PM
They young ones are the worst because all they know is relative success brought about through reckless overspending. Some of the older ones are alright because they know what the club were like pre-Mercer and know that the cups and derby dominance came at a price. Saying that, there are too many older ones who believe that they are something they are not...and those fannies are in for a shock. I was speaking to one who wanted us to come up as it would be a guaranteed twelve points for them. Talk about living in the past...or maybe I just imagined the measly five, undeserved points they stole off us this season.

It was a group of old guys in Candy Bar on a stag night few years ago that really shocked me! Boy bright red coupon and Sweating like Josef Fritzl on MTV Cribs, was telling me Hearts will be and I quote "In the top four European teams within 3 years under vlad."

I was a bitter Hibs fan when I said that's a bit far fetched? This was after the first problems hearts had paying players! I'll never forget his face and I've never seen someone so deluded yet so smug. The. He burst into a hearts song! I knew the manager back then Colin and told him they were touching up the younger girls in there and they got bombed.

Childish on my part but did make me chuckle seeing him almost explode with rage as I waved him all the way out [emoji112]🏼[emoji41]

3pm
05-05-2015, 06:43 PM
****. The. Hertz.

greenginger
05-05-2015, 06:50 PM
It will take a lot more than a few sensible Budge statements of policy to change the hardcore Yam delusionists ( roughly 80% )

More likely they'll change her !

Bostonhibby
05-05-2015, 07:02 PM
The magic word is borrow. The post 1980 brand of yam won't be able to see beyond that point.

Don't think Budge is daft enough to get in any deeper than she is. If they ain't repaying her on schedule now then why extend credit or guarantee new debt?

HUTCHYHIBBY
05-05-2015, 07:13 PM
It will take a lot more than a few sensible Budge statements of policy to change the hardcore Yam delusionists ( roughly 80% )

More likely they'll change her !

Very much so, most of them have learned nowt.

Peevemor
05-05-2015, 07:21 PM
The magic word is borrow. The post 1980 brand of yam won't be able to see beyond that point.

Don't think Budge is daft enough to get in any deeper than she is. If they ain't repaying her on schedule now then why extend credit or guarantee new debt?

Because the investment is vital to the future of HMFC, a business which she owns.

Bostonhibby
05-05-2015, 07:28 PM
Because the investment is vital to the future of HMFC, a business which she owns.

:aok: Certainly wasn't what she landed on planet yam to do though, Once your feet are in the swamp...................

Biggie
05-05-2015, 07:29 PM
**** hearts. End of

jdships
05-05-2015, 10:17 PM
Probably because I know Ann Budge, I have to say I find the demeaning comments and chants so immature and frankly appalling...just because it's about Hearts, can we not stay above unnecessary personal attacks...I'm sure this will fall on deaf ears. I wish, as Hibs fans, there were some things we would rise above.

Question
Where does that leave you re the " demeaning comments and chants " levelled at STF/RP / et al ?
Do you condemn these " fans" as well ?
I found them appalling " can we not stay above unnecessary personal attacks." :greengrin:wink:

Sir David Gray
05-05-2015, 11:03 PM

Might cost a lot though.

That's ok, they'll just add it to the long list of creditors which have already been stung after the Romanov era.

They'll just end up owing it all to themselves anyway so it's not a problem, they're used to that. :wink:

Haymaker
05-05-2015, 11:33 PM
****. The. Hertz.

This.

Pete
06-05-2015, 12:22 AM
It was a group of old guys in Candy Bar on a stag night few years ago that really shocked me! Boy bright red coupon and Sweating like Josef Fritzl on MTV Cribs, was telling me Hearts will be and I quote "In the top four European teams within 3 years under vlad."

I was a bitter Hibs fan when I said that's a bit far fetched? This was after the first problems hearts had paying players! I'll never forget his face and I've never seen someone so deluded yet so smug. The. He burst into a hearts song! I knew the manager back then Colin and told him they were touching up the younger girls in there and they got bombed.

Childish on my part but did make me chuckle seeing him almost explode with rage as I waved him all the way out [emoji112][emoji41]

:faf:

I wouldn't feel too guilty as the chances are they would have ended up doing something like that anyway.

bigwheel
06-05-2015, 06:02 AM
Question
Where does that leave you re the " demeaning comments and chants " levelled at STF/RP / et al ?
Do you condemn these " fans" as well ?
I found them appalling " can we not stay above unnecessary personal attacks." :greengrin:wink:

100% condemn them too...

jodjam
06-05-2015, 09:05 AM

Childish on my part but did make me chuckle seeing him almost explode with rage as I waved him all the way out [emoji112][emoji41]

Sure that wisnae Alan Mclaren?

Thecat23
06-05-2015, 09:06 AM
Sure that wisnae Alan Mclaren?

[emoji23] He did look a bit like him to be fair!

jdships
06-05-2015, 10:31 AM
100% condemn them too...

Thank you :thumbsup:

poolman
06-05-2015, 03:03 PM
Saw one of these Yam trumpets at the weekend with a Yam top on with " LEST WE FORGET " written on the back 😴