PDA

View Full Version : Play Offs

Onion
05-05-2015, 03:17 AM
Read a few articles about the POs, and the media games have already begun. Expect 18 days of this stuff.

Firstly, lots of comment about QOS being a big threat to Sevco and Hibs. Going by previous games/results that's obvious. However, IMO QOS are a much bigger threat to Sevco for one simple reason, if they do the Huns, then Hibs will see them coming and give them the respect they deserve. The biggest risk with QOS is Hibs & Huns taking them too lightly and that risk is much greater for the Huns. There's no "glory" for the Huns beating QOS, it's taken for granted by the fans, club and players. IMO this will be be their undoing and I expect QOS to beat them.

If QOS beat the Huns, then the Hun-lovin media would much prefer them to progress than Hibs. If Hibs were to be promoted ahead of the Huns, that would be the final insult ... much better an un-fancied, no-mark team beat us both.

Ignore all the crap about Hibs "suffering" an 18 day layoff. Huns are just running scared and smarting from their humbling 3rd place finish in Scotland's second tier. Again, this is just the media and Huns trying to sooth their pain. Yes, they had some off-field issued during the season, but nothing close to explaining the horrendous performances of their overpaid, average players. IMO they are no even the 3rd best team in the league and QOS will prove that.

Steve20
05-05-2015, 08:07 AM
I expect Rangers to beat QOS and then the media will really go into overdrive, trying to undermine Hibs at every opportunity.

The amount of stuff written about an 18 day break is ridiculous. It's not that much more than when there's an international break.

DH1875
05-05-2015, 08:55 AM
The last thing that the SPFL, Media, SKY, BT sports and everything else in between want is for QOS to go up. If us and rangers are in this division next season then there is a serious threat to ranngers in that we could beat them to the title next year and they could end up down here for years. If rangers don't go up, they'll all be praying that we do.

Hibeesmad
05-05-2015, 01:07 PM
Maybe someone should point out to them that Rangers are most likely to pick up suspensions and injuries than what HIbs are in the next 18 days and also politely point out that Hibs have an 18 day break because they finished 2nd, not 3rd :)

Pete
05-05-2015, 01:07 PM
The media are trying their hardest because they know Sevco need as much help as they can get.

We've come up short this season in one big game which is the only game in which Rangers have stepped up to the plate.

Rangers have bottled every other big occasion and have also failed to deal with the pressure of smaller ones, before and after McCall.

They are gutless, spineless bottle-jobs and everyone knows this. If we keep plugging away at them we will beat them. Saying that, QOS also know what they are and how to deal with them so it might all be irrelevant from our point of view.

ekhibee
05-05-2015, 01:13 PM
Read a few articles about the POs, and the media games have already begun. Expect 18 days of this stuff.

Firstly, lots of comment about QOS being a big threat to Sevco and Hibs. Going by previous games/results that's obvious. However, IMO QOS are a much bigger threat to Sevco for one simple reason, if they do the Huns, then Hibs will see them coming and give them the respect they deserve. The biggest risk with QOS is Hibs & Huns taking them too lightly and that risk is much greater for the Huns. There's no "glory" for the Huns beating QOS, it's taken for granted by the fans, club and players. IMO this will be be their undoing and I expect QOS to beat them.

If QOS beat the Huns, then the Hun-lovin media would much prefer them to progress than Hibs. If Hibs were to be promoted ahead of the Huns, that would be the final insult ... much better an un-fancied, no-mark team beat us both.

Ignore all the crap about Hibs "suffering" an 18 day layoff. Huns are just running scared and smarting from their humbling 3rd place finish in Scotland's second tier. Again, this is just the media and Huns trying to sooth their pain. Yes, they had some off-field issued during the season, but nothing close to explaining the horrendous performances of their overpaid, average players. IMO they are no even the 3rd best team in the league and QOS will prove that.
Quite right Onion, that's almost certainly the case. Sportscene got the ball rolling with barely mentioning Hibs the other day and babbling on about Sevco.

HappyHibbe62
05-05-2015, 01:17 PM
i think we should make all playoff games we play as hostile as we can for the opposition teams

Alex Trager
05-05-2015, 03:07 PM

What an excellent name you have sir

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sir David Gray
05-05-2015, 07:42 PM
I think Queen of the South will take care of Sevco. I think they'll win comfortably on Saturday in their home leg.

Sevco haven't coped at all in either match at Palmerston this season and I don't see that changing at the weekend.

eastterrace
05-05-2015, 07:54 PM
I think Queen of the South will take care of Sevco. I think they'll win comfortably on Saturday in their home leg.

Sevco haven't coped at all in either match at Palmerston this season and I don't see that changing at the weekend.

hope your right but ive a feeling that der hun will win thru to play us as q o s might beat them in a one off but over two legs im not so sure.

Stax
05-05-2015, 08:50 PM
If we play to our capabilities we can beat either team. We finished 2nd despite a shambolic start to the season due to our previous "management" team. The media can focus on the orcs off pitch shenanigans all they want, the fact is they have one of the best paid and settled squads in Scotland and it didn't go to script. There is genuine disbelief among the media that the Rangers might not take their place in the top flight "for the good of Scottish football/strong old firm etc, etc. This view is mainly trotted out by a media that must be totally blind to the way they've performed all season. Play offs all bets are off I suppose but if Stubbs can keep the players ticking over I honestly believe we're a better side than either the Rangers or Qos.

Sir David Gray
05-05-2015, 08:54 PM
If we play to our capabilities we can beat either team. We finished 2nd despite a shambolic start to the season due to our previous "management" team. The media can focus on the orcs off pitch shenanigans all they want, the fact is they have one of the best paid and settled squads in Scotland and it didn't go to script. There is genuine disbelief among the media that the Rangers might not take their place in the top flight "for the good of Scottish football/strong old firm etc, etc. This view is mainly trotted out by a media that must be totally blind to the way they've performed all season. Play offs all bets are off I suppose but if Stubbs can keep the players ticking over I honestly believe we're a better side than either the Rangers or Qos.

Without question.

We finished comfortably ahead of Queen of the South in the end and we would have been a lot further ahead of Sevco had we appointed Alan Stubbs earlier than we did.

It won't be easy to go up through the play offs this year but I honestly believe we have the squad and the management team to do it.

Green Reaper
05-05-2015, 09:26 PM
QoS 12/5 to win at weekend
6/1 if you are brave enough to take them -1

Sir David Gray
05-05-2015, 09:50 PM
QoS 12/5 to win at weekend
6/1 if you are brave enough to take them -1

That's a great shout considering they have already won by at least two goals in their two previous home games against Sevco this season.

essexhibee
05-05-2015, 09:56 PM
Got a feeling it will be a Rangers win. Firmly believe it will be rangers v us in the semis.

greenlex
06-05-2015, 02:17 AM

They needed to go there and win in the other games. They will sit in fora draw and do them at Ibrox.

GordonHFC
06-05-2015, 06:51 AM
Just realised we managed to attain more points this season than Dundee did winning it last year.

patlowe
06-05-2015, 09:10 AM
I wonder how much more confident we would be going into the play-offs if it wasn't for that pesky defeat to Rangers a few weeks back. Despite the other results against them this season, it has certainly put an element of doubt in my mind. Let's hope the players are made of sterner stuff.

ian cruise
06-05-2015, 09:22 AM
I wonder how much more confident we would be going into the play-offs if it wasn't for that pesky defeat to Rangers a few weeks back. Despite the other results against them this season, it has certainly put an element of doubt in my mind. Let's hope the players are made of sterner stuff.

It might steel the players and the management team to ensure that they are prepared this time, rather than being caught out as we were last time. That defeat could work in our favour, only time will tell.

1875Sean
06-05-2015, 11:32 AM
I am correct in thinking we play the winner away first on the Thurs then at Home on the Sat?:confused:

scoopyboy
06-05-2015, 11:35 AM
I am correct in thinking we play the winner away first on the Thurs then at Home on the Sat?:confused:

Away on Wednesday 20th, home on Saturday 23rd.

CallumLaidlaw
06-05-2015, 11:55 AM
Just realised we managed to attain more points this season than Dundee did winning it last year.

Here's how the last few seasons have finished -

13/14 1st 69pts Dundee 2nd 67pts Hamilton
12/13 1st 78pts Partick 2nd 67pts Morton
11/12 1st 79pts Ross Cty 2nd 55pts Dundee
10/11 1st 70pts Dunfermline 2nd 60pts Raith
09/10 1st 73pts ICT 2nd 61pts Dundee
08/09 1st 65pts St Johnstone 2nd 55pts Partick
07/08 1st 76pts Hamilton 2nd 69pts Dundee
06/07 1st 66pts Gretna 2nd 65pts St Johnstone
05/06 1st 76pts St Mirren 2nd 66pts St Johnstone
04/05 1st 75pts Falkirk 2nd 60pts St Mirren

Average -