PDA

View Full Version : Ian Baraclough

InterviewLoI
04-05-2015, 09:41 PM
Bohemians were playing Cork City today in Dublin and Baraclough was in Dublin doing the commentary. It seemed strange that with Motherwell desperately close to a play-off spot he is travelling to Dublin for a game between two sides with which he has no affiliation.... Maybe we should be hoping we get Motherwell in the play-offs if he's already considering his post-managerial future?

S4uzee
04-05-2015, 10:05 PM
Don't think that means anything tbh. Probably looking at players

InterviewLoI
04-05-2015, 10:09 PM
Don't think that means anything tbh. Probably looking at players

All due respect to Motherwell I don't think they would be willing to pay the transfer fees commanded by any of the players considering the level they're at. Ian has also stated numerous times that he thinks in comparison to the SPL that the LoI is crap. However, he may be looking at potential championship players ;)

PatHead
04-05-2015, 10:24 PM
If he was doing the commentary rather than scouting I would be mad if I was a Motherwell fan.

InterviewLoI
04-05-2015, 10:33 PM
If he was doing the commentary rather than scouting I would be mad if I was a Motherwell fan.

He was doing commentary. He started doing it immediately after Sligo gave him the boot, I think he knows the Motherwell job is gone in the very likely case they go down!

Iain G
05-05-2015, 06:45 AM
All due respect to Motherwell I don't think they would be willing to pay the transfer fees commanded by any of the players considering the level they're at. Ian has also stated numerous times that he thinks in comparison to the SPL that the LoI is crap. However, he may be looking at potential championship players ;)

Did we not pick up Doyle from LoI?

Winston Ingram
05-05-2015, 07:07 AM
Bohemians were playing Cork City today in Dublin and Baraclough was in Dublin doing the commentary. It seemed strange that with Motherwell desperately close to a play-off spot he is travelling to Dublin for a game between two sides with which he has no affiliation.... Maybe we should be hoping we get Motherwell in the play-offs if he's already considering his post-managerial future?

Encouraging. Our clown of a manager last season topped that to go and present awards in Southampton rather than going to watch Kilmarnock play.

CB_NO3
05-05-2015, 09:15 AM
He is maybe tied up to a contract that Motherwell are aware about? No big deal.

Dalianwanda
05-05-2015, 09:19 AM
Yup from my adopted home :-) Sligo Rovers...

InterviewLoI
05-05-2015, 10:10 AM

Yep. The standard is higher than Ian thinks

Andy74
05-05-2015, 10:12 AM

Should he be under house arrest until Motherwell are safe? There's a limit to time he can spend with the players and coaches working on getti germ out of it and so if this isn't stopping him from doing something with his own team I don't see an issue.

InterviewLoI
05-05-2015, 10:32 AM
Should he be under house arrest until Motherwell are safe? There's a limit to time he can spend with the players and coaches working on getti germ out of it and so if this isn't stopping him from doing something with his own team I don't see an issue.

Its just strange at this point in the season that he is flying to Dublin for a matxh that means nothing to him or his team who are near the play-offs.

jacomo
05-05-2015, 11:51 AM

Plenty of players have moved from LoI to the English Premier League too, but that doesn't necessarily mean the standard is all that.

ekhibee
05-05-2015, 01:11 PM
Maybe on the lookout for players to replace all the ones that jump ship when they're relegated?

frazeHFC
05-05-2015, 02:58 PM
Yep. The standard is higher than Ian thinks

Not to mention the likes of Kevin Doyle and Seamus Coleman amongst others.