PDA

View Full Version : james craigen

blackpoolhibs
04-05-2015, 04:19 PM
Seen on another site we have apparently approached this lad from Partick. :dunno:

lord bunberry
04-05-2015, 04:32 PM
Seen on another site we have apparently approached this lad from Partick. :dunno:
I read he'd signed a pre contract with us.

Golden Bear
04-05-2015, 04:36 PM
Aw naw.

No another midfield player.

:offski:

The Sundance Kid
04-05-2015, 04:41 PM
Plays as a winger, was spotted by Partick Thistle playing for the Edinburgh University football team

Michael
04-05-2015, 04:42 PM
I read he'd signed a pre contract with us.

A Patrick squad player...not too exciting...

But then again, I questioned Gray's credentials at the start of the season. Almost all of Stubbs signings have been good actually.

HibbyAndy
04-05-2015, 04:43 PM
Who ?

erin go bragh
04-05-2015, 04:53 PM
In Stubbs we trust .

GGTTH

Hibernian Verse
04-05-2015, 04:58 PM
A Patrick squad player...not too exciting...

But then again, I questioned Gray's credentials at the start of the season. Almost all of Stubbs signings have been good actually.

73 league appearances for them in just over two years is hardly 'squad player'. But don't let that get in the way.

Just because not everyone has heard of a player doesn't mean they're ****.

Frogga
04-05-2015, 06:16 PM
Would this cast doubts over Boyle and Harris?

Fergus52
04-05-2015, 06:29 PM
Would this cast doubts over Boyle and Harris?

Wouldn't imagine so, the squad doesn't really have any wingers in it just now. So we have room for plenty IMO

Jonnyboy
04-05-2015, 06:57 PM
73 league appearances for them in just over two years is hardly 'squad player'. But don't let that get in the way.

Correct. Who'd heard of Latapy, Zitelli and Laursen for example? Not many, I'd wager

HibbyAndy
04-05-2015, 06:59 PM
Correct. Who'd heard of Latapy, Zitelli and Laursen for example? Not many, I'd wager

A heard of Zitelli to be fair :greengrin

Hermit Crab
04-05-2015, 07:18 PM

:agree: Who had heard of latapy before we got him.

Hibby Bairn
04-05-2015, 07:25 PM
I hadn't heard of Matt Doherty. Akpo Sodje, Sean O'Hanlon or Tom Soares. :wink:

There again I had also never heard of Des Bremner, Ivan Sproule, Pat McGinlay or Matty Jack. :aok:

Just gotta trust the coaching team and scouting reports.

bingo70
04-05-2015, 07:31 PM

Not really a fair comparison though, these guys all cane from different countries and nobody would have seen them play.

I'd imagine everyone has seen Partick play over the last two years and this guy's obviously not made much of an impression.

I'm happy to trust Stubbs but I also think it's natural to speculate and give opinions on potential signings. Naturally not all opinions will be positive.

Jonnyboy
04-05-2015, 07:52 PM
Not really a fair comparison though, these guys all cane from different countries and nobody would have seen them play.

I'd imagine everyone has seen Partick play over the last two years and this guy's obviously not made much of an impression.

I'm happy to trust Stubbs but I also think it's natural to speculate and give opinions on potential signings. Naturally not all opinions will be positive.

I take your point bingo, but how many times might folk have seen a guy playing for Partick? :greengrin

HibeeMackenzie
04-05-2015, 08:08 PM
I'm sure not many of you had heard of Martin Boyle whilst he sat on Dundee's bench, he's certainly made an impression especially the past few weeks since being recalled.

Leanne has brought in an extensive scouting network, we had nothing of the sort under previous regimes, every player we are interested in will be thoroughly watched before they're offered anything from hibs. If the scouts and Stubbsy think he's good enough then I'm certainly not going to argue

Heisenberg
05-05-2015, 12:32 PM
Looks like this is true. Team mate at Patrick has just tweeted him about it.

@StevenLawless91: @Cragsy28 ............. Sign here please #Hibeees

Hibbyradge
05-05-2015, 12:33 PM
Has anyone used the word "underwhelmed" yet?

:doh:

Keith_M
05-05-2015, 12:44 PM

So far just you

:wink:

NadeAteMyLunch!
05-05-2015, 01:51 PM
I'm sure not many of you had heard of Martin Boyle whilst he sat on Dundee's bench, he's certainly made an impression especially the past few weeks since being recalled.

Leanne has brought in an extensive scouting network, we had nothing of the sort under previous regimes, every player we are interested in will be thoroughly watched before they're offered anything from hibs. If the scouts and Stubbsy think he's good enough then I'm certainly not going to argue

Boyle is the example I was thinking of as well. I trust Stubbs and the team to get the best out of players

The_Exile
05-05-2015, 01:57 PM
I haven't heard or seen much of him either, but that doesn't mean he won't be a success here. He might have strengths that Partick aren't bringing out in him, training might be rubbish etc. We have a very in depth scouting and recruitment team now and every player will be brought in to do specific jobs and play in a certain way, he'll only be brought here if he fits the bill and I'm confident the lad will be a hit if he signs.

Big_Franck
05-05-2015, 02:09 PM
Hadn't heard of him until this thread appeared. Bit of info from his wiki page:

Personal information
Date of birth 28 March 1991 (age 24)
Place of birth Preston, England
Height 6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)
Playing position Midfielder

Youth career
1999–2009 Preston North End
2009–2012 Edinburgh University

Senior career*
Years Team Apps†(Gls)†
2012– Partick Thistle 73 (4)
2012–2013 → Forfar Athletic (loan) 10 (2)

hibees 7062
05-05-2015, 03:58 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IVXfe3drxI&feature=player_detailpage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFNi4yig9FU&feature=player_detailpage

Diclonius
05-05-2015, 04:42 PM

Not a loan signing. :wink:

Eyrie
05-05-2015, 07:20 PM

I'm just whelmed at the moment and will decide later whether that will become over or under.