PDA

View Full Version : Andy Walker on Sky Sports News

Hibernian Verse
04-05-2015, 10:59 AM
Asked how well Hearts have done and responds with they've done well to storm ahead of a Rangers team with geat resources. Absolutely no mention of them not even finishing second.

Presenter then asks who's going to go up and he says he can't see past Rangers...

:confused:

Cannot wait to pump them.

Wilson
04-05-2015, 11:03 AM
Asked how well Hearts have done and responds with they've done well to storm ahead of a Rangers team with geat resources. Absolutely no mention of them not even finishing second.

Presenter then asks who's going to go up and he says he can't see past Rangers...

Well I'm about to turn into a QotS fan for a couple of games. I think barely getting quoted and facing Rangers with no pressure on them will suit them just fine.

I don't believe Andy Walker can see past his own nose.

Nando™
04-05-2015, 11:04 AM
What a ***ing moron.

Pretty Boy
04-05-2015, 11:05 AM
Tbh I'm quite happy a lot of people seem to be overlooking us.

I'd quite happily go into games against Rangers and Motherwell or Killie being branded as underdogs. At this moment in time I'd be far more nervous about facing QOTS than I would Rangers.

Mr White
04-05-2015, 11:07 AM
In the 2 games they've played at palmerston this season sevco have scored no goals and conceded 5 IIRC. Hardly grounds for optimism andy.

truehibernian
04-05-2015, 11:07 AM
Was he not telling folk to fear Queen of the South last week :confused:

Media will go into pro-The Rangers overdrive this week and next.......was surprised to not read the 'plucky The Rangers bring Hearts down to earth' headlines on Sunday........conceding two goals in 8 minutes, drawing at Livi, drawing v Falkirk (who had something to play for :greengrin).........this week will see them no doubt as 'the form team going into the play-offs' :agree::greengrin:rolleyes:

Peevemor
04-05-2015, 11:08 AM
Tbh I'm quite happy a lot of people seem to be overlooking us.

I'd quite happily go into games against Rangers and Motherwell or Killie being branded as underdogs. At this moment in time I'd be far more nervous about facing QOTS than I would Rangers.

IF we end up playing Sevco and IF we beat them, the the media will automatically have us as favourites against Motherwell.

Pretty Boy
04-05-2015, 11:21 AM
IF we end up playing Sevco and IF we beat them, the the media will automatically have us as favourites against Motherwell.

I agree but I'd rather we weren't.

Matty_Jack04
04-05-2015, 11:29 AM
I hope we quietly go about our business in the lead up to either QOS or sevco but I hope the management are bringing it to the attention of the players that we're being completely over looked, Finishing the season in 2nd place and beating sevco 3 times whilst overturning a 12 point gap they held over us obviously means nothing to these experts, sevco will be doing well to beat QOS I for one wouldn't be looking forward to that tie

Peevemor
04-05-2015, 11:30 AM
I agree but I'd rather we weren't.

Ditto.

Beefster
04-05-2015, 11:36 AM

There's a thread on here with folk basically fearing that we won't be promoted. If we don't have faith in ourselves, I'm not sure we can expect a random to either.

Danderhall Hibs
04-05-2015, 11:40 AM
It's an outrage that a guy that's paid for his opinion has the nerve to say what his opinion is IMO.

Alfred E Newman
04-05-2015, 11:43 AM
The more I listen to these media muppets the more confident I become that we will go up. I heard Tom English and co yesterday actually suggesting that Rangers have an advantage over us now by playing QOS while Hibs are idle. Unbelievable nonsense.

Wilson
04-05-2015, 11:45 AM
outrage that a guy that's paid for his opinion has the nerve to say what his opinion is IMO.

Not an outrage. I wonder what the going rate for drivel is however. Hopefully not too much..

Danderhall Hibs
04-05-2015, 11:47 AM
Not an outrage. I wonder what the going rate for drivel is however. Hopefully not too much..

It's Scottish football so just a time-filler on SSN. I'd imagine he's doing it for a nominal fee.

Green Fish
04-05-2015, 11:48 AM
Andy Walker, his opinion counts for the square root of fek all, and Tom English..... Mon lads,do your talking on the pitch, make them eat their words. GG.

Hibernian Verse
04-05-2015, 11:52 AM
The more I listen to these media muppets the more confident I become that we will go up. I heard Tom English and co yesterday actually suggesting that Rangers have an advantage over us now by playing QOS while Hibs are idle. Unbelievable nonsense.

To be fair, I've started to quite like Tom English and that is a fair point to make. Guess we'll find out if he's right at the end of the month.

Borderhibbie76
04-05-2015, 12:01 PM
Dont know why but just subjected myself to last nights Sportscene and we never even got a mention for finishing second. Showed our goals then had the headline Falkirk 3 Hibs 0 then blethered on about Hearts n The Rangers. Not even a well done to Hibs for finishing 2nd...that BBC is an absolute disgrace!!

Wotherspiniesta
04-05-2015, 12:02 PM
Sometimes I wonder to myself if I have some sort of paranoia about the media hating Hibs. The BBC in particular. Normally in the highlights of last games of the season, you nip from one match to the other, speaking of the ramifications of certain goals etc. I think down south they cover this very well in their highlights.

Last night on Sportscene, it showed the Hearts V The Rangers match with highlights in its entirity. They then previewed the Hibs match and that googly eyed midget said something along the lines of " So that 2-2 draw at Tynecastle took the pressure off Hibs, meaning they were assured 2nd place".... Basically ignoring the fact both matches were played at the same time and Hibs probably had no idea what was happening at Tynecastle.

Then, having shown the Hibs highlights they immediately showed the title celebrations at Tynecastle without even a mention of us finishing 2nd afterwards.

Asked about Hearts, Scott Macdonald came out with " They have done so well to beat Rangers to the title so convincingly".....

As has been alluded to, I'm sort of glad that they just ingore us. A siege mentality is what we need going into these play offs. It's Hibs V Everyone. Hopefully we can have the last laugh.

:flag:

truehibernian
04-05-2015, 12:06 PM

Because clearly playing 180 minutes of pressure football, possibility of extra time and penalties, players picking up cards and knocks - is an advantage right enough - especially a side like The Rangers going into them on bang average form, QotS having the better 'head to head' record, an artificial pitch, and they leak goals...........

Keep up the good work Tom :faf: I'm more fearful of Queens, they are a really good, hard working side. Motherwell are awful and have a manager worse than that Gannon geezer.

Winston Ingram
04-05-2015, 12:14 PM
He's an ********. His co-commentary for the Celtic ICT was the most biased I've ever heard

AndyM_1875
04-05-2015, 12:21 PM
Walker and all the other pundits have no interest in Hibs (or QoS) going up. They are west of Scotland based and completely in that mindset, therefore their interest in only in ensuring that brand Old Firm is restarted. Many Celtc fans (aside from the swivel eyed zoomers on Twitter) now openly say they want Rangers in the league next year as they want their regular fix of sectarian slop which they've been denied for 3 years. Lawell wants Rangers up as he has a £10m hole to fill in the Parkhead accounts and despite his recent tub thumping rhetoric the fact is Celtc play in front of a half full (often less) stadium.

Hibs are the danger to them, the capable team with momentum most likely to prevent a start up of "normal service".
Let's really annoy them.

Nando™
04-05-2015, 12:30 PM
Walker and all the other pundits have no interest in Hibs (or QoS) going up. They are west of Scotland based and completely in that mindset, therefore their interest in only in ensuring that brand Old Firm is restarted. Many Celtc fans (aside from the swivel eyed zoomers on Twitter) now openly say they want Rangers in the league next year as they want their regular fix of sectarian slop which they've been denied for 3 years. Lawell wants Rangers up as he has a £10m hole to fill in the Parkhead accounts and despite his recent tub thumping rhetoric the fact is Celtc play in front of a half full (often less) stadium.

Hibs are the danger to them, the capable team with momentum most likely to prevent a start up of "normal service".
Let's really annoy them.

Not to mention the easy 12 points for a few years while The Rangers desperately overspend in an attempt to keep up with Celtc, leading to their eventual administration and subsequent liquidation :wink:

I, for one, can't wait for this to happen. As long as Hibs are back in the premier league next season, of course.

AndyM_1875
04-05-2015, 12:32 PM
Not to mention the easy 12 points for a few years while The Rangers desperately overspend in an attempt to keep up with Celtc, leading to their eventual administration and subsequent liquidation :wink:

I, for one, can't wait for this to happen. As long as Hibs are back in the premier league next season, of course.

I don't care about Celtic or Rangers. I wish they'd both go away and take their dumb as rocks fans with them.

Cod Boy
04-05-2015, 12:34 PM
He is one of many wage thiefs to have played for Hibs.

3pm
04-05-2015, 12:37 PM
Andy Walker's opinion isn't even important in his own living room.

Just let them get on with it. Quite happy with us having a low profile going into these games.

high bee
04-05-2015, 12:38 PM
They say be careful what you wish for but I hope they beat QOTS and that we go and absolutely smash them at a packed ER.

Sick of listening to to the blue nosed media, let's ram all their pro rangers chat right down their throats.

I hope the players are seeing and hearing all this, it's got my blood pumping and I'm sure it would get them fired up too.

Bostonhibby
04-05-2015, 12:46 PM
Barry Anderson is the thinking man's Andy Walker. Walker can't even remember what he said the day before. Erse

snooky
04-05-2015, 12:50 PM

Sorry, but I kinda see his point however, the same applies to QOS. The winner of the 3rd & 4th place will have a game under their belt & be on an 'up'.
We will have to play the winner from a standing start. Being 2nd has more advantages than disadvantages obviously, but it'll still be dog eat dog.

jacomo
04-05-2015, 12:58 PM
Because clearly playing 180 minutes of pressure football, possibility of extra time and penalties, players picking up cards and knocks - is an advantage right enough - especially a side like The Rangers going into them on bang average form, QotS having the better 'head to head' record, an artificial pitch, and they leak goals...........

Keep up the good work Tom :faf: I'm more fearful of Queens, they are a really good, hard working side. Motherwell are awful and have a manager worse than that Gannon geezer.

Hopefully whichever team comes out of the QFs is punched out. We need to use the next fortnight to prepare properly and I'm sure we will.

HibbyAndy
04-05-2015, 01:02 PM
Bellend.

southsider
04-05-2015, 01:05 PM
I would much rather have a break from now until the semi v sevco or QoS. Away to a training camp in Spain to heal the little injuries would do us just fine. As a betting man I would say QoS have a better than even chance of beating sevco. Whoever we play it will be hard but I believe we have the pace and attitude to get to the final. Killie are in freefall and it may well be the play-off winners play them

Dave-O
04-05-2015, 01:17 PM
Walloper.

pennyhibee
04-05-2015, 01:22 PM
Some good words from Leckie Bill but who cares Hibs players and manager will decide the outcome

SlickShoes
04-05-2015, 01:40 PM
I want QotS to thump Rangers, not because it will make anything easier for us because it won't. QotS is probably a harder game if you look at the times we have played them recently but I could never want Rangers to win anything.

Good luck QotS, send them packing.

Jim44
04-05-2015, 01:52 PM
Sorry, but I kinda see his point however, the same applies to QOS. The winner of the 3rd & 4th place will have a game under their belt & be on an 'up'.
We will have to play the winner from a standing start. Being 2nd has more advantages than disadvantages obviously, but it'll still be dog eat dog.

Two games in the first playoff also means that whoever we play may be carrying injuries.

Sir David Gray
04-05-2015, 01:58 PM
I want QotS to thump Rangers, not because it will make anything easier for us because it won't. QotS is probably a harder game if you look at the times we have played them recently but I could never want Rangers to win anything.

Good luck QotS, send them packing.

I agree with the sentiments in general but I only want Queen of the South to beat them if we then go all the way and get promoted.

I personally hope that if we don't get promoted then Sevco do go up.

I don't fancy competing with them for promotion again next year.

Alex Trager
04-05-2015, 02:24 PM
They say be careful what you wish for but I hope they beat QOTS and that we go and absolutely smash them at a packed ER.

Sick of listening to to the blue nosed media, let's ram all their pro rangers chat right down their throats.

I hope the players are seeing and hearing all this, it's got my blood pumping and I'm sure it would get them fired up too.

I hope we smash them at a ram packed ibrox tbh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AngusHibby
04-05-2015, 02:55 PM

Perhaps trying to put pressure on rangers? Is he not a celtic fan?

Northernhibee
04-05-2015, 03:03 PM
Suits me. Let him build them up and we'll keep them down.

DH1875
04-05-2015, 04:19 PM
I agree with the sentiments in general but I only want Queen of the South to beat them if we then go all the way and get promoted.

Would tend to agree with this.

HoboHarry
04-05-2015, 05:05 PM
If QOTS beat Rangers then will all be going up under League reconstruction.

HibbyAndy
04-05-2015, 05:10 PM

I truly believe this.

Jim44
04-05-2015, 05:10 PM

Well intentioned cynicism but surely it would be too late in the day even for the incompetent blazers of the SPFL.

Alfred E Newman
04-05-2015, 05:15 PM

Damn it, here's me thinking we had done well to finish second.

ancient hibee
04-05-2015, 05:20 PM

It won't be much of an advantage if Queens see them off.Of course English may be accepting that any team playing against Rangers will have to take on the ref as well.

Onion
04-05-2015, 05:20 PM
Really can't believe so many still think opinions are personal and logical. These "commentators" are just mouthpieces for the press, broadcasters and whoever else pays their fees. Do you really think some ex-player who did not bum up the OF would get repeat work from the BBC or Sky ? Not a chance. They know they have to put a positive OF spin on their comments to appease the majority of viewers. That's what the broadcasters want and that's what these pundits deliver. No point getting hot and bothered about them, as it will change nothing. Best way to answer them is on the pitch.

RoscoHibby
04-05-2015, 05:45 PM
Really can't believe so many still think opinions are personal and logical. These "commentators" are just mouthpieces for the press, broadcasters and whoever else pays their fees. Do you really think some ex-player who did not bum up the OF would get repeat work from the BBC or Sky ? Not a chance. They know they have to put a positive OF spin on their comments to appease the majority of viewers. That's what the broadcasters want and that's what these pundits deliver. No point getting hot and bothered about them, as it will change nothing. Best way to answer them is on the pitch.

Id pretty much agree with this. However, and it's a fairly hefty however, Andy walker is an arsepiece.

shetlandhibee
04-05-2015, 06:05 PM
:top marks

jacomo
04-05-2015, 07:27 PM
Damn it, here's me thinking we had done well to finish second.

Hamilton finished 2nd did they not? And weren't cowed by a 1st leg loss against us.

We are (more or less) the form team. We should have nothing to fear.

poolman
04-05-2015, 08:16 PM
To be fair, I've started to quite like Tom English and that is a fair point to make. Guess we'll find out if he's right at the end of the month.

Tom English is an absolute bletherin fud

NORTHERNHIBBY
04-05-2015, 08:28 PM
Not sure that it is the case that he can't see past Rangers. More that he won't, and that is nothing new.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
04-05-2015, 09:20 PM
Andy Whanker

Deansy
04-05-2015, 09:20 PM

Doubt it - I've long thought Hibs get the grief\disrespect the Weegie-media are too frightened to give Septic !

AngusHibby
11-05-2015, 12:21 PM
https://twitter.com/jamlang22/status/597451690820902912 belter

emerald green
11-05-2015, 01:05 PM
https://twitter.com/jamlang22/status/597451690820902912 belter

:top marksLangfield. Walker is also a sour faced boring b******.

CallumLaidlaw
11-05-2015, 01:08 PM
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/andy-walker-belld-aberdeen-keeper-5678086

AlbertK86
11-05-2015, 05:05 PM
Sorry, but I kinda see his point however, the same applies to QOS. The winner of the 3rd & 4th place will have a game under their belt & be on an 'up'. We will have to play the winner from a standing start. Being 2nd has more advantages than disadvantages obviously, but it'll still be dog eat dog.

Standing start ??

We've just won our last 5 league games ....

Alex Trager
12-05-2015, 07:44 AM
Langfield showing what he thinks of AW

@jamlang22: This is worth the fine I'm going to get......"Andy walker is a [emoji348]"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

snooky
12-05-2015, 09:19 AM
Standing start ??

We've just won our last 5 league games ....

Eh, I was referring to the fact we will not have played a competitive game for a few weeks. :cb

Keith_M
12-05-2015, 09:29 AM
Eh, I was referring to the fact we will not have played a competitive game for a few weeks. :cb

Couldn't we organise a friendly against Gibraltar while we're on our Hols?

Bad Martini
12-05-2015, 11:38 AM
The boy is a walloper. Pure and simple.

Lets no be daft here; suggesting a break is a bad thing is right up there with the yamathematics where making a loss is good and has no consequences, believing you will have Brazilians playing fitba in Gorgie and being watched by 400,000 yams all over the world and from the cosy beds in the newly built hotel accomodation doon the pink wongadome.

This is ALL these pricks have in the weeja; dellusion. The answer, is to stick it right up them with a ****ing barrel of goals. Only by realising these dip****s operate with a few less chromosomes than the rest of us, can you begin to consider even thinking about starting to attempt to fathom out what the actual **** they are talking about........and even then, it's baffling.

Three weeks almost with no opportunities to gain fresh injuries, suspensions and bookings. Three weeks with training to maintain fitness but no risk of losing the two games (TWO) that you need to progress. Only in downtown radgeville would anyone see this as a hindrance...we are essentially with a by to the next round...all we need to do, is what we done previously this season and remember that we done it and how we done it (assuming the huns actually get through, as the weeja have arrogantly assumed). Yes, we lost to the huns but lets be honest and without being biased; we utterly skelped them when we beat them and it could've been a lot more..........yes, we lost badly in that last game but there was no gulf in class or skill. Rather the opposite; who remembers any time recently when we could honestly and genuinely say we are really pissed off to loose to the huns.....???

Exactly.

Now, back in the real world...lets hope by some ****ing chance they get a non-masonic, hun tendency referee, a barrell load of cards and some players end up feeling some stiff challenges. Lets also hope they **** it and get beat but if they sneak through, they can ****ingwell take whats coming to them.

You can bet if this pish in the weeja has pissed us of, it's also not passed Stubbs. In fact, I am very much hoping it's made it's way to the dressing room wall.

ENDOF

Canongatehibs
12-05-2015, 11:45 AM
Quite simply, Andy Walker was one of THE worst to wear the Green :agree:

Phil MaGlass
12-05-2015, 11:57 AM
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/andy-walker-belld-aberdeen-keeper-5678086

had to laugh