PDA

View Full Version : El Alagui

Arch Stanton
04-05-2015, 10:24 AM
When El Alagui got back from injury I assumed he would be the stick on number one pick, but that doesn't seem to be the case any more. I would like to see more of him playing but in what circumstances?

I mean, you wouldn't want to play him on astroturf and you wouldn't want to break up the Malonga/Cummings partnership.

So, what do you think? Just save him as a sub for injuries/tired legs? To come on as a super sub if we are chasing a result? Maybe even start him as a lone striker if we want to play it tight?

And maybe not even worry about it - lots could happen before the dust settles. Like they say, it's a good problem to have, but I'm curious all the same.

Hibee87
04-05-2015, 10:30 AM
I think hes still far from 100%. He came in and knocked malonga out the team, its no surprise malonga's up turn in performance has coincided with him being dropped and now, Cummings and molonga hitting form is keeping him from getting more game time. Up to El to fight into the team now.......not sure how djedje has not had a fairer crack mind. Brilliant time to have 2 strikers fighting for a place and keeping the other 2 on their toes though

Big_Franck
04-05-2015, 10:33 AM
Do we know if he was rested at the weekend because of the plastic pitch? Or did he pick up an injury in training?

I think Farid's done really well since he's come back though. It can't have been easy coming back at this point in the season having not played for 7 months. If he is fit i'm sure he'll play an important part in the play-offs.

tamig
04-05-2015, 10:42 AM
The guy's still far from 100% fitness. We'll see the best of him next season hopefully. He was poor at Hampden and I think his performance against hertz possibly papered over a few cracks and hid the fact that he still has a bit to go yet.

Winston Ingram
04-05-2015, 12:11 PM
I think hes still far from 100%. He came in and knocked malonga out the team, its no surprise malonga's up turn in performance has coincided with him being dropped and now, Cummings and molonga hitting form is keeping him from getting more game time. Up to El to fight into the team now.......not sure how djedje has not had a fairer crack mind. Brilliant time to have 2 strikers fighting for a place and keeping the other 2 on their toes though

I think Djedje & Malonga blotted their copybook with their 0% effort performance against the Huns

Arch Stanton
04-05-2015, 12:50 PM
I think Djedje & Malonga blotted their copybook with their 0% effort performance against the Huns

You know, it wouldn't have taken a lot of effort to make your point relevant to the thread.

Couldn't you be bothered? :greengrin

Borderhibbie76
04-05-2015, 01:13 PM

That would be the game when both of them got zero service due to us being overrun in midfield...dreadfully unfair comment

Keith_M
04-05-2015, 02:11 PM
I heard that El Al is out of the team because he's not moody enough and actually celebrates scoring goals.

:wink:

woodythehibee
04-05-2015, 02:27 PM
Farid missed the Sponsor's evening on Thursday due to personal reasons. I assume that's why he missed the game too, or perhaps the plastic pitch too.

SunshineOnLeith
04-05-2015, 03:49 PM
Malonga and Farid are competing for a jersey (partnering Cummings upfront), and at the moment Malonga is in form and scoring goals. I like Farid as a player, a lot, but he's not worth breaking up a winning team and effective strike partnership to accomodate.

ancient hibee
04-05-2015, 05:27 PM
It was clear in the semi he was nowhere near fit-hardly surprising.

Frazerbob
04-05-2015, 05:51 PM
Farid missed the Sponsor's evening on Thursday due to personal reasons. I assume that's why he missed the game too, or perhaps the plastic pitch too.

He was at the game on Saturday, in his Hibs gear so I suspect he was in the traveling squad and left out, maybe due th pitch as you say.

Billy Whizz
04-05-2015, 05:53 PM
He was at the game on Saturday, in his Hibs gear so I suspect he was in the traveling squad and left out, maybe due th pitch as you say.

Stubbs said after the Alloa game, that Farid was on the bench as he had a knock, maybe not fully recovered.
He'll have a big part to play before the end of the season though

Winston Ingram
04-05-2015, 05:59 PM
That would be the game when both of them got zero service due to us being overrun in midfield...dreadfully unfair comment

The pair of them them allowed the back 3 as much time as they wanted. The time they were allowed to repeatedly pick their passes was criminal. No pressing whatsoever. As a result the wing backs were effectively allowed to play as wingers. When we did have the ball, they were about as mobile as the Scott Monument, despite the fact there was 2 huge gaps down the sides due to their wing backs being miles up the pitch.

No coincidence whatsoever that Djedje hasn't started a game since and Dom was binned a couple of games later.

Winston Ingram
04-05-2015, 06:02 PM

Was the t-shirt he wore under his strip not something to an ill new born relative?

DaveF
04-05-2015, 06:06 PM
Was the t-shirt he wore under his strip not something to an ill new born relative?

It was for his nephew who was born quite a few weeks early.

hibbytam
04-05-2015, 06:43 PM
The pair of them them allowed the back 3 as much time as they wanted. The time they were allowed to repeatedly pick their passes was criminal. No pressing whatsoever. As a result the wing backs were effectively allowed to play as wingers. When we did have the ball, they were about as mobile as the Scott Monument, despite the fact there was 2 huge gaps down the sides due to their wing backs being miles up the pitch.

No coincidence whatsoever that Djedje hasn't started a game since and Dom was binned a couple of games later.

What a load of pish.

Djedje, I guess you've forgotten his excellent pass for el alagui in the derby. And big Dom has been on great form the last few games.
And none of this has very much to do with the topic, which is about El Alagui.
Get behind the lads, instead of trying to be negative when there's nothing to be negative about.

Winston Ingram
04-05-2015, 08:03 PM
What a load of pish.

Djedje, I guess you've forgotten his excellent pass for el alagui in the derby. And big Dom has been on great form the last few games.
And none of this has very much to do with the topic, which is about El Alagui.
Get behind the lads, instead of trying to be negative when there's nothing to be negative about.

Aye ok pal. Yer right, it has about as much relevance to this topic as your reply has to my comment.

Why would i forget it? I'm just struggling to see why his pass has anything to do with his work rate in the Rangers game and the fact he hasn't started a game since. He likely wouldn't have even got on in that game as he came on for Dom, who came on after being dropped himself, got injured. I'd agree that Big Dom has been very good for the last 2 and a bit games. Still struggling to see how that is relevant to him not trying a leg in the Huns game and getting dropped soon after.