PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations to Yogi...

Keith_M
04-05-2015, 08:11 AM
...on winning the Manager Of The Year award.

There must have been a lot of pressure to give the award to Deila but, IMO, Yogi deserves it a lot more.

Pretty Boy
04-05-2015, 08:19 AM
Tbh getting ICT to the SC Final is undoubtedly an achievement.

However 5 points from 30 and no wins since 14 February is hardly outstanding. In fact it's reminiscent of the run he had Hibs on when it started to go badly downhill.

Keith_M
04-05-2015, 08:22 AM
Tbh getting ICT to the SC Final is undoubtedly an achievement.

However 5 points from 30 and no wins since 14 February is hardly outstanding. In fact it's reminiscent of the run he had Hibs on when it started to go badly downhill.

i know, but it's an award for the season as a whole. In all likelihood, they're going to finish third and win the Scottish Cup. No mean achievement considering the resources and Fan base.

berwickhibee
04-05-2015, 08:24 AM
i know, but it's an award for the season as a whole. In all likelihood, they're going to finish third and win the Scottish Cup. No mean achievement considering the resources and Fan base.

spot on, wish hibs were 3rd in the top league and into a cup final,in stubbs we trust to deliver :thumbsup:

high bee
04-05-2015, 08:29 AM
spot on, wish hibs were 3rd in the top league and into a cup final,in stubbs we trust to deliver :thumbsup:

Yeah but we're 2nd so that a better achievement. Which league is irrelevant, just ask hertz, they've celebrated the division 1 title like a champions league win.

Can't wait to hear them tell us about their special relationship with Celtic, Chelsea etc, and how Aberdeen are a wee team for finishing 2nd.

AndyM_1875
04-05-2015, 08:37 AM

There must have been a lot of pressure to give the award to Deila but, IMO, Yogi deserves it a lot more.

Yogi deserves it.
He operates on a tiny budget for a team that gets crowds of 3-4000 in a town that still sees more buses set off for Parkhead and Ibrox than actually watch matches at the Caledonian Stadium. That same club never posts losses and cuts their cloth accordingly. He has taken Inverness to third in the table and the Scottish Cup final. and will take Inverness into Europe for the first time.
Why would anyone else come into the reckoning?

Delia has ten to fifteen times the budget of every other club and didn't win the treble and frankly was an embarrassment in Europe. McInnes consolidated so well done to him but his budget dwarfs Yogi's. Neilson has done well in the second tier but it is the second division and I'm not having the MOTY being awarded for consistently putting teams of tradesmen away.

Big_Franck
04-05-2015, 09:08 AM
Right choice IMO. Well done to Yogi, just hope his team pump Houston's Falkirk in the final now.

blackpoolhibs
04-05-2015, 01:22 PM

When Hughes was at Hibs, his team were third but it was not good enough for some. :confused:

We've got a long way to go to reach those dizzy heights, please god Stubbs can get us back there and into Europe again through our league position.

Well done Yogi, i just wish you'd received this award with us.

Bostonhibby
04-05-2015, 01:49 PM
Yep, well done Yogi, if only it had been at Hibs.

Award winning, and hopefully soon to be cup winning folk ken wots going on. :wink:

Allant1981
04-05-2015, 04:53 PM
Shelly kerr presented him with the award, good player when she played and now a very good coach

edwards
04-05-2015, 04:58 PM
Well done Yogi and all the best in the final will be backing ICT and hope the team wins it for you. :wink:

PISTOL1875
04-05-2015, 05:00 PM
Yogi winning this award is yet another example of Scottish Football rewarding mediocrity..

Eyrie
04-05-2015, 06:51 PM
Yogi winning this award is yet another example of Scottish Football rewarding mediocrity..

So who would you have given it to?

Hughes has overachieved the most on limited resources which makes him the deserving winner.

Stranraer
04-05-2015, 06:53 PM
Very pleased for Yogi - I hope he can win the Scottish Cup too. As others have said it would be a huge achievement. Good for him :aok:

erin go bragh
04-05-2015, 07:12 PM

Yogi has won nothing yet . Did the pwick Butcher not take ICT to a cup final and were 2nd at one point .

GGTTH

Sir David Gray
04-05-2015, 07:18 PM

Hardly.

Inverness are one of the smallest clubs in the Premiership and will probably have one of the smallest budgets in the league as well.

Despite that, they are third in the Premiership and are favourites to lift the Scottish Cup in a few weeks' time. I would hardly describe that as rewarding mediocrity.

banarc7062
04-05-2015, 07:21 PM
Yogi deserves it.
He operates on a tiny budget for a team that gets crowds of 3-4000 in a town that still sees more buses set off for Parkhead and Ibrox than actually watch matches at the Caledonian Stadium. That same club never posts losses and cuts their cloth accordingly. He has taken Inverness to third in the table and the Scottish Cup final. and will take Inverness into Europe for the first time.
Why would anyone else come into the reckoning?

Delia has ten to fifteen times the budget of every other club and didn't win the treble and frankly was an embarrassment in Europe. McInnes consolidated so well done to him but his budget dwarfs Yogi's. Neilson has done well in the second tier but it is the second division and I'm not having the MOTY being awarded for consistently putting teams of tradesmen away.

I agree with these comments. Well done Yogi now go lift the Cup.

Keith_M
01-06-2015, 11:28 AM
Surely now those who thought he wasn't deserving of the Manager of the Season award have changed their minds?

:dunno:

GreenArmyyy!
01-06-2015, 11:38 AM
Surely now those who thought he wasn't deserving of the Manager of the Season award have changed their minds?

:dunno:

They must have, for a club with an average support of just over 2000 to finish 3rd in the Premiership and win the Scottish cup is a tremendous achievement. Well done to Yogi and Latapy!

Northernhibee
01-06-2015, 12:00 PM
Puts to bed the whole "Butcher overachieved at Caley" myth too.

Scott Allan Key
01-06-2015, 12:50 PM
Well done to Yogi and proud I had you as a neighbour for a while in Leith. Just a pity I hadn't known Latapy, Yorke and Lara were downstairs one evening...

HUTCHYHIBBY
01-06-2015, 01:01 PM
Shelly kerr presented him with the award, good player when she played and now a very good coach

Is she Juan's sister?