PDA

View Full Version : NHC Dutch Cup Final - FC Groningen v PEC Zwolle

FranckSuzy
03-05-2015, 10:27 PM
There's a healthy contingent of Hibs fans in Groningen so I'm delighted for them today as their team won the Dutch Cup 2-0 :thumbsup: They play in green and white and both goals were scored by someone called Albert so it was especially fitting :wink:

More than 20 of them made the trip over here in March and took in the game vs Cowdenbeath, then joined fellow St. Pats members for the annual St. Pats night in the Hibs Club.

Keith_M
04-05-2015, 08:20 AM
Indeed, congratulations.

Incidentally, do we have some kind of informal link-up with Fans from a Danish team? I'm sure I remember meeting some of them before the last Cup Final.

As an aside, they were all about 8 feet tall.....

Phil MaGlass
04-05-2015, 08:26 AM
When we played Rot Weiss Essen a few years back they took about 100+/- and a pipe band with them to the game, know all the Hibs songs tae.
well done Groningen

pacorosssco
04-05-2015, 08:49 AM
Well done indeed. Frst time to boot. A collegue is from Groningen and was at the game with his brother and Son. I gave him a Hibs pin badge to wear. Despite this they won the Cup.

lord bunberry
04-05-2015, 08:56 AM
Well done indeed. Frst time to boot. A collegue is from Groningen and was at the game with his brother and Son. I gave him a Hibs pin badge to wear. Despite this they won the Cup.
Any chance of getting that badge back, I'm getting desperate now :greengrin

tigerted
04-05-2015, 09:48 PM
If you follow the link here, you will see that Gordon McKinley, Secretary of St.Patrick's Branch (aka Big G.) was at the game with fellow members Daz, Just Krijn, Mike Weddell and 20+ Groningen / St. Pat's members. When the fans were leaving after the game, Big G. was one of the few fans interviewed by the Dutch National TV Station "RTV Noord" and he tells them about Hibernian F.C.

http://www.rtvnoord.nl/gemist/gemist.asp?v=34736

If you scroll 48 minutes in to the video, you will find him.

p.s. Works okay scrolling forward on your mobile, but sometimes not on the PC?

See this link also: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bWcTZRnnEYo (fans enjoying themselves in Groningen)

:flag::hibees:gwa::hnet: