PDA

View Full Version : Tom Soares

heretoday
03-05-2015, 08:59 AM
Tom Soares lately of this parish (on loan) was seen securing promotion for Bury yesterday with a dynamic goal.

I can't remember him very well but then so much of what occurred in his era has been psychologically wiped clean.

Winston Ingram
03-05-2015, 09:17 AM
Tom Soares lately of this parish (on loan) was seen securing promotion for Bury yesterday with a dynamic goal.

I can't remember him very well but then so much of what occurred in his era has been psychologically wiped clean.

Not much to remember. Scored a couple at Kilmarnock and imposter in the cup final v Hearts

Andy74
03-05-2015, 09:48 AM

He was better than we had when he arrived. That was the main point in him being here for a while.

emerald green
03-05-2015, 10:17 AM
Tom who? What did he do at ER? Anything of note?

TheFamous1875
03-05-2015, 10:28 AM
Tom who? What did he do at ER? Anything of note?

He didn't do **** all in the final, so I suppose that's of note.

emerald green
03-05-2015, 10:32 AM
He didn't do **** all in the final, so I suppose that's of note.

Correct. Him and several others.

Hibby Bairn
03-05-2015, 10:40 AM
He was better than we had when he arrived. That was the main point in him being here for a while.

Played in cup final ahead of David Wotherspoon. Was he really better?

Andy74
03-05-2015, 10:41 AM

Yes.

NORTHERNHIBBY
03-05-2015, 10:55 AM
Soares was the epitome of some of the loanees during that time. Came up as the big-I-am's, but once our poor wee league found them out, suddenly, it was all a huge laugh and they were only here for the beer.

J-C
03-05-2015, 11:02 AM
Technically very good but a very lazy 2 stone overweight so called professional.

MWHIBBIES
03-05-2015, 11:04 AM
Played in cup final ahead of David Wotherspoon. Was he really better?Definitely why we lost, if only Wotherspoon was playing.

brog
03-05-2015, 11:06 AM
I saw Soares quite often when he broke through at Palace but I believed him to be over rated then, even when Stoke paid £1.3m for him. I think I posted to that effect when he signed. He's a reasonable player who's now probably found his level. He did ok for us, I remember his 2 goals at Killie, & I wish him well for the future.

Hibby Bairn
03-05-2015, 11:08 AM
Definitely why we lost, if only Wotherspoon was playing.

i wasn't debating why we lost. I was asking if Soares was really a better player than Wotherspoon.

ekhibee
03-05-2015, 11:44 AM
I saw Soares quite often when he broke through at Palace but I believed him to be over rated then, even when Stoke paid £1.3m for him. I think I posted to that effect when he signed. He's a reasonable player who's now probably found his level. He did ok for us, I remember his 2 goals at Killie, & I wish him well for the future.
Good post brog, agree with all of it.

SunshineOnLeith
03-05-2015, 11:45 AM
Soares was a classic example of what can happen when a young player gets a huge contract and thinks they've 'made it', so stop putting in the hard graft to keep developing as a player. Was he not on upwards of £30k a week when we had him on loan? Mental.

tamig
03-05-2015, 12:27 PM
Soares was the epitome of some of the loanees during that time. Came up as the big-I-am's, but once our poor wee league found them out, suddenly, it was all a huge laugh and they were only here for the beer.
Is that right? Do you know he was only here for the beer? Ridiculous statement.

keep the faith
03-05-2015, 12:32 PM
Soares was for me the MOTM in the relegation decider against dunfermline at ER. Outstanding that night.

He wasn't the answer, but was no way as bad as some make out. His attatchment to that whole year of loans and that cup final mean he will never be looked back at fondly.

Not the worst by any means though.

NORTHERNHIBBY
03-05-2015, 12:44 PM
Is that right? Do you know he was only here for the beer? Ridiculous statement.

Settle petal. Point i am making is that i don't think the likes of him and that Doherty sort, showed the professionalism that you should have whether you play for Brechin or Barcelona. But that is only my opinion.

tamig
03-05-2015, 01:43 PM
Settle petal. Point i am making is that i don't think the likes of him and that Doherty sort, showed the professionalism that you should have whether you play for Brechin or Barcelona. But that is only my opinion.

So you're talking about Matt Doherty then? That's fair enough but unfair tarring Soares with the same brush. Just because they all arrived together doesn't mean they were all of the same ilk.

Andy74
03-05-2015, 02:14 PM
So you're talking about Matt Doherty then? That's fair enough but unfair tarring Soares with the same brush. Just because they all arrived together doesn't mean they were all of the same ilk.

Doherty was also very decent for us. Knob or not.

iwasthere1972
03-05-2015, 02:23 PM
Best not forget that we are talking Bury and the English League 2 (fourth division in old money).

He's probably about where he should be as he didn't do much for us.

If only Stubbsy had been around then. We didn't half sign some nobodies back then.

cabbageandribs1875
03-05-2015, 02:46 PM
soares had quite a bit of skill about him, just didn't use it often enough whilst at ER unfortunately

Thecat23
03-05-2015, 02:48 PM
Soares was crap in a crap Hibs team.

Next......

iwasthere1972
03-05-2015, 02:50 PM

Next......

Akpo Sodje. :stirrer:

Thecat23
03-05-2015, 02:56 PM
Akpo Sodje. :stirrer:

Akpo Sodge was a crap player in a crap Hibs team.

Next... [emoji6]

iwasthere1972
03-05-2015, 03:02 PM
Akpo Sodge was a crap player in a crap Hibs team.

Next... [emoji6]

Will you be on here for a while? :greengrin

emerald green
03-05-2015, 03:10 PM
Doherty was also very decent for us. Knob or not.

I suppose it depends on what you consider "very decent". I happen to think he was very average, at best. His attitude stank too. IMHO.

Next......

Crap and not really interested. IMHO again of course.

Onceinawhile
03-05-2015, 04:03 PM
one of his goals vs Killie at Rugby Park was an absolute worldie.

Baldy Foghorn
03-05-2015, 04:06 PM
one of his goals vs Killie at Rugby Park was an absolute worldie.

Same with Roy O'Donovan.....

Bishop Hibee
03-05-2015, 04:07 PM

Next......

This 100%.

3pm
03-05-2015, 04:16 PM
I cannot stand Soares. You can add Osbourne as well.

A pair of jokers. Matt Doherty by and large played well, RO'D was pish which isn't his fault but they two had far more ability than they showed.

I still remember the brother-in-law reading. Tweet from Soares after the Hearts debacle saying we could comment on his ability but not his work ethic as that was never in doubt. Stupid arse has it the wrong way about unless he thinks 3 seasons in England's lower leagues is his level.

portyhibernian
03-05-2015, 05:44 PM
Doherty was an ok player, but I've never witnessed such levels of ********ry like his interview after that cup final.

Alfred E Newman
03-05-2015, 05:54 PM
Had forgotten he was ever here and will quickly forget again.

03-05-2015, 07:17 PM

Exactly, far too many gutless nobodies who, like you quite rightly said thought they were too big for hibs. The likes of Matt Docherty etc. simply couldn't give a **** (as i'm sure he stated on twitter after the 2012 final), they embarrassed the club, collected their final pay packets then ****ed off without the slightest care.

Smartie
03-05-2015, 07:31 PM
Soares, Doherty, O'Donovan and Kujabi were crap players in a crap Hibs team.

They were also an improvement on what was already there so over the piece they were all worthwhile signings.

They'd all get a bit more respect on here if they'd have managed to lose that semi against Aberdeen rather than win it.

Hiber-nation
03-05-2015, 07:51 PM
They'd all get a bit more respect on here if they'd have managed to lose that semi against Aberdeen rather than win it.

That is so true.

Hibee Ryan
03-05-2015, 11:07 PM
Thought Tom Soares was a okay player for us but did look like he could be a decent SPL player, came from Stoke where he hadn't played any football for about two or three years so was well overweight but showed some class especially against Killie

ehf
03-05-2015, 11:26 PM
I cannot stand Soares. You can add Osbourne as well.

A pair of jokers. Matt Doherty by and large played well, RO'D was pish which isn't his fault but they two had far more ability than they showed.

I still remember the brother-in-law reading. Tweet from Soares after the Hearts debacle saying we could comment on his ability but not his work ethic as that was never in doubt. Stupid arse has it the wrong way about unless he thinks 3 seasons in England's lower leagues is his level.

Osbourne was class and several years before that.

Sir David Gray
03-05-2015, 11:29 PM

Osbourne signed at the same time as Soares.

They both played for Hibs in 2011-12.

truehibernian
03-05-2015, 11:40 PM
Doherty was an ok player, but I've never witnessed such levels of ********ry like his interview after that cup final.

......he reached the Premiership yet :cb

David Gray v Matt Doherty...........like comparing a bottle of nice Malbec with a bottle of White Lightning........Doherty was an utter disgrace !

3pm
04-05-2015, 05:53 AM

We both have different definitions of class. Spells at Blackpool and S****horpe suggest he isn't.

Ronniekirk
04-05-2015, 06:21 AM
Not much to remember. Scored a couple at Kilmarnock and imposter in the cup final v Hearts
One of them at Killie was a cracker, but was injury prone so suspect yet another player we didn't see the best of

superfurryhibby
04-05-2015, 06:59 AM

Wothersppon was treated disgracefully by Fenlon. He was a decent player and deserved better than being bumped from two finals in a row. I was pleased for him when St Johnstone won the cup.

Soares, barely noticed him. Probably not the worst of the loanees.

Baldy Foghorn
04-05-2015, 07:36 PM

I thought he was awful, opinions eh?

Broken Gnome
04-05-2015, 07:43 PM

That imposter is the only player to assist a Hibs Scottish Cup final goal in over 35 years....

HUTCHYHIBBY
04-05-2015, 07:48 PM
That imposter is the only player to assist a Hibs Scottish Cup final goal in over 35 years....

Whats your point?

Broken Gnome
04-05-2015, 07:49 PM
Whats your point?

That it's a (un)funny old game.

Bishop Hibee
04-05-2015, 07:54 PM

Aye football dunce of the class. Utterly rank footballer. In my worst ever Hibs XI.