PDA

View Full Version : Play off tickets

Stoney Hibee
03-05-2015, 07:46 AM
the date of our first play off game, which I think will be away to either queens or Rangers, is going to make getting tickets difficult. The winner of that game won't be known until the Sunday night and the game is on Wednesday evening.

this makes it unlikely they will have to time to sell tickets online, so for out of town fans it is going to be very difficult to get tickets.

Billy Whizz
03-05-2015, 07:50 AM
the date of our first play off game, which I think will be away to either queens or Rangers, is going to make getting tickets difficult. The winner of that game won't be known until the Sunday night and the game is on Wednesday evening.

this makes it unlikely they will have to time to sell tickets online, so for out of town fans it is going to be very difficult to get tickets.

Was thinking of that, I'm sure we'll at least agree an allocation in advance with either team though.
We should be able to put tickets for the home leg on sale as soon as possible, for at least 3 stands, to ensure we sell them out quickly.
Think we had a similar timescale for the Hamilton play off, away game last season, was it a Wednesday or a Thursday?

Cool_Hand_Luke
03-05-2015, 08:05 AM
Is it not the following Wednesday...giving a week and a half?

AFKA5814_Hibs
03-05-2015, 08:08 AM
Is it not the following Wednesday...giving a week and a half?

No. 3 days between those games.

B.H.F.C
03-05-2015, 09:05 AM
Similar happened last year where we only knew we'd play Hamiltona few days before. I think you could buy online on a collection only basis.

DH1875
03-05-2015, 09:55 AM
Really hope we are in talks with both teams already cause IF its the rangers they can stuff their 900 tickets. Want at least 4k/5k off them.

Argylehibby
03-05-2015, 10:28 AM
Really hope we are in talks with both teams already cause IF its the rangers they can stuff their 900 tickets. Want at least 4k/5k off them.

It's not a cup tie so we can't demand a decent allocation. Last I heard (at a WT meeting) was we would only get the 900.

essexhibee
03-05-2015, 10:30 AM
Whats the likelihood of tickets for the second home leg of going on general sale? Im on the database and looking to book flights to come up.

S4uzee
03-05-2015, 10:43 AM
It's not a cup tie so we can't demand a decent allocation. Last I heard (at a WT meeting) was we would only get the 900.

If that is the case then surely we don't give them the full south stand

HH81
03-05-2015, 10:53 AM
Whats the likelihood of tickets for the second home leg of going on general sale? Im on the database and looking to book flights to come up.

Home tickets will be on general sale.

we are hibs
03-05-2015, 10:58 AM

If that's the case we should tell them to ram it if they want the full away end at ER, give them 900 and put them in the top tier away from the pitch. **** them

superfurryhibby
03-05-2015, 11:00 AM
If that is the case then surely we don't give them the full south stand

We should give them the same equivalent % of seats as they give us, assuming they beat Queens. Would that not be fair? Now what's a 50th of 20,000? **** the Huns.

Hibby70
03-05-2015, 11:26 AM
We'd lose about 20k if we only gave the Huns 1000 tickets (and didn't sell any tickets ourselves for the south) - at £15 a ticket.

That's a price worth paying I reckon.

seanshow
03-05-2015, 11:27 AM
We should give them the same equivalent % of seats as they give us, assuming they beat Queens. Would that not be fair? Now what's a 50th of 20,000? **** the Huns.

The equivalent % at ER would be 400 tickets in the south stand for sevconians......
It's only worth doing if 19.5K Hibees will put there hand in their pockets and buy tickets to fill the stadium. :cb
We need a Aek Athens type turn out for that to happen

macca70
03-05-2015, 11:36 AM
The equivalent % at ER would be 400 tickets in the south stand for sevconians......
It's only worth doing if 19.5K Hibees will put there hand in their pockets and buy tickets to fill the stadium. :cb
We need a Aek Athens type turn out for that to happen

With the leagues decision to not allow season tickets in and all the other teams getting a percentage of the gate, I think we should be giving Rangers (if they beat QOS) the absolute minimum we need to.

A full South Stand of away fans can generate quite a noise therefore disadvantaging Hibs, I'd rather see it half empty than full of them signing their bigoted nonsense.

If Hibs were keeping the whole gate money, I'd say let them fill it but we're not so the amount we'd lose out on probably minimal and would be more advantageous to have the least amount of rangers fans as possible.

GreenCastle
03-05-2015, 11:50 AM
Few things need to happen..

Hibs need to make a statement if ST holders are getting this game as part of their current season ticket. (As far as I am aware they haven't yet?).

They need to put them on sale either way and give fans as much time as possible to sell this out.

Away end - 100% agree - give the opposition the upper South and as few tickets as possible.

This would need some bottle from the club but could really give us an advantage. Ok against Hamilton it didn't happen but a full south stand can make noise. Wouldn't even be bothered if the whole stand was empty except small section of away fans.

Come on Hibs sort it out !

Keith_M
03-05-2015, 11:52 AM
Didn't we get about 18k Hibs Fans at least year's Play Off?

Tynie01011973
03-05-2015, 12:14 PM

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27464444

Attendance given as 18,031

Skol
03-05-2015, 12:17 PM
You can print tickets at home now.

H18sry
03-05-2015, 12:23 PM
Hibs need to come out tomorrow and make the statement

"We will give the opposition for our play off game at Easter Road,the same percentage of the ground that we receive from our opponents up to a maximum of 4200 fans the capacity of the South stand"

And that way there is no confusion.

HH81
03-05-2015, 12:23 PM
As you have to give 50% to the authority then we should match the tickets other clubs give us.

GreenCastle
03-05-2015, 12:27 PM
Would we take 4000 through to possibly ibrox on a Wednesday night?

CallumLaidlaw
03-05-2015, 12:32 PM

I reckon we would in this situation. Everyone that was there yesterday would want a ticket I bet

Sir David Gray
03-05-2015, 12:38 PM

"We will give the opposition for our play off game at Easter Road,the same percentage of the ground that we receive from our opponents up to a maximum of 4200 fans the capacity of the South stand"

The south stand is approximately 20% of the capacity of Easter Road.

That would be mean that we would give Queen of the South the entire south stand (as they would give us much more than 20% of Palmerston) but Sevco would need to give us approximately 10,000 tickets for Ibrox if they were to match the percentage of seats that they would get at Easter Road.

If we get the entire Broomloan stand (which is highly unlikely but you never know) I believe that holds around 8000 people and so we would only be giving them just over 3000 tickets for the south stand.

It wouldn't surprise me if we got a maximum of 2000 tickets for Ibrox though, if Sevco beat Queen of the South.

Sir David Gray
03-05-2015, 12:39 PM

Yes.

Scouse Hibee
03-05-2015, 01:16 PM
I reckon we would in this situation. Everyone that was there yesterday would want a ticket I bet

I was there yesterday but will be nowhere near Ibrox, hate the place, their fans and the whole Ibrox away fans experience. TV for me.

CallumLaidlaw
03-05-2015, 01:19 PM
I was there yesterday but will be nowhere near Ibrox, hate the place, their fans and the whole Ibrox away fans experience. TV for me.

I was there for the recent 2-0 win, and was previously there for the 3-0 cup win. That was a much better experience due to getting the whole broomloan

iwasthere1972
03-05-2015, 02:10 PM

It was free to season ticket holders but even then I think most would still turn up and pay if we got charged this time. If we get past The Rangers or QOS then I can't see any reason for us not having a full house for the match against Motherwell. After all it would be a final.

Sir David Gray
03-05-2015, 02:15 PM
It was free to season ticket holders but even then I think most would still turn up and pay if we got charged this time. If we get past The Rangers or QOS then I can't see any reason for us not having a full house for the match against Motherwell. After all it would be a final.

Easter Road would be a sell out if we get through to the final play off round.

iwasthere1972
03-05-2015, 02:16 PM

I thought the South Stand was under 4,000. Maybe about 3.900.

bod
03-05-2015, 02:22 PM

the printers will be on double time for the sunday night shift.
tickets on sale Monday then posted @ 5pm with royal mails super duper next day service for a whopping/rip off 6 quid
tickets delivered on the Tuesday

emerald green
03-05-2015, 03:25 PM
Is there any chance of not giving the newco any tickets at all for ER (should they overcome QOS)?

Baldy Foghorn
03-05-2015, 03:27 PM

Why? We rarely sell our allocation at Ibrox, it's a Wednesday and live on the box.... Do you really think we would take 4 or 5 times our usual allocation? Assuming that they beat QOTS of course

marinello59
03-05-2015, 03:37 PM
the printers will be on double time for the sunday night shift.
tickets on sale Monday then posted @ 5pm with royal mails super duper next day service for a whopping/rip off 6 quid
tickets delivered on the Tuesday

I am pretty sure there was no postal option for the Hamilton game last year so don't expect there to be one this time round. Special delivery ain't much good if you aren't in to get your delivery anyway.

Sir David Gray
03-05-2015, 03:41 PM
Why? We rarely sell our allocation at Ibrox, it's a Wednesday and live on the box.... Do you really think we would take 4 or 5 times our usual allocation? Assuming that they beat QOTS of course

I reckon that the small allocation is what puts a lot of people off.

The gap between the two sets of fans is ridiculously small and that leads to some pretty unsavoury behaviour at times between the two sets of fans.

If we had a larger allocation, and therefore the segregation was wider, then I think that would encourage more people to go. Safety in numbers and all that.

I don't think the fact that it's on TV and on a Wednesday night will make much of a difference to be honest. It's a different sort of game from a league match, given that it's a play off and it's an opportunity to enhance our chances of promotion and to condemn them to another season in the Championship at the same time.

iwasthere1972
03-05-2015, 03:44 PM
Just heard that tickets will be hand delivered by Leanne and her delivery boy Rodders in plenty time for the match. So no panic.

marinello59
03-05-2015, 03:46 PM
Just heard that tickets will be hand delivered by Leanne and her delivery boy Rodders in plenty time for the match. So no panic.

Hilarious.

3pm
03-05-2015, 03:50 PM
I am pretty sure there was no postal option for the Hamilton game last year so don't expect there to be one this time round. Special delivery ain't much good if you aren't in to get your delivery anyway.

I think ticket office times were extended last year if I recall.

marinello59
03-05-2015, 03:54 PM
I think ticket office times were extended last year if I recall.

Aye, I think they were which helped a lot. If you are not within reasonable travelling distance though you are still pretty stuffed.

Baldy Foghorn
03-05-2015, 03:57 PM
Aye, I think they were which helped a lot. If you are not within reasonable travelling distance though you are still pretty stuffed.

Does make the closeness of the ties, an inconvenience......

3pm
03-05-2015, 04:00 PM
Does make the closeness of the ties, an inconvenience......

Could we not make provisions to collect at the ground?

marinello59
03-05-2015, 04:02 PM
Could we not make provisions to collect at the ground?

That's certainly worth suggesting to the club.

Scouse Hibee
03-05-2015, 04:03 PM
About time clubs had machines like train stations where you can collect at location using card you paid with.

Bishop Hibee
03-05-2015, 04:14 PM

ST holders like myself who only go to 'big' away games will be trying to get a ticket for the away leg of the play off. Last time I was at Ibrox was the 0-3 cup game. I reckon we could take 4k no bother. We won't get that many tickets though, assuming the Rangers get through.

iwasthere1972
03-05-2015, 04:16 PM
Tickets for the Hamilton away leg went on sale at 10am on Monday 21 May for the match on Wednesday 23 May. I bought mine online at work that morning (10.07am - got in quick) and i must have collected it from Easter Road either later that day or the following day.

GreenCastle
03-05-2015, 04:17 PM
Come on Hibs..give our playoff opponents only a handful of tickets ! You know it makes sense !

Argylehibby
03-05-2015, 04:23 PM
ST holders like myself who only go to 'big' away games will be trying to get a ticket for the away leg of the play off. Last time I was at Ibrox was the 0-3 cup game. I reckon we could take 4k no bother. We won't get that many tickets though, assuming the Rangers get through.

The play off's are the reason the loyalty points were rushed in this season. The iPox tickets I suspect will be issued based on loyalty points held.

PatHead
03-05-2015, 04:23 PM
We should put our home tickets on sale now. It doesn't matter to me who the opponents will be to most fans. That would give much more time for distribution.

We could sell half the visitors stand to home fans as well to prove we are not biased. It would affect both QoS and Sevco the same.

iwasthere1972
03-05-2015, 04:26 PM
Come on Hibs..give our playoff opponents only a handful of tickets ! You know it makes sense !

Not financial sense. That's all very well If 20,000 Hibs fans are going to turn up but I find that highly unlikely with the games also being televised.

iwasthere1972
03-05-2015, 04:29 PM
We should put our home tickets on sale now. It doesn't matter to me who the opponents will be to most fans. That would give much more time for distribution.

We could sell half the visitors stand to home fans as well to prove we are not biased. It would affect both QoS and Sevco the same.

I don't know what the rules are in Hibs selling tickets that would basically say Hibernian v Opponents but would appear to make sense. If it doesn't contravene Trading Standard laws then why not.

greenlex
03-05-2015, 04:36 PM
There is no chance we will take 4k to Ibrox on a wed night play off or not.

ekhibee
03-05-2015, 04:37 PM
Maybe someone could enlighten me about this. I'm sure I read somewhere that the price of tickets was going to be £15, but it might be variable according to Sevco making through to play us? Still think it's wrong that ST's can't be used but that's a seperate issue.

TheMentalHibees
03-05-2015, 04:44 PM
Will people who have bought STs for next season get priority for the away leg(s)?

Sir David Gray
03-05-2015, 04:46 PM
Will people who have bought STs for next season get priority for the away leg(s)?

It will be based on loyalty points so those who have a season ticket for this season and who have also bought one for next season will get priority.

CallumLaidlaw
03-05-2015, 05:05 PM
Maybe someone could enlighten me about this. I'm sure I read somewhere that the price of tickets was going to be £15, but it might be variable according to Sevco making through to play us? Still think it's wrong that ST's can't be used but that's a seperate issue.

The minimum costs are £15 for adults and £10 for concessions set by the SPFL. The clubs can of course choose to charge more than that

Billy Whizz
03-05-2015, 05:24 PM
I don't know what the rules are in Hibs selling tickets that would basically say Hibernian v Opponents but would appear to make sense. If it doesn't contravene Trading Standard laws then why not.

Season ticket holders can just add the game to their card

Iggy Pope
03-05-2015, 05:32 PM

We did for the 85 LC Semi 2nd Leg......:wink:

iwasthere1972
03-05-2015, 05:33 PM
Season ticket holders can just add the game to their card

I know. I was thinking more along the lines of could we get away with not saying who the opponents are?

It would be almost like the O2 selling tickets to punters and not saying whether the act is One Direction or Susan Boyle. One Direction could of course be The Rangers and we could get Susan Boyle to sing when the game is over.

3pm
03-05-2015, 05:38 PM
I know. I was thinking more along the lines of could we get away with not saying who the opponents are?

It would be almost like the O2 selling tickets to punters and not saying whether the act is One Direction or Susan Boyle. One Direction could of course be The Rangers and we could get Susan Boyle to sing when the game is over.

But you'd still buy the ticket knowing it would be one or the other. It's a gamble.

Sir David Gray
03-05-2015, 05:39 PM

It's not quite the same.

You would be buying a ticket for a play off match at Easter Road involving Hibs and that's guaranteed.

iwasthere1972
03-05-2015, 05:44 PM
But you'd still buy the ticket knowing it would be one or the other. It's a gamble.

I don't see it as a gamble. Doesn't matter to me (and i don't think it would matter to any Hibs fan) whether it's The Rangers or Queen of the South. It's a play off game which if we win over two legs we go a step further to getting back to where we belong.

My O2 comparison wasn't really a good one but I am still not sure if we can sell tickets for a match without saying who the opponents are. I'm just thinking along the lines of Trading Standards. Unless the ticket says v The Rangers or QoTS.

Canon Hannan
03-05-2015, 05:58 PM

We could sell 18,000 tickets if the costs are ok - say £15 and £5 like Hampden recently. If we charge £28 then forget it.

Come on Hibs fill the stadium and don't over charge. £28 will knock 5000 off I reckon.

Brooster
03-05-2015, 06:00 PM
Some folk are getting in a right tizz about this. It will either be free or £15 and everyone who wants to go will be able to. Personally I think it should be £15 rather than the club be out of pocket.

Hibeesforever
03-05-2015, 06:11 PM

No chance, we would not take 4k to Ibrox you mean.
Full Broomloan stand should be the club's request. Sporting Integrity!

Baldy Foghorn
03-05-2015, 06:20 PM
No chance, we would not take 4k to Ibrox you mean.
Full Broomloan stand should be the club's request. Sporting Integrity!

The rangers have no obligation to give us any more tickets over and above our usual allocation. Not sure why you mention sporting integrity?

AlbertK86
03-05-2015, 06:25 PM
We did for the 85 LC Semi 2nd Leg......:wink:

We did indeed but half never got in til nearly half time due to hold ups on the M8

We got in on time after getting thro sharp for a couple of beers

Total nail biter of a night

Fantastic atmosphere at full time

DH1875
03-05-2015, 07:10 PM

Our games at Ibrox have sold out this season. Plenty Hibs fans who wanted to go couldnt get tickets (me for one). Do we normally take 4k fans to Falkirk? This isnt a normal game and of course the fans will want to go see it (again, me for one). Think we could see 4k fans there no probs.

Hibeesforever
03-05-2015, 08:47 PM
The rangers have no obligation to give us any more tickets over and above our usual allocation. Not sure why you mention sporting integrity?
For years Hibs have given the Old Firm more tickets than we should. Due to our own desire to generate more cash.
"Sporting integrity" was a Hibs coined phase that is now commonly used in the game. It is the fans game, Ibrox holds 50,000, so we should get a fair proportion. 8k is not unreasonable. Rangers will not sell out. £15 an adult would be a fair price for fans to pay.

Baldy Foghorn
03-05-2015, 08:53 PM
For years Hibs have given the Old Firm more tickets than we should. Due to our own desire to generate more cash.
"Sporting integrity" was a Hibs coined phase that is now commonly used in the game. It is the fans game, Ibrox holds 50,000, so we should get a fair proportion. 8k is not unreasonable. Rangers will not sell out. £15 an adult would be a fair price for fans to pay.

Due to our inability to sell out our own Stadium......

No matter what Ibrox holds, they are not obliged to give us anymore than the usual

CallumLaidlaw
03-05-2015, 08:55 PM
Apparently Dempster told people in BTG last week that we were already in negotiations with Rangers to try and get a better allocation if we play them

Baldy Foghorn
03-05-2015, 08:59 PM
Apparently Dempster told people in BTG last week that we were already in negotiations with Rangers to try and get a better allocation if we play them

Can see the rangers playing hardball on this one....

CallumLaidlaw
03-05-2015, 09:00 PM
Can see the rangers playing hardball on this one....

I'm sure when I read it, they said Dempster was also playing hardball and was prepared to give them less tickets if they didn't work with us

Sir David Gray
03-05-2015, 09:02 PM
I'm sure when I read it, they said Dempster was so playing hardball and was prepared to give them less tickets if they didn't work with us

Good.

900 tickets at Ibrox for us should mean 400 tickets at Easter Road for them.

I hope this isn't even relevant anyway as I hope Queen of the South stuff them.

BoomtownHibees
03-05-2015, 09:06 PM

I asked her the question and she told me that she was already in negotiations with The Rangers as wanted to come to a compromise. Said in not so many words that if we only get the 900 then she would look to reduce their allocation.

GreenCastle
03-05-2015, 09:08 PM
If sevco do beat QOS - then I can see the orcs selling out ibrox - they know how important it would be for them to get promoted.

Bottom line Hibs should give them 900 tickets for South Upper. Keep them away from lower level and behind the goals.

Hibs should put tickets on sale tomorrow - QOS or sevco - surely Hibs fans will go and back our team not worrying about the opposition. Tickets also need to be £15 max for adults. Any more and crowd won't sell out .

scoopyboy
03-05-2015, 09:14 PM

An argument could also be made for we don't give them enough.

It's not as if we sell our three stands.

If you go back a few years ago they got the Dunbar end and the old south stand and enclosure.

I'm all for cutting the away allocation for Category A matches when we regularly sell out our own allocation, we are a long way off doing that though.

renato
03-05-2015, 09:24 PM
Can't believe some are suggesting we wouldn't be able to sell 4k for Ibrox (regardless of midweek and night game), should they get past QoS.

Trust LD to get a fair outcome for us and it's perfectly reasonable for us to cut their allocation if we don't get a large allocation at Ibrox, ourselves.

Whoever we play these games are just massive and we'll easily get close to a Hibs sellout for (hopefully) all 4 games, regardless of whether it's on TV or not.

Can't wait...

GreenCastle
03-05-2015, 09:25 PM
During a season playing them several times fine.

But during a one off big game I think Hibs should be doing everything possible to give us an advantage.

Plus can you imagine the carnage after the game if either team loses ? Less orcs may mean less trouble.

Frazerbob
03-05-2015, 09:27 PM
Pretty sure we've sold tickets for European ties in the past without knowing the outcome of the previous round due to time constraints.

PatHead
03-05-2015, 09:32 PM
Don't see any problem with issuing tickets for Hibs v QoS/ The Rangers as soon as possible. Would relieve some of the pressure on the ticket office staff in the run up to the game. Everyone buying one knows what they are getting.

Bit like a mystery tour.

Sir David Gray
03-05-2015, 09:36 PM
Don't see any problem with issuing tickets for Hibs v QoS/ The Rangers as soon as possible. Would relieve some of the pressure on the ticket office staff in the run up to the game. Everyone buying one knows what they are getting.

Bit like a mystery tour.

I'll be going to the match regardless of who we're playing so I would be happy to buy a ticket just now.

I don't see why any Hibs fan would be any different.

scoopyboy
03-05-2015, 09:47 PM
I'll be going to the match regardless of who we're playing so I would be happy to buy a ticket just now.

I don't see why any Hibs fan would be any different.

I don't see season ticket holders buying them just now until it's officially announced if they are valid or not.

I agree no reason why others couldn't buy just now.

Sir David Gray
03-05-2015, 09:49 PM
I don't see season ticket holders buying them just now until it's officially announced if they are valid or not.

I agree no reason why others couldn't buy just now.

True, I was just going on the assumption that season ticket holders will have to pay.

Hermit Crab
03-05-2015, 10:34 PM

No chance. The games are live on tv.

CallumLaidlaw
03-05-2015, 10:35 PM
I disagree. I think we could take 4000

Sir David Gray
03-05-2015, 10:40 PM

:agree: I reckon we would take that number without any problem to a play off match at Ibrox.

renato
03-05-2015, 10:40 PM
No chance. The games are live on tv.

All about opinions but I seem to recall you saying there was no chance we'd sellout an increased allocation for the Friday night game through there earlier this year.

The 900 sold quickly and there was definitely demand for the 2k allocation (or whatever the Yams got), if sevco / the police hadn't scuppered it.

My view is you're underestimating the demand and pull that such a massive game would have.

renato
03-05-2015, 10:42 PM
:agree: I reckon we would take that number without any problem to a play off match at Ibrox.

100%. If we get any allocation up to 4k, I'm willing to bet anyone (donation to Dnipro) that we'd sell it.

LaMotta
03-05-2015, 10:52 PM
100%. If we get any allocation up to 4k, I'm willing to bet anyone (donation to Dnipro) that we'd sell it.

We've been offered a larger than normal number of Tickets At Ibrox 3 times in the last 30 odd years. Each time we've taken more than 4000 fans through, so don't see why this time would be any different.

Hibernia&Alba
03-05-2015, 11:27 PM
If we were to get 900 for Ibrox (and I think they'll it find tough against Queens first) then they should get 400 for ER. IMO, we should take the financial hit if need be, as it's preferable to a big away support in such an important game. We want ER to be as unwelcoming to them as possible. Hunco allocation to be pro rata to how many they give us.

Hibeesmad
04-05-2015, 01:08 AM
I'm hoping that we sell out our home leg

woodyhfc4892
04-05-2015, 03:50 AM
I don't think we should be writing of QOS at the moment as we've seen previously they can rip the rangers apart on their own turf..

hailhail22
04-05-2015, 05:27 AM

Bit like a mystery tour.

Did hibs not do this a few years ago was it club 86 tickets ? You bought the ticket and it had for example hibs v Dundee utd / Motherwell and you chose what game you wanted to go to ? Could be wrong as I was very young maybe around 1996

SneakersO'Toole
04-05-2015, 07:28 AM
We took nearly 6k to castle greyskull for a SC match a few years ago. The play off match is far more important and if the ticket pricing was sensible, I could see us taking 3-4k through.

JimBHibees
04-05-2015, 07:50 AM
I don't think we should be writing of QOS at the moment as we've seen previously they can rip the rangers apart on their own turf..

Absolutely they are very well organised, can play and have dangerous players.

Keith_M
04-05-2015, 08:06 AM
So how many Tickets would we get for Palmerston?

Green Man
04-05-2015, 08:09 AM
I don't think there's a problem from a legal point of view in selling tickets before the opposition is known - this happens all the time with the likes of the Champions League final and international tournaments. We also have the cup top up which is sold before we know the opposition or even if we'll have any home ties.

high bee
04-05-2015, 08:19 AM
If it's Rangers we should sell them as little tickets as possible.

If it's QOTS we should consult them to give us as big an allocation as possible at Palmerston then decide how many tickets we give them based on that.

If we simply give them a tiny allocation from the offset they may do the same to us. As for rangers I wouldn't even bother speaking to them, just give them the legal
minimum.

Keith_M
04-05-2015, 08:25 AM
If it's Rangers we should sell them as little tickets as possible.

If it's QOTS we should consult them to give us as big an allocation as possible at Palmerston then decide how many tickets we give them based on that.

If we simply give them a tiny allocation from the offset they may do the same to us. As for rangers I wouldn't even bother speaking to them, just give them the legal
minimum.

I don't think there is a minimum requirement, so one section in the corner of the South Lower should do (not the Upper section or they'll be throwing stuff on any Hibbies below).

It's irrelevant anyway, cos QOS are gonna beat them.

Bobby's Cinema
04-05-2015, 09:02 AM
I don't think there's a problem from a legal point of view in selling tickets before the opposition is known - this happens all the time with the likes of the Champions League final and international tournaments. We also have the cup top up which is sold before we know the opposition or even if we'll have any home ties.
Did we not do this last year?

007 Mickey Weir
04-05-2015, 09:12 AM
Surely the 3 possible teams can all agree ticket pricing now. Then Hibs can start selling 3 home stands. Then if they sell out we can decide how the south stand is plot depending on who we have. But if sales go well we split the south 50/50. Or even 70/30 if the Huns only give us 900 tickets.

PatHead
04-05-2015, 11:18 AM
I think we should wait until the opponents are known before deciding how many tickets will be handed out to them. In the meantime I think we should start selling our tickets.

The 2 questions remain-
1. Do season ticket holders get in for free?
2. How much do we charge?

As a season ticket holder I would be happy to see us charge season ticket holders if it meant some of the money raised was used to keep Fyvie or Dylan or even to top up Scott Allan's contract and extend it further. The problem is we will only get a small percentage of any gate receipts due to the greed of Celtic and Aberdeen et al.

What does anyone think is a fair price?

Stuarty27
04-05-2015, 11:28 AM
Will the away tickets be based on loyalty points??

CallumLaidlaw
04-05-2015, 11:35 AM
I hope the clubs are sensible and make it the minimum of £15 for adults. This will help get a sell out.

Loyalty points are guaranteed to come into play - especially if it's rangers and they only give us the 952 they gave us last time

Winston Ingram
04-05-2015, 11:52 AM

Me too. I've always avoided Ibrox like the plague but I'd make an exception for this one

Big_Franck
04-05-2015, 12:14 PM
If we don't get 3-4k at Ibrox then we should give the rangers the absolute bare minimum for the game at Easter Road. I'd give them two blocks and happily take a small hit to limit the support the rangers players get.

That's providing they beat QOS obviously. I've noticed that bet365 have priced QOS at 3/1 to win the game at palmerston. They are offering 10/3 that QOS qualify as well. I can't see those prices lasting long :greengrin

Hermit Crab
04-05-2015, 07:48 PM
Will the away tickets be based on loyalty points??

Yes.

seanshow
04-05-2015, 10:12 PM
with the rangers & motherwell letting their season ticket holders in for free, and then we presume taking the fine from the spfl, What will be Hibs approach and QOS for that matter.

JimBHibees
05-05-2015, 07:19 AM
with the rangers & motherwell letting their season ticket holders in for free, and then we presume taking the fine from the spfl, What will be Hibs approach and QOS for that matter.

QOS have said they will charge as they can't afford to take the hit.

CallumLaidlaw
05-05-2015, 08:36 AM

I wouldn't bank on that just yet. the SPFL have written to the clubs and advised they cannot let ST holders in for free. I'm sure there's more to come from this story

seanshow
05-05-2015, 11:04 PM
If you visit the spfl official playoff page (which looks like a total budget school project webpage lol ) http://spfl.co.uk/playoffs/

..and visit ticket info for QOS V Rangers, its easier to find a ticket for aging rockers Status Quo at Palmerston, than it is to find a playoff ticket.

for the return leg at Castle greyskull there are still no tickets whatsoever.

Good old Scottish football at its amateurish best. :faf:

CallumLaidlaw
06-05-2015, 08:10 AM
Sensible enough pricing by QoS. Interesting to see the U16's prices. I thought the SPFL has made £10 the minimum concession. I hope we follow suit.

£16 Adults, £9 Concessions (over 65's & students), £5 Under 16's.

green&left
06-05-2015, 08:34 AM
Whats the script with The Rangers? They wanting to let ST holders in for free, and pay nothing to the SPFL? Or are they proposing they let ST holders in for free, and Rangers just take a slight hit and pay the 50% levy to the SPFL? If its the latter surely the authorities can't have a problem with that? Win win for all surely? The Rangers may lose a few quid max although this will be covered with TV money and PATG/away fans, Huns get in for nothing, SPFL still get 50% of tickets that they can unevenly distubute to all clubs...

CallumLaidlaw
06-05-2015, 08:45 AM
Whats the script with The Rangers? They wanting to let ST holders in for free, and pay nothing to the SPFL? Or are they proposing they let ST holders in for free, and Rangers just take a slight hit and pay the 50% levy to the SPFL? If its the latter surely the authorities can't have a problem with that? Win win for all surely? The Rangers may lose a few quid max although this will be covered with TV money and PATG/away fans, Huns get in for nothing, SPFL still get 50% of tickets that they can unevenly distubute to all clubs...

If its 25,000 ST holders, and the average cost of a ticket for the playoffs is £15, thats £187,500 they'll need to to give to the SPFL. Ok, the other 25,000 in the stadium (half of which they also have to give to the SPFL) will bring them back to breaking even, but I'm sure thats before match costs are taken into account.

Keith_M
06-05-2015, 08:48 AM
If its 25,000 ST holders, and the average cost of a ticket for the playoffs is £15, thats £187,500 they'll need to to give to the SPFL. Ok, the other 25,000 in the stadium (half of which they also have to give to the SPFL) will bring them back to breaking even, but I'm sure thats before match costs are taken into account.

Maybe they're planning to charge £50 for PATG.

green&left
06-05-2015, 09:10 AM

Thats if all season ticket holders were to go (which not everyone will, especially you're an Ulster and English current bun with it being midweek), also its not taken into account concession and child prices (QOTS are charging U16s a fiver). Plus if they had 20,000 paying £18, then thats £180k for them which would cover most if not all costs.

Don't see what the issue is with the SPFL if they are getting their £££ either way.

bob12345
06-05-2015, 01:59 PM
I've been very pleased with what's happened off the field this season with Leanne, the new regime, etc. However, one of the areas they messed up with was season tickets... and now it's coming back to bite.

By being relegated the season tickets already purchased by fans included two games fewer. This meant that (not even taking into account the lesser value of Championship matches to Premiership) fans were left out of pocket. This could have been fixed at the time by offering something back to those fans... an event, free clubstore kit, cup matches... it really could have been anything and it would have put the matter to bed. The board decided just to do nothing and hope for fan loyalty.

Now, at the end of the season, we've been presented with... the exact thing they lost out on due to the relegation - two (hopefully) competitive matches at Easter Road. Of course the season ticket holders should expect the matches for free, as they've paid for them already. However, now it will cost Hibs significantly more than it would have at the start of the season.

CallumLaidlaw
06-05-2015, 02:05 PM
I've been very pleased with what's happened off the field this season with Leanne, the new regime, etc. However, one of the areas they messed up with was season tickets... and now it's coming back to bite.

By being relegated the season tickets already purchased by fans included two games fewer. This meant that (not even taking into account the lesser value of Championship matches to Premiership) fans were left out of pocket. This could have been fixed at the time by offering something back to those fans... an event, free clubstore kit, cup matches... it really could have been anything and it would have put the matter to bed. The board decided just to do nothing and hope for fan loyalty.

Now, at the end of the season, we've been presented with... the exact thing they lost out on due to the relegation - two (hopefully) competitive matches at Easter Road. Of course the season ticket holders should expect the matches for free, as they've paid for them already. However, now it will cost Hibs significantly more than it would have at the start of the season.

Its only 1 game fewer. We've had 18 home games, compared to 19 that we would have in the prem. Although, it is possible to only get 18 games if the SPFL cant balance their fixtures post split.
The board also said that they wanted to keep a premier league budget, and I feel that signings like Gray, Fontaine, Allan, Fyvie, Malonga, have proven them right.

Iggy Pope
06-05-2015, 04:15 PM

Ask not what your club can do for you, rather what you can do for your club.

Baldy Foghorn
06-05-2015, 04:23 PM

Most of us were happy to pay the extra, if quality was brought in. IMO we have seen quality brought in, and where we are now, to where we were at start of Season is tremendous. We have potentially 4 matches, to get promoted.

I would rather see ST holders being charged for home games in the play offs, than Hibs having to fork out on our behalf. The money would be better utilised trying to keep a hold of player's or improving the squad.

Iggy Pope
06-05-2015, 04:26 PM

Lot of ambition from Motherwell there when they've not yet acheived ignominy.
Thank **** I don't support that mob. Should be concentrating on making sure its someone else's problem.

PatHead
06-05-2015, 05:04 PM
Most of us were happy to pay the extra, if quality was brought in. IMO we have seen quality brought in, and where we are now, to where we were at start of Season is tremendous. We have potentially 4 matches, to get promoted.

I would rather see ST holders being charged for home games in the play offs, than Hibs having to fork out on our behalf. The money would be better utilised trying to keep a hold of player's or improving the squad.

Agree entirely.

Capt Mainwaring
06-05-2015, 07:34 PM

Yep - that where I'm at. Were all in this together

Andy74
06-05-2015, 07:38 PM

It's been far better value than most recent seasons. We are watching decent players playing good football. I don't pay to see the opposition.

greenlex
07-05-2015, 12:26 AM

You do know that Hibs want to allow season Ticket holders in as part of the season and have done since last October? If we pay we pay. I would not like the club to lose money to appease me or other Season Ticket holders. It really sticks in the craw though that 50% of that cash will be going straight to other clubs with Celtic receiving the lions share.

PatHead
07-05-2015, 07:38 PM
You do know that Hibs want to allow season Ticket holders in as part of the season and have done since last October? If we pay we pay. I would not like the club to lose money to appease me or other Season Ticket holders. It really sticks in the craw though that 50% of that cash will be going straight to other clubs with Celtic receiving the lions share.

Agree entirely on both counts but I also don't want Hibs to lose out just to keep up with The Rangers at £5. They can have the large crowd which will mean they still break even. I think a price of £15 would be fair. A lot less than our regular price but still at least covering our costs even if we play QoS.

We definitely can't blame the board for charging seasons on this case but greedy Premiership clubs.

jimmythefish
09-05-2015, 09:20 PM

If the ticket office won't or can't post out tickets for the away game at ibrox or Palmerston I would have to drive up to Easter road to pick up my ticket ( provided I get one of course tho should have no problem I have 321 loyalty points ) & then drive on to the game at either govan or back down to Dumfries, obviously I'm hoping they will post them out next day delivery as it would save me around about 200 extra miles on an already 6-700 mile round trip

eastterrace
09-05-2015, 09:24 PM
If the ticket office won't or can't post out tickets for the away game at ibrox or Palmerston I would have to drive up to Easter road to pick up my ticket ( provided I get one of course tho should have no problem I have 321 loyalty points ) & then drive on to the game at either govan or back down to Dumfries, obviously I'm hoping they will post them out next day delivery as it would save me around about 200 extra miles on an already 6-700 mile round trip

can you not print them yourself not that ive done it but seen others on here doing that

CallumLaidlaw
09-05-2015, 09:24 PM
can you not print them yourself not that ive done it but seen others on here doing that

Not for away games

eastterrace
09-05-2015, 09:27 PM
Not for away games

oh well that will be that then.

emerald green
10-05-2015, 11:58 AM
I wonder how well or otherwise ticket sales have gone so far? I realise it's still early days.

Iggy Pope
10-05-2015, 12:47 PM

Alternatively, you could use social networking to get someone to pick them up for you and meet you at the game.

KdyHby
11-05-2015, 11:09 AM
Just paid at the TO. Delighted that there was a queue of 6 when I arrived, and similar when I left.

Sir David Gray
11-05-2015, 11:13 AM
Just paid at the TO. Delighted that there was a queue of 6 when I arrived, and similar when I left.

So you jumped the queue then? :tsk tsk:

CallumLaidlaw
11-05-2015, 11:33 AM

Hopefully they're selling well. The club have said they'll make a decision around Thursday on whether or not we'll get half of the South so lets hope the fans are getting them bought.

scoopyboy
11-05-2015, 11:40 AM
This may have been dealt with elsewhere, if so I will delete this when someone points it out.

If the second leg of the play off is getting played on Sunday and our first game away is on the Wednesday when are Hibs selling the tickets for the away leg?

If it is Monday then there is no time for tickets to be sent out.

CallumLaidlaw
11-05-2015, 11:44 AM
This may have been dealt with elsewhere, if so I will delete this when someone points it out.

If the second leg of the play off is getting played on Sunday and our first game away is on the Wednesday when are Hibs selling the tickets for the away leg?

If it is Monday then there is no time for tickets to be sent out.

Yeah, we dont really know. They may do a next day delivery option, or they may decide that they have to be picked up. If it is a small amount (957) they may even decide that you need to buy the ticket in person rather than phone/online. Takes me back to getting to the ticket office at 5.30am for Derby tickets around 2005/06.

KdyHby
11-05-2015, 12:13 PM
So you jumped the queue then? :tsk tsk:

Lol, yes, pushed big Frank out of the way.

Billy Whizz
11-05-2015, 12:13 PM
Yeah, we dont really know. They may do a next day delivery option, or they may decide that they have to be picked up. If it is a small amount (957) they may even decide that you need to buy the ticket in person rather than phone/online. Takes me back to getting to the ticket office at 5.30am for Derby tickets around 2005/06.

I would hope there's an online option, might struggle to get to ER for that time

Bristolhibby
11-05-2015, 12:25 PM

Don't see how it would break any law. You are paying to see Hibs, not any other team.

Must happen all the time in World Cups, etc.

J

kaimendhibs
11-05-2015, 02:47 PM
I reckon it's ridiculous that the 2nd leg of queens v sevco is to be played next Sunday! Any reason why not earlier. Gonna be a nightmare getting tickets printed, sold and distributed in time for Wednesday game. Total balls up again imo

CallumLaidlaw
11-05-2015, 02:59 PM
I reckon it's ridiculous that the 2nd leg of queens v sevco is to be played next Sunday! Any reason why not earlier. Gonna be a nightmare getting tickets printed, sold and distributed in time for Wednesday game. Total balls up again imo

The only reason the fixtures have been moved is for BT. Because it is the "Premiership" plays off, it must be getting classed as a top league game, which isn't allowed to be shown at the same time as the Champions league, basically ruling out midweek games this week or last week. TV running the game as usual.

Billy Whizz
11-05-2015, 03:14 PM
The only reason the fixtures have been moved is for BT. Because it is the "Premiership" plays off, it must be getting classed as a top league game, which isn't allowed to be shown at the same time as the Champions league, basically ruling out midweek games this week or last week. TV running the game as usual.

If we beat Rangers/Queens, will only have a few days to get tickets for the home and away final as well

CallumLaidlaw
11-05-2015, 03:18 PM
If we beat Rangers/Queens, will only have a few days to get tickets for the home and away final as well

At least it will be slightly longer. The 1st leg isnt til the Thursday, and with it being at home first, people can print at home, and there'll be plenty tickets to go round. And the 2nd leg, we'll have time to get them sent out first class as long as they're bought on the Monday or Tuesday

Keith_M
11-05-2015, 03:29 PM
For the sake of those planning to go to the away leg, I hope Hibs don't have to play Ross County.

Yes, I know we have to win the second round of the Play Offs first :wink: