PDA

View Full Version : Stadium attendance announcement

Carheenlea
02-05-2015, 08:27 PM
When the attendance was announced ( on probably the loudest PA I`ve heard at football - Motherwell take note..) the announcer stated that the attendance was 7690, comprising of 4,197 home fans and 3,493 Hibs fans. Must say I find it hard to believe that there were more Falkirk fans in the ground than Hibs and certainly didn`t look like it? Must have got his numbers mixed up.

Sir David Gray
02-05-2015, 08:28 PM
There's not a chance that more Falkirk fans attended today's match than Hibs fans.

It's just not possible.

HappyAsHellas
02-05-2015, 08:32 PM
Perhaps they use the MTI system like Celtic and Hearts, as there was no way there were more Falkirk fans their today.

Pretty Boy
02-05-2015, 08:38 PM
We had a full behind the goals and half of the main stand completely full.

They had big gaps in their equaivalent of the same sections. No way they had more unless the stand behind the goals at the other end is massively bigger than the one we were in, which it certainly doesn't look.

Billy Whizz
02-05-2015, 08:50 PM
They must be counting SO ticket holders who didn't show up today, definitely more Hibs fans in the ground than Falkirk ones.
Wish they would finish the stadium though, stop that wind coming in

iwasthere1972
02-05-2015, 08:58 PM
According to one website the capacity is 8,750.

North stand 2,000
West Stand 4,200

So by my calculations the South Stand must hold about 2,550.

ALF TUPPER
03-05-2015, 09:06 AM
Hibs tweeted yesterday that the attendance was 7672 of which 3493 were Hibs' supporters. Remember thinking at the time that wiz wrang!

Shurely shome mishtake GGTTH

Winston Ingram
03-05-2015, 10:48 AM

No danger was there were more Falkirk fans there.

The_Sauz
03-05-2015, 10:50 AM
I think you need to give the announcer some slack here guy's! Remember he is only going by the number of tickets Hibs sold and not the number of tickets sold to Hibs fans for the Falkirk part of the ground :agree:

Keith_M
03-05-2015, 12:03 PM
It's probably just that Falkirk announce the number of tickets sold to count attendance, as opposed to actual number of attendees.

Don't see what the big deal is.

CallumLaidlaw
03-05-2015, 12:43 PM
I think you need to give the announcer some slack here guy's! Remember he is only going by the number of tickets Hibs sold and not the number of tickets sold to Hibs fans for the Falkirk part of the ground :agree:

I had to laugh at the number of times he said "cup final" after the FT whistle. Obviously trying to wind us up. I was too busy celebrating to care

lord bunberry
03-05-2015, 12:46 PM
It's probably just that Falkirk announce the number of tickets sold to count attendance, as opposed to actual number of attendees.

Don't see what the big deal is.
It's not a big deal, but if you make an announcement saying today's attendance is .... You would be as well saying what the actual attendance is.

greenlex
03-05-2015, 12:50 PM
I had to laugh at the number of times he said "cup final" after the FT whistle. Obviously trying to wind us up. I was too busy celebrating to care

We had a bit of White Stripes pre match too. We were all raging.

BoomtownHibees
03-05-2015, 12:53 PM
We had a bit of White Stripes pre match too. We were all raging.

And also "Baby Give It Up". (Paulo Sergio)

greenlex
03-05-2015, 12:54 PM

Missed that. I'd have been pure raging if I hadn't.😄

Sir David Gray
03-05-2015, 01:02 PM

The "Deal wi' it" banner they displayed pre-match in the north stand had me incandescent with rage.

CallumLaidlaw
03-05-2015, 01:17 PM
Living in Dunfermline for the last 10 years I was aware that the Pars and Falkirk weren't very keen on each other. I recently asked my Pars supporting mate where the rivalry came from when there was so many Fife teams for rivalries and was told that it goes back to when Norrie Mccathy died of carbon monoxide poisoning and when they next played Falkirk, their fans made hissing noises and sang songs about his death. Lovely people :rolleyes:

Winston Ingram
03-05-2015, 01:26 PM
The "Deal wi' it" banner they displayed pre-match in the north stand had me incandescent with rage.

Really? It was up there with one of the worst banners I've every seen. Looked like it was made by a 4 yr old

Sir David Gray
03-05-2015, 01:52 PM
Really? It was up there with one of the worst banners I've every seen. Looked like it was made by a 4 yr old

I wasn't being entirely serious.

portycabbage
03-05-2015, 01:57 PM

I noticed that too, but then I thought they don't have any more games before the final for the announcer to tell people to get tickets. I liked the announcement telling someone to move their car as it's blocking access... and by the way your engines running!

Auckland Hibs
04-05-2015, 08:52 AM
Living in Dunfermline for the last 10 years I was aware that the Pars and Falkirk weren't very keen on each other. I recently asked my Pars supporting mate where the rivalry came from when there was so many Fife teams for rivalries and was told that it goes back to when Norrie Mccathy died of carbon monoxide poisoning and when they next played Falkirk, their fans made hissing noises and sang songs about his death. Lovely people :rolleyes:

Didn't quite a few of their "casuals" wear t-shirts with the British Gas logo and a photo of him on the front to the game? - pretty sure a few of them were arrested prior/during/after the match.

Remember thinking at the time what a complete bunch of fuds - met a few of them in London a few years afterwards and they were indeed complete fuds.

Airdrie have always been my small club pet hate, however Falkirk are starting to overtake them.

Hermit Crab
04-05-2015, 08:47 PM

Aye, just like the mercer song.... Or the new Anne budge version.

IFONLY
05-05-2015, 08:39 AM

You`re right........people in glass houses and all that!!!!

CallumLaidlaw
05-05-2015, 08:52 AM

Aye you're right. I'm happy enough to say I've never joined in with either of those songs. I still don't understand why Falkirk fans would take such pleasure in the tragic accident of a player that had absolutely no link to them whatsoever.

big-mo
05-05-2015, 09:08 AM
Wish they would finish the stadium though, stop that wind coming in

They can't, I have been told that they can not get planning permission because it is in the 'blast zone' for Grangemouth!!!
Intresting that it is ok to face the blast rather than having your back to it.

CallumLaidlaw
05-05-2015, 09:11 AM
They can't, I have been told that they can not get planning permission because it is in the 'blast zone' for Grangemouth!!!
Intresting that it is ok to face the blast rather than having your back to it.

They do have planning permission. They just don't really need to build it at the minute.