PDA

View Full Version : Goal Of The Season

Billy
02-05-2015, 08:07 PM
Apologies if posted before but what is your goal of the season?

Is it one of the 4 in the video or is there one that sticks out for you?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O64xbdQm0f4

GGTTH :flag:

mutley
03-05-2015, 07:44 AM
It's a tough one but for me I think I'll choose Gray against sevco. I loved the way he thought about hitting it first time, changed his mind, stopped the ball, lit a cigar and had a condor moment while he thought about where he was going to put it, stuck the ball right into the top corner. Sheer class

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12AlbionPlace
03-05-2015, 08:12 AM
I'm torn between Malonga and Craig.

One was a good team goal lots of passes bit of a scrappy finish.

The pass for Liam's goal was a touch of class from Scott and the finish was top notch.

The fact that Liam's was against that lot probably sways it from me:greengrin

Peevemor
03-05-2015, 08:22 AM
I'm torn between Malonga and Craig.

One was a good team goal lots of passes bit of a scrappy finish.

The pass for Liam's goal was a touch of class from Scott and the finish was top notch.

The fact that Liam's was against that lot probably sways it from me:greengrin

For me Malonga's was the worst finish but the best goal.

Craig's was brilliant - the pass, the finish and the opposition.

hibby rae
03-05-2015, 08:22 AM
Although my heart says the other three :) I pick Malonga's. Great team goal. Think it sums us up well this season and it's evidence of the style Stubbs has brought back which we've missed these last few years. Hibs class (although they all are!).

Nando™
03-05-2015, 08:27 AM
Gray by a mile. Good touch, tremendous technique to slot into the top bag.

El Alagui second.

Craig third.

As goals go, Malonga's was pish. Scrappy finish after pedestrian passing through a team that were barely attempting any challenges. Plenty of other goals we've scored this season were better than that.

EDIT - Why was the quality of the picture in goals 2 and 3 so terrible?

Callum_62
03-05-2015, 08:41 AM
As goals go, Malonga's was pish. Scrappy finish after pedestrian passing through a team that were barely attempting any challenges. Plenty of other goals we've scored this season were better than that.

Ive heard the exact same phrase said in Spanish will watching Barca demolish another side

Nando™
03-05-2015, 09:14 AM
Ive heard the exact same phrase said in Spanish will watching Barca demolish another side

As have I (translated by a friend, mind you :wink:), and that underpins exactly how dominant we have been (and should be) in the majority of games in this two-bit division. I found the goal incredibly boring, slow, patient breakdown. This is, of course, due to us being far superior to the opposition in question, but it doesn't mean that the goal was particularly good.

Mr White
03-05-2015, 09:28 AM
All 4 of the goals against the rangers in december could have been nominated imo. Robertsons and cummings were both excellent goals too.

Big Ed
03-05-2015, 09:36 AM
Stanton's winner in the LC against Dumbarton anyone?

Billy
03-05-2015, 09:53 AM
Stanton's winner in the LC against Dumbarton anyone?

Would be in my top 10 :agree:

1. David Gray v Rangers (Home)
2. Liam Craig v Rangers
3. Farid El Alagui v Hearts (Away)
4. Dominique Malonga v Dumbarton (Team Goal)
5. Dominique Malonga v Dumbaron (Away)
6. Lewis Stevenson v Rangers
7. Sam Stanton v Dumbarton
8. Farid El Alagui v Dumbarton
9. Jason Cummings v Rangers - Touch of an Angel
10. Mark Oxley v Livingston

Alex Trager
03-05-2015, 09:55 AM
Surprised to see Lewis's goal not being included against the Rangers.

Billy
03-05-2015, 09:57 AM
Although my heart says the other three :) I pick Malonga's. Great team goal. Think it sums us up well this season and it's evidence of the style Stubbs has brought back which we've missed these last few years. Hibs class (although they all are!).

21 passes, over a minute in possession and every outfield player touched the ball. :flag:

FranckSuzy
03-05-2015, 10:07 AM
Is there any reason why there were countless replays of the two goals vs The Rangers? Oh wait.....:lolrangers: :thumbsup:

Best individual goal - D Gray
Best Team Goal - D Malonga
Oh, and any goal vs Hertz

Number69
03-05-2015, 10:14 AM
I genuinely hate Twin Atlantic.

brog
03-05-2015, 11:15 AM
For me Malonga's was the worst finish but the best goal.

Craig's was brilliant - the pass, the finish and the opposition.

Agreed. The thing for me also is that LC started the move. Look at his run off the ball, as soon as Allan moves into space Liam is charging forward anticipating the pass. All great goals but as that one sealed our highest ever win vs that vile club its a no brainer for me.

Humo
03-05-2015, 12:16 PM
I thought farids goal against hearts at Easter road should definitely of been a contender

Hiber-nation
03-05-2015, 12:20 PM
Boyle's goal yesterday was as good as anything.

truehibernian
03-05-2015, 12:23 PM
Can't believe Dom Malonga's second v Ross County isn't in the 4 - a classic counter-attacking goal, lots of pace, four passes and a powerful header.......Dom actually runs 3/4 of the pitch to get on the end of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-X2S_4h-V7Y

hibs0666
03-05-2015, 12:25 PM
Thought Cummings second goal at ibrox was a smashing team goal.

FastEddieFelson
03-05-2015, 02:50 PM
Boyle's goal yesterday was as good as anything.

yep, came on this thread to post just that.

ancient hibee
03-05-2015, 07:18 PM
For me-Robertson against Rangers.

tamig
03-05-2015, 07:59 PM
I loved Lewis's goal against Berwick.

Scott Allan Key
03-05-2015, 09:58 PM
I loved Lewis's goal against Berwick.

If his goal against Sevco wasn't a slight sclaff, Stevenson would have been my favourite. As things stand I say Craig v Sevco because of a mixture of determination, sublime skill from Allan and Craig's comparable coolness with his wrong foot to pass a volley into the net.

Geo_1875
04-05-2015, 06:59 AM
If his goal against Sevco wasn't a slight sclaff, Stevenson would have been my favourite. Asprobably lstand I say Craig v Sevco because of a mixture of determination, sublime skill from Allan and Craig's comparable coolness with his wrong foot to pass a volley into the net.

Slight sclaff or not it was a wonderful move and a great goal for a left back to score. And if he'd caught it clean he'd probably have missed.

GreenOnions
04-05-2015, 07:49 AM
Surprised to see Lewis's goal not being included against the Rangers.

:agree:

Northernhibee
04-05-2015, 09:14 AM
Going to say Cummings jack in the box goal, really intelligent for such a young lad. Malongas screamer vs Dumbarton too and Stevenson with his really calm and pinpoint accurate finish vs Cowdenbeath