PDA

View Full Version : Well done Alan Stubbs

davym7062
02-05-2015, 06:13 PM
considering the state of hibs when he took over he has done an amazing job to get us into 2nd place. Whatever happens in the play offs he can be very proud of his 1st season as a manager...

whiskyhibby
02-05-2015, 06:15 PM
Agree. He has done a great job since coming to Hibs, hopefully onwards and upwards GGTTH

bingo70
02-05-2015, 06:15 PM
Agreed.

I'm still not convinced we'll go up but we've got a bloody good chance. Stubbs will have learned a lot this season and I feel confident with him in charge next season, regardless of what league we're in.

Alfred E Newman
02-05-2015, 06:20 PM
He said at an open night at East Mains back in November that we would be in this position which was a bold statement at that time given our poor start. Still a lot to do but we now have more than a fighting chance . Well done to all the players and staff.

Deansy
02-05-2015, 06:23 PM
Cheers AS - well on your way to giving us our self-respect back and I thank you for that.

tonyhib7
02-05-2015, 07:17 PM
I just like to say after watching last season and that pair of encombants managing the team and what they did to our club and with no idea what Stubbs would bring expectations were not high personal. But the they we have have preformed on the pitch, ok we have had ups and downs the semi agonist Falkirk but today provide we have bottle and I am confident we have a bright future and Studds and his team are taking us in the right direction. Futures green and white GGTTH

Stokesy's on fire
02-05-2015, 07:20 PM
Top man Stubbs good on yi

Sir David Gray
02-05-2015, 07:29 PM
Considering the state the club was in this time last year, Alan Stubbs has worked a minor miracle by, at the very least, bringing some positivity back to the club.

We were in a very bad place last year and, whilst I'll be gutted if we have to spend another year in the Championship, I'm actually looking forward to next season and seeing how Stubbs can help this team to grow and progress.

Thecat23
02-05-2015, 07:34 PM
I kept reading that he would be judged end of season. You can't ask much more than second when you all seen the mess we were in and the short period we had to build a team.

It's irrelevant for me if we go up or not, Alan Stubbs has proved to me he's had a successful first season and very unlucky not to be in the SC final as well.

Cameron1875
02-05-2015, 07:36 PM
Good football and a little bit of a grit amongst them. Regardless of the playoffs, I think we're on to a good thing here.

GGTTH :agree:

aljo7-0
02-05-2015, 07:38 PM
Yup - very well done Alan. I did not realise at the time just how bad we were (I guess to a degree I had got numbed to the dull football and results and just assumed we were too good to go down). Watching the team now play with a bit of confidence and some lovely passing it is obvious how much we have improved on the pitch and from what I hear/read we are night and day off the pitch too in terms of training, coaching and morale.
I'm enjoying watching Hibs again. Thank you

Jdawg
02-05-2015, 07:47 PM
The first out of 4 managers that realised we needed a right back and what a RB he found

bingo70
02-05-2015, 07:51 PM
Was he not interviewed after the game? Can't find any quotes.

HibbyAndy
02-05-2015, 07:52 PM
The first out of 4 managers that realised we needed a right back and what a RB he found

:agree:

Unreal how no other manager identified the RB position! Utter scandalous!!

wookie70
02-05-2015, 07:52 PM
Cup semi and second place to me already gives him the satisfaction of having pass marks regardless of the next few weeks. Getting promoted would put him well into the black and keeping hold of him may then be difficult. If we go up Hibs have got to get on with resigning Stubbs as well as a good few players

iwasthere1972
02-05-2015, 08:02 PM
Got the team playing good passing football and at last the team has some backbone. Something that was desperately lacking in previous years. We are where we thought or at least hoped we would be when it was up for discussion at the beginning of the season. Not many of us, if any, thought we were going to win the league giving the state of the team after Butcher's sacking.

Also good with the media and in his interviews. None of this cockiness and arrogance that other managers resort to.

:gwa:

Edited. Had the wrong army. :greengrin

eastender1
02-05-2015, 08:12 PM
Got the team playing good passing football and at last the team has some backbone. Something that was desperately lacking in previous years. We are where we thought or at least hoped we would be when it was up for discussion at the beginning of the season. Not many of us, if any, thought we were going to win the league giving the state of the team after Butcher's sacking.

Also good with the media and in his interviews. None of this cockiness and arrogance that other managers resort to.

:gwa2:

would definitely have taken 2nd plus a cup semi after the mess Butcher left us in. And the quality of the football is a bonus

RedHibby
02-05-2015, 09:11 PM
Very well done to the Team, Allan Stubbs and his staff. I see punt it up the field Butcher is taking over at Newport County on a two year deal. Anybody think he will see out the contract or end up on gardening leave before his 2 years is up.

Steve20
02-05-2015, 09:16 PM
If he wins the playoffs, he's been a success. If we don't win the playoffs, he hasn't achieved our goal and clearly promotion was the aim going by the ticket pricing this season.

Fingers crossed he gets us through the playoffs.

NORTHERNHIBBY
02-05-2015, 09:21 PM
Expected a third place finish so what we have done is better. Think we might run out of legs this time round, but winning the league next season is the target.

Onion
03-05-2015, 01:49 AM
Irrespective of how the POs turn out, AS has done a great job, and LD in appointing him. That's all.

Canon Hannan
03-05-2015, 05:26 AM
Expected a third place finish so what we have done is better. Think we might run out of legs this time round, but winning the league next season is the target.

Top manager who deserves backing from the Board.
Lianne - well done. Seems women know how to make good decisions in football and politics.

Peevemor
03-05-2015, 08:19 AM
Considering the state the club was in this time last year, Alan Stubbs has worked a minor miracle by, at the very least, bringing some positivity back to the club.

We were in a very bad place last year and, whilst I'll be gutted if we have to spend another year in the Championship, I'm actually looking forward to next season and seeing how Stubbs can help this team to grow and progress.

I kept reading that he would be judged end of season. You can't ask much more than second when you all seen the mess we were in and the short period we had to build a team.

It's irrelevant for me if we go up or not, Alan Stubbs has proved to me he's had a successful first season and very unlucky not to be in the SC final as well.

Irrespective of how the POs turn out, AS has done a great job, and LD in appointing him. That's all.

Top manager who deserves backing from the Board.
Lianne - well done. Seems women know how to make good decisions in football and politics.

:agree: All of the above.

Ozyhibby
03-05-2015, 08:29 AM
This will be why we tend to fall at the final hurdle. The job is not done till we are promoted.

jacomo
03-05-2015, 08:33 AM
considering the state of hibs when he took over he has done an amazing job to get us into 2nd place. Whatever happens in the play offs he can be very proud of his 1st season as a manager...

:agree:

Hearts' amazing consistency meant we were unable to overcome our slow start. They flew out of the blocks and kept on going, whereas Hibs were still putting the pieces back together in August and building the squad in September.

Alan and his team have done very well.

Bostonhibby
03-05-2015, 08:40 AM
considering the mess he walked into Stubbs and the team have exceeded my expectations after the start we had - Very pleased with progress so far.

southern hibby
03-05-2015, 08:47 AM
The biggest thing for me is the self belief I have before each game. I don't think I wish today was over but more of bring it on. Yes there has been some weird days along the way but the anticipation, expectations and arrogance in this team has me believing.

GGTTH

poolman
04-05-2015, 01:31 AM
I've never been as comfortable with a Hibs manager as Stubbsy since Ned

CraigHibee
04-05-2015, 08:20 AM
when i had the pleasure of being down at east mains in november and he described the state of affairs when he came in to the club, he has done a great job at turning things around, not over the line yet and still a testing time coming up with the playoffs but, i'm hopeful we will go up :flag:

SlickShoes
04-05-2015, 09:23 AM
From second bottom in September to Second top at the end of April is a minor miracle. I think as long as he is in charge we are in good hands, if you had told me after losing 2-1 to Alloa away that we would finish second I would have thought you were crazy.

Of course the season is not over yet but all we can do with the play-offs is support the team and see what happens, if we don't manage to make it out then we have to stay positive and push for the title next year.

I think he's the first manager in years I have seen have the ability to get us out of a slump and back to winning, once we went on losing run it usually continues but after losing the lead we had over rangers we done well to win it back.

Stuarty27
04-05-2015, 11:25 AM

Speaking of which, how good is the Davie Gray tune

Stranraer
04-05-2015, 12:34 PM

:agree: I was sceptical to begin with at the Sevco game in the Ramsdens Cup but I've really taken to him. Considering last season's joke of a team he has done an excellent job.

The_Horde
04-05-2015, 01:00 PM
:agree: I was sceptical to begin with at the Sevco game in the Ramsdens Cup but I've really taken to him. Considering last season's joke of a team he has done an excellent job.

I was the opposite. I couldn't believe that was the same team we'd watched the season before. Even though we were on the wrong end of the result the improvement in everything we did that night was clear for everyone to see.

That's when I first thought we could be onto something. Although I must admit to having been really impressed with the new set up in pre season.

Johnny_Leith
04-05-2015, 01:02 PM

50 was identified by Butchers team as a target 🙈

marinello59
04-05-2015, 01:10 PM

We were superb against Sevco that night and if Handling had not been red carded we would have won. I had my doubts though at first purely because of his inexperience. He has made mistakes but most importantly for is he rarely repeats them. He will go on to bigger things eventually.

Northernhibee
04-05-2015, 01:48 PM
I have no doubts that if Stubbsy had taken over from Fenlon at the end of the season and we'd still been relegated we'd have won the league. Sadly Butchers "man management,", Michelin Mans "Top scouting and GK coaching" and Malpas' "State of the art fitness regimes,you ****er" meant we were neither close to being fit enough nor did we have the right personnel.

Stranraer
04-05-2015, 02:45 PM
We were superb against Sevco that night and if Handling had not been red carded we would have won. I had my doubts though at first purely because of his inexperience. He has made mistakes but most importantly for is he rarely repeats them. He will go on to bigger things eventually.

Yeah I was probably a bit unfair on that front as well although I spoke to a guy outside Ibrox that day who said he was 10 times more committed to the team than Butcher.

edwards
04-05-2015, 04:56 PM
Congratulations to Alan his back room staff and all the players who contributed to the great finish to the season. If you had said to me after the first seven or eight games there would be a good chance of us finishing second ma sides would have burst. Lets just go out and finish the job now guys.

Ozyhibby
04-05-2015, 07:01 PM
I've been impressed with him, especially in the aftermath of our 3 game wobble.
Just need to win our next 4 games and he can put it down as a very successful season.

Squealing pig
07-05-2015, 04:07 PM
On sky sports 1 tomorrow at 10pm doing dream team or something plenty notice for everyone , I missed first 15 mins of Scott allan on Peter and roughie yesterday was gutted , watch it every day and day I miss the start he's on it lol