PDA

View Full Version : collins

chinaman
02-05-2015, 05:26 PM
Just on sky news hoping newco come up ....for scottish footballs sake...wotafanny.

bingo70
02-05-2015, 05:33 PM
It's an annoying opinion but he's got to look out for what's best for Celtic now and there's no doubt they're missing the Huns. He probably just wants 4 old firm games next season.

Financially it probably would be better for Scottish football if rangers go up. I don't think the fans of the other clubs have missed rangers one bit though.

Thecat23
02-05-2015, 05:35 PM
Dear John.... Your a welt!

Jdawg
02-05-2015, 05:35 PM
Rangers won't challenge Celtic next year anyone.

No one misses them, I don't know why people speak on behalf of the sake of scottish football :S

Old firm apologists, they can both **** off

seanshow
02-05-2015, 05:39 PM
He attended the wrong game today then :greengrin he was in the mainstand at Falkirk

keep the faith
It's an annoying opinion but he's got to look out for what's best for Celtic now and there's no doubt they're missing the Huns. He probably just wants 4 old firm games next season.

Financially it probably would be better for Scottish football if rangers go up. I don't think the fans of the other clubs have missed rangers one bit though.

But as someone who played for us, managed us and is supposed to care a little about the club its a very poor comment.

Golden Bear
I'd like to see the actual clip, but on the surface of it , its a very poor statement from a guy whom I rate as a Hibs legend. At least I used to.

emerald green
02-05-2015, 05:41 PM
Lets get one thing clear. There is no club called Rangers. That club was liquidated by Lord Hodge at the Court of Session in 2012.

The newco masquerading as "Rangers" are just as big a disgrace as their previous entity. I couldn't give a toss if they are NEVER promoted to the top flight. Collins doesn't speak for me, and he has no right to speak for "Scottish football".

He is only entitled to speak on behalf of his own club.

Scottie
02-05-2015, 05:44 PM
But as someone who played for us, managed us and is supposed to care a little about the club its a very poor comment.
Bang on :agree:

I'd like to see the actual clip, but on the surface of it , its a very poor statement from a guy whom I rate as a Hibs legend. At least I used to.
Had a lot of time for JC despite him being a pail merk but now as far as I'm concerned hes a SKID merk.

GIRUY JC

Jdawg
02-05-2015, 05:44 PM
Boom - completely agree

McIntosh
02-05-2015, 05:48 PM
Grade A fanny

weecounty hibby
02-05-2015, 05:48 PM
It comes with the job at parkhead. You have to become a total bell end when you get into management with celtic

Jdawg
02-05-2015, 05:52 PM
Bang on :agree:

Had a lot of time for JC despite him being a pail merk but now as far as I'm concerned hes a SKID merk.

GIRUY JC haha nowt wrong with being a pailmerk

stoneyburn hibs
02-05-2015, 06:01 PM
JC was my original Hibernian hero and a great servant to the club. Some want to remember that before abusing the man.

Pete
02-05-2015, 06:01 PM
Celtic/Rangers minded.

I'm_cabbaged
02-05-2015, 06:03 PM
JC was my original Hibernian hero and a great servant to the club. Some want to remember that before abusing the man.

He should maybe remember that before he opens his gub.

dmc1875
02-05-2015, 06:05 PM
He said when asked that the game needs the Old firm back in the top flight or something to that regard and that opinion is very divided but he would like them back up.

He was in the main stand today and looked pretty pleased with the result he's still definitely got affections for Hibs

Pretty Boy
02-05-2015, 06:10 PM
2 cheeks, same erse.

Celtic would quite happily have voted for newco Rangers to go straight into the top flight but couldn't because of their fans views. Both clubs would love nothing more than to play their bigotfest against each other every week if they could believing it to be the biggest game in the world.

As part of that mindset Collins comments don't suprise me one little bit.

greenlex
02-05-2015, 06:11 PM
Wait till he finds out Sparky was in the crowd today. He'll go ape.

Peevemor
02-05-2015, 06:14 PM
He said when asked that the game needs the Old firm back in the top flight or something to that regard and that opinion is very divided but he would like them back up.

He was in the main stand today and looked pretty pleased with the result he's still definitely got affections for Hibs

I loved JC as a player but have been far from his biggest fan since. However, a politically correct answer given to the media re. the huns may not be a true reflection of his real feelings.

cabbageandribs1875
02-05-2015, 06:25 PM
it's shameful the way some fans talk about an ex-player who was fantastic for us...oh, and won us a cup as well :bitchy:

Jdawg
02-05-2015, 06:29 PM
He could have said that he hoped that hibs went up as opposed to Sevco, due to the fact that we brought him through as a player and he won a cup wih us as a manager.

JJP
02-05-2015, 06:30 PM
Starting to wonder if there is an ex player our supporters still like. JC is an employee of Celtic and will put forward the clubs view when talking in public. No need for some of the comments on here.

Frank Moon
02-05-2015, 06:47 PM
He is a tw@t. Just because he played for us doesn't mean you can't say it as it is. And yes I know he was the manager when we won the cup but for me the players did that in spite of him.

Carheenlea
02-05-2015, 07:02 PM
Not seen the interview, but I`m not overly bothered about who his preference is to be in the Premier League next season. As a Celtic employee there is not much else he could have said unless he was to stray from the Old Firm party line.
Loved watching him play for Hibs, loved that day at Hampden in `07, but have no interest in his current Celtic goings on.

NORTHERNHIBBY
02-05-2015, 07:20 PM
Was Delia behind him feeding him the words or was it him? If he said "ever so well", then they were his own words.

Sir David Gray
02-05-2015, 07:36 PM
He is employed by Celtic and therefore he will have to put forward an opinion based on what's best for his employer.

Rightly or wrongly, Celtic as a club will be better off financially if Sevco are in the same league as them. It would probably be good for Celtic's fans as well as they would horse Sevco at the moment.

Malthibby
02-05-2015, 07:42 PM
Just need to make sure we do them if they manage to get past QotS & keep the Rantic love-in at bay for another year.
JC's comments certainly emphasise the two-headed nature of the beast.
GG

Onion
03-05-2015, 01:55 AM
Idiot for coming out with stuff like that. Just feeds the suspicion that they are in cahoots, two sides of the same coin, brothers in arms. IMO newco's toughest game will be against QOS.... as it will be their only PO game !

Ronniekirk
03-05-2015, 02:46 AM
He is being pragmatic and empty seats at Parkhead must be impacting on them financially and sadly Big Sponsership deals have been harder to come by for Scottish Football given the lack of ThevRangers fan base .
Have I personally missed them or their fans The answer was no till we started beating them regularly .:wink::agree::wink:

GreenLake
03-05-2015, 03:36 AM
Collins should be wondering who out of Hibs and QotS he want's to come up.

Canon Hannan
03-05-2015, 05:51 AM
Lets get one thing clear. There is no club called Rangers. That club was liquidated by Lord Hodge at the Court of Session in 2012.

The newco masquerading as "Rangers" are just as big a disgrace as their previous entity. I couldn't give a toss if they are NEVER promoted to the top flight. Collins doesn't speak for me, and he has no right to speak for "Scottish football".

He is only entitled to speak on behalf of his own club.

Great post.
He is looking after his own bank account. Celtic v Sevco matches.
I would personally like a top League of 18.

Benny Brazil
03-05-2015, 06:31 AM
Great post.

If TheRangers dont get up this season - you may get your wish

3pm
03-05-2015, 06:46 AM
Glasgow Cup Final was played behind closed doors was it not? Fans couldn't be trusted at an under-17 game.

Get them back up though.

This was the time to reconstruct the league and made sure it was a bit more varied and cut the number of times we played each other. Rangers haven't been missed.

semaj64
03-05-2015, 09:00 AM
Starting to wonder if there is an ex player our supporters still like. JC is an employee of Celtic and will put forward the clubs view when talking in public. No need for some of the comments on here.

Yup agree, towing the party line else what would their fans say!

sleeping giant
03-05-2015, 09:07 AM
What an absolute pwick .
Deary me .
Up yours JC you socially awkward mouth breather.

Winston Ingram
03-05-2015, 09:15 AM
The man is a total fud. ***** manager an aw

emerald green
03-05-2015, 10:30 AM
Great post.

:aok: A top league of 16 or 18 playing each other twice a season would be my preference. Maybe alter the format of the league cup to make up for lost fixtures if it was only 16 teams?

Canongatehibs
03-05-2015, 10:32 AM
What a fanny

keep the faith
03-05-2015, 12:14 PM
Was Delia behind him feeding him the words or was it him? If he said "ever so well", then they were his own words.

😄

basehibby
03-05-2015, 12:57 PM
Just on sky news hoping newco come up ....for scottish footballs sake...wotafanny.

I find it hard to believe this is not being taken out of context - JC is undoubtably a Hibby and as such I would have thought he'd support Hibs over Sevco any day of the week and would therefore prefer Hibs to be promoted this season.

If being asked a general question about der Hun though I'm sure his answer (along with most people professionally involved in Scottish Football) would be that the sooner they're back amongst the top flight the better for all concerned.

So - does anyone know what the question actually was? Was it "which club would you prefer to win the playoffs - Hibs or Rangers?" or was it a much more general "would you like to see Rangers back among the top flight"? or similar? I would lay money on it being the later question.

.Sean.
03-05-2015, 12:58 PM
Square heid's a total fanny, well suited to Celtic.

Leith Green
03-05-2015, 03:24 PM
I find it hard to believe this is not being taken out of context - JC is undoubtably a Hibby and as such I would have thought he'd support Hibs over Sevco any day of the week and would therefore prefer Hibs to be promoted this season.

If being asked a general question about der Hun though I'm sure his answer (along with most people professionally involved in Scottish Football) would be that the sooner they're back amongst the top flight the better for all concerned.

So - does anyone know what the question actually was? Was it "which club would you prefer to win the playoffs - Hibs or Rangers?" or was it a much more general "would you like to see Rangers back among the top flight"? or similar? I would lay money on it being the later question.

Hes a celtic **** , always was always will be... He was an excellent player for Hibs but thats where i draw the line... He is a self indulgent human organ, a rubbish manager and very much Celtic minded...

Jdawg
03-05-2015, 04:48 PM
I'm from gala, my family knows johns very well. Celtic daft since he was a young boy. Terrible manager, chased from just about every manager job he had.

jacomo
04-05-2015, 09:05 AM
I'm a big JC fan but disappointing if he's towing the Sellick corporate line to the media.

pennyhibee
04-05-2015, 01:14 PM
I'm from gala, my family knows johns very well. Celtic daft since he was a young boy. Terrible manager, chased from just about every manager job he had.

Spot on with your assertions that John and his family were and still are Celtic fans

Jim44
04-05-2015, 01:58 PM

I loved him as a player with us but as a person and personality in the game I think he is the pits. Can't stand listening or watching him.