PDA

View Full Version : NHC Newcastle Manager accuses player of "being sent off on purpose"

Benny Brazil
02-05-2015, 03:02 PM
What a basket case of a club 8 games lost on the bounce and now I read on BBC text page that Carver accused Mike Williamson of getting sent off on purpose!

Newcastle United boss John Carver: "On a scale of one to 10, it's a minus 10. I can't accept it. I wish the players had as much determination and fight as I had. We can talk about systems and players but if we're not willing to compete, get your head onto the ball and risk getting an injury, you won't get anywhere.

"The referee made the right decisions. I spoke to Mike Williamson at half-time and had a few choice words. I thought he'd done that [got sent off] on purpose - it looks like he did. The ball was off the pitch - he had no need to make the challenge. He will miss two games now, is it an easy way out? I got Tim Krul to speak to Daryl Janmaat, I told him to stay calm and he didn't. The game had gone away from us. We can't keep shooting ourselves in the foot.

"We can't just keep saying next week will do - it has to happen now. Losing two players doesn't help. The next 24 hours is thinking time - we have to see who is available. We need to find a solution. I can talk all day and make excuses but I have no excuses today.

"It was a very animated dressing room at half time and even more so at full-time. I've asked everyone to have a think and we'll have an open discussion on Monday - it'll be interesting. "

--------
02-05-2015, 03:16 PM
Carver has never had the support of those players.

When Pardew left the club Mike Ashley should have moved to make a proper appointment, not dump the responsibility on Carver hoping he could keep them up cut-price before they appointed someone else in the close season. Ashley seems to be another of those entrepreneurial chairmen whose only concern is the bottom line of the annual balance sheet. This, and his serial inability to make sensible appointments, may yet take Newcastle down this season.

Carver seems to be a likeable man, concerned for the fate of the club, but well out of his depth. I have a lot of sympathy for him and for the Toon fans.

I just hope and pray that Ashley's Magic Touch of Doom extends to the other club he has a major interest in ...

Benny Brazil
02-05-2015, 03:20 PM
Carver has never had the support of those players.

When Pardew left the club Mike Ashley should have moved to make a proper appointment, not dump the responsibility on Carver hoping he could keep them up cut-price before they appointed someone else in the close season. Ashley seems to be another of those entrepreneurial chairmen whose only concern is the bottom line of the annual balance sheet. This, and his serial inability to make sensible appointments, may yet take Newcastle down this season.

Carver seems to be a likeable man, concerned for the fate of the club, but well out of his depth. I have a lot of sympathy for him and for the Toon fans.

I just hope and pray that Ashley's Magic Touch of Doom extends to the other club he has a major interest in ...

Am not so sure about that Doddie - there is no doubting his passion but to me whenever I see him or hear him in interviews he comes across as a bit of a prat - seems a bit of a Malpas

Famous Fiver
02-05-2015, 03:44 PM
Dead man walking.

--------
02-05-2015, 03:44 PM
Am not so sure about that Doddie - there is no doubting his passion but to me whenever I see him or hear him in interviews he comes across as a bit of a prat - seems a bit of a Malpas

Prats tend to be likeable, in my experience - but yes, I was being kind ( TOO kind) to him.

Comparing him to Malpas seems a bit harsh, though - he can actually form whole sentences without swearing and shaking his fist at folks, after all - but basically I would agree that he's totally out of his depth, he really hasn't a clue how to turn things around, and the only thing Ashley could have done worse than appointing him would have been to appoint Butcher and his crew instead.

I've just noticed that Sunderland and Aston Villa are both winning right now.

Oh dearie dearie me!

Cue the ominous music and the big triangular fin knifing through the troubled waters of the River Tyne towards St James's Park ....

As FF says - dead man walking.

Pete
02-05-2015, 03:46 PM
Sunderland and Villa both winning means Newcastle are now right in the thick of it.

Between them and Sunderland I think.

--------
02-05-2015, 03:50 PM
Sunderland and Villa both winning means Newcastle are now right in the thick of it.

Between them and Sunderland I think.

Hull have Arsenal tomorrow - if they catch it hot from them, they'll be in it as well.

But I wouldn't bet against Newcastle being relegated.

HibbyAndy
02-05-2015, 03:52 PM
Hull have Arsenal tomorrow - if they catch it hot from them, they'll be in it as well.

Monday :greengrin

--------
02-05-2015, 03:52 PM
Villa 3-2 Everton.

Sunderland 2-1 Southampton.

The doo-doo just got a whole lot deeper. Hee-hee.

--------
02-05-2015, 03:59 PM
Monday :greengrin

Ah. Well, that's my viewing sorted for that evening.

Burnley and QPR are now gone. I'd say, so it's just the one place to be filled, and Newcastle are without doubt the worst team in the bottom half of the EPL on current form.

Mike Ashley - the Rod Petrie of the EPL.

Pete
02-05-2015, 04:01 PM
Ah. Well, that's my viewing sorted for that evening.

Burnley and QPR are now gone. I'd say, so it's just the one place to be filled, and Newcastle are without doubt the worst team in the bottom half of the EPL on current form.

Mike Ashley - the Rod Petrie of the EPL.

I'm not sure but Sunderland might have a really bad run in. Might save the toon.

Benny Brazil
02-05-2015, 04:02 PM
I do feel sorry for the Geordie fans - all they can see is there club being run into the ground on the footballing side with an owner who clearly has no interest in the team doing well or competing in the Premier League - somewhat similar to how we all felt about a year ago.

Pete
02-05-2015, 04:04 PM
Hang on, WTF happened to Derby today??

Steve McLaren has to go.

Golden Bear
02-05-2015, 04:09 PM
I seem to remember one of our own players being accused of the same thing a few seasons back.

No names mentioned but the guy was having a howler of a game and the allegations were that he deliberately got sent off to escape any further wrath from the visiting Hibs support!

Bostonhibby
02-05-2015, 04:36 PM

Been taking the best odds I can get on them to go down for a couple of weeks now - dressing room lost a while ago and the guy running the show hasn't a Scooby. Players should be embarrassed but its been a sinking ship for a while now.

iwasthere1972
02-05-2015, 04:40 PM
Newcastle have really gone down the pan. Putting John Carver in charge of the team when Pardew abandoned the sinking ship was the biggest mistake. The club should ban him from doing interviews as he just comes across as a complete and utter thicko.

Maybe next season they'll be borrowing five players from The Rangers. McCulloch could do a job for them.

hibsbollah
02-05-2015, 05:37 PM
They just have some terrible players in the side. By all accounts Collocini, a very talented full back who played regularly for Argentina, stopped even trying today. Paul Dummett would probably lose his place to Abdel Zarabi, he's that bad.

You have to laugh, like.

Eyrie
02-05-2015, 07:02 PM
Sounds like the players have already quit on the club and Carver can call them out on it since he knows that he won't be there next season.

ManBearPig
03-05-2015, 07:20 AM
One word' Goufran' how that man can pull on the shirt let alone command a starting place is mind boggling.

Just Alf
03-05-2015, 07:52 AM
Does the team that gets relegated not get a LOT of £'s ? ....... Hmmmm ... :cb

ManBearPig
03-05-2015, 08:45 AM
Does the team that gets relegated not get a LOT of £'s ? ....... Hmmmm ... :cb

A wee bit but miss out on big tv money next year...

Just Alf
03-05-2015, 08:58 AM
A wee bit but miss out on big tv money next year...

Ah true.... And it's a lot

blaikie
03-05-2015, 08:59 AM
Hopefully they go down managed to get 11/1 on them getting relegated!

Aldo
03-05-2015, 09:02 AM
Don't know what Ashley was doing putting Carver in charge.

Never a manager let alone premiership manager.

Downward spiral and can see them going down. 8 lost on the bounce and struggling to score.

I hope (being a fan) they stay up but its a big ask.

portycabbage
03-05-2015, 04:13 PM
Even if the boy did get sent off on purpose, I can't see how it helps matters for Carver to come out with that publicly.

ekhibee
03-05-2015, 04:43 PM
Been taking the best odds I can get on them to go down for a couple of weeks now - dressing room lost a while ago and the guy running the show hasn't a Scooby. Players should be embarrassed but its been a sinking ship for a while now.
5/1 with bet365, skybet and corals :aok:

Bostonhibby
03-05-2015, 04:49 PM
5/1 with bet365, skybet and corals :aok:
Still a decent price. I think they are done if west brom beat them

Newcastlehibby
03-05-2015, 05:05 PM
Still a decent price. I think they are done if west brom beat them

My mate bet on them going down at 100/1 earlier in the year. Now looking promising.

Bostonhibby
03-05-2015, 05:09 PM
Think the best I got was 12/1 5 or 6 weeks ago

Pretty Boy
03-05-2015, 05:15 PM
I think what might save Newcastle is that Sunderland have a horrendous run in.

If they lose to Leicester they then have to try and take something from Arsenal away who may need a win to secure 3rd or 4th and then Chelsea away on trophy presentation day.

It is a wee bit like Hibs last year though in that all they really need is 1 win but really don't look like getting it.

MWHIBBIES
03-05-2015, 05:16 PM
I think what might save Newcastle is that Sunderland have a horrendous run in.

If they lose to Leicester they then have to try and take something from Arsenal away who may need a win to secure 3rd or 4th and then Chelsea away on trophy presentation dag.Arsenal will be at least 4th if they win tomorrow, they will probably be looking for second.

iwasthere1972
03-05-2015, 05:19 PM
My mate bet on them going down at 100/1 earlier in the year. Now looking promising.

Whose that? John Carver?

HibbyAndy
03-05-2015, 05:23 PM
Arsenal will be at least 4th if they win tomorrow, they will probably be looking for second.

Arsenal will be 2nd when they win tomorrow AND have a game in hand.

NadeAteMyLunch!
03-05-2015, 06:15 PM
Whose that? John Carver?

Haha! Ian Black style of betting

MWHIBBIES
03-05-2015, 07:50 PM
Arsenal will be 2nd when they win tomorrow AND have a game in hand.Meant they will be guaranteed top 4, should have worded it better.

ScottB
03-05-2015, 08:00 PM
Seems like he's borrowing from the Butcher school of managerial motivation...

Bostonhibby
03-05-2015, 08:45 PM
Seems like he's borrowing from the Butcher school of managerial motivation...

Tel taught him everything he knew about tactics and man management - he keeps it in a matchbox.

Iain G
07-05-2015, 03:57 PM
Carver is clearly delusional...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32627362

"I still think I'm the best coach in the Premier League," he said.

"If I have the right tools I can do the job. I'm doing the job to the best of my ability."

iwasthere1972
07-05-2015, 07:10 PM

"If I have the right tools I can do the job. I'm doing the job to the best of my ability."

Just saw that on Sky Sports News. He really is a thicko. Wants to learn when to open his mouth and when to keep it tightly shut.

He'll be gone shortly and I'll be surprised if he gets another post as head coach. At best a number 2. Like Colin Calderwood.

portycabbage
07-05-2015, 07:51 PM

So by saying he hasn't got the right tools, he's essentially saying that the players he has aren't good enough for him - or anyone else - to do any better. Not really helping squad unity, on top of accusing one of them of getting sent off deliberately to avoid having to play.

PatHead
07-05-2015, 07:57 PM
So by saying he hasn't got the right tools, he's essentially saying that the players he has aren't good enough for him - or anyone else - to do any better. Not really helping squad unity, on top of accusing one of them of getting sent off deliberately to avoid having to play.

Just gets more like us last season by the day. Players that couldn't give one with a clueless manager = going downhill at a rate of knots..

Sir David Gray
07-05-2015, 07:58 PM

If you didn't know any better, you would think that he was an agent working on behalf of Sunderland. :greengrin

NadeAteMyLunch!
07-05-2015, 09:57 PM
Just gets more like us last season by the day. Players that couldn't give one with a clueless manager = going downhill at a rate of knots..

Correct. The similarities are frightening. That was a definite Butcher esque rant today. The only reason they may avoid the drop is because Sunderland and Hull have got difficult run ins and time is running out. If there were another 6 or 7 games left then they would absolutely be relegated

iwasthere1972
09-05-2015, 01:52 PM
Well they are really are in the relegation mix after Sunderland pick up all the points at Everton.

I wonder what antics they (the players or the best coach in the English Premiership) get up to today. Carver to headbutt Tony Pulis?

cocteautwin
09-05-2015, 02:02 PM
Loving it. Keegan style. See ya Newcastle. Most deserved of relegation candidates ever!

Pete
09-05-2015, 02:23 PM
Leicester 2 Southampton 0

Puts Hull in trouble too.

Pretty Boy
09-05-2015, 02:30 PM
Leicester winning and a Sunderland win has Newcastle in trouble.

Sunderlands bad run in could mean it's a 3 way shoot out between them, Newcastle and Hull. If Newcastle could get a win today they could probably feel relatively confident of staying up.

Pretty Boy
09-05-2015, 02:31 PM
Loving it. Keegan style. See ya Newcastle. Most deserved of relegation candidates ever!

How's that?

Ashley maybe, don't see why Newcastle fans deserve to be relegated.

MWHIBBIES
09-05-2015, 02:32 PM
1-0 to West Brom, Newcastle is real trouble now.

Pete
09-05-2015, 02:32 PM
Oh dear.

Toon one down and Villa winning too.

Pete
09-05-2015, 02:34 PM
BBC one Scotland waffling about Ronnie Deila.

**** off.

Pretty Boy
09-05-2015, 02:36 PM
**** sake.

It would be nice to support a sports team that doesn't continually put me through the mill. Every single team I like, in any sport, does this.

ManBearPig
09-05-2015, 02:42 PM
Come on Perez!!

Pretty Boy
09-05-2015, 03:21 PM
Burnley 1 up at Hull. Happy days, would quite enjoy seeing Steve Bruce relegated.

Cropley10
10-05-2015, 04:12 PM
Hull's a RL town. Hope they & Steve Bruce get relegated too.