PDA

View Full Version : Forster Injury

HH81
02-05-2015, 02:28 PM
Anyone know how his injury is? Did not sound good on the radio.

B.H.F.C
02-05-2015, 02:29 PM
Don't think we'll see him in the playoffs

GreenCastle
02-05-2015, 02:30 PM
Looked like ankle damage.

Hopefully Gray will use the break to get up sharpness and be ready as he is a good player also.

GreenArmyyy!
02-05-2015, 02:31 PM
Looked really bad at the game. Had to get a wheelchair to take him off.

snooky
02-05-2015, 02:33 PM
Likewise, any news on how bad Boyle's knock is?

Sir David Gray
02-05-2015, 02:47 PM
He looked close to tears at the time.

He was banging the turf when it first happened to try and get the attention of the physios.

I personally think he'll be out until next season, based on how bad it looked at the time.

snooky
02-05-2015, 02:54 PM
He looked close to tears at the time.

He was banging the turf when it first happened to try and get the attention of the physios.

I personally think he'll be out until next season, based on how bad it looked at the time.

I've seen a few nasty injuries on artificial playing surfaces. Personally, I don't like them and they're not worth the risk.

J-C
02-05-2015, 02:57 PM
On the radio they said it was when he landed, did Farid not do his achilles in when landing on that surface, hopefully just a bad sprain and back soon.

Sir David Gray
02-05-2015, 02:57 PM
I've seen a few nasty injuries on artificial playing surfaces. Personally, I don't like them and they're not worth the risk.

Looked quite innocuous at the time as well, as Forster and the Falkirk player both went up for a header at the back post. I actually thought it was just a clash of heads at first as the Falkirk player went down for a moment as well.

J-C
02-05-2015, 02:58 PM
Looked quite innocuous at the time as well as Forster and the Falkirk player both went up for a header at the back post. I actually thought it was just a clash of heads at first as the Falkirk player went down for a moment as well.

Maybe ne landed on the Falkirk players foot and twisted his ankle.

IWASTHERE1902
02-05-2015, 03:01 PM
I missed what happened. He went up for a header then the next thing he was rolling about in agony. I think it's a bad one the way he couldn't stand on it, thought it might even have been a break!!

Sir David Gray
02-05-2015, 03:05 PM
I missed what happened. He went up for a header then the next thing he was rolling about in agony. I think it's a bad one the way he couldn't stand on it, thought it might even have been a break!!

Considering the length of time that El Alagui was out with his achilles injury, it might be better if it's a clean break of some kind.

ahibby
02-05-2015, 03:11 PM
Considering the length of time that El Alagui was out with his achilles injury, it might be better if it's a clean break of some kind.

Rolling about could mean it wasn't a break. You tend to stay still when you suffer a break.

IWASTHERE1902
02-05-2015, 03:15 PM
Rolling about could mean it wasn't a break. You tend to stay still when you suffer a break.

Probably didn't describe that very well. He wasn't really rolling about, more holding has ankle and punching the ground. Obviously in agony.

ahibby
02-05-2015, 03:22 PM
Probably didn't describe that very well. He wasn't really rolling about, more holding has ankle and punching the ground. Obviously in agony.

That sounds like it could be a break perhaps just slightly above the ankle. I had a break in the same circumstances coming down from a header and landing on the side of my foot rather than the underneath. In plaster for three months and another eight weeks building the strength and confidence in the leg.

oconnors_strip
02-05-2015, 03:23 PM
Jordon travelled back on the team bus so hopefully means he didn't need to attend hospital. Will be assessed by the physio properly today or tomorrow to let any swelling die down

Feel sorry him as he has worked so hard to get back in the team

S4uzee
02-05-2015, 03:26 PM
Jordon travelled back on the team bus so hopefully means he didn't need to attend hospital. Will be assessed by the physio properly today or tomorrow to let any swelling die down

He's played brilliantly since coming back in and allows us to go 3 at the back

hibsbollah
02-05-2015, 03:29 PM
He's been like a new signing of late, faultless MOTM display in the derby springs to mind. This is the last thing we need.

--------
02-05-2015, 03:37 PM

I've tended to be in favour of synthetic pitches up till now, but this season has changed my mind.

Fair enough the sort of pitch we see in the EPL at The Emirates or Stamford Bridge - grass with an interweave - but this pitch at Falkirk has crocked two of our players this season. Farid was out for months, and this injury to Forster sounds a really bad one.

Maybe they're OK if the players are training on them all the time, but in that case their installation by only a small number of clubs in a division puts the players of the other clubs at (apparently) serious risk.

ahibby
02-05-2015, 03:40 PM

Phew I'm glad to hear that, defo not a through and through break. Might be a sprain then.

Sir David Gray
02-05-2015, 03:43 PM
I've tended to be in favour of synthetic pitches up till now, but this season has changed my mind.

Fair enough the sort of pitch we see in the EPL at The Emirates or Stamford Bridge - grass with an interweave - but this pitch at Falkirk has crocked two of our players this season. Farid was out for months, and this injury to Forster sounds a really bad one.

Maybe they're OK if the players are training on them all the time, but in that case their installation by only a small number of clubs in a division puts the players of the other clubs at (apparently) serious risk.

El Alagui got injured at Alloa but I agree with your general point.

wookie70
02-05-2015, 03:47 PM
I imagine it will be ankle ligament damage. Can't see him making the playoffs if it is any more than a sprain. Gutted for him as he worked so hard to get back in.

--------
02-05-2015, 04:31 PM
El Alagui got injured at Alloa but I agree with your general point.

Sorry - I thought it was Falkirk. He played for Falkirk, IIRC.

The Mad Cow's after me these days, I'm afraid. :devil:

Sergey
02-05-2015, 04:41 PM

I don't think you can blame the pitch, Doddie. The squad train on the exact same 4G surface at East Mains without any known injuries occurring. Falkirk and QoS have probably played in excess of 50 home matches between them this season at home and how many of their players are blaming the surface for injuries, or the opposition for that matter?

While I prefer grass pitches, 4G pitches are here to stay and I'm all for them.

Fosters injury could have happened on any pitch in the country. The fact that it was at Falkirk is pure bad luck, IMHO.

FranckSuzy
02-05-2015, 04:45 PM

Cheers for that, N :aok:

greenlex
02-05-2015, 05:01 PM
I don't think you can blame the pitch, Doddie. The squad train on the exact same 4G surface at East Mains without any known injuries occurring. Falkirk and QoS have probably played in excess of 50 home matches between them this season at home and how many of their players are blaming the surface for injuries, or the opposition for that matter?

Fosters injury could have happened on any pitch in the country. The fact that it was at Falkirk is pure bad luck, IMHO. Pretty sure Zemamma did his ligaments there a few years ago too. Not sure if it was plastic then tho.

oneone73
02-05-2015, 05:04 PM
Pretty sure Zemamma did his ligaments there a few years ago too. Not sure if it was plastic then tho.

That was at Hamilton, no?

greenlex
02-05-2015, 05:05 PM
That was at Hamilton, no?Maybe. Certainly a ground with an open side. :greengrin

Andy74
02-05-2015, 05:05 PM
Players get injured on grass too. The ones on the artificial surfaces just get highlighted.

hibsbollah
02-05-2015, 05:24 PM
That was at Hamilton, no?

No, greenlex is right. Zemmama did his cruciate at Falkirk and missed almost a full season. He also broke his metatarsal during his time here, cant recall where though.

silverhibee
02-05-2015, 05:32 PM

Fosters injury could have happened on any pitch in the country. The fact that it was at Falkirk is pure bad luck, IMHO.

You sure about that Sergey, don't think the one at EM is the best.

PatHead
02-05-2015, 08:38 PM
You sure about that Sergey, don't think the one at EM is the best.

Thought we didn't have 4g at East Mains and that is why we use Spartans pitch?

The_Horde
02-05-2015, 09:45 PM
No great loss. He's a good defender but we looked better when Gray came on.

S4uzee
02-05-2015, 10:22 PM
No great loss. He's a good defender but we looked better when Gray came on.

Oh dear

Golden Bear
02-05-2015, 10:24 PM
Oh dear

The clue is in the user name. ( no winking smiley available from phone)

silverhibee
02-05-2015, 10:29 PM
Thought we didn't have 4g at East Mains and that is why we use Spartans pitch?

Correct, our 3g is not the best at East Mains, hence why we use Spartans before we play a team who play on 3g pitches.

Hope Jordan didn't do to much damage today and is back in the team soon, a great prospect we have there.

As for 3g pitches, they seem to come in different styles and clubs do benefit from playing and training on them and it saves money for the club, no need for a training centre if you have that on your pitch, you can you use it night and day 24/7, but the one thing they do have in common is that they are covered in 1000s if not millions of pellets that are spread over the pitch, you see them thrown up as the ball runs a long the pitch, and i think this is where injuries come in to it, players jumping for the ball in a challenge, it is the landing that is the worry, your boots/feet are landing on hundreds of round pellets which may make your foot slip in a awkward way, also if you slide tackle you build up the pellets and eventually you jar your foot on the pellets on the pitch, another thing is the pellets get in to your boot and if you are running about for 90 minutes then they will rub against your feet and cause bad blisters, which i seen from a player a few weeks ago who played on a 3g pitch and his feet were a mess after that game and it is hard going on the body on these pitches and most players will be sitting with ice packs on there thighs/calfs after playing 90 minutes of football.

Football should be played on grass, simple as that, and yes as Andy74 says players pick up injuries on grass to, but ask any pro player and they would prefer to play on grass all day long rather than 3g pitches, i understand why clubs in lower leagues have them, it's a money decision, but Killie should never have been allowed to have a 3g pitch laid in the top flight of Scottish football, another f up by the SFA.

NadeAteMyLunch!
02-05-2015, 10:34 PM
Not a fan of artificial surfaces for actual games for a number of reasons, injuries being one of them. Looked a really bad one doing by his facial expressions. What was with that chair they carried him away on as well?? Was like something from the 1920's

overdrive
03-05-2015, 12:02 AM
As someone who has had several ankle injuries, a break would be massively better than any ligament damage or really bad twist or even a dislocation.

Borderhibbie76
03-05-2015, 01:01 AM
From Stubbsys post match comments it sounds like nothing more than a twisted ankle
...fingers crossed for the big man

Ronniekirk
03-05-2015, 02:57 AM
We need a fully fit squad to negotiate four play off games just in case some gets injured .if we go into play offs minus injured players and got a further player injured in first game we don't have big enough squad to cope defensively anyone who thinks we can do Without a Foster in squad is a Lunatic :agree:IMO

Up The Bracket
03-05-2015, 03:45 PM
He's broken his foot unfortunately

Scouse Hibee
03-05-2015, 03:48 PM

Has this been announced officially?

Sir David Gray
03-05-2015, 03:49 PM

I wouldn't be surprised with that.

He looked in agony at the time.

The Sundance Kid
03-05-2015, 03:52 PM

Bad news if true, same injury he suffered earlier in the season

Baldy Foghorn
03-05-2015, 03:54 PM

How do you know that?

Big_Franck
03-05-2015, 04:18 PM
Disappointing if it's a broken foot. Forster's been good since returning to the team, playing on the right of a back three suits him perfectly.

Still hoping it's just a twisted ankle until we hear from the club.

IFONLY
03-05-2015, 05:14 PM

Is this your diagnosis Doctor !!!!!!!!

Jonnyboy
03-05-2015, 06:37 PM
Correct, our 3g is not the best at East Mains, hence why we use Spartans before we play a team who play on 3g pitches.

Hope Jordan didn't do to much damage today and is back in the team soon, a great prospect we have there.

As for 3g pitches, they seem to come in different styles and clubs do benefit from playing and training on them and it saves money for the club, no need for a training centre if you have that on your pitch, you can you use it night and day 24/7, but the one thing they do have in common is that they are covered in 1000s if not millions of pellets that are spread over the pitch, you see them thrown up as the ball runs a long the pitch, and i think this is where injuries come in to it, players jumping for the ball in a challenge, it is the landing that is the worry, your boots/feet are landing on hundreds of round pellets which may make your foot slip in a awkward way, also if you slide tackle you build up the pellets and eventually you jar your foot on the pellets on the pitch, another thing is the pellets get in to your boot and if you are running about for 90 minutes then they will rub against your feet and cause bad blisters, which i seen from a player a few weeks ago who played on a 3g pitch and his feet were a mess after that game and it is hard going on the body on these pitches and most players will be sitting with ice packs on there thighs/calfs after playing 90 minutes of football.

Football should be played on grass, simple as that, and yes as Andy74 says players pick up injuries on grass to, but ask any pro player and they would prefer to play on grass all day long rather than 3g pitches, i understand why clubs in lower leagues have them, it's a money decision, but Killie should never have been allowed to have a 3g pitch laid in the top flight of Scottish football, another f up by the SFA.

Spot on, P :agree:

3pm
03-05-2015, 06:40 PM
Spot on, P :agree:

To be fair, SdGP is a big fan of grass. :o)

Jonnyboy
03-05-2015, 06:40 PM

:greengrin :cb

silverhibee
03-05-2015, 09:17 PM

Peace dude. :smokin

hibbymark
03-05-2015, 09:32 PM
It looked like the defenders foot came down on top of Jordan's foot as they landed which would have happened on grass or 3G

Golden Bear
04-05-2015, 04:21 PM

Are you sure?

In a report in tonight's Evening News Alan Stubbs is quoted as saying that the Club has 18 days to get Jordan fit before the first play off game. Going by that, I'd very much doubt if Forster has a broken foot.

Pedantic_Hibee
04-05-2015, 06:16 PM
I was once asked if I preferred grass or astroturf.

I'm not sure though as I've never smoked astroturf.

blackpoolhibs
04-05-2015, 06:19 PM

Would that have been about as long ago as the guy who painted rabbits on his bald head, because from a distance they looked like hares? :wink:

Mr White
04-05-2015, 06:21 PM

Chic Charnley wants his quip back pedantic.

Sir David Gray
04-05-2015, 06:29 PM

You're not a fan of Only Fools and Horses by any chance, are you? :greengrin

rcarter1
04-05-2015, 08:04 PM
Get better soon big man!!! Hope its not too serious.

:flag::flag::flag:

WellingtonHibby
04-05-2015, 08:51 PM

I play on them week in, week out,and my biggest complaint is the blisters. Absolutely brutal at times, o find they are much tougher on joints and the small of my back too