PDA

View Full Version : Will We Go Up?

Thecat23
02-05-2015, 01:34 PM
I was 100% sure we wouldn't after the collapse few weeks ago. But we have bounced back and I honestly feel we can do this. So for me I'm saying we will!

Gatecrasher
02-05-2015, 01:35 PM
If we play to our potential then yes.

hfc rd
02-05-2015, 01:35 PM
I was 100% sure we wouldn't after the collapse few weeks ago. But we have bounced back and I honestly feel we can do this. So for me I'm saying we will!

I'm with you as well.

Elephant Stone
02-05-2015, 01:36 PM
I'm willing to put my neck on the line and say that it's a possibility that we might go up.

Kato
If we play to our potential then yes.

Peter Houston more or less calling us bottle merchants on Sportsound.

Pretty Boy
I went from being sure we would to suspecting we wouldn't.

Now I just don't know. We're good enough but every potential opponent in the play off, including the hun, will be tough games. Huge few weeks coming up.

Pretty Boy
02-05-2015, 01:37 PM

And I'm calling him a baldy, classless twat on here.

hfc rd
02-05-2015, 01:38 PM

Can't stand that man! Hope Yogi's ICT pump them in the Scottish Cup Final.

Kato
And I'm calling him a baldy, classless twat on here.

You missed oot tomaty-faced.

McKenzie
100% can, different story whether we will though. Fully expect us to play the prem team in the final.

RoYO!

after the match today? Kind of defeats his own point. Today was a massive test of bottle.

Thecat23
02-05-2015, 01:40 PM

Really? Sounds like a bad loser.

chrisski33
02-05-2015, 01:43 PM
if we were playing next week i reckon we would but think our momentum will be put to the test with the break before the play off.

Kato
02-05-2015, 01:44 PM
after the match today? Kind of defeats his own point. Today was a massive test of bottle.

He said we were the best football team, QoTS would struggle with injuries if they picked any up over the piece but that Rangers had that "big club mentality" when it came to situations like this. He specified he meant "bottle" by this and said he thought Rangers would go up.

Diclonius
02-05-2015, 01:44 PM
We are the best team of the three contenders in the Championship and can beat either of the other two if we play our best. Can't speak for the Premiership team.

NYHibby
02-05-2015, 01:45 PM

I was listening, and I don't think he said that.

Kato
02-05-2015, 01:45 PM
Really? Sounds like a bad loser.

You've never noticed this about him before? One of the worst.

McIntosh
02-05-2015, 01:46 PM
Peter Houston more or less calling us bottle merchants on Sportsound. Well we didn't bottle it today. I suspect we will have a hard game against QoS

Thecat23
You've never noticed this about him before? One of the worst.

He's always been a sore loser, not just against us but he just comes across as a bit of an arse!

Sir David Gray

He also said we're the best football side out of the three Championship teams in the play offs.

Kato
02-05-2015, 01:47 PM
I was listening, and I don't think he said that.

That's what he meant though. See my further reply. He wouldn't have mentioned "bottle" if he didn't mean that, however circumspect he was when saying it - by "circumspect" I mean snidey.

Kato
02-05-2015, 01:47 PM
He also said we're the best football side out of the three Championship teams in the play offs.

See reply above.

pontius pilate
02-05-2015, 01:50 PM
Then McCann on sky sports reckon the rankers will go up what planet is he on or what drugs is he taking.

Thecat23
02-05-2015, 01:53 PM
Then McCann on sky sports reckon the rankers will go up what planet is he on or what drugs is he taking.

He hasn't a clue, look at the mess he got the pars in.

snooky
02-05-2015, 01:54 PM

Maybe he is privy to inside info from the SFA/SPL (:cb)? :dunno:

SlickShoes
02-05-2015, 01:54 PM
Chick Dung said three weeks ago the season was all but over and Rangers would easily finish 2nd now.

Anyway, I have no idea if hibs will go up, I won't expect anything other than the players give 100% and that I will be at the game supporting them. We will see what happens, if we don't go up I'm positive about next season Alan Stubbs is a great fit with hibs and we can win the league with him at the helm. Unlike last season where he was picking at the corpse of butchers hibs trying to make somehing out of it that resembled a football team.

Thecat23
02-05-2015, 01:58 PM
The way I see it Stubbs, the players and backroom staff deserve a huge amount of credit for finishing second. The state we were in at the start I honestly didn't think we would be near second.

Although far from over for me Stubbs has been superb for us and you couldn't ask for anymore from him or the boys.

Onion
02-05-2015, 02:00 PM

Think we have a decent chance, but I'd still swap places with Falkirk for a crack at ICT in the SCF.

Kato
02-05-2015, 02:02 PM
Think we have a decent chance, but I'd still swap places with Falkirk for a crack at ICT in the SCF.

Same here probably.

Onion
02-05-2015, 02:02 PM
The way I see it Stubbs, the players and backroom staff deserve a huge amount of credit for finishing second. The state we were in at the start I honestly didn't think we would be near second.

Although far from over for me Stubbs has been superb for us and you couldn't ask for anymore from him or the boys.

Summed it up in a nutshell :top marks

Onion
02-05-2015, 02:06 PM

Must be watching a different team. Yet again, the Huns got lucky today. Without official intervention and assistance, I just do not see the Huns being able to beat QOS, then Hibs, then Motherwell. Even Doncaster must be worried !

HibeeEmma
02-05-2015, 02:09 PM
Do we have confirmed dates for the play offs?

--------
02-05-2015, 02:13 PM

I would have happily accepted a Cup semi-final and a second place finish in the league at the start of the season.

It looks as if Motherwell will be the Premiership side joining us, so I'd say we'll still be the best footballing side there.

But the way the play-offs work, and bearing the usual bias in favour of Rangers whenever games get really important, I'm not going to say we'll go up. I think we'll give it a good go and providing we get fair dealings from officials and League authorities, there's no reason why we shouldn't be promoted.

Maybe.

But I still think The Masons In The Black* will see their pals through regardless.

* Joke!

Thecat23
02-05-2015, 02:14 PM
I would have happily accepted a Cup semi-final and a second place finish in the league at the start of the season.

It looks as if Motherwell will be the Premiership side joining us, so I'd say we'll still be the best footballing side there.

But the way the play-offs work, and bearing the usual bias in favour of Rangers whenever games get really important, I'm not going to say we'll go up. I think we'll give it a good go and providing we get fair dealings from officials and League authorities, there's no reason why we shouldn't be promoted.

Maybe.

But I still think the Masons In The Black will see their pals through regardless.

Yeah the officials will defo play their part that's for sure. Hope we just go out and score enough that it won't matter.

Gordy M
02-05-2015, 02:35 PM
I heard that that hibs had an issue with 'mumps' spreading amongst the team around the time of that mini slump? Easter road and the training centre had to be 'deep cleaned' and it affected some of the players?? No sure how serious it was but apparently affected the teams displays around that time??

The Harp
02-05-2015, 02:36 PM
Not going to make any predictions but we've certainly given our promotion prospects a huge boost with today's result. It's obviously going to be extremely difficult but we're in a better place than the Huns, that's for sure. Taking a point from Tynecastle after being two goals up with less than 10 minutes to play won't have done their confidence much good with QoS waiting in the wings. Delighted we've avoided that one. Wouldn't be surprised if it's only been delayed for us and we face a trip to Palmerston in the play off semis. No doubt the match officials involved will play a vital role in whether the Huns' promotion quest is successful or not.

Thecat23
02-05-2015, 02:38 PM
I heard that that hibs had an issue with 'mumps' spreading amongst the team around the time of that mini slump? Easter road and the training centre had to be 'deep cleaned' and it affected some of the players?? No sure how serious it was but apparently affected the teams displays around that time??

Looking back that's a good point! Couple players did have them and maybe it effected the whole squads set up?

Either way it's good to finish 2nd and go into the play offs on a high! If we don't go up I don't think we should be hard on the players as we have finished second and that's the best we could realistically could have hoped for with Hearts have prepared all last season for this.

Benny Brazil
02-05-2015, 02:40 PM

Hibs games will be 20th and 23rd May I think

Gordy M
02-05-2015, 02:43 PM
Looking back that's a good point! Couple players did have them and maybe it effected the whole squads set up?

Either way it's good to finish 2nd and go into the play offs on a high! If we don't go up I don't think we should be hard on the players as we have finished second and that's the best we could realistically could have hoped for with Hearts have prepared all last season for this.
Yeh totally agree mate, i think stubbs and the team have done great to get to this position. Just need to finish it off and get promoted. It will be tough but i think on our day we are as good as any prospective opponents.
It def affected the teams preparations around that time, and the consensus around the club is that it was this that resulted in a dip in form over that 2 week period.

Thecat23
02-05-2015, 02:45 PM
Yeh totally agree mate, i think stubbs and the team have done great to get to this position. Just need to finish it off and get promoted. It will be tough but i think on our day we are as good as any prospective opponents.
It def affected the teams preparations around that time, and the consensus around the club is that it was this that resulted in a dip in form over that 2 week period.

Defo makes sense looking back! Yeah hope we do go up and it will be nothing less than we deserve over the course of the season IMO.

Sir David Gray
02-05-2015, 02:50 PM

Queen of the South v Sevco - 9th May
Sevco v Queen of the South - 17th May

Queen of the South/Sevco v Hibs - 20th May
Hibs v Queen of the South/Sevco - 23rd May

Queen of the South/Sevco/Hibs v 11th in Premiership - 28th May
11th in Premiership v Queen of the South/Sevco/Hibs - 31st May

J-C
02-05-2015, 03:02 PM
I feel we'll do it, we are hitting a good vein of form at the moment, lets hope we don't get rusty waiting for the winners of QOS and Newco, we're scoring goals again and looking fairly solid, we must be favourites to go up now.

J-C
02-05-2015, 03:05 PM

Bugger!! I'm going to miss the home game on the 23rd, going down south to something planned from last year with the wife, need to find a pub in Stourbridge to watch it.

Jim44
02-05-2015, 03:09 PM

As far as the media is concerned, everything is being viewed from the benchmark of it all being about Sevco and them being THE team to beat. I caught the end of the match comments on the radio and heard a pundit, possibly Preston, saying that it was an absolutely wonderful result for Hearts. Maybe it was a good comeback, but 'wonderful'?

GreenCastle
02-05-2015, 03:11 PM
The real big game is going to be against be team who finishes 11th! Especially away leg 2nd.

Need to just make sure we get to that stage with 2 very tough games coming up.

02-05-2015, 03:12 PM

GTF Houston ya classless **** :giruy2::bye:

Clearly still got hearts class about him. Hope Yogi and his team give them an absolute roasting in the cup final.

Pete
02-05-2015, 03:16 PM

Sevco or QOS will be knackered by the 23rd.

So glad we got second and also sort of glad that we don't have a cup final getting in the way.

A few months ago this was a million miles away and now we've done it and given ourselves a real chance. We deserve to go up.

B.H.F.C
02-05-2015, 03:22 PM
Sevco or QOS will be knackered by the 23rd.

So glad we got second and also sort of glad that we don't have a cup final getting in the way.

A few months ago this was a million miles away and now we've done it and given ourselves a real chance. We deserve to go up.

Agree with most of that apart from the bit about the cup final. I really, really wish we had that 'getting in the way'.

Pete
02-05-2015, 03:30 PM
Agree with most of that apart from the bit about the cup final. I really, really wish we had that 'getting in the way'.

I think having the two to go for would be too much when you consider the dates of the games. Normally I would be gutted about the final but for once we have bigger fish to fry.

--------
02-05-2015, 03:31 PM

Could very well be. Mumps is a rotten thing to have as an adult and a full 'deep clean' to prevent its spread would seriously disrupt training. I had them in my early twenties and I felt VERY unwell indeed. It took a number of weeks to recover. If it had spread through the first-team squad we would have been really struggling on the run-in and even if we had made the play-off's we'd have had little chance of performing at all well.

Hearts knew they would be down from the start of last season and so had all year to prepare themselves. Thanks to Butcher and Malpas we weren't organised in any real shape or form until 5-6 weeks into the season, so all told I'd have to say LD and AS have done us proud to get us to where we are right now.

And because we've finished second, AS has a decent spell to get everyone fit and ready for the crunch matches to come.

The trouble is, fifty years of hard experience tells me that now is the time for all good Huns to rally round and make sure we don't get any farther ...

But worst case, I'm reasonably confident we'll do the job next year.

(I THINK ... :wink:)

Thecat23
02-05-2015, 03:33 PM
Could very well be. Mumps is a rotten thing to have as an adult and a full 'deep clean' to prevent its spread would seriously disrupt training. I had them in my early twenties and I felt VERY unwell indeed. It took a number of weeks to recover. If it had spread through the first-team squad we would have been really struggling on the run-in and even if we had made the play-off's we'd have had little chance of performing at all well.

Hearts knew they would be down from the start of last season and so had all year to prepare themselves. Thanks to Butcher and Malpas we weren't organised in any real shape or form until 5-6 weeks into the season, so all told I'd have to say LD and AS have done us proud to get us to where we are right now.

And because we've finished second, AS has a decent spell to get everyone fit and ready for the crunch matches to come.

The trouble is, fifty years of hard experience tells me that now is the time for all good Huns to rally round and make sure we don't get any farther ...

But worst case, I'm reasonably confident we'll do the job next year.

(I THINK ... :wink:)

Agree with all that [emoji106]🏼

emerald green
02-05-2015, 03:47 PM
Yeah the officials will defo play their part that's for sure. Hope we just go out and score enough that it won't matter.

Although Hibs have scored a lot of goals over the season, there have been a few crucial matches where the failure to convert overwhelming possession and superiority into goals has been Hibs downfall.

That's the flaw which bothers me, and makes it difficult to say one way or another, if Hibs will go up.

Obviously I hope Hibs do go up. I think it would be well deserved, considering the shambles this club was in when Dempster & Stubbs and their backroom teams arrived.

hibby6270
02-05-2015, 03:55 PM
Bugger!! I'm going to miss the home game on the 23rd, going down south to something planned from last year with the wife, need to find a pub in Stourbridge to watch it.

You're in luck. All 6 play-off games will be live on BT Sport.

Dashing Bob S
02-05-2015, 04:17 PM
Finishing second has increased our chances of going up from less than 25% to over 33% in my opinion. Whether we face Huns + ref or QOS who've owned us most games, it's still a big ask to triumph and then beat an (admittedly) not great SPL side.

lord bunberry
02-05-2015, 04:26 PM
I hope they get put out by QOS so we won't have to worry about corrupt officials

Onceinawhile
02-05-2015, 04:30 PM
Yes. We're going up. Probably against Kille or motherwell.

Keith_M
02-05-2015, 04:30 PM
I've already bought tickets for the match at Fir Park on the 31st.

:wink:

Sir David Gray
02-05-2015, 04:36 PM
I've already bought tickets for the match at Fir Park on the 31st.

:wink:

I bought them last week.

So glad I built up these extra loyalty points! :greengrin

banchoryhibs
02-05-2015, 04:41 PM
I'm confident that we can win the Championship play off but it depends who the Premiership team is.

If it's Killie bring it on they are on a melt down just now - 6 straight defeats, 17 goals against in those games and only 1 win in the last 10 games. They have a huge away game against Motherwell on Friday followed by an away game against Partick. Motherwell will be more difficult - only lost 2 of the last 6 games.

Whatever - Stubbs has done extremely well regardless

Thecat23
02-05-2015, 04:43 PM
I hope they get put out by QOS so we won't have to worry about corrupt officials

Fingers crossed!

lord bunberry
02-05-2015, 04:48 PM
Fingers crossed!
Other than a brief spell when the new manager came in they've been rubbish since November. Their early season form has kept them up there.

bingo70
02-05-2015, 04:49 PM
Other than a brief spell when the new manager came in they've been rubbish since November. Their early season form has kept them up there.

They pumped rangers recently so you never know!

Ronniekirk
02-05-2015, 04:50 PM
Think we can all speculate but in my mind nothing is that clear cut and I will take it one game at a time The only thing I would prefer is if we have a fully fit squad and no suspensions and that may be difficult to achieve given injuries today and Cummings one booking away from suspension .If he scores in first play off the exuberance of youth could lead to him over celebrating and picking up a booking

The Sundance Kid
02-05-2015, 04:53 PM
Think we can all speculate but in my mind nothing is that clear cut and I will take it one game at a time The only thing I would prefer is if we have a fully fit squad and no suspensions and that may be difficult to achieve given injuries today and Cummings one booking away from suspension .If he scores in first play off the exuberance of youth could lead to him over celebrating and picking up a booking

I believe that if Cummings is booked in the play offs his suspension won't kick in until next season

lord bunberry
02-05-2015, 04:58 PM
They pumped rangers recently so you never know!
Rangers are on a winless run as well. Pundits seem to be tipping them based on the fact that it's Rangers

Andy74
02-05-2015, 04:58 PM

You change your mind more often than my missus!

Nothing changed for me. We can do it but it's a long route and anything can happen. We are the best team in it but you don't always get what you deserve on the day.

Thecat23
02-05-2015, 05:02 PM
You change your mind more often than my missus!

Nothing changed for me. We can do it but it's a long route and anything can happen. We are the best team in it but you don't always get what you deserve on the day.

😁

I honestly thought we'd blown it Andy, looking back to what another poster has said, the mumps that a couple picked up may have contributed to our bad spell.

We look in good shape and hopefully carry that into the play offs. If we don't go up it will be very disappointing but I think over all we have had a good season.

Golden Bear
02-05-2015, 05:10 PM
Rangers are on a winless run as well. Pundits seem to be tipping them based on the fact that it's Rangers

A radio pundit still claims that the rangers have a major club mentality and that will be good enough to see them thru the play offs. I'm quite happy with that kind of talk as in a way, it keeps the pressure away from us.

oneone73
02-05-2015, 05:13 PM

How many wins has McCall the messiah had? Off the top of my head, 4 out of 15?

Ronniekirk
02-05-2015, 05:19 PM
I believe that if Cummings is booked in the play offs his suspension won't kick in until next season
If true that would be great news .

Sir David Gray
02-05-2015, 05:28 PM
How many wins has McCall the messiah had? Off the top of my head, 4 out of 15?

5 out of 11.

Eyrie
02-05-2015, 06:56 PM

If that happens then we will be the team getting all the decisions to make it easier for Sevco Huns next year by ensuring that we won't be in the same division.

Hibernia&Alba
03-05-2015, 11:47 PM
I've said several times there isn't much between any of the teams involved, and I still think it's very difficult to predict which of them will be in the SPL next season. The ability to handle such high stakes mentally will be key, and all teams need a bit of luck. I wouldn't be confident of putting big money any of the teams.

Dashing Bob S
04-05-2015, 05:58 AM
Recent head-to-heads between the three championship clubs show that there is little to choose between them, and I doubt Motherwell are much better or worse than either. So if you accept that, 2nd place was a big deal for us as it lowers our odds from 1 in 4 to 1 in 3. I still think Motherwell, with only two games to prepare for, probably hold the advantage. Although the fact they have such a long lead-in time might work against them.

El Gubbz
04-05-2015, 07:33 AM
Does a team with 'big team mentality' chuck a 2 goal lead with 7 mins to go in a must win game?

bingo70
04-05-2015, 07:39 AM
Does a team with 'big team mentality' chuck a 2 goal lead with 7 mins to go in a must win game?

I was at Easter road a few weeks ago for the showing of the plaques in the tunnel. George Craig and John Doolan were there and they questioned whether rangers were fit enough for the play off schedule, I wonder if the rangers late collapse may have something to do with that as well.

JimBHibees
04-05-2015, 07:39 AM
If true that would be great news .

It is true a suspension for bookings doesn't kick in until 14 days after the booking so JC and PH wouldn't be ruled out. Both are a booking away from a suspension. Miller and Moshni are one away however not sure if they were to be booked in this Saturdays game whether they would miss the 2nd leg tie at ER which is exactly 14 days away.

Sir David Gray
04-05-2015, 07:51 AM

To be fair, they were probably aware that we were 3-0 up by that point and therefore their result was irrelevant.

JeMeSouviens
04-05-2015, 10:55 AM
Recent head-to-heads between the three championship clubs show that there is little to choose between them, and I doubt Motherwell are much better or worse than either. So if you accept that, 2nd place was a big deal for us as it lowers our odds from 1 in 4 to 1 in 3. I still think Motherwell, with only two games to prepare for, probably hold the advantage. Although the fact they have such a long lead-in time might work against them.

If Motherwell beat Killie on Friday they'll only be 3 pts behind them with 2 games left. Killie are on a shocking run, 6 defeats in a row.

GreenCastle
04-05-2015, 11:01 AM
If Motherwell beat Killie on Friday they'll only be 3 pts behind them with 2 games left. Killie are on a shocking run, 6 defeats in a row.

Would be great to send Gary Locke down!

Keith_M
05-05-2015, 08:56 AM
Will We Go Up?

CallumLaidlaw
05-05-2015, 09:07 AM
All I know is I'm thoroughly looking forward to watching Rangers and QoS battle it out over the next 2 weeks just so they have the honour of playing us. Hopefully their 2nd leg goes to extra time, with some red cards and niggling injuries chucked in :wink:

JimBHibees
05-05-2015, 10:41 AM
All I know is I'm thoroughly looking forward to watching Rangers and QoS battle it out over the next 2 weeks just so they have the honour of playing us. Hopefully their 2nd leg goes to extra time, with some red cards and niggling injuries chucked in :wink:

Couldnt agree more and dont see it being anything other than two very close games going on the recent games. Think Queens will need a lead to go to Ibrox.

MrSmith
05-05-2015, 11:00 AM
There is one thing that is bothering me, corruption!

I think we should write to the club and the SPFL to ensure the match officials are in no doubt about their job if Newco manage through the first playoff.. I'm sure most of us will scrutinize the match therefore, it is a must that the Scottish League, SPFL or whomever know, this game cannot be allowed to be corrupt in any form.

Smartie
05-05-2015, 11:09 AM
I was at Easter road a few weeks ago for the showing of the plaques in the tunnel. George Craig and John Doolan were there and they questioned whether rangers were fit enough for the play off schedule, I wonder if the rangers late collapse may have something to do with that as well.

I think there might be something in that. They have a lot of old players, some very young and inexperienced ones and at times they have looked to me like they are blowing a bit.

Our passing style could have them doing a lot more running about than us and I could see us capitalising - especially in the second leg - because they'll have done a lot of running about by that point.

Bad Martini
05-05-2015, 11:31 AM
I've got less than zero interest in the huns. They got what they deserved over the piece and arguably, they got MORE than they deserved. The fact is, the table doesn't lie. It didn't lie last season either. We got what we deserved. We didnt deserve to win due to a shonky start but we have improved. The huns started *****, were ***** and finished *****. They deserve nothing and I hope they get pumped...

Meantime, if we are honest, we probably got what we deserved last season; like it or not, the table didnt lie then either. We were pish. Butcher was even worse than pish. The rest is history.

Now, I would argue strongly we deserve to go up. Lets hope the players remember that (I think last season they all knew what they deserved and that nailed our coffin shut). Lets hope they remember WE should be up there with the mutants and the huns should be where they are.

Can we go up? More than sure we CAN. We have beaten the best teams in this league and could've actually (with some luck, forgetting our start which was not bad luck and just bad) been second more comfortably. Therefore, I dont fear anyone in this league and we CAN beat them. In reality, we are good enough to beat the SPL muppets too.

We will see if we can hold the nerve. If we do this, it'll be a HUGE step forward and the biggest GIRFUY yet the rangers have had from the real world...will do our confidence the world of good for next season and we can (with the right changes) be further towards where we should be at the higher end of the premier league.

GGTTH YA BASS :thumbsup:

CallumLaidlaw
05-05-2015, 11:37 AM
http://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/article/425/9837548/-

Ronniekirk
05-05-2015, 12:01 PM

The way our injury list is growing the players left will need to be fitterThank goodness we finished second as at least that's two games less to play

Sir David Gray
05-05-2015, 08:39 PM

I hope there's a mass pitch invasion during one of the matches from both sets of fans and both teams are disqualified. Then on the night before we are due to play them, I hope Motherwell's players (or whoever finishes 11th) eat a dodgy chicken vindaloo and they have to play their under 17s against us in the final.

:partyhibb

Hibernia&Alba
05-05-2015, 08:48 PM
Couldnt agree more and dont see it being anything other than two very close games going on the recent games. Think Queens will need a lead to go to Ibrox.

They will probably need a three goal or more lead, as the mason in the middle will under the strictest instructions to get the right result.

Liberal Hibby
05-05-2015, 09:18 PM
http://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/article/425/9837548/-

This is good too:

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/scottish-championship/table/form

IWASTHERE1902
05-05-2015, 09:27 PM
They will probably need a three goal or more lead, as the mason in the middle will under the strictest instructions to get the right result.

Ive never really been convinced with this biased referee thing - all referees can't be biased for both Rangers and Celtic. However this season has changed my views, two games where rangers really needed a win - against us at ER and against them on Saturday, I've seen two of the worst refereeing decisions I can remember - the foul on hanlon and the penalty not given. Coincidence they were both must win games for Huns?

IWASTHERE1902
05-05-2015, 09:31 PM
Ive never really been convinced with this biased referee thing - all referees can't be biased for both Rangers and Celtic. However this season has changed my views, two games where rangers really needed a win - against us at ER and against them on Saturday, I've seen two of the worst refereeing decisions I can remember - the foul on hanlon and the penalty not given. Coincidence they were both must win games for Huns?

And there was the unusual amount of injury time when they scored late against Falkirk.

Northernhibee
05-05-2015, 09:43 PM
I do tend to think that the playoffs were put in place to help Sevco up as the powers that be thought they'd struggle to win this league.

I hope that we get a fair shot at it.

hibbytam
05-05-2015, 09:46 PM
I do tend to think that the playoffs were put in place to help Sevco up as the powers that be thought they'd struggle to win this league.

I hope that we get a fair shot at it.

I don't think the powers could imagine anything other than them finishing top.

Ronster117
06-05-2015, 10:36 PM
Im going to say yes we can and will go up. who ever wins QOS or der hun, we should not fear either.... Stubbsy will not allow the players to sit back he will have them going for it all guns blazing. as for well or killie, we are a far better footballing side and they wont know how to cope with the way we play. so for me its a big fat YES :gwa:##