PDA

View Full Version : Fans

JollyGreenGiant
02-05-2015, 01:22 PM
Fans were brilliant today! But thanks to the guy in row O with the hat on who wanted to knock me and 5 year old's head off, because he touched his back during the game!

Cheers, had a row of bairns greetin!

Thecat23
02-05-2015, 01:26 PM
Fans were brilliant today! But thanks to the guy in row O with the hat on who wanted to knock me and 5 year old's head off, because he touched his back during the game!

Seems a minority of fans ruined it for others going by a couple of posts on here.

oconnors_strip
02-05-2015, 01:32 PM

Was it same guys who had the smoke bomb?

JollyGreenGiant
02-05-2015, 01:39 PM

Nah, to the right of them!

Guy was about 50, told me to control my kids (my 5 year has had season ticket since he was 1)

Big hard man!

NYHibby
02-05-2015, 02:21 PM

I was sitting between the kids with the smoke bomb and the 50 year old guys they were arguing with. Both groups should be embarrassed of themselves. I'd rather not attend games than have to sit near them again.

Aldo
02-05-2015, 02:33 PM
Nah, to the right of them! Guy was about 50, told me to control my kids (my 5 year has had season ticket since he was 1) Big hard man!

JGG

First off good on you for not stopping to his level and keeping your cool!!

I will say this though.... The guy would of known all about it had he shouted at my 5 year old.

Hardman ma arse tbh... He knew you wouldn't do anything cos yur kids but his day will come.

Jdawg
02-05-2015, 02:35 PM

Cheers, had a row of bairns greetin! that is shocking behaviour for an 'adult'. Hope your laddie is fine now.

eastterrace
02-05-2015, 02:44 PM

when you say touch his back do you mean kicking the back of his seat ( as thats my biggest bugbear) or just touch his back with his hand and if so a bit heavy to moan at that imo.

Hedlund12
02-05-2015, 02:44 PM

JGG , do you know exactly what seat he was sitting in? Thought about reporting him to HFC? They should know who they sold the ticket too. Maybe won't be much they can do about the incident itself but wouldn't do any harm IMO to make them aware there is an aggressive D@@@ head on their database... Hopefully a few strikes and he'll get emptied!! Had one behind me at Hampden who wished I was a bloke so he could "knock me out!"

IWASTHERE1902
02-05-2015, 03:12 PM
Seems a minority of fans ruined it for others going by a couple of posts on here.

Some of those so called fans were a joke. I was near them, they were like kids on a school trip as soon as the stewards turned their backs they would be wee scamps again. Then do what they were told when the stewards gave them a row! As soon as sensible people left to go to the toilet they would be straight in their seats so they could be near their pals. Only to then be moved again by the stewards. It really was like watching a kids school trip. The scamp with the rucksack and blue jacket - grow up.

Pretty Boy
02-05-2015, 03:21 PM
Some of those so called fans were a joke. I was near them, they were like kids on a school trip as soon as the stewards turned their backs they would be wee scamps again. Then do what they were told when the stewards gave them a row! As soon as sensible people left to go to the toilet they would be straight in their seats so they could be near their pals. Only to then be moved again by the stewards. It really was like watching a kids school trip. The scamp with the rucksack and blue jacket - grow up.

That guy you mention with the blue jacket seems to attract bother at every away game. Trouble has a habit of finding people who act like dafties though.

I was quite near the smoke bomb v old guys stand off. It was all a bit cringey. The young guys with the smoke bomb were annoying everybody. Trying to cram 2 or 3 people i to 1 seat area, standing at other folks seats and refusing to move etc. The older guy who clambered down about 5 rows to square up to one of them before half heartedly pushing him in the throat hardly covered himself in glory either.

Shame it happened as the vast majority of fans today were superb (except the silly mare behind me moaning about us llaying keep ball whilst 3 up with 2 minutes to go).

hibsbollah
02-05-2015, 03:32 PM
Taking 3500 was a good effort.

The_Horde
02-05-2015, 03:39 PM
There was a guy behind me who kept singing Jason cummings baby in a weird English accent and then laughing. Quite immature patter and it wasn't funny the first time so I've no idea why he thought it would be the 100th.

He also really had some hatred for Malonga, but was first to celebrate his goal.

02-05-2015, 03:59 PM
Cringey as **** when groups of little boys that look about 12 with their hair quiffs and chinos start thinking they're hard. Additionally you always get a few grown men (who should know better), that once they have a couple drinks in them they start thinking their big hard men, giving it the "come oan then". Pathetic.

Thankfully, these idiots are in a very small minority. I'm a season ticket holder and been too many away games and my experience is that hibs fans do have a few ********s that tag along (especially on the bigger occasions) but in general are a really good bunch.

02-05-2015, 04:01 PM
when you say touch his back do you mean kicking the back of his seat ( as thats my biggest bugbear) or just touch his back with his hand and if so a bit heavy to moan at that imo.

A bugbear of mine as well but still not an excuse to threaten violence towards someone especially not a wee kid. Some ********s just like giving it the big 'un thinking their hard.

Borderhibbie76
02-05-2015, 04:03 PM
[QUOTE=Lunatic#7;4363547]There was a guy behind me who kept singing Jason cummings baby in a weird English accent and then laughing. Quite immature patter and it wasn't funny the first time so I've no idea why he thought it would be the 100th.

He also really had some hatred for Malonga, but was first to celebrate his goal.[/QUOTE

U must have been sat by me mate...they were incredibly annoying all game. They were trying to be smart about Malonga I thik but it got very boring after first 5mins. Never spoiled a great afternoon tho

My_Wife_Camille
02-05-2015, 04:37 PM
[QUOTE=Lunatic#7;4363547]There was a guy behind me who kept singing Jason cummings baby in a weird English accent and then laughing. Quite immature patter and it wasn't funny the first time so I've no idea why he thought it would be the 100th.

He also really had some hatred for Malonga, but was first to celebrate his goal.[/QUOTE

U must have been sat by me mate...they were incredibly annoying all game. They were trying to be smart about Malonga I thik but it got very boring after first 5mins. Never spoiled a great afternoon tho
I heard that too mate. The guy looked like a fatter uglier version of Martin Boyle. Dreadful banter.

The_Horde
02-05-2015, 04:44 PM
[QUOTE=Borderhibbie76;4363579]
I heard that too mate. The guy looked like a fatter uglier version of Martin Boyle. Dreadful banter.

Don't think so. Maybe though. Couldn't see or breathe due to yet another smoke bomb being let off. After being thoroughly searched on the way in I assumed they would have caught anyone with these. Maybe just didn't like the look of me and my pal.

QMU-1875
02-05-2015, 04:46 PM
There was a guy behind me who kept singing Jason cummings baby in a weird English accent and then laughing. Quite immature patter and it wasn't funny the first time so I've no idea why he thought it would be the 100th.

He also really had some hatred for Malonga, but was first to celebrate his goal.

Yea I know the ones was sat near them again today, I sit near these boys at Easter Road, the patter from them is shocking. Considering moving seats next season due to one of them constantly picking on Liam Craig which is really upsetting my son.

The_Horde
02-05-2015, 04:49 PM

Very, very boring.

PercyHibs
02-05-2015, 04:50 PM

Heard the whole thing as I was in the row behind. It was cringeworthy from both sides and ruined about 5 minutes of the game.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
02-05-2015, 04:51 PM
Anyone got any videos of the atmosphere at the game? Fans singing etc or goals caught on cameras?

The_Horde
02-05-2015, 04:51 PM
Heard the whole thing as I was in the row behind. It was cringeworthy from both sides and ruined about 5 minutes of the game.

Was he part of the Crew singing about Anne Budge being next to go?

Andy74
02-05-2015, 05:01 PM

Agree. Annoys me too when kids aren't controlled enough to not hit or kick people in front of them. Perhaps he was hit one too many times?

PercyHibs
02-05-2015, 05:29 PM
Agree. Annoys me too when kids aren't controlled enough to not hit or kick people in front of them. Perhaps he was hit one too many times?

No. Just to the left of that. Both "big men" wanted the last word and neither would leave it. Was horrible to listen to.

GreenArmyyy!
02-05-2015, 06:15 PM

Not being funny but so what.....

The_Horde
02-05-2015, 06:27 PM

Thanks for that articulate, detailed response.

Teo10
02-05-2015, 06:48 PM
Yea I know the ones was sat near them again today, I sit near these boys at Easter Road, the patter from them is shocking. Considering moving seats next season due to one of them constantly picking on Liam Craig which is really upsetting my son.

Yeah, I sit near these guys too, clearly awful patter constantly with some of the worst shouts I've ever heard.

QMU-1875
02-05-2015, 06:48 PM

It gets really irritating sitting next to people like this. If it's not the guy upsetting my son screaming about Liam Craig there's an Italian looking lad with a really dodgy haircut that keeps screaming at Paul Hanlon. I really wish he knew he is not helping the side, it's quite harmful at a time the fans need to unite...

Seveno
02-05-2015, 07:22 PM
The Anne Budge song is sick. I suggest that the rest of us decent supporters should drown it out with a chant supporting our Club.

marinello59
02-05-2015, 07:25 PM
The Anne Budge song is sick. I suggest that the rest of us decent supporters should drown it out with a chant supporting our Club.

Agreed.

Pretty Boy
02-05-2015, 07:32 PM
I must have missed the Ann Budge song? Take it it was just a few singing it?

Whatever it is it sounds like something we can do without.

Pete
02-05-2015, 07:34 PM
Ann Budge is a ****ing refugee?

hibsbollah
02-05-2015, 07:44 PM
Ann Budge is a ****ing refugee?

Worse. They were doing the Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers refugee song. Racism and MOR american rock has no place at this club :grr:

Coults1875
02-05-2015, 08:09 PM
Seems like there was a pattern with some of the fans getting let out for the day!

I was in row O and the guy behind me spent the full game slagging taiwo and Malonga. As soon as Allan touched the ball he was screaming like a teenage girl.

Was funny to see him celebrating Malongas goal after the ridiculous criticism he was giving the guy the full game.

really felt bad for his son sitting next to him who must have been embarrassed with the amount of people turning there heads in his direction time after time throughout the game.

apart from that, job well done today! GGTTH

LaMotta
02-05-2015, 08:14 PM

I was in the row behind and that was exactly what happened. He had been getting kicked for ages by the wee man in the back of the seat.

His reaction mibbe a bit over the top but some parents should teach their kids how to behave properly Then petty squabbles like the one today wouldnt happen.

Real Emerald
02-05-2015, 08:53 PM
Well I'm on my phone just now but will give my view on the utter twats that thought they were hard men at the game today. **** that should never be classed as Hibs fans, utter wee fanny's, don't come back.

Billy Whizz
02-05-2015, 09:04 PM
Where did this all happen, was at the game today, behind the goals, and saw nothing

sidjames
02-05-2015, 09:09 PM
Where did this all happen, was at the game today, behind the goals, and saw nothing

It was around seats 260 and up. Truly no need.fidgety bairns, intolerant adults. A total overaction from everyone.

Real Emerald
02-05-2015, 09:12 PM

North stand behind goals to the left. Utter **** who cared nothing for dad with kids or old guys etc. The guy that climbed down 15 rows to hit the boozed up prick should get a mention, well done. However the police and stewards should have acted earlier.

The_Horde
02-05-2015, 09:14 PM
I must have missed the Ann Budge song? Take it it was just a few singing it?

Whatever it is it sounds like something we can do without.

To the tune of the vehemently disgusting Wallace mercer song. im sure the lyrics are "tell all the hearts you know, Anne budge is the next one to go. She's 75, she's barely alive.. Anne budge is the next one to go"

Broken Gnome
02-05-2015, 09:16 PM
To the tune of the vehemently disgusting Wallace mercer song. im sure the lyrics are "tell all the hearts you know, Anne budge is the next one to go. She's 75, she's barely alive.. Anne budge is the next one to go"

Do sober people sing that?

Real Emerald
02-05-2015, 09:17 PM

We have to rid our support of this utter csum, no brain wtats.

Pretty Boy
02-05-2015, 09:31 PM

Jeezo. I'm sorry I asked now.

The_Horde
02-05-2015, 09:35 PM
Jeezo. I'm sorry I asked now.

I think I might actually remove it. Would everyone else be keen to delete their posts quoting it too?

Corstorphine Hibby
02-05-2015, 09:40 PM
Do sober people sing that?

Probably not coz she 's only 67.

The_Horde
02-05-2015, 09:43 PM

hahahahahaha

Peevemor
02-05-2015, 09:46 PM
I was in the row behind and that was exactly what happened. He had been getting kicked for ages by the wee man in the back of the seat.

His reaction mibbe a bit over the top but some parents should teach their kids how to behave properly Then petty squabbles like the one today wouldnt happen.

I remember having the same problem once in the old North stand at ER (and there was no backs on the seats). I didn't want to scare the kid so I spoke politely to his dad. Problem solved.

It is very annoying though.

Broken Gnome
02-05-2015, 09:54 PM

Rubbish. Distasteful AND factually incorrect. Doubly unforgivable.

LaMotta
02-05-2015, 10:02 PM
I remember having the same problem once in the old North stand at ER (and there was no backs on the seats). I didn't want to scare the kid so I spoke politely to his dad. Problem solved.

It is very annoying though.

That approach would have helped for sure!

MB62
04-05-2015, 09:21 AM
Not going to repeat the 'Budge' song as I think it is horrible.
I have a lot of respect for what that lady has done for her club (not got a lot of respect for the club) and I think she and Leeann have been a breath of fresh air for not only Edinburgh but for Scottish football.
It's taken two females to have the balls to stand up to the blazers in charge of our game.

Well done to both ladies.

Winston Ingram
04-05-2015, 12:24 PM

What sort of weirdo decides to sit down & come up with that?

AndyM_1875
04-05-2015, 12:27 PM
What sort of weirdo decides to sit down & come up with that?

Probably the same sort of idiot who thinks it's acceptable to be aggressive to a bloke with his 5 year old kid at the match.
Some fans make you despair.

tamig
04-05-2015, 12:34 PM

That's very poor. However, I'd challenge your description of the Mercer song. That is more than fair game imo.

Bostonhibby
04-05-2015, 12:55 PM
That's very poor. However, I'd challenge your description of the Mercer song. That is more than fair game imo.
Agree re Budge but Mercer always was fair game as far as I am concerned. Would have taken our club away from us without a backward glance.

marinello59
04-05-2015, 01:17 PM
Agree re Budge but Mercer always was fair game as far as I am concerned. Would have taken our club away from us without a backward glance.

I'd like to think that no matter what your views were on the Mercer song it's had its day now, especially at non-Derby games. You may saaaaaay I'm a dreamer...:greengrin

My phone auto corrected that to 'the Mercer dong.' Which was bad and not funny at all.

Bostonhibby
04-05-2015, 01:23 PM
I'd like to think that no matter what your views were on the Mercer song it's had its day now, especially at non-Derby games. You may saaaaaay I'm a dreamer...:greengrin

My phone auto corrected that to 'the Mercer dong.' Which was bad and not funny at all.
Wouldn't sing it now but the acrimony I and others feel about him is justified. Budge has not acted in the same way and consequently seems an unfair target for this sort of stuff

HUTCHYHIBBY
04-05-2015, 01:23 PM
Could do without the numerous renditions of the paedo song. Must be great fun trying to explain that one to your kids when they ask you what its about.

marinello59
04-05-2015, 01:32 PM
Could do without the numerous renditions of the paedo song. Must be great fun trying to explain that one to your kids when they ask you what its about.

No you don't understand. Those singing the paedo songs are campaigning against people who corrupt childhood so the feelings of children within earshot doesn't matter. Er............

Bostonhibby
04-05-2015, 01:39 PM

:agree: