PDA

View Full Version : Jason Cummings

AngusHibby
02-05-2015, 01:14 PM
Well done to the lad for winning the golden boot

JJP
02-05-2015, 02:18 PM
20th goal of the season today wasn't it? Great stuff.

McKenzie
02-05-2015, 02:19 PM
What a pass for Malonga's goal as well. Top notch wee man

col02
02-05-2015, 02:21 PM
His improving all round play along with his goalscoring ability is a joy to watch!

Hibs90
02-05-2015, 02:24 PM
Long term deal please:agree:

bingo70
02-05-2015, 02:25 PM
He's certainly proving me wrong.

I still think he'll need to improve to make the step up to the premier league but you simply can't argue with his scoring record, especially when he doesn't take any penalties.

B.H.F.C
02-05-2015, 02:27 PM
His all round game was miles better today. And got his usual goal from a few yards out. He knows where he needs to be.

GreenCastle
02-05-2015, 02:29 PM
No coincidence when he was injured we lost some games.

Considering his age and inexperience he's done well to be top scorer.

He's a natural finisher and reminds me of Fletcher. Not sure he will go as far but currently is doing a job for this team.

BoomtownHibees
02-05-2015, 02:30 PM
And that prick Sow gets in the Team of the Year ahead of him

greenlex
02-05-2015, 02:31 PM
I hope he was watching Baird this afternoon. He could learn a lot from him.

Jdawg
02-05-2015, 02:32 PM
I don't think fletcher was a natural finisher. Fletcher was more about excellent touch / technique.

Jason for me is a penalty box striker, other parts of his game are improving which only comes with experience.

GreenCastle
02-05-2015, 02:34 PM
I don't think fletcher was a natural finisher. Fletcher was more about excellent touch / technique.

Jason for me is a penalty box striker, other parts of his game are improving which only comes with experience.

I agree JC could be a Robbo type with the goals he scores. Seing improvements in his link up play though and to score the goals he's done this season is a remarkable achievement.

skipster7
02-05-2015, 02:36 PM
And that prick Sow gets in the Team of the Year ahead of him

JC has done very well, still got a lot to learn re movement , touch and using his body better. Think some gym work will help him cope next season. As for Sow , he has been woeful every time ive seen him, especially today. JC a far better prospect :flag:

Jdawg
02-05-2015, 02:37 PM
I agree JC could be a Robbo type with the goals he scores. Seing improvements in his link up play though and to score the goals he's done this season is a remarkable achievement.

I would be interested to find out how many assists he has for the season as that is 2 in 2 games.

Great to see that his all round game is getting better, the boy is a real talent.

PPZPOL
02-05-2015, 02:39 PM
I hope he was watching Baird this afternoon. He could learn a lot from him.

Agree, decent player - links up well, runs channels and works hard for his team.

Can't argue with Cummings goal return, he will improve and probably needs to especially with link up play, getting body in right positions when holding off defenders etc and knowing where to run and when. Got the right Manager/Coaches now to develop his talent. Last push now in the playoffs JC, we can do this!

The Sundance Kid
02-05-2015, 02:41 PM
I would be interested to find out how many assists he has for the season as that is 2 in 2 games.

Great to see that his all round game is getting better, the boy is a real talent.

He has 6 assists for the season so far

Also becomes only the 4th Hibs player since the millennium to score 20 goals in a single season, after Riordan, Stokes and Griffiths so doing very well

The Hibee Harp
02-05-2015, 02:45 PM
Jason was excellent today, in fact I would go as far as to say it was one of his best in a Hibs shirt.

Jdawg
02-05-2015, 02:52 PM

Also becomes only the 4th Hibs player since the millennium to score 20 goals in a single season, after Riordan, Stokes and Griffiths so doing very well

Thanks for the info, that's a great return for the season.

S4uzee
02-05-2015, 02:58 PM
Jason was excellent today, in fact I would go as far as to say it was one of his best in a Hibs shirt.

I agree, looked better all round today along with a goal 👍

Johnny_Leith
02-05-2015, 03:01 PM

Garry O'Connor not get 20 one season?

The Sundance Kid
02-05-2015, 03:03 PM
Garry O'Connor not get 20 one season?

His best return was 19 in Mowbray's first season in charge

wookie70
02-05-2015, 04:03 PM
Certainly one of the best games I have seen Jason play. Never lost the ball very much and looked very dangerous every time he was involved in the final third.

lord bunberry
02-05-2015, 04:22 PM
Legend in the making.

Greenblood70
02-05-2015, 04:31 PM
I've really enjoyed watching Cummings development this season - he's a one off that's for sure and you get the feeling he is integral to the spirit in the squad.

Was there ever anything concrete in the rumoured interest from Swansea (or others)? I hope we can keep hold of him for another couple of seasons, I reckon he'll score goals wherever he goes - he jut seems to come alive in the box. Granted he can still improve his link up play further but he's still a reasonably young player who missed a chunk of time thru injury when he would have been developing his game.

Been a great season for the lad - nice to see him getting the credit he's due.

Hiber-nation
02-05-2015, 04:46 PM
Man of the match today. Well done son.

CallumLaidlaw
02-05-2015, 05:02 PM
His decision making has I proved greatly. Some of his runs into the box were superb, and his pass for Malonga was absolutely perfect :thumbsup:

The_Horde
02-05-2015, 06:06 PM
My favourite part of today was when McDonald sold him a dummy and cleared the ball. Hibs won the ball back, cummings got the ball and sold him a dummy back to give himself a tap in. Class

Stewboy
02-05-2015, 06:51 PM
Had a great season and the more cocky he gets the better he gets. Well done to him

Swedish hibee
02-05-2015, 07:37 PM
Well Done :aok: proved all his haters wrong! :wink:

Stuarty27
02-05-2015, 07:52 PM
Cummings was superb today.

Best performance in a Hibs jersey.

Terrific

davemcbain
02-05-2015, 10:54 PM

Got to disagree - Fletcher was a natural finisher - but a bottler (sorry that's harsh) but..... His goals were all instinct. When he had time, 9 times out of 10 he blew it.
Cummings on the other hand might have less natural talent, but he has the temprament to put the ball where he wants it even when under pressure.

I rate him.

--------
03-05-2015, 12:01 AM
Jason is Jason and we really shouldn't be comparing him to other players. He plays his own game and this season that has made him the division's top scorer and a real asset to Hibernian Football Club.

we were looking for a consistent goalscorer and a lot of us were wondering where we would find one - even suggesting we spnd money on someone with a 'proven record'.

(I believe some were even advocating the signing of Fatty Boyd? :faf:)

Jason's form has meant that we haven't needed to waste money like that, and his arrival in the first team from the development squad has been a breath of fresh air to those of us who were wondering when the next decent home-grown talent was going to come along.

Nice one, Jason and congratulations on an excellent season - so far.

Now we want to see you dish the Huns and everyone else in the play-offs.

Finish on a real high - get us back up to the Premiership, son.

Jdawg
03-05-2015, 12:11 AM
Got to disagree - Fletcher was a natural finisher - but a bottler (sorry that's harsh) but..... His goals were all instinct. When he had time, 9 times out of 10 he blew it.
Cummings on the other hand might have less natural talent, but he has the temprament to put the ball where he wants it even when under pressure.

I rate him. if he bottled it or had time and blew it then surely he wasn't a natural finisher? Deeks on the other hand, he could score from anywhere with either foot, fabulous.

I have really enjoyed watching both players at ER.

Onion
03-05-2015, 02:50 AM
JC has been a revelation this season. Cannot understate the size of the task he had as Hibs leading striker and he has more than risen to the task. Yes, he's a cheeky chappy who winds up the opposition but he's walked the talk all season. Top notch player.

Ronniekirk
03-05-2015, 03:01 AM
JC has been a revelation this season. Cannot understate the size of the task he had as Hibs leading striker and he has more than risen to the task. Yes, he's a cheeky chappy who winds up the opposition but he's walked the talk all season. Top notch player.

And still learning his Trade , it's important we keep him next season whichever league we end up in

matty_f
03-05-2015, 03:32 AM
Cummings has so much potential, with the right support and development he could flourish into one of the best strikers we have produced in years.

He'd do well to stick at Hibs for a few seasons then picking the right move.

Hibs90
03-05-2015, 06:25 AM
His snapchats are abysmal though

PeterboroHibee
03-05-2015, 06:49 AM

I rate him.

I dont really agree with that. I think Fletcher is a good player, but hes never been a natural finisher imo. Id say his goal scoring record reflects that, and there were quite a few instances he wasted chances a good finisher would have scored (the clearest examples being where he tried to make contact with his left foot when it was never on). He had so much more to his game though, so I dont mean that as a negative.

As for Cummings, he has been terrific this season, which is great from a 19 year old. He doesnt really seem to have any obvious weaknesses to his game (apart from not wanting to use his right - easily solved with practice!), so he could potentially go as far as he wants. He certainly has the confidence, and he seems to know where the back of the net is!

leither17
03-05-2015, 06:58 AM
His snapchats are abysmal though

What's his username?