PDA

View Full Version : Hearts - yoyo club

Springbank
02-05-2015, 12:20 PM
Hearts look like a team heading straight back down.
Never trust a jambo for a favour eh
They are honking

Thecat23
02-05-2015, 01:07 PM
They are honking

Some comeback!

3pm
02-05-2015, 01:12 PM
Some comeback!

Nothing to shout about mate. Had to wait for McCulloch to come on.

Thecat23
02-05-2015, 01:14 PM

True but I don't think Hearts will go down next season.

tamig
02-05-2015, 01:17 PM
They are honking

They don't look like that to me. They'll survive comfortably next season.

cabbageandribs1875
02-05-2015, 01:19 PM
i think that hertz team are a tad over rated

Kato
02-05-2015, 01:22 PM

Outmuscling clubs in the top tier won't be as easy.

hibees 7062
02-05-2015, 01:32 PM

And Black

sh00byd00
02-05-2015, 01:33 PM
If they're a yo-yo club, I'd hate to see your opinion on us. They've only struggled once they had the title wrapped up and that's usually the norm for clubs or clubs with nothing to play for, hence the reason most relegation clubs begin to string results together towards the end of the seasons. They're mostly up against clubs who have nothing to play for. They were the best team when it mattered most, we nor Rangers weren't.

chrisski33
02-05-2015, 01:38 PM
They are honking

based on what?

Turkish Green
02-05-2015, 01:50 PM
If they're a yo-yo club, I'd hate to see your opinion on us. They've only struggled once they had the title wrapped up and that's usually the norm for clubs or clubs with nothing to play for, hence the reason most relegation clubs begin to string results together towards the end of the seasons. They're mostly up against clubs who have nothing to play for. They were the best team when it mattered most, we nor Rangers weren't.

Very much agree. We need to stop raking the coals of their Lithuanian owned past and give credit where credit is due. The squad they had this season would have competed with most of the Premiership although Celtic (with 12th man Collum) were too strong for them in the cup games. One thing is for sure, Harry Potter will bring in players to strengthen the team for next season.

Let's hope there are Derby games next season.

Forza Fred
02-05-2015, 02:01 PM
Very much agree. We need to stop raking the coals of their Lithuanian owned past and give credit where credit is due. The squad they had this season would have competed with most of the Premiership although Celtic (with 12th man Collum) were too strong for them in the cup games. One thing is for sure, Harry Potter will bring in players to strengthen the team for next season.

this.

They finished well above us because as unpalatable as it may be, quite simply they were better than us.

The league table does not lie.

Thecat23
02-05-2015, 02:04 PM

I think you may be giving them to much credit. Hearts struggled against us in every Derby. Struggled against the Huns as well until they went to 10 men at tynnie last time.

They are skint and I mean skint and 6 players who they wanted to sign have turned them down so far. Wages they are paying are very, very low!

sambajustice
02-05-2015, 02:05 PM
Hearts are over rated and losing players but they wont go back down.

Levein has the formula for keeping a team doing well in Scotland and they'll sign another few hammer throwers over the summer. I'd expect them to be top 6 next season. Also, the bottom of the premiership is dreadful and I'd think as it stands any of the top 4 in the 1st division would beat any of the premiers bottom 4. Confidence and form has a lot to do with it too though I suppose!

hibees 7062
02-05-2015, 02:19 PM
I think you may be giving them to much credit. Hearts struggled against us in every Derby. Struggled against the Huns as well until they went to 10 men at tynnie last time.

They are skint and I mean skint and 6 players who they wanted to sign have turned them down so far. Wages they are paying are very, very low!

Confirmed today by Budgie :greengrin

Thecat23
02-05-2015, 02:20 PM
Confirmed today by Budgie :greengrin

I'm hearing she wants to go back to just being a fan. Did she say today they don't have money?

bingo70
02-05-2015, 02:22 PM
I'm hearing she wants to go back to just being a fan. Did she say today they don't have money?

Doubt that's true tbh. She was in the papers last week saying she wants a more influential role in Scottish football, on the on the board of the spfl or Sfa or something.

hibees 7062
02-05-2015, 02:23 PM

She was asked if they would be throwing money at the league next season

she said we don't have any money

Thecat23
02-05-2015, 02:23 PM
Doubt that's true tbh. She was in the papers last week saying she wants a more influential role in Scottish football, on the on the board of the spfl or Sfa or something.

I read that. Maybe she wants on the board of the sfa and leave her position at hearts?

hibees 7062
02-05-2015, 02:24 PM
I read that. Maybe she wants on the board of the sfa and leave her position at hearts?

Once she gets her money back :greengrin

Thecat23
02-05-2015, 02:25 PM
Once she gets her money back :greengrin

[emoji16]

Steve20
02-05-2015, 02:28 PM
They'll finish top 6.

dalkeith stu
02-05-2015, 03:10 PM
Done well against the part time teams but not nearly as convincing against us and The Rangers.

tamig
02-05-2015, 03:14 PM

its not just about derbies though. They consistently destroyed teams we've toiled against. They won the league easily because they didn't suffer the inconsistency we've had to put up with.

Thecat23
02-05-2015, 03:16 PM
its not just about derbies though. They consistently destroyed teams we've toiled against. They won the league easily because they didn't suffer the inconsistency we've had to put up with.

Because they had a year to prepare for this! They have scored many goals yet played badly where we have played well and struggled to score! They are a very average side and defo bottom six next season for me.

tamig
02-05-2015, 03:20 PM
Because they had a year to prepare for this! They have scored many goals yet played badly where we have played well and struggled to score! They are a very average side and defo bottom six next season for me.

They did have plenty time to prepare and I suspect we'd have been much closer if Dempster had arrived a month earlier. It's been a remarkable achievement for us to finish second when you learn about the state of the club post-Butcher. Still think they will do fine next season though.

02-05-2015, 03:21 PM

Theirs fans as per usual believe in their own self hype and once again are back living in their pathetic little fantasy that they are some world-beating super power club. They have won the league, and fair play to them they've had a great season but they will be brought back down to earth with a bump in the PL i reckon.

Thecat23
02-05-2015, 03:21 PM
They did have plenty time to prepare and I suspect we'd have been much closer if Dempster had arrived a month earlier. It's been a remarkable achievement for us to finish second when you learn about the state of the club post-Butcher. Still think they will do fine next season though.

Couldn't agree more regarding us finishing second. Suppose time will tell with them, I think top of the bottom six for them next year in a very dull season.

sh00byd00
02-05-2015, 03:22 PM

I'd rather we struggled against them and Sevco rather than against almost every single other club in the league at some point or another. People peddle this argument like the games amongst the top 3 teams are/were the only games that should matter or that mattered.

Thecat23
02-05-2015, 03:23 PM
I'd rather we struggled against them and Sevco rather than against almost every single other club in the league at some point or another. People peddle this argument like the games amongst the top 3 teams are/were the only games that should matter or that mattered.

I know what your saying but again back to my point that we were a shambles at the start of the season and Stubbs had a massive task ahead of him. To finish second was unreal.

sh00byd00
02-05-2015, 03:28 PM
I know what your saying but again back to my point that we were a shambles at the start of the season and Stubbs had a massive task ahead of him. To finish second was unreal.

Can't dispute that, mate. Was always going to happen on the back of our really poor run of form from the season before. Kinda knew Hearts would hit the ground running as they had prepared for this, bedded all their younger players in and their finish to last season iirc was maybe only bettered by one or 2 other club's in the spl.

emerald green
02-05-2015, 03:32 PM

Why do we need to stop "raking the coals of their Lithuanian owned past".

Also, the bit in bold. How do you know this? Have you spoken with Levein about it?

They'll finish top 6.

You are of course entitled to your opinion, but have you got a crystal ball?

I have no idea where they will finish, but I hope it's nearer the bottom of the league, if not bottom. Fingers crossed eh?

Thecat23
Can't dispute that, mate. Was always going to happen on the back of our really poor run of form from the season before. Kinda knew Hearts would hit the ground running as they had prepared for this, bedded all their younger players in and their finish to last season iirc was maybe only bettered by one or 2 other club's in the spl.

Exactly mate.

Pete
Who can say as nobody knows what their team will look like next season. Lots of changes I'd imagine.

Greenblood70
Interesting to read the rumours of so many players already turning them down, is that new players or existing squad players they've made offers to? Was curious as to whether there was a money angle to them not keeping Eckersley on, who seemed to be a solid if unspectacular performer for them.

Next season will be about consolidation for Hearts in the SPL, or whatever its called this week. Unfortunately for Budge/Levein if they're not challenging Celtic or even Aberdeen the "we are big team" laughable mentality will surface farily quickly amongst a good percentage of their home support and the grumbling will start as reality dawns. I see a lower to mid table finish where every point is a prisoner for them.

Danderhall Hibs
02-05-2015, 03:34 PM
They'll finish top 6.

Very optimistic of you Steve.

MSK
02-05-2015, 03:34 PM
They'll finish top 6.Stay away from alcohol mate ..14787

green day
02-05-2015, 03:38 PM
Interesting to read the rumours of so many players already turning them down, is that new players or existing squad players they've made offers to? Was curious as to whether there was a money angle to them not keeping Eckersley on, who seemed to be a solid if unspectacular performer for them.

Next season will be about consolidation for Hearts in the SPL, or whatever its called this week. Unfortunately for Budge/Levein if they're not challenging Celtic or even Aberdeen the "we are big team" laughable mentality will surface farily quickly amongst a good percentage of their home support and the grumbling will start as reality dawns. I see a lower to mid table finish where every point is a prisoner for them.

Yep, unless of course they play "finance fitba" again.

Wouldn't put it past them!

Kavinho
02-05-2015, 03:39 PM
this.

They finished well above us because as unpalatable as it may be, quite simply they were better than us.

The league table does not lie.

maybe, but it doesn't show the full story of how much of a shambles we were as we started the season, and how shambolic the rangers 2nd half of the season turned out to be.
Sometimes you just have to look past the headline numbers.

20odd points hides a lot of shortfallings..

Bottom 6 side next year without some decent, and possibly unaffordable summer additions.

Onion
02-05-2015, 03:58 PM
Hibs and Huns had good excuses for coming up short this season. Fair play to Yams for doing a professional job, but they benefitted greatly from the springboard of last season and confidence that regular wins gives you. IMO next season will be a big reality check for them. They'll be up against tougher, better opponents and will have to deal with set-backs and tighter games.

stantonhibby
02-05-2015, 04:06 PM
They'll finish top 6.

Talk down Hibs at every turn but optimistic about them. Whit a bore.

tamig
02-05-2015, 04:10 PM
Yep, unless of course they play "finance fitba" again.

Wouldn't put it past them!

I don't think there is any chance of that happening under Mrs B. It will never happen. She will set a budget and that's what they'll need to operate within.