PDA

View Full Version : BBC and Footballers entirely out of touch with normal fans

worcesterhibby
01-05-2015, 02:20 PM
Maybe it's just me, but I was shaking my head in disbelief today after watching a video on the BBC sports site. Basically it's a flagged up "hilarious" story that Charlie Adam once actually had to go to meet Kenny Dalglish in a mates white van !!! WWWOOOHOOO

It's got to the stage that a story of about a middle of the road Pro's like Adam having to get a lift from a friend "IN A VAN!!!" instead of driving in their latest Ferrari/Bentley..has become a BBC news story.

Charlie..BBC...Getting lift in a mates van..is NOT a funny story...most of us do it every week. You are not the Queen or The President of the USA you are a moderate professional footballer. Maybe if it was David Beckham, Messi or Ronaldo I can see that it might just about be a story..but Charlie Adam...really ?? Kind of sums up everything that is wrong with football these days.

I give up

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32533754

snooky
01-05-2015, 02:24 PM
IIRC, being driven in a white van had a different meaning in my younger days.

:crazy:

wookie70
01-05-2015, 02:28 PM
It was a yellow van with men in white coats when I were a lad.

snooky
01-05-2015, 02:32 PM

Yellow - aye, I think you're right. Oops :embarrass

--------
01-05-2015, 02:37 PM

Nope - it was a white van they used when they came to pick me up.

Albert Einstein was the driver and Clement Attlee and Goldie Hawn were the nurses.

Goldie Hawn .... MMMMM! :devil:

Scouse Hibee
01-05-2015, 02:49 PM
Not sure about the colour of the van but men in white coats took me away in 92 when I swapped LFC ST for Hibs ST. That electric shock treatment unfortunately did not work!