PDA

View Full Version : A reminder for tomorrow

CallumLaidlaw
01-05-2015, 10:34 AM
I am buzzing for tomorrow, and really hope we finally sort Falkirk out and clinch 2nd place. I think its a benefit to get second for those 2 less games, and let the players get fully refreshed for hopefully 4 massive games, with the first 2 against a team that will just have played 2 games in the previous 5 days. There's talk of the players going away for a few days if 2nd is clinched (St Andrews was mentioned last night)

BUT, if for some reason, results don't go our way, I think its important for us to remember that we are still in the playoffs, and have shown over the season that we are better than QoS. We can then try and take the positives from playing, in that winning the 3rd v 4th place play off gives you some momentum.

I believe we can beat anyone on our day, so even if tomorrow doesn't go to plan, lets make sure we regroup for the playoffs and give the squad 100% backing in the weeks to come! GGTTH

:gwa::flag::flag:

JimBHibees
01-05-2015, 10:53 AM
I am buzzing for tomorrow, and really hope we finally sort Falkirk out and clinch 2nd place. I think its a benefit to get second for those 2 less games, and let the players get fully refreshed for hopefully 4 massive games, with the first 2 against a team that will just have played 2 games in the previous 5 days. There's talk of the players going away for a few days if 2nd is clinched (St Andrews was mentioned last night)

BUT, if for some reason, results don't go our way, I think its important for us to remember that we are still in the playoffs, and have shown over the season that we are better than QoS. We can then try and take the positives from playing, in that winning the 3rd v 4th place play off gives you some momentum.

I believe we can beat anyone on our day, so even if tomorrow doesn't go to plan, lets make sure we regroup for the playoffs and give the squad 100% backing in the weeks to come! GGTTH

:gwa::flag::flag:

Completely agree it is a tough game at the best of times and just hope we get a wee break that we havent in some of the other games. Think Rangers will beat Hearts so nothing more than a win will do tomorrow IMO.

Would be good if we could get a couple of goals early tomorrow and really kill it stone dead. Malonga back to form will help massively IMO.

Jones28
01-05-2015, 02:01 PM
Well said. Surely we are due a win against Falkirk though.

Ronniekirk
01-05-2015, 06:01 PM
Well said. Surely we are due a win against Falkirk though.
You would think so but pressure all on us so it will partly come down to how the players handle the occasion and also whether we can defend crosses as Housten likes to remind us

Waxy
01-05-2015, 06:55 PM
Yes well said. There'll be no time for doom and gloom should we have to play QOS. This could quite easily happen, especially with the Sky and SPFL trying to lend their greedy hand to Rangers.

Sir David Gray
01-05-2015, 09:01 PM
I will attempt to remain positive if we finish behind Sevco tomorrow but, realistically, I don't think a team that finishes 3rd or 4th in the Championship will be promoted under the current structure of the play offs.

Finishing second is vital for me.

IWASTHERE1902
01-05-2015, 09:06 PM
First post so be gentle with me.

Totally buzzing for tomorrow. Going with my 11 year old son, we are season ticket holders but I have never seen him as excited about a game(almost had to get the triple dose of calpol out to get him to sleep tonight).

I've been reading the Falkirk forum, and to be fair they have the best name for a forum "only one F in Falkirk", and they really seem to hate us. So hopefully we really stick it to them. We are really due them a skelping!

Baldy Foghorn
01-05-2015, 09:11 PM
I will attempt to remain positive if we finish behind Sevco tomorrow but, realistically, I don't think a team that finishes 3rd or 4th in the Championship will be promoted under the current structure of the play offs.

Finishing second is vital for me.

Depends Trig, the team who wins the Quarter will have momentum, whilst the team finishing second, has 18 days until the Semi...... Hard to call....

Sir David Gray
01-05-2015, 09:17 PM
Depends Trig, the team who wins the Quarter will have momentum, whilst the team finishing second, has 18 days until the Semi...... Hard to call....

I get that argument as well but whoever wins the first play off round, will be playing three matches in the space of six days, from the second leg of the first round to the second leg of the second round and I just think that will take its toll.

FranckSuzy
01-05-2015, 09:17 PM

:agree:

iwasthere1972
01-05-2015, 09:20 PM
Still trying to secure a ticket for the big event. :wink:

Got to admit that I will be hugely disappointed if we don't get the result that we need tomorrow. We may not even need any points depending on what happens at Tynecastle but I would much prefer that we don't have to depend on them doing us any favours.

Didn't know that the Championship could be this exciting.

IWASTHERE1902
01-05-2015, 09:27 PM
Still trying to secure a ticket for the big event. :wink:

Got to admit that I will be hugely disappointed if we don't get the result that we need tomorrow. We may not even need any points depending on what happens at Tynecastle but I would much prefer that we don't have to depend on them doing us any favours.

Didn't know that the Championship could be this exciting.

I've not enjoyed a season as much for years. I know its the championship and we need to get out of it as sson as possible but i have enjoyed this season. Different away grounds, attacking football, something to play for. It beats the last few seasons trying to scrape hoof ball results against Ross County, St Mirren etc. I've enjoyed being a hibs fan this season, its a few years ago since I last thought that.

Hibby Bairn
01-05-2015, 09:31 PM
Oh. And let's no celebrate winning tomorrow (assuming we do) like we have won the league. :rolleyes:

Finishing 2nd place in the old second division should remain an embarrassment to Hibernian FC. Let's just get the job done and get on with the next phase.

Sir David Gray
01-05-2015, 09:33 PM
Oh. And let's no celebrate winning tomorrow (assuming we do) like we have won the league. :rolleyes:

Finishing 2nd place in the old second division should remain an embarrassment to Hibernian FC. Let's just get the job done and get on with the next phase.

Of course not but we can have a wee chuckle at Sevco, if we finish above them though. :agree:

mca
01-05-2015, 09:36 PM
I've not enjoyed a season as much for years. I know its the championship and we need to get out of it as sson as possible but i have enjoyed this season. Different away grounds, attacking football, something to play for. It beats the last few seasons trying to scrape hoof ball results against Ross County, St Mirren etc. I've enjoyed being a hibs fan this season, its a few years ago since I last thought that.

Your Just a Glory Hunter.. :wink:

http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/taunt%20smiley.gif

Eyrie
01-05-2015, 09:44 PM

I thin we deserve multiple guards of honour if we achieve that.

SaulGoodman
01-05-2015, 10:05 PM

You're right, I'll try my best not to enjoy myself tomorrow and shall remain thoroughly embarrassed at what a shambles Hibs are. :rolleyes:

iwasthere1972
01-05-2015, 10:07 PM
Your Just a Glory Hunter.. :wink:

http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/taunt%20smiley.gif

Thought you were talking to me there. :greengrin

IWASTHERE1902
01-05-2015, 10:25 PM

I agree where you are coming from. Its an embarrassment we are where we are. But at least make the best of it. The whole situation is just Hibs!!! We have what I think is a great manager, we have a great chief exec (or whatever her title is) in LD, we have some great players who can play at a bigger level (Allan, Fyvie, Gray) etc. but we are stuck in this poxy league at the same time when 3 out of the top 5 clubs in Scotland (us, Hearts and Sevco). Agree, lets just get on with the job and move on.

B.H.F.C
01-05-2015, 10:46 PM

Still think second is an advantage. With the right training they won't lose much sharpness in two and a bit weeks. Come the second leg of the semi final the 3/4th placed team will be playing its 3rd game in 6 days.

Greenblood70
01-05-2015, 10:52 PM
I feel pretty optimistic about our chances of winning tomorrow. Falkirk, despite Houston's protestations, have carried an unbelievble amount of luck against us. I think we'll win quite comfortably by a couple of goals with the bigotfest at tiny finishing in a draw.

Ronster117
01-05-2015, 11:29 PM
The fans will do their bit in falkirk:gwa:it's now Time for the players to stand up and be counted and show us what it means to them to wear the green:Awright!:

saltandsauce
02-05-2015, 12:43 AM
Hopefully web are in white

Steve20
02-05-2015, 04:42 AM
It's vital we win today. I don't think this team can win three big ties in a row to get through the playoffs. We've been poor when it comes to games that matter and if we can miss out on playing one of those ties, then all the better.

marinello59
02-05-2015, 04:50 AM

I celebrate every Hibs win. If we finish above Sevco I will be bouncing about like a lunatic. I'm shameless me. :greengrin

Pete
02-05-2015, 05:10 AM

What's all this nonsense about "embarrassment"? It's a sport FFS and if all the joy has been sucked out to that extent for you then what's the point?

Even looking at things your cold, joyless way then finishing second in a league with hearts and rangers in it isn't actually that bad.

If we finish second then I'm going mental as it's been some achievement when you consider the start we had.

Hibby Bairn
02-05-2015, 06:59 AM
What's all this nonsense about "embarrassment"? It's a sport FFS and if all the joy has been sucked out to that extent for you then what's the point?

Even looking at things your cold, joyless way then finishing second in a league with hearts and rangers in it isn't actually that bad.

If we finish second then I'm going mental as it's been some achievement when you consider the start we had.

For me it is like the guys who chuck their runners up medals away. People who understand where Hibs should be and recognise that finishing second in this league is no benchmark of success.

Now if we were heading into tomorrow needing a win to finish second in the Premier League and qualify for Europe that would be a different matter.

But not second in a league that Hibs should never be in in the first place.

It is s bit like getting beat 0-7 at home in July in Europe and not thinking our manager should be sacked on the spot the same night.

That is how far our benchmarks have tumbled.

Time to sort and raise the bar back up to where it should be.

Sir David Gray
02-05-2015, 01:44 PM

Finishing 2nd's definitely vital eh? ☺