PDA

View Full Version : Everton game - boozers round Goodison and Liverpool in general.

alan1875
30-04-2015, 09:32 PM
It's my mates stag do in Liverpool next weekend and 16 of us are going to the Everton v Sunderland game. Does anyone know of any good boozers round Goodison before the game?

Also, any general pub and restaurant tips for a group of lads for the weekend would be welcome. Never been down to Liverpool before but have heard good things!

Sir David Gray
30-04-2015, 09:36 PM
It's my mates stag do in Liverpool next weekend and 16 of us are going to the Everton v Sunderland game. Does anyone know of any good boozers round Goodison before the game?

Also, any general pub and restaurant tips for a group of lads for the weekend would be welcome. Never been down to Liverpool before but have heard good things!

Really!? :confused:

woodythehibee
30-04-2015, 09:40 PM
Liverpool is class for a night out, especially if you like live music. I usually spend my time in Mathew St, the Cavern Club is there too. Most bars/clubs full of live music all night in Mathew St.

For the clubs, head to Concert Square.

NadeAteMyLunch!
30-04-2015, 09:42 PM
Liverpool is class for a stag wkend. We were down a couple of years ago for 3 nights. Don't ask me where I went as I don't have a clue, however it was a lot of fun [emoji482]

alan1875
30-04-2015, 10:06 PM
I'm looking forward to it, it's a good bunch of lads going down but it will no doubt be messy.

lyonhibs
30-04-2015, 10:08 PM
Really!? :confused:

It's a great night out. Considerably better than Falkirk, to pick a random example.....

CallumLaidlaw
30-04-2015, 10:12 PM
The Royal Oak is the pub we always go to before the game. Plenty TVs, really good atmosphere. And I would agree with Mathew street at night. Plenty good pubs with live music down there

Sir David Gray
30-04-2015, 10:12 PM
It's a great night out. Considerably better than Falkirk, to pick a random example.....

It was an attempt at a joke, given my ongoing digs about Liverpool FC.

Apologies...:aok:

Scouse Hibee
30-04-2015, 10:54 PM

I got it :-)

Scouse Hibee
30-04-2015, 10:59 PM

Stay away from The Red Hot buffet in Liverpool One! Early KO gor Everton game 12.45.

lyonhibs
01-05-2015, 04:13 AM

Ahhhhhh fair enough. I thought you were having a pop at the place itself. If it's just LFC, then crack on by all means !

Dashing Bob S
01-05-2015, 05:40 AM

Philharmonic has best toilets of any pub in the world. Nice bar too. Have a pint and then go for a pish if you can fight off the Japanese tourists trying to take pictures of your tadger.

simple
01-05-2015, 06:00 AM
Also, any general pub and restaurant tips for a group of lads for the weekend would be welcome. Never been down to Liverpool before but have heard good things![/QUOTE]

Love Liverpool for a night out, Concert square and Matthew street for all the bars and clubs!

blackpoolhibs
01-05-2015, 06:55 AM
Philharmonic has best toilets of any pub in the world. Nice bar too. Have a pint and then go for a pish if you can fight off the Japanese tourists trying to take pictures of your tadger.

:faf: I would love to live inside your head. :top marks

heretoday
01-05-2015, 06:59 AM
Good pub is Dr Duncans near Lime St station. Exit station and turn right. Keep going downhill with the huge St George's Hall on the right. It's full of fans of both hues and sells the local brew plus nosh. Address is St John's Lane!

matty_f
01-05-2015, 07:01 AM
:faf: I would love to live inside your head. :top marks

Kinky!

Scorrie
01-05-2015, 10:56 AM
Regards to pubs ahead of the game, the Leigh Arms on Barlow Lane is ok as is the Winslow Hotel which is right next to the stadium on Goodison Road. Both get busy but good atmosphere. The stadium isn't that far from city centre so you could even have a pint there and jump a cab to the match.At night Cavern Quarter is v lively and Concert Square can be good as well. Enjoy !

HH81
01-05-2015, 11:37 AM
Good choice is Liverpool. Enjoy. Been to Everton before be a few restricted views but enjoy the game.

CockneyRebel
01-05-2015, 11:51 AM

Lock up your hubcaps

Logie Green
01-05-2015, 11:52 AM
I think the Winslow Hotel is closed. If so try the Thomas Frost - a Weatherspoons - about 5 minutes walk from Goodison and Anfield. Average but handy and nae bams.

Scouse Hibee
01-05-2015, 12:20 PM
Any of the pubs on Walton Lane where the Wetherspoons is are decent on match days, there's one called Bradleys or Bentley s wine bar which is really a decent boozer or closer to the ground try the Spellow for good matchday atmosphere. Also if you get a chance have a look at a proper football club just across Stanley Park :-)

Scorrie
01-05-2015, 12:44 PM
Any of the pubs on Walton Lane where the Wetherspoons is are decent on match days, there's one called Bradleys or Bentley s wine bar which is really a decent boozer or closer to the ground try the Spellow for good matchday atmosphere. Also if you get a chance have a look at a proper football club just across Stanley Park :-)

Nah there's nothing across Stanley Park worth looking at 😉😉

Scouse Hibee
01-05-2015, 02:34 PM
Nah there's nothing across Stanley Park worth looking at 😉😉

Correct when standing with Anfield at your back :-)

Boris
01-05-2015, 03:20 PM
Trouble with the pubs around Goodison is you can't get any lagers - they only serve bitters......................:agree:

The Harp
01-05-2015, 06:08 PM
Sure you'll have a great time in Liverpool. I was down at Goodison three years ago for Everton v Chelsea (finished 2-0 to the Toffees:aok:). We had a great weekend - visited some good pubs, and a few in need of refurbishing, but all with friendly locals. Mind you, maybe I'm biased as my dad was a Scouser (and Evertonian) and we visited family there every summer when I was a kid. Enjoy!

Sioux
01-05-2015, 06:21 PM
Trouble with the pubs around Goodison is you can't get any lagers - they only serve bitters......................:agree:

:greengrin

AlbertK86
01-05-2015, 09:08 PM
Not many great ones around stadium but for early evening and night time entertainment with quality eye candy on view The Pumphouse down at the Dock area is the place or was a few years ago

alan1875
02-05-2015, 08:06 AM
Thanks for all the suggestions folks! Plenty to think about.

None of us are actual Everton fans (just for clarity), but all are football daft and going to a game was always on the cards wherever we ended up.

Most of them are Jambos though, which is a crying shame...

Wavertree Hibby
02-05-2015, 08:25 AM
If you like a great choice of beers/lagers/ciders, find your way to The Ship and Mitre at the end of Dale St. Not far in a cab from there to Goodison.
My Kids say avoid Concert Square unless you're prepared for a fight.
Enjoy, It's a great city.

Broken Gnome
16-05-2015, 12:47 PM
Slight variation on this...

Anyone know the best place to watch the FA Cup final on Saturday 30th? With the fairly big caveat that it's a stag party of 15 so would need somewhere of a certain style and size rather than someone's favourite pub.

Tried/trying the Camp and Furnace and Shooters at present, any others?

_hucks_
16-05-2015, 12:55 PM
Slight variation on this...

Anyone know the best place to watch the FA Cup final on Saturday 30th? With the fairly big caveat that it's a stag party of 15 so would need somewhere of a certain style and size rather than someone's favourite pub.

Tried/trying the Camp and Furnace and Shooters at present, any others?

Camp and Furnace is huge, so will do you well for the numbers. A bit beards, beanies and tattoos in there, but I like it well enough.

Broken Gnome
16-05-2015, 01:19 PM
Camp and Furnace is huge, so will do you well for the numbers. A bit beards, beanies and tattoos in there, but I like it well enough.

I don't think they'll like us well enough then...

micksoo
16-05-2015, 02:32 PM
Bierkeller

Broken Gnome
16-05-2015, 06:36 PM
Bierkeller

Is that the same as Shooters? Fully booked.

Cheers though.