PDA

View Full Version : Keith Watson

Golden Bear
30-04-2015, 04:54 PM
Dundee United won't be offering him a new contract according to Radio Scotland.

When he's fit, he's definitely an asset to the team and we should consider signing him for next season but that may ultimately depend on which league we're playing in and of course whether he has offers from elsewhere.

Hibeesmad
30-04-2015, 04:56 PM
Id prefer to use the wages for him to keep other players in the team

Thecat23
30-04-2015, 05:02 PM
Dundee United won't be offering him a new contract according to Radio Scotland.

When he's fit, he's definitely an asset to the team and we should consider signing him for next season but that may ultimately depend on which league we're playing in and of course whether he has offers from elsewhere.

I'm not that fussed at all with Watson. He's not been bad but he's not been that good either for me. When we took him Utd said then he wasn't getting a new deal!

If we went up I'd like better myself!

Boyle89
30-04-2015, 05:28 PM
I'm not that fussed at all with Watson. He's not been bad but he's not been that good either for me. When we took him Utd said then he wasn't getting a new deal!

This. He looked so slow against the rangers. Maybe not fully fit but still think we could do better.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
30-04-2015, 05:38 PM
of he can improve his horrendous crossing, maybe.

ancient hibee
30-04-2015, 05:39 PM
Gray and Forster are both better than him-better to bring on another youngster.

MB62
30-04-2015, 06:28 PM
Gray and Forster are both better than him-better to bring on another youngster.

:agree:

Brooster
30-04-2015, 07:18 PM
We need better than Watson in my opinion.He's average at best and injury prone, he reminds me so much of Clancy. He was blowing out of his erkie when he came on at half time recently. Free up a wage and have Dunsmore as back up to Gray and Forster.

B.H.F.C
30-04-2015, 07:27 PM
He's done all right playing on the right of a 3 or in the middle of a 4.

At right back he's slower than a week in the jail though.

Centre Hawf
30-04-2015, 08:08 PM
I'd rather keep Boyle as he at least gives us the option to play him Up front, out wide and wing back if someones injured. Would be happy to keep Watson though but like majority I'm not sure i'd be gutted if he was to leave. If Fontaine doesn't stay though Watson would be a decent addition to the centre halves, he looks decent there.

iwasthere1972
30-04-2015, 08:11 PM

I think you're right. I don't really want to criticise players too much but I couldn't see him getting past a defender even if the defender had a sack of coal on his back and was wearing roller skates. There's definitely better out there.

Forza Fred

Spot on.

A few more games at full back where he is outpaced time and time again will see him a target for the boo boys should we retain him.

J-C
We have a young WB in the U20's that I'd rather see getting game time, Watson gave us added cover when needed but it's a no from me.

Eyrie
30-04-2015, 08:19 PM
Watson isn't mobile enough to cover for Gray at right back and not as good as Forster at centre half, so I'll wish him good luck elsewhere.

Greenblood70
30-04-2015, 08:30 PM

Kind of agree with this, he's not really shone imo, . I'd prefer to use his wage to keep Fontaine and Forster has done well since coming back into the reckoning also.

Thecat23
30-04-2015, 08:32 PM
Kind of agree with this, he's not really shone imo, . I'd prefer to use his wage to keep Fontaine and Forster has done well since coming back into the reckoning also.

Yep, I think the wage could be better spent within the squad IMO. [emoji106]🏼

Andy74
30-04-2015, 09:06 PM
of he can improve his horrendous crossing, maybe.

We've scored a few from Watson crosses have we not??

The Sundance Kid
30-04-2015, 09:17 PM
We've scored a few from Watson crosses have we not??

He had 2 assists in our 3-0 win at home to Dumbarton

Ronniekirk
30-04-2015, 09:17 PM
I know Stubbs praised him when he played three at the back and we won 2. 0 at ibrox. But overall I have yet to be convinced by him !not sure if he has ever been fully fit but if he didn't stay I wouldn't be losing any sleep over it

matty_f
30-04-2015, 09:19 PM
I like Watson, I'd be happy if we signed him up.

brog
30-04-2015, 09:30 PM
He had 2 assists in our 3-0 win at home to Dumbarton

Thats the only game I've seen since he joined & he was outstanding. I'm surprised at the negativity of comments on here as I only read positive things about KW until he was injured.

Real Emerald
30-04-2015, 09:49 PM
I think he's a good player but to me he looks really unfit, soaking with sweat from early on and struggles to get up and down the line with any pace. I don't know if this would improve given a pre season and keeping clear of injury but the jury is definitely out to what I've seen so far. It's 50/50 for me and I don't know if that's worth the risk?

JimBHibees
30-04-2015, 09:50 PM
Decent player who just needs a good preseason.

JimBHibees
30-04-2015, 09:50 PM
I think he's a good player but to me he looks really unfit, soaking with sweat from early on and struggles to get up and down the line with any pace. I don't know if this would improve given a pre season and keeping clear of injury but the jury is definitely out to what I've seen so far. It's 50/50 for me and I don't know if that's worth the risk?

Agree with that.

Brightside
30-04-2015, 10:14 PM
Based on the chat tonight Watson is on the maybe list for next season.

lord bunberry
01-05-2015, 08:54 AM
I like Watson, I'd be happy if we signed him up.
So do I. I think he will go on to be a cracking player.

truehibernian
01-05-2015, 09:00 AM
Based on the chat tonight Watson is on the maybe list for next season.

A coach I know told me Carmichael and Reilly from QotS are high on the list. I've only seen fleeting glimpses of Reilly, looks a talent - I've liked Carmichael since seeing him in a LC game we lost under Fenlon - was it Reilly that scored that night or am I thinking of someone else ?

JimBHibees
01-05-2015, 09:05 AM
A coach I know told me Carmichael and Reilly from QotS are high on the list. I've only seen fleeting glimpses of Reilly, looks a talent - I've liked Carmichael since seeing him in a LC game we lost under Fenlon - was it Reilly that scored that night or am I thinking of someone else ?

Nicky Clark and Reilly scored that day.

PeterboroHibee
01-05-2015, 10:08 AM

Hes never a CB. He can get away with it against most of the teams we are playing at the moment, but when he played there for United he really struggled.

If the deal worked for both parties Id keep him as back up if we dont get promoted, but if we do we need better.

Heisenberg
01-05-2015, 10:08 AM

Reilly is out of contract but I'm pretty sure we'd still need to pay to get him due to his age. I'd be very happy if we were to get them both tbh.

Nevi_SOL
01-05-2015, 10:29 AM
Reilly is out of contract but I'm pretty sure we'd still need to pay to get him due to his age. I'd be very happy if we were to get them both tbh.

Reilly, Holt and Carmichael are all out of contract end of season id be chuffed with all 3

renato
01-05-2015, 01:03 PM
Reilly, Holt and Carmichael are all out of contract end of season id be chuffed with all 3

All 3 would be good additions for us, regardless of what league we're in next season. Especially Carmichael, proper old fashioned winger with pace to burn and good technique.