PDA

View Full Version : Nigel Pearson....!?!?!?

stokesmessiah
29-04-2015, 11:25 PM
Did anyone else see his interview - that guy is so weird, he tries to come across as being clever as well and just sounds/looks as thick as two short planks!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32527129

Hibeesmad
29-04-2015, 11:29 PM
He seems to have a massive attitude problem, not the first time he has had a go at people this season

HibsNutter
29-04-2015, 11:44 PM
Love how he stalled for a while, obviously trying to think of an obscure word before it dawned on him that his vocab wasn't too expansive.

ekhibee
30-04-2015, 01:08 AM
If anybody saw the incident with James McArthur when Pearson wouldn't let him go, and his interview after it, they really wouldn't be surprised by this. A very strange character, rather creepy in my opinion.

lord bunberry
30-04-2015, 02:19 AM
He is a strange man, but he will be a contender for manager of the season if he keeps Leicester up.

BT58
30-04-2015, 04:14 AM
Just saw this on SSN. He said that reporter was either silly or stupid for asking his question.
When Pearson asked the same reporter to ask a different question, the reporter started mumbling and emming (sp) at which point Pearson got up and left the room

bigwheel
30-04-2015, 05:03 AM
He's a bully, there's been a few instances like this ....absolutely no excuse for him to try to make a fool out of the Journo like that

Pete
30-04-2015, 05:48 AM
Looks like a deliberate attempt to deflect attention away from his players. Nobody will remember any bad individual performances from Leicester players last night. Looks nasty but it's the business end of the season and anything goes. He's a bit odd but he's a good manager and like others have said, nobody connected with the club will give a stuff about all this if he keeps them up.

overdrive
30-04-2015, 05:57 AM
He kind of had a go at a Sky reporter pre match too when he was asked if he'd considered resting players. Came across as so condescending towards the reporter.

Big_Franck
30-04-2015, 06:28 AM
I think he has mental health issues.

He's done a great job with Leicester though, i hope they stay up.

leither17
30-04-2015, 06:28 AM
Looks like a deliberate attempt to deflect attention away from his players. Nobody will remember any bad individual performances from Leicester players last night. Looks nasty but it's the business end of the season and anything goes. He's a bit odd but he's a good manager and like others have said, nobody connected with the club will give a stuff about all this if he keeps them up.

I thought they played very well last night 3-1 flattered Chelsea massively and they were well worth a point.I watched his Sky interview and he was fine on that as well something has cracked maybe it was past his bedtime

HH81
30-04-2015, 06:40 AM
What an idiot, if I was the reporter I would have asked him a stupid question after he started being like that!

Wheat Hound
30-04-2015, 07:02 AM
What a tool

Clarence
30-04-2015, 07:16 AM
Alan Partridge-esque.

Pretty Boy
30-04-2015, 07:41 AM
He doesn't come across at all well but since his last rant at a journo a few weeks back Leicester have got out the bottom 3. Maybe he feels deflecting the spotlight from the players is helping.

That said it's not really on to call people stupid and such like for trying to do their job. Even more so when he hardly appears a Mensa candidate himself.

GreenArmyyy!
30-04-2015, 07:41 AM
He is a clown and a bully.

nickwhibs
30-04-2015, 07:50 AM
Alan Partridge-esque.

Had that same thought. Hilarious.

nellio
30-04-2015, 09:28 AM
A very strange fella. Im sure he was involved in an altercation with fans earlier this season as well as the McCarthy incident and now this.

jacomo
30-04-2015, 09:32 AM
To be fair, Pearson and the journo seem to know each other. However, this conversation out of context makes it look a bit weird.

NAE NOOKIE
30-04-2015, 09:40 AM
Some of his actions this season have been a bit odd to say the least ... I wonder if the pressure is too much for him. I'm pretty sure that the media have been reasonably kind to his team, with most of them saying they were playing well and often not getting the results their play deserved.

Bostonhibby
30-04-2015, 09:51 AM
Got a soft spot for the foxes - went to many of their games when I lived there - this guy is a strange one - there are ways to deflect the pressure from the players but he seems to make an erse of trying to be clever - football's a business now and he ain't doing their image much good and I wonder if SKY are happy about the interview and treatment of their reporter?

Relegation or not I think he will be offski at the end of the season or whenever his contract expires.

Bostonhibby
30-04-2015, 09:52 AM
Some of his actions this season have been a bit odd to say the least ... I wonder if the pressure is too much for him. I'm pretty sure that the media have been reasonably kind to his team, with most of them saying they were playing well and often not getting the results their play deserved.

:agree: especially when they battered Man U and on their recent run ironically!

J-C
30-04-2015, 10:16 AM
The weird thing is, Pearson mentioned about criticism etc and the journo just asked him to elaborate on what exact criticism he was talking about, then he went a bit loopy, seemingly was a big bruiser and bully as a player too, not too disimilar to Butcher, hard player and a bully of a boss who tries to be overly smart with his answers.

Sir David Gray
30-04-2015, 10:19 AM
Saw this earlier this morning. He is a bully and quite a strange individual. He should be treated with the contempt that he shows others.

I actually think he has some sort of mental health issue.

stanton_4
30-04-2015, 10:22 AM
He gives me the impression he is a man who is constantly trying to keep control of his anger.
In my opinion he is a psychopath at worst and sociopath at best.

fatbloke
30-04-2015, 11:12 AM
He gives me the impression he is a man who is constantly trying to keep control of his anger.
In my opinion he is a psychopath at worst and sociopath at best.

Agree 100%. He is the gut you steer clear of in the pub.

Wotherspiniesta
30-04-2015, 11:31 AM
You know when you're growing up, and you have your group of mates. You like a good laugh, having a kick about in the park etc. You try and avoid getting into mischief when you're around the parents. Nigel Pearson is like that one kids Dad who you will try and avoid being around because you just know he'll puncture your baw if it gets kicked in his garden.

hibeemikey21
30-04-2015, 12:10 PM
His best interview yet involved fighting for his life against a pack of wild dogs on his holiday. Blinded one of them with a stick, apparently 😂

The man is absolutely crackers! The story above reminded me of Ross Kemp in extras:

"I headbutted a horse once"

Edit: here is the link to the dogs story:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/leicester-city/10610721/Leicester-City-manager-Nigel-Pearson-happy-to-keep-away-from-the-pack-at-top-of-the-Championship.html

"Blinded a couple", in fact!

Seveno
30-04-2015, 12:10 PM
If I was his Chairman, I would be having serious words with him. This could be grounds for bringing the club into disrepute.

Van Gaal was no better on Saturday being extremely rude to a BBC reported that was just trying to do their jobs. These people have to realise that, without the media, the big money would soon disappear from the game.

lord bunberry
30-04-2015, 12:12 PM
If I was his Chairman, I would be having serious words with him. This could be grounds for bringing the club into disrepute.

Van Gaal was no better on Saturday being extremely rude to a BBC reported that was just trying to do their jobs. These people have to realise that, without the media, the big money would soon disappear from the game.
Sky love this sort of thing, it gets people tuning in and that's all they really care about.

KeithTheHibby
30-04-2015, 12:17 PM
The journalist asked a stupid question, Pearson tore him a new a hole.

If this was Mourinho or Strachan we would be lapping it up.

Sometimes I wish managers were a bit more like Pearson when it came to interviews with the amount of stupid questions they get asked.

worcesterhibby
30-04-2015, 12:19 PM
He makes my skin crawl..can't stand him. Hope Leicester go down purely because he is their manager. sorry Foxes

Danderhall Hibs
30-04-2015, 12:21 PM

Sometimes I wish managers were a bit more like Pearson when it came to interviews with the amount of stupid questions they get asked.

I'm not convinced it was a silly question - just that Pearson didn't have examples to back up his claim so he went off on one.

KeithTheHibby
30-04-2015, 12:27 PM
I'm not convinced it was a silly question - just that Pearson didn't have examples to back up his claim so he went off on one.

He was getting it tight a few months ago.

heretoday
30-04-2015, 12:37 PM
Pearson's a classic! If you wanted a portrait of a man under stress there it was last night.

Of course he's a bully. A lot of them are.

I hope the Foxes stay up as they are a good attacking team and have been most unlucky with results this year.

bigwheel
30-04-2015, 12:37 PM

They would do it with clever content , he simply replied with rudeness and anger. Completely different styles

Hibby Bairn
30-04-2015, 12:39 PM
Gordon Strachan used to be a bit of a p***k during interviews as well.

worcesterhibby
30-04-2015, 12:50 PM
Pearson tore him a new a hole.

No Pearson ranted on, unable to express himself properly then called him an Ostrich, then asked if he was flexible, then tried to big himself up by saying I can you can't..even though nobody really knew what the hell he was on about. Pearson made a knob of himself (Again), Journo looked reasonable by comparison. IMHO:greengrin

Alex Trager
30-04-2015, 01:32 PM
I don't think Leicester have been unlucky this season.
If you don't keep the ball out your net and put it in the oppositions net, you're not unlucky. You're not doing your job.

As for that interview. The man seems a bit like an idiot tbh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hibernia&Alba
30-04-2015, 03:06 PM
Alan Partridge-esque.

It was, aye; particularly the bit where he asks the reporter if he can get his hand in the sand: "I can, you can't". Erm, whit ye talkin aboot?

It seems he has a reputation as a rather nasty guy.

Pete
30-04-2015, 03:51 PM
Pearson's a classic! If you wanted a portrait of a man under stress there it was last night.

Perhaps this is what it was all along. Public apology to the guys face made and accepted. Good on him for doing the right thing as it was a bit nasty.

Kojock
30-04-2015, 04:37 PM
This is how to deal with stupid questions from reporters :wink:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7P7XJxATAA

Alex Trager
30-04-2015, 05:20 PM
This is how to deal with stupid questions from reporters :wink:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7P7XJxATAA

Hahaha.
Some folk are nuts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iwasthere1972
30-04-2015, 05:23 PM
Perhaps this is what it was all along. Public apology to the guys face made and accepted. Good on him for doing the right thing as it was a bit nasty.

Maybe his chairman told him to apologise or else. I find him irritating in his interviews.

Tyler Durden
30-04-2015, 06:10 PM

There's a video today with a Five Live journalist Pat Murphy really getting stuck into Pearson. Makes valid points but all quite cringe worthy stuff.

Holmesdale Hibs
30-04-2015, 07:48 PM
Pearson is a dick. But fair play to him, I put money on Leicester going down and he's really turned it round recently and given them a great chance.

Hibernia&Alba
30-04-2015, 07:50 PM
There's a video today with a Five Live journalist Pat Murphy really getting stuck into Pearson. Makes valid points but all quite cringe worthy stuff.

I've just listened to it. Pat Murphy is quite right, Pearson appears a bully.

J-C
30-04-2015, 08:08 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32537484

Half way down the page is the recent interview withe Pat Murphy tearing into him, he looks livid :greengrin

Stax
30-04-2015, 09:16 PM
The guy gives me the heebie jeebies, his "interaction" with James Mcarthur was one of the weirdest things I've seen in football.

Greenblood70
30-04-2015, 09:34 PM
Pearson is a ticking timebomb in press conferences it seems.

I bet Leicester's press officer will be having a few uncomfortable discussions with the directors. That (the Pat Murphy vid) was car crash viewing and in these days of almost scripted, anodyne platitudes was all the more surprising. I don't know why it was allowed to escalate to the point it did..I thought Murphy was at times trying to goad Pearson into another outburst and it lessened some of the other valid points he made.

Future17
01-05-2015, 02:25 PM

I agree. I don't particularly like Pearson, but why do we make managers sit through such boring, repetitive and quite often stupid questioning on a regular basis?

I've just listened to it. Pat Murphy is quite right, Pearson appears a bully.

I think Pat Murphy comes off worse in the clip of the press conference. He's exhibiting some classic, "look-at-me", show-off type behaviour because he knows that the sides of right and wrong from the previous night have clearly been defined and he thinks he'll look the big man in front of his "fellow journalists". What is he actually seeking to achieve with his line of questioning? Pearson was in the wrong; he admitted it and he apologised. What more is there really to say on the matter when Leicester are in the middle of a relegation battle?

As for Murphy's point about the media putting a lot of money into football, that's absolute bollocks. Media only have money to spend in ludicrous amounts on football coverage because of sales and commercial interests and that comes purely from fans who want information on the game. Journalists like Murphy who appear incapable of asking interesting or creative questions that we might actually want to know the answer to, despite the privileged access their jobs afford them, aren't serving the fans well at all.