PDA

View Full Version : NHC PFA Manager of the Year 2015

hibee92
29-04-2015, 01:29 PM
Yogi, Deila, McInnes and Neilson nominated.

Thoughts?

soupy
29-04-2015, 01:38 PM
I'd go for Yogi, cup final and finishing third in the league....outstanding season for them....Celtic winning the league is expected.....Other two, Mcinnes, done well, and Neilsons just a puppet :-)

cabbageandribs1875
29-04-2015, 01:51 PM
yogi= possible 3rd in the league and a cup final appearance

delila= most managers would lead sellick to a league win

Mcinnes= done a very good job with the sheep in the league

Neilson= craig LeVains spokesperson, utterly ridiculous that he's even been nominated, was it budge that nominated him ?

only one winner, Yogi

PatHead
29-04-2015, 01:52 PM
Out of those nominated I would go for Yogi. Both Delia and McInnes had much higher budgets than their competitors and have reaped the benefits whilst Neilson has not been manager but first team coach with assistance from Harry Potter.

Surprised Jim McIntyre has not been nominated, has done great at Ross County and did well with QoS for the first half of the season.

green.and.white
29-04-2015, 01:58 PM
McInnes has done an exceptional job at Aberdeen, 19 points clear of 3rd and actually kept reasonably close to Celtic. It's his team as well, Yogi still living off the team he inherited, it will be interesting to see what happens to Inverness when the team is made up of mostly his own signings...

However 3rd and a cup final for Inverness is tremendous, so it's a close call between those 2 for me

Hibby-Nessie
29-04-2015, 02:33 PM
Personally I would have had Strachan as a nominee :hibees

ekhibee
29-04-2015, 02:35 PM
McInnes for me. He's made Aberdeen into a good team for the 1st time in years. Good manager.

CallumLaidlaw
29-04-2015, 03:28 PM
Yogi for me. First cup final in their history and 3rd place in the league.

A treble should be the minimum for a Celtic manager to win the award, especially without Rangers.

Neilson has done well in his first season, but have been pumped out both cups early on.

Aberdeen again have done well in the league, but clearly have the 2nd biggest budget in the league, and have failed in the cups.

Michael
29-04-2015, 03:34 PM
Turns out McInnes's Aberdeen aren't a one season wonder. Really good manager they have. He should win.

Andy74
29-04-2015, 04:05 PM
Yogi for me. First cup final in their history and 3rd place in the league.

A treble should be the minimum for a Celtic manager to win the award, especially without Rangers.

Neilson has done well in his first season, but have been pumped out both cups early on.

Aberdeen again have done well in the league, but clearly have the 2nd biggest budget in the league, and have failed in the cups.

Pumped out of three cups.

Biggie
29-04-2015, 04:51 PM
Pumped out of three cups.
:tee hee:

weecounty hibby
29-04-2015, 04:57 PM
Between Yogi and McInnes. I could manage Celtic to trophies and Delilah promised a treble and didn't deliver. Neilson is just a Jambo bawbag who will get found out next year

jacomo
30-04-2015, 03:10 PM
McInnes has done an exceptional job at Aberdeen, 19 points clear of 3rd and actually kept reasonably close to Celtic. It's his team as well, Yogi still living off the team he inherited, it will be interesting to see what happens to Inverness when the team is made up of mostly his own signings...

However 3rd and a cup final for Inverness is tremendous, so it's a close call between those 2 for me

Yogi has a reasonable eye for a player... But still, regardless of who signed them it's his team now and he deserves the plaudits.

easty
30-04-2015, 03:14 PM
Yogi has a reasonable eye for a player... But still, regardless of who signed them it's his team now and he deserves the plaudits.

Absolutely. I don't care how many points ahead of them Aberdeen finish. 3rd place and the Scottish Cup (if they win it) is a greater achievement than 2nd place in the SPL.

CockneyRebel
30-04-2015, 05:03 PM

Especially as he has them playing much better football than the previous hoofers.

DH1875
30-04-2015, 05:32 PM
Personally I would have had Strachan as a nominee :hibees

Seen that Strachan thinks that the celtic manager should win it.

If ICT win the cup and finish 3rd then of course Yogi should win it. Problem is, what if they don't.

Velma Dinkley
30-04-2015, 06:18 PM
Celtic are the only club in the country with any money and they've done less than everyone would have expected them to do this season.

hearts manager has won the championship comfortably but benefited for having huge debt wiped clear, hibs' lack of preparation time and The Rangers being a mess.

got to be between Yogi and Derek. Both would be deserving i think.

matty_f
30-04-2015, 06:34 PM
Between Yogi and Neilson imho. McInnes had second largest budget in SPL so had probably achieved in line with expectations.

I don't think Yogi has even made a signing so had been working with someone else's team - a feat I can't remember any recent Hibs managers achieving (ironically enough, including Yogi).

I think he's done remarkably well.

Sir David Gray
30-04-2015, 07:17 PM
I wouldn't vote for Deila, just because Celtic should be winning the league every season now that Sevco's out of the equation.

McInnes has done a good job but then they are by far the second biggest club in that league, in terms of stature, infrastructure and budget so finishing in second place is really only doing as expected in my opinion.

I wouldn't vote for anyone related to Hearts so Neilson is immediately dismissed. Yes it's childish but I don't care.

Vote has to go to John Hughes. What he has done with Inverness this season is pretty impressive and potentially could get even better for them in a few weeks if they can win the Scottish Cup for the first time in the club's history.

Hibby Bairn
01-05-2015, 07:08 AM
Surprised McCoist isn't on the shortlist.

InterviewLoI
01-05-2015, 07:27 AM
In theory, Neilson has done a good job. He did, theoretically, take Hearts to the premiership with an amazing run of games that only included one loss before the title had been won.

I hate to say it because I didn't actually think the jambos were all that great. They got extremely lucky countless times and of the 4 managers there he has his team playing the least attractive football

Eyrie
01-05-2015, 11:20 AM
Contenders for Manager of the Year should be judged on what they over-achieve relative to their resources, so Delia can be ruled out immediately. McInnes hasn't done as much as the other two, which narrows it down further.

Neilson did a very good job at the PBS given their lengthy unbeaten run and winning margin but he was up against a disorganised Hibs and mis-managed Sevco Huns, whilst his cup record is poor.

Hughes has Inverness playing good football and they are deservedly third in the top flight and in the Scottish Cup Final, so he should be the clear winner.