PDA

View Full Version : Newcastle 2015 = Hibs 2014?

cocteautwin
29-04-2015, 01:22 PM
Similar fall from grace in second half of season. Just the worst team in the league. Total garbage. Easy final 4 fixtures but hoping they don't pick up a single point and go down on goal difference or something. Most deserved of relegation candidates. Fingers crossed.

ManBearPig
29-04-2015, 01:30 PM
I don't know Sunderland have been utter Colin Nish all year

hibee92
29-04-2015, 01:30 PM
Similar fall from grace in second half of season. Just the worst team in the league. Total garbage. Easy final 4 fixtures but hoping they don't pick up a single point and go down on goal difference or something. Most deserved of relegation candidates. Fingers crossed.

As a Newcastle fan I hope you're wrong but if you offered me a Mike Ashley run cub in the Premier League next year or him jumping and us going down I'd take the latter every time.

HUTCHYHIBBY
29-04-2015, 01:33 PM
They won't go down unfortunately. I've had my wish for Millwall to go down so I shouldnae be too greedy. :-)

cocteautwin
29-04-2015, 01:34 PM
I don't know Sunderland have been utter Colin Nish all year

Just scanning the fixtures and I can't see Sunderland getting the required 6 points needed to overcome Newcastle's predicted 35 + 0 points for the rest of the season. Pity.

cocteautwin
29-04-2015, 01:36 PM
As a Newcastle fan I hope you're wrong but if you offered me a Mike Ashley run cub in the Premier League next year or him jumping and us going down I'd take the latter every time.

Ashley will be there for years to come I'm afraid. One of the reasons I hope they get relegated.

CockneyRebel
29-04-2015, 01:36 PM
They won't go down unfortunately. I've had my wish for Millwall to go down so I shouldnae be too greedy. :-)

As an ex ST holder at Selhurst Park I heartily agree!

andrew70
29-04-2015, 01:39 PM
Just scanning the fixtures and I can't see Sunderland getting the required 6 points needed to overcome Newcastle's predicted 35 + 0 points for the rest of the season. Pity.

Sunderland will beat Chelsea on last day to stay up. Chelsea will be on their holidays by that point.

cocteautwin
29-04-2015, 01:42 PM
Sunderland will beat Chelsea on last day to stay up. Chelsea will be on their holidays by that point.

I would love it if that happened and the toon went down. Love it. :thumbsup:

snooky
29-04-2015, 01:54 PM
I like the Toon AND the Makems - I suppose that's the equivalent of a Geordie liking Hibs & Hearts

However, if pushed, I'd pick Sunderland and emmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ............................................Hibs

MrSmith
29-04-2015, 02:00 PM
As a Newcastle sympathizer and having family down there who support them as much as we support our mob, I hope they stay up! Ashley will go but lets not penalise the great support because of Ashley!! The Geordies are awesome and mirror us as a support.

crewetollhibee
29-04-2015, 02:01 PM
Newcastle 2015 = Hibs 2014 = Newport County 2016.

DAVE1875
29-04-2015, 02:36 PM
Which Newcastle 2015? The Premier League ones or the ones we're trying to beat to 2nd?

lyonhibs
29-04-2015, 02:38 PM
The only difference is that I don't think they have such a despicable c***bucket as manager.

cam75
29-04-2015, 03:15 PM
More like Norwich !

Michael
29-04-2015, 03:31 PM
I never understood the Alan Pardew hate. I think he's a very good manager.

Andy74
29-04-2015, 03:36 PM
Isn't Ashley owed about £130 million?? Are the fans expecting him to walk away from that - is there anyone ready to give him that back?

cocteautwin
30-04-2015, 12:34 AM

That's what's so funny about the whole situation. He was hounded out by the fans as they thought he was bad for the club. They would have been safe mid table if he was still there not on a 7 game losing streak.

Speedy
30-04-2015, 07:56 AM
As a Newcastle sympathizer and having family down there who support them as much as we support our mob, I hope they stay up! Ashley will go but lets not penalise the great support because of Ashley!! The Geordies are awesome and mirror us as a support.

Hounding out managers and executives and producing a piss poor atmosphere when losing?

Andy74
30-04-2015, 07:57 AM
That's what's so funny about the whole situation. He was hounded out by the fans as they thought he was bad for the club. They would have been safe mid table if he was still there not on a 7 game losing streak.

Imagine that.

Keith_M
30-04-2015, 08:45 AM
I've always hated stripey football tops, so I'd like Newcastle AND Sunderland to get relegated.

NAE NOOKIE
30-04-2015, 09:22 AM
My mate moved from the Borders to live in Newcastle about 30 years ago and has been a Newcastle ST holder pretty well ever since. He posted an article from the papers to Facebook and all you had to do was substitute the word Hibs for Newcastle to make it about us a year ago. Though I would never insult STF with any comparison to Mike Ashley.

I'm not sure why there is so much of a downer on NUFC on here, they are a big club who have underachieved for decades and yet their fans stick with them year after year ... I wish some of our fans had that sort of staying power.

CallumLaidlaw
30-04-2015, 02:13 PM

You talking about Pardew or Fenlon?

easty
30-04-2015, 02:49 PM
You talking about Pardew or Fenlon?

I know some folk would like to compare the two situations, but Pardew left and immediatly went to Palace, Fenlon left and, eventually, got a job at Shamrock Rovers.

Pardew was doing a good enough job, he's a good enough manager and he walked into a similar job. Fenlon wasn't doing a good enough job, wasn't a good enough manager, and ended up unemployed for about a year til the mighty Shamrock Rovers came calling.

CockneyRebel
30-04-2015, 02:53 PM
My mate moved from the Borders to live in Newcastle about 30 years ago and has been a Newcastle ST holder pretty well ever since. He posted an article from the papers to Facebook and all you had to do was substitute the word Hibs for Newcastle to make it about us a year ago. Though I would never insult STF with any comparison to Mike Ashley.

I'm not sure why there is so much of a downer on NUFC on here, they are a big club who have underachieved for decades and yet their fans stick with them year after year ... I wish some of our fans had that sort of staying power.

Hear hear

easty
30-04-2015, 02:58 PM

It's no the same. I wish Hibs could sell out Easter Road for every game but the product isn't worth it for most people. If we had players like Cabella and Sissoko and Janmaat though, it'd be a different story. If our opposition were bringing Hazard or Di Maria or Ozil then more folk would be interested still.

Hibernia&Alba
30-04-2015, 03:15 PM

He's a total James Hunt of a man but.

I have no problem with Newcastle: a big cub who should be doing better, and the Geordie folk are class. They're certainly in free fall just now and could find themselves relegated at the death, as we were.

NAE NOOKIE
30-04-2015, 03:40 PM
It's no the same. I wish Hibs could sell out Easter Road for every game but the product isn't worth it for most people. If we had players like Cabella and Sissoko and Janmaat though, it'd be a different story. If our opposition were bringing Hazard or Di Maria or Ozil then more folk would be interested still.

I doubt that is the motivation for most Newcastle fans, perhaps for a season or two ... but I doubt that the thrill of knowing your team has decent players who aint cutting it or its getting turned over by quality opposition is enough for a club to sell out year after year. I like to give the NUFC fans a bit more credit than that and I say that as someone who is pretty ambivalent to them as a club.

cocteautwin
03-05-2015, 01:10 AM
Sunderland win yesterday means Newcastle relegation is looking very possible. They ain't getting another point this season. Comical.

ManBearPig
22-05-2015, 08:57 AM
This is all very very déjà vu for the toon and I also don't see easy bounce back for them either....is it possible to hit reset button on a club whilst playing in their respective top league?

DarrenSQH
22-05-2015, 09:15 AM
I would Love it, Love it if Newcastle go down.

Never liked them and especially dont now the loaned rangers their only decent player.

HH81
22-05-2015, 09:28 AM
I fancy Hull to beat Manchester's 2nd best so Newcastle will need a win.

West hamBERNIAN
22-05-2015, 09:51 AM
Pretty sure Sam allerdyce is leaving west ham on Monday. cant see a great performance from west ham coming Sunday. Think Newcastle will stay up

Smartie
22-05-2015, 09:52 AM
Strangely I quite like Sunderland and Newcastle.

They had a bit on Asprilla on that "Mavericks" programme the other night and it brought it back to me how good Newcastle were for a spell in the mid 90s.

It was brilliant when they got promoted and kept their momentum going at the top end of the premier league. Andy Cole, Les Ferdinand, Kevin Keegan, Keith Gillespie, Philippe Albert - class.

The all out attack that they played was phenomenal to watch in a great time for English football. Loads of good teams around, Man Utd were excellent, Liverpool were very good, Blackburn still quite strong, Chelsea growing as a club, Arsenal were an excellent side, Villa and Leeds were still decent.

It really shows up the premier league for what it is now and when you cut away all the hype it is actually crap. The winners played pretty tedious stuff and at the start of the season there are realistically only 2 teams that can win it. Pretty much 3/4 of the league scrap amongst themselves for the right to remain at the top table.

Unfortunately most of the major leagues in Europe are the same now.

The best league around for me is the English Championship. The scrap for the right to sit at the top table is a cracking spectacle and it can be really hard to call who is going to do well in it at the start of the season. There are normally some big teams in there too, desperately trying to avoid becoming the next Forest or Leeds or worse than that Portsmouth. The football isn't always as polished (often not much better than we play ourselves) but it is a decent, honest, unpredictable competition.

ManBearPig
22-05-2015, 09:54 AM
Having watched hull recently they actually look good and ****chester don't have anything to play for I can see Hull winning. Newcastle on the other hand can't buy a win.