Salt N Sauzee
28-04-2015, 08:52 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32492585

WellingtonHibby
28-04-2015, 08:57 AM
That is a pish statement from a guy that's supposed to be pushing the brand

Keith_M
28-04-2015, 08:59 AM
So the news is that.... there is not yet any news.

Sounds like a desperate man trying to hang on to his job.

Salt N Sauzee
28-04-2015, 09:00 AM
So the news is that.... there is not yet any news.

Sounds like a desperate man trying to hang on to his job.

"hopeful of announcing a new sponsor by the start of next season" = just as close to a new deal as they were last year.

Amateur.

McSwanky
28-04-2015, 09:03 AM
He is such a dick

007 Mickey Weir
28-04-2015, 09:05 AM
It is a weird statement. What's the point in saying anything until it's confirmed. They really are a bunch of amateurs.

hibee-boys
28-04-2015, 09:11 AM
Grade A plumb who will be pinning all his hopes on The Rangers making a return to the top flight this year. What an added bonus it would be for us to gain promotion and dash all his hopes!

lord bunberry
28-04-2015, 09:25 AM
I wonder how close he will be to clinching a deal if The Rangers don't go up.

NAE NOOKIE
28-04-2015, 09:33 AM
An announcement that before the start of next season there might be an announcement, but he isn't sure .... this guy is gonna take Scottish football to new heights. I dare say what league The Rangers are going to be in will be a factor in at least the amount of money on the table.

Hmmmmmm :hmmm:

Scottish championship play off semi final first leg ... The Rangers F.C. v Hibernian F.C. ........ Referee .. W Collum
Scottish championship play off semi final second leg ... Hibernian F.C. v The Rangers F.C. ....... Referee .. C Thomson

Cabbage East
28-04-2015, 09:43 AM
Beyond useless.

Gatecrasher
28-04-2015, 09:45 AM
Would you do business with him?

nellio
28-04-2015, 09:49 AM
Total non-story. Its well known the leauge has been looking for a sponsor.

Following some bad press no dount trying to get his mug in the press showing him in a good light.

Still an idiot.

1875godsgift
28-04-2015, 09:51 AM
Not fit to manage a Subbuteo league.

Baader
28-04-2015, 10:12 AM
Clearly trying to take the heat off after his monumental **** ups. Basically nothing to report. Good one. Maybe his recent fixture meetings with the Orange Order have proved a success though...

hibs0666
28-04-2015, 10:26 AM
That is a really depressing statement. Doncaster is not selling a 'property' - he is selling a vision for the future of Scottish professional football that excites and engages us as fans and partners.

As an example the NFL vision is to be the premier sports and entertainment brand that brings people together, connecting them socially and emotionally like no other. By way of comparison I have absolutely no clue what the SPFL stands for. Until Doncaster sorts that out the SPFL will continue to confuse and bemuse punters, clubs and potential commercial backers alike as it is adding absolutely no value whatever to Scottish football.

Keith_M
28-04-2015, 10:37 AM
......... I have absolutely no clue what .. SPFL stands for.

That sounds like a challenge :wink:

Stupid People, Failure Likely?

Geo_1875
28-04-2015, 10:43 AM
That is a really depressing statement. Doncaster is not selling a 'property' - he is selling an exciting vision for the future of Scottish professional football that excites and engages us as fans and companes that want to be part of that vision.

As an example the NFL vision is to be the premier sports and entertainment brand that brings people together, connecting them socially and emotionally like no other. By way of comparison I have absolutely no clue what the SPFL stands for. Until Doncaster sorts that out the SPFL will continue to confuse and bemuse punters, clubs and potential commercial backers alike as it is adding absolutely no value whatever to Scottish football.

Self-preservation, self-interest and jobs for the boys.

Radium
28-04-2015, 10:45 AM
BBC ask a question, report a generic response and regurgitate some January quotes from Doncaster. Non story.

SeanWilson
28-04-2015, 10:46 AM
so bsically.... 'I realise its absolutely ridiculous that our professional football league has no sponsor, however its definitely on my to do list and we may have some sort of conversation about it in time for next year'.... guys a grade A plonker.

1875godsgift
28-04-2015, 10:55 AM

Sectarian Policy Financially Lucrative?

Big_Franck
28-04-2015, 11:21 AM
He'd have been better saying nothing and working away at it. All this does is highlight yet again that the useless c*** has failed to find a sponsor for our league for the last two years.

With the rangers starting again in the bottom tier he may well have struggled to match the previous deal, but I'm sure most of us would have understood that. A 2/3 year deal at a lower level would have been better than no ****** sponsorship income whatsoever.

As an absolute minimum he could even have given away the sponsorship free for a year to a Scottish charity such as Shelter Scotland. It is really starting to annoy me that this clown is still in a well paid, hugely important role for our game.

Salt N Sauzee
28-04-2015, 11:37 AM

Sectarian Policy Financially Lucrative?

S till
P utting
F ans
L ast

Biggie
28-04-2015, 11:43 AM
some say he's not fit to shovel *****....I say he is !

Hibby Kay-Yay
28-04-2015, 11:45 AM
S till
P utting
F ans
L ast

This. Close the competition

cabbageandribs1875
28-04-2015, 11:50 AM
off topic a tad but i see the prices for the SC final have been slashed

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32486525

Scottish Cup final tickets will be £5 for a significant number of Inverness Caledonian Thistle and Falkirk fans.

Adult ticket prices will range from £15 to £30 and a family of four will be able to attend the match from £60.

NAE NOOKIE
28-04-2015, 12:11 PM
S till
P utting
F ans
L ast

We have a winner

Salt N Sauzee
28-04-2015, 02:28 PM
This. Close the competition

We have a winner

What's my prize? :cb

NAE NOOKIE
28-04-2015, 02:50 PM
What's my prize? :cb

Dinner with Neil Doncaster :greengrin

Salt N Sauzee
28-04-2015, 03:13 PM
Dinner with Neil Doncaster :greengrin

Quality. Will chuck the whole 3 courses at his stupid face! :giruy2:

silverhibee
28-04-2015, 03:34 PM
That is a pish statement from a guy that's supposed to be pushing the brand

:agree:

This bit is a tad strange.

They also say they are "hopeful of an announcement being made in time for next season."

I would f***ing hope so donkey Doncaster.

snooky
28-04-2015, 05:04 PM
http://www.albamclothing.com/product/19059/greynavy/donkey-jacket.asp

New Sponsors?

NYHibby
28-04-2015, 05:25 PM
With the rangers starting again in the bottom tier he may well have struggled to match the previous deal, but I'm sure most of us would have understood that. A 2/3 year deal at a lower level would have been better than no ****** sponsorship income whatsoever.

A three year cut rate deal is not necessarily better than getting the fair market value for 2 years and £0 for the third. It's not that hard to come up with examples of numbers to make that work.

Not having a title sponsor for one year is not the worst thing. It would be far more incompetent to damage future sponsorship potential by doing a cut rate for one year. If they sold it for £1m for this year, who would want to pay £2m next year?

Jones28
28-04-2015, 05:36 PM
I wonder if they can't find a sponser they will do something like let them be sponsored by a charity? For a quid say, then donate it back to them.

Big_Franck
28-04-2015, 05:46 PM
A three year cut rate deal is not necessarily better than getting the fair market value for 2 years and £0 for the third. It's not that hard to come up with examples of numbers to make that work.

Not having a title sponsor for one year is not the worst thing. It would be far more incompetent to damage future sponsorship potential by doing a cut rate for one year. If they sold it for £1m for this year, who would want to pay £2m next year?

Don't really understand your point in the first sentence. Who said we were getting a fair market value for two years and zero for a third year?

Also, it's been two years without a sponsor, not one. That's a significant amount of lost income that is vital to a lot of clubs. The SPFL is a completely different product with the rangers and celtic in the same league, as much as we hate to admit it. The SPFL would be able to demand significantly more for their main sponsorship deal as soon as the rangers are back in the premiership, despite the fact they had accepted a lower price while the rangers were out of the top league. All IMO obviously.

IanM
29-04-2015, 12:07 AM
Looks like Betfred are front runners

jacomo
29-04-2015, 04:56 PM
He is such a dick

Yep, and this does look like a gambit to stay in his job.

'Sack me and my new high value sponsor walks with me.'

The SPFL should put him in the stocks and throw tomatoes at him. I'd sponsor that.

davidw
29-04-2015, 05:32 PM
Looks like Betfred are front runners

Oh, that's nice. Always good to take the money and not worry about any negative effects on society (e.g. problem gambling). Are they the front runners ahead of Wonga, the BNP and the Paedophile Information Exchange?

snooky
29-04-2015, 05:38 PM
Yep, and this does look like a gambit to stay in his job.

'Sack me and my new high value sponsor walks with me.'

The SPFL should put him in the stocks and throw tomatoes at him. I'd sponsor that.

Throw in CT, make it pineapples and you can count me in :aok:

IanM
29-04-2015, 05:42 PM
Oh, that's nice. Always good to take the money and not worry about any negative effects on society (e.g. problem gambling). Are they the front runners ahead of Wonga, the BNP and the Paedophile Information Exchange?

Tbf we're sponsored by a bookies and I don't think anyone has turned into a gambler since

davidw
29-04-2015, 05:52 PM
Tbf we're sponsored by a bookies and I don't think anyone has turned into a gambler since

There's been a massive increase in problem gambling in the UK in the last few years - have a search online if you don't believe me - driven by changes to legislation re. bookies, and the in-your-face advertising everywhere (think of any live football game on telly). This is well documented - I'm not making it up. Hibs are culpable too - part of a wider, and not nice, problem.

lyonhibs
29-04-2015, 07:18 PM
That man is such a risibly incompetent fool, I swear he's put on earth to be the fall guy for whenever anyone, anywhere gets called in for not pulling their weight at work, they always have the "go to" line of "yeah, I'm pish, but have you seen this Neil Doncaster fellow? "

IanM
29-04-2015, 08:47 PM
There's been a massive increase in problem gambling in the UK in the last few years - have a search online if you don't believe me - driven by changes to legislation re. bookies, and the in-your-face advertising everywhere (think of any live football game on telly). This is well documented - I'm not making it up. Hibs are culpable too - part of a wider, and not nice, problem.

It's not that I dot believe you. I'm a punter, I just don't think the league being sponsored by Betfred is going to turn people from non gambling to gambling. Tennets sponsor the Scottish cup, no one bats an eye lid, they also sponsor t in the park and there's a bigger problem with alcohol that gambling but again not an issue to most.

I think if an organisation that makes money from gambling is giving something back, regardless of its for sponsorship. It is at always a bad thing

surreyhibbie
29-04-2015, 09:06 PM

Tinned, preferably...

silverhibee
29-04-2015, 10:02 PM

I'm in :gun:

silverhibee
29-04-2015, 10:03 PM

Wrong, i have, costing me a fortune, :greengrin