PDA

View Full Version : Good Hun v Bad Hun

Colr
27-04-2015, 09:18 PM
Folk with a Rangers connection have not always been welcome at ER.

We have endured some reprehensible ****bags like Terry Butcher and his lowlife mate Ray Wilkins who justify this.

There must have been some that weren't a disaster but I can only think of Alex Millar.

What are the other good and bad Hun that we have had through our doors and what is the balance between them?

Sir David Gray
27-04-2015, 09:21 PM
I believe Scott Allan grew up supporting Rangers (R.I.P.) and he's not been too bad for us so far!

iwasthere1972
27-04-2015, 09:26 PM
I'm thinking of a good Hun.

Erm. No.

All bawbags.

FranckSuzy
27-04-2015, 09:38 PM
Gordon Durie was ok, I suppose :wink:

iwasthere1972
27-04-2015, 09:42 PM

Aye but that's BEFORE he was a Hun.

FranckSuzy
27-04-2015, 09:43 PM
Aye but that's BEFORE he was a Hun.

I know his family, he was one before :agree: :rolleyes:

Mr White
27-04-2015, 09:44 PM
Stephen Dobbie and iain munro for the good category

iwasthere1972
27-04-2015, 09:48 PM

Okay. :aok:

Cameron1875
27-04-2015, 10:01 PM
They're all bad.

Everytime you think there's one that could be alright they do something that shows their true colours (Terry....)

heretoday
27-04-2015, 10:06 PM
Alex Scott was ok back in the 60s. Brother of our own Jim Scott and slightly better looking.

superfurryhibby
27-04-2015, 10:06 PM
Stephen Dobbie and iain munro for the good category

Munro was also a Hibs player before he became a Rangers player.

Bad Hun- Ally Scott and Graham Fyfe (see Iain Munro).

Good Hun- nope can't think, apart from Alex Miller.

fat freddy
27-04-2015, 10:14 PM
Dougie Bell - Good...Alan Gow - Not so Good

c31
27-04-2015, 10:21 PM
Ivan Sproule....excellent ex hun...

FranckSuzy
27-04-2015, 10:21 PM
Ivan Sproule....

Good shout :aok:

portycabbage
27-04-2015, 10:27 PM
Alex McLeish

killie-hibby
27-04-2015, 10:30 PM
Older supporters will remember Sammy Baird. Helped us in the early sixties for two seasons. Signed by Hugh Shaw.

Wheat Hound
27-04-2015, 10:31 PM
Ian Murray

Auckland Hibs
27-04-2015, 11:21 PM

We have endured some reprehensible ****bags like Terry Butcher and his lowlife mate Ray Wilkins who justify this.

There must have been some that weren't a disaster but I can only think of Alex Millar.

What are the other good and bad Hun that we have had through our doors and what is the balance between them?

Not sure where this comes from? Heard nothing but good things about his influence in the dressing room whilst at ER.

Being applauded & in return applauding the orcs doesn't turn him into a reprehensible ****bag or lowlife in my eyes.

Iggy Pope
27-04-2015, 11:32 PM

Played for Hertz as well. pretty despicable.
Looks like a mutation of the two now as well.

Iggy Pope
27-04-2015, 11:36 PM
Not sure where this comes from? Heard nothing but good things about his influence in the dressing room whilst at ER.

Being applauded & in return applauding the orcs doesn't turn him into a reprehensible ****bag or lowlife in my eyes.

Seriously? I heard he only took and gave nothing back. What I saw with my ever suffering eyes backed this up. Amongst the worst ever.

Iggy Pope
27-04-2015, 11:46 PM
If Ivan counts, so does Colin Stein.
Hun, great Hibby, Hun again.

Has anyone asked the resident mate / contact/ source / players agent / source / etc etc if 'Kenny' might figure in all of this? Good Hibby. Hun. Somewhere else again. Hun. Midlands, Smeltic, Hun, Canadian, Hun, Hun, Hun again. Is he back at the Huns yet?

Onion
27-04-2015, 11:58 PM

Some Huns are granted temporary amnesty while at Hibs, but unless they publicly repent their ways, win us the Scottish Cup or League title. Once they leave the club, they revert to being just another Hun.

Steve20
28-04-2015, 06:11 AM
I'd say there was more good than bad ones. Unlike Celtic

Auckland Hibs
28-04-2015, 06:58 AM
Seriously? I heard he only took and gave nothing back. What I saw with my ever suffering eyes backed this up. Amongst the worst ever.

Not the info I heard directly from a player who was in the same team.

Took time out from 1st team to coach some of the youth players in his own time - when he left ER he gave all of them his phone number and said they could call him anytime if they wanted advice, etc.

If he's one of the worst ever at ER then you've done well.

heretoday
28-04-2015, 07:04 AM
If Ivan counts, so does Colin Stein.
Hun, great Hibby, Hun again.

Has anyone asked the resident mate / contact/ source / players agent / source / etc etc if 'Kenny' might figure in all of this? Good Hibby. Hun. Somewhere else again. Hun. Midlands, Smeltic, Hun, Canadian, Hun, Hun, Hun again. Is he back at the Huns yet?

Colin, Colin, Colin Stein......:greengrin

AndyM_1875
28-04-2015, 07:25 AM
Older supporters will remember Sammy Baird. Helped us in the early sixties for two seasons. Signed by Hugh Shaw.

Did Hugh Shaw not play for Rangers at one time?
Won 3 titles with Hibs as coach and then manager and along with the legendary Willie McCartney trained and coached the Famous 5.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hugh_Shaw_(football_manager)

I'd also say that Alex McLeish and Alex Miller served Hibs very well.

basehibby
28-04-2015, 07:37 AM

Took time out from 1st team to coach some of the youth players in his own time - when he left ER he gave all of them his phone number and said they could call him anytime if they wanted advice, etc.

He was totally past it and should never have got a game for Hibs at the time - a gamble by Alex Miller that failed = Bad Hun

Nice guy in dressing room and grounded = good hun

Crass decision to applaud the Orcs at Castle Greyskull = Bad Hun

Making Wilkins a bad hun by a margin of 2-1

Hibs History
28-04-2015, 07:58 AM
Heard in the past that Gordon HUNter grew up supporting Rangers

Definitely a hero now!

Bostonhibby
28-04-2015, 08:08 AM
Reading some of the names on here makes me glad the now defunct Glasgow rangers doesn't exist any more as a result of voluntarily going into liquidation to avoid paying its creditors, including their majesty's revenue and customs.

blackpoolhibs
28-04-2015, 08:14 AM
The starter at my golf club is Derek Parlane, i wind him up all the time with that song we used to sing in the 70s, which ended, and as for Derek Parlane you can stick him up yer hole.

He takes it well, decent enough for a hun. :greengrin

Hibbyradge
28-04-2015, 08:17 AM
The starter at my golf club is Derek Parlane, i wind him up all the time with that song we used to sing in the 70s, which ended, and as for Derek Parlane you can stick him up yer hole.

:faf:

I haven't heard that for years! :thumbsup:

Keith_M
28-04-2015, 08:26 AM
Geebsie (for the younger reader, that's Gordon Hunter) grew up a Hun and he was almost universally loved at ER.

Iggy Pope
28-04-2015, 08:37 AM

One of the worst, no question. And I've seen a few without anyone having to tell me what nice blokes they are :na na:

Carheenlea
28-04-2015, 08:47 AM
Scott Brown?

Sure he was of Hun sympathies as a younger man, but certainly was good for us.

CockneyRebel
28-04-2015, 09:24 AM
Dougie Bell - Good...Alan Gow - Not so Good

Bell did nothing for hibs - good player for huns but no respect for hibs, ask anyone who was at a supporters function where he was invited. The one I was at he disappeared and was found in the room next door drinking with a bunch of huns supporters just back from a game, pure class eh?

Canon Hannan
28-04-2015, 03:53 PM

Did Ray Wilkins not have a dig at the Rangers fans saying they are anti-Catholic. Also I know Rangers supporters who hate Butcher due to his stance against bigotry at the club. Both seem good guys. Hated Gorum for what he became.......

chinaman
28-04-2015, 05:12 PM
Pond life andy goram fits the bill a good hun. Its a myth

Vault Boy
28-04-2015, 05:33 PM
Danny Handling, gives his all for Hibs and scored against Sevco at the beginning of the season.

Sammy7nil
28-04-2015, 06:46 PM
Geebsie (for the younger reader, that's Gordon Hunter) grew up a Hun and he was almost universally loved at ER.

Yes he was but as he plyed footbal he very rarely if ever got to a Rangers game. I am not sure he counts :wink: Everyone loves Geebsie :aok:

harpo
28-04-2015, 07:03 PM
Jock Govan of the famous five era. Probably the first attacking fullback in world football. Great servant of Hibs.

Swedish hibee
28-04-2015, 07:42 PM
As a kid I liked Andy Goram. Now I just shake my head when I read the utter gash he comes out with.

Jonnyboy
28-04-2015, 07:53 PM

One of my all time favourites, that song :greengrin

Fishwicke
28-04-2015, 08:18 PM
Sammy Baird who was Hibs captain when we beat Barcelona 3 - 2 at Easter Road in front of a near 50,000 crowd.

DH1875
28-04-2015, 08:26 PM
I'd say there was more good than bad ones. Unlike Celtic

Would have to disagree with that to be honest.

--------
28-04-2015, 08:57 PM
Jock Govan of the famous five era. Probably the first attacking fullback in world football. Great servant of Hibs.

His partner Davie Shaw was the brother of the Rangers captain Jock, aka Tiger Shaw. The family came from Annathill near Coatbridge, and I have no doubt that both Jock and Davie grew up supporting Rangers.

Govan and Shaw made up probably the best full-back partnership ever to play for Hibs.

Any footballer in the 1950's and 60's coming from the Airdrie/Coatbridge area and not aa membber of the Roman Catholic Church would probably be a Rangers supporter - that's a lot of very good players.

Go figure it out - I think this thread's kinda silly, myself. :tin hat:

therealgavmac
29-04-2015, 12:01 AM

Is that the one that started......

His name is Alan Gordon he's the leader of the team,
The finest centre forward that the world has ever seen.......?

One of my faves..... :greengrin

Keith_M
29-04-2015, 06:58 AM

Did you sing the original version, with 'Barney Battles' instead of 'Derek Parlane'?

:wink:

Septimus
29-04-2015, 09:26 AM
I thought that Dougie Bell came to us from St. Mirren. My memory fails me.

Peevemor
29-04-2015, 09:49 AM
Dougie Bell was a superb player for St Mirren then Aberdeen, but things didn't work out for him at Ibrox. At that time I had a pal who'd moved to Newton Mearns and we seen Bell in the Malletsheugh Inn one Sunday night, on his own, blootered - I remember thinking that he was just another player that the huns had ruined.

I remember him having loads of skill when he was at Hibs, but spent most of his time going on mazy runs back and forward along the halfway line.

Hillsidehibby
29-04-2015, 12:08 PM

I mind his first game v us for the huns at Ibrox.

He ran straight up to us and gave us the vickies!!

Iggy Pope
29-04-2015, 01:04 PM
Colin, Colin, Colin Stein......:greengrin

Couldnae...kick a ....jelly bean :greengrin

Togs91
02-05-2015, 07:57 AM
Scott Brown?

Sure he was of Hun sympathies as a younger man, but certainly was good for us.

Aye hes one of them
I work with a bloke who has played under levien and with scott brown, says in the day he was a diehard, got the crest tattood somewhere aswell apparently

JeMeSouviens
02-05-2015, 11:21 AM
Good hun = oxymoron
Bad hun = tautology

Betty Boop
02-05-2015, 11:41 AM
Craig Paterson lovely person.