PDA

View Full Version : Bournemouth...

3pm
27-04-2015, 07:34 PM
Going to the Premiership!

Good to see someone else getting some cash for a change.

Scottie
27-04-2015, 08:08 PM

Are they no already being propped up by a Russian billionaire? Heard on the radio today they had losses last year of £14 million :rolleyes:

3pm
27-04-2015, 08:16 PM
Are they no already being propped up by a Russian billionaire? Heard on the radio today they had losses last year of £14 million :rolleyes:

Not sure - wasn't aware of that. Quite surprised if it's true though!

Iggy Pope
27-04-2015, 08:18 PM

I'm happy for them and have seriously watched their results with some interest for a number of years, as far back as Jermaine Defoe being on loan with them.. I don't doubt there are fans of other clubs that probably get pissed off at their progress after administration mind.
Lucky they're the Cherries not the Poppies eh?

CropleyWasGod
27-04-2015, 08:19 PM
Not sure - wasn't aware of that. Quite surprised if it's true though!

It's not true..... it's actually £15m.:greengrin

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27224806

LaMotta
27-04-2015, 08:32 PM
Cracking atmosphere in their small but packed to the rafters stadium this evening.

With a 12000 capacity surely the smallest ground in Premiership history!

3pm
27-04-2015, 08:39 PM

Nice one - cheers!

Stranraer
27-04-2015, 08:41 PM
Hearing that the Bolton fans are clapping them - a great sign of respect - good on Bournemouth.

Hibeesmad
27-04-2015, 08:42 PM
They be relegated next season

SteveHFC
27-04-2015, 08:44 PM
Good on them.

lyonhibs
27-04-2015, 08:46 PM

A fair point. Guess they'd best just pass on their EPL place to someone else......

A fantastic achievement, gained by being the deserving team on the pitch.

Next season is next season.

pontius pilate
27-04-2015, 08:47 PM
Good on them good to see a different team gain promotion even if it is just for the 1 season

lucky
27-04-2015, 08:47 PM
The owner has put the cash up for them and they've got to the promised land. Getting the EPL is worth at least £100m so the £15m will be wipeout no problem. But it shows the amount of cash you've got to spend in England just to get to the EPL.

frazeHFC
27-04-2015, 08:59 PM
Just watched the goals. 3 top class team goals. Well done Bournemouth. The football they play has been excellent all season.

Bishop Hibee
27-04-2015, 09:05 PM
SSN live from the dressing room was going fine until some old boy presumably the Chairman came in going mental singing and swearing 😃. Cue apology in the studio!

AlbertK86
27-04-2015, 09:07 PM

Yep but with a big pay day for getting there and a big parachute payment if they do go down

Sir David Gray
27-04-2015, 09:08 PM
Another team that was in administration only a few years ago.

LaMotta
27-04-2015, 09:08 PM

They will stay up next season.

Stax
27-04-2015, 09:09 PM
I remember when Ryan Fraser moved from Aberdeen down there he was slated by the usual suspects on sportsound etc for lacking ambition. Bournemouth in the premier league just reinforces the gulf in finances / money sloshing around in England and the state of affairs up here. Fair play to them they've played some decent stuff this season. Matt Ritchie is arguably the best player in the championship and hopefully will go on to do well for Scotland.

green day
27-04-2015, 09:12 PM

Good luck to them.

Interesting article, big uplift in losses year on year.Quite astonishing outlay for a tiny club though. Not sure how they got round the FFP rules this year then?

So not quite the "minnows" winning against all odds then??

Canongatehibs
27-04-2015, 09:13 PM

no worse than Manchester city's revival nonsense!

CropleyWasGod
27-04-2015, 09:14 PM
Good luck to them.

Interesting article, big uplift in losses year on year.Quite astonishing outlay for a tiny club though. Not sure how they got round the FFP rules this year then?

So not quite the "minnows" winning against all odds then??

According to that piece, they had to halve their losses within 6 months, otherwise they'd face sanctions. Presumably, they have managed to do that.

"New Financial Fair Play rules mean the Cherries must almost halve that £15m loss by December of this year, or face transfer restrictions."

green day
27-04-2015, 09:20 PM
According to that piece, they had to halve their losses within 6 months, otherwise they'd face sanctions. Presumably, they have managed to do that.

"New Financial Fair Play rules mean the Cherries must almost halve that £15m loss by December of this year, or face transfer restrictions."

Yes, I read that - so presume sugar daddy wrote a cheque. I was more flabbergasted that a club that size could rack up those debts. Championship salaries must be braw !!

iwasthere1972
27-04-2015, 09:22 PM
SSN live from the dressing room was going fine until some old boy presumably the Chairman came in going mental singing and swearing . Cue apology in the studio!

Effing as well. :agree:

CropleyWasGod
27-04-2015, 09:23 PM
Yes, I read that - so presume sugar daddy wrote a cheque. I was more flabbergasted that a club that size could rack up those debts. Championship salaries must be braw !!

His writing a cheque wouldn't prevent the loss. That would just increase the debt.

Presumably, though, a decent half-season in the Championship (with the TV money that brings) has had an effect. The big losses happened when they were in League 1.

Scott Allan Key
27-04-2015, 10:02 PM

Someone may have exact figures but EPL and Championship were two highest paying leagues in world. There will be clubs in Championship paying better wages than some top Spanish, German and Italian sides, who will be much better at football!

BOB MARLEYS DUG
27-04-2015, 10:22 PM
Well deserved! Good club, good manager, good fans and good football.

Good luck Bournemouth :thumbsup:

NadeAteMyLunch!
27-04-2015, 10:42 PM
Well done Bournemouth.
However, they will be next seasons Burnley I think

CB_NO3
27-04-2015, 11:20 PM
How can a wee club like Bournemouth put a plan together, get a good coach in and end up in the Premiership, while we (one of the biggest clubs in Scotland) can't put more that two good seasons together 😳

Iggy Pope
27-04-2015, 11:28 PM
How can a wee club like Bounemouth put a plan together, get a good coach in and end up in the Premiership, while we (one of the biggest clubs in Scotland) can't put more that two good seasons together 

Could be wrong, but I think he did well at Bournemouth, left, ****ed up Burnley, got found out, went back to Bournemouth and did well again with a wad of money (although they do look a very good side).
Yogi might give us two good seasons if he ****s up again soon.........

frazeHFC
27-04-2015, 11:35 PM
Could be wrong, but I think he did well at Bournemouth, left, ****ed up Burnley, got found out, went back to Bournemouth and did well again with a wad of money (although they do look a very good side).
Yogi might give us two good seasons if he ****s up again soon.........

He's managed them in all 4 leagues and has them playing some of the best football in the country. Credit where credits due, he's been a great manager for them. They were mentioning all the clubs they signed their star players from, Hereford, Brighton, Charlton, Coventry etc. He's had some cash to spend but certainly knows how to use it.

greenlex
28-04-2015, 02:19 AM
How can a wee club like Bounemouth put a plan together, get a good coach in and end up in the Premiership, while we (one of the biggest clubs in Scotland) can't put more that two good seasons together 😳

Spend £15M they don't have?

Baader
28-04-2015, 05:27 AM
Spent a bit but still a fantastic achievement from Eddie Howe.

CB_NO3
28-04-2015, 07:18 AM
The £15M they didn't have has just made them £100M, and they were not chucking 60k a week on players like QPR, or running at a £40M year loss like Bolton who have nothing to show.

P.S. we racked up £10M worth of debt before the bank deal.

cockneymike
28-04-2015, 07:38 AM

Yeah, but that was total debt, that 15m was a one year loss. Notwithstanding that it was for the 12-13 season. They'll probably publish their 13-14 results soon and I'd bet revenue is much higher as a result of being in the championship, and I'd imagine their 14-15 results will be better again.

Interestingly at the bottom of the article it also says:

The report went on to admit that "football wages continue to be the highest expense for the club" and Mostyn added there had been significant investment in other key areas of the football club.
"In addition to strengthening the squad, we had a change of management team, a new club shop and state of the art training pitches built," he said.
"We also invested heavily in our first team's support, employing a team of top quality analysts, sports scientists and medical staff. We use medical facilities amongst the best in Europe, which has enabled our injured players to return to the squad in record breaking time.
"We also have in place an international scouting network, keeping the manager aware of opportunities in the transfer market."

Sounds a bit familiar....

Good luck to them I say. Its a nice place Bournemouth (Poole beach is awesome) - and there's a lot of money down there, so they should be able to get plenty of local business sponsorship too.

Bostonhibby
28-04-2015, 07:43 AM

:agree: Yep they are, well done regardless - it just shows what can be done when you have a rich committed backer from the former soviet union - wonder if they are going to build a megasuperhotelstadium, win the EPL and the Champions League in the next few years? They are probably fatty Foulkes favourite English team.

Steve20
28-04-2015, 07:51 AM
People always want to take achievements away from clubs and managers and just say it's down to money. But the job Howe has done at Bournemouth is incredible. They're not paying anywhere near the wages some of the other clubs are in that league. They signed midfielder Arter from a non league side and he's been excellent for them. They sold Grabban for more money than they paid for his replacement, Callum Wilson.

Even if they have spent some money getting there, it's paid off with the money they'll receive being in the top league. Maybe other clubs should speculate to accumulate.

greenlex
28-04-2015, 08:39 AM
The £15M they didn't have has just made them £100M, and they were not chucking 60k a week on players like QPR, or running at a £40M year loss like Bolton who have nothing to show.

Great. It's a gamble. What if they had failed? it will be more than £15 M now as that was to get to the Championship. Our £10M wasn't in one year to get out the third division either.

Eyrie
28-04-2015, 12:36 PM

The bulk of which was mortgage type debt to complete our stadium rebuild, rather than a single year loss.

muzzando
28-04-2015, 01:42 PM
Their chairman rightly having a great time :hilarious

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkvkRPeSY0U

Onceinawhile
28-04-2015, 02:04 PM
Will replace arsenal at the top of the alphabetical league table. So guaranteed to be in first place for at least a bit!

CB_NO3
28-04-2015, 02:50 PM
They paid £11M in wages this season to potentially make £100M in prize money over the next 3 seasons after parachute payments and so on. Our highest wage bill was £5.4M in 2004 to probably just about break even. So their gamble in big wages was probably a lesser gamble than us with much more gain and they are a minnow club in England in comparison to what we are in Scotland. They have much more competition than we do and more bigger clubs to deal with than we do.

There £15M loss is pennies in England and is only one player sale away from recouping the cost. The danger now is, do they go spend big like QPR and get relegated still or do they operate like Burnley who know their place and go down with dignity and a healthy bank balance.

I'm_cabbaged
28-04-2015, 02:53 PM
Will replace arsenal at the top of the alphabetical league table. So guaranteed to be in first place for at least a bit!

Eh?

silverhibee
28-04-2015, 02:56 PM

Thought they had a rich Russian owner who has put his money in to the club, so they do have it.

Pretty sure they made a bid of £5.5m for a young player at Birmingham in the last window, so the money is there from Demin.

Smartie
28-04-2015, 03:00 PM

I initially thought that this was the most stupid post I'd seen on hibs.net since that arithmetic clanger the other day.

But… I take it that as they call themselves "AFC Bournemouth" they will go in ahead of Arsenal?

silverhibee
28-04-2015, 03:03 PM
:agree: Yep they are, well done regardless - it just shows what can be done when you have a rich committed backer from the former soviet union - wonder if they are going to build a megasuperhotelstadium, win the EPL and the Champions League in the next few years? They are probably fatty Foulkes favourite English team.

I would take a Maxim Demin character taking over Hibs, and he doesn't have the worry of building a new stand/stadium/training centre either, win win. :greengrin

silverhibee
28-04-2015, 03:06 PM
Well done Bournemouth, great achievement.

greenlex
28-04-2015, 03:09 PM
Thought they had a rich Russian owner who has put his money in to the club, so they do have it.

Pretty sure they made a bid of £5.5m for a young player at Birmingham in the last window, so the money is there from Demin. If they have it how can they post losses?

Lago
28-04-2015, 03:16 PM
[QUOTE=Bostonhibby;436003yep they are, well done regardless - it just shows what can be done when you have a rich committed backer from the former soviet union - wonder if they are going to build a megasuperhotelstadium, win the EPL and the Champions League in the next few years? They are probably fatty Foulkes favourite English team.[/QUOTE]
They have done well, but its pointless people trying to draw comparisons with Hibs, they play in England, Hibs in Scotland, so they have all the financial benefits going.

silverhibee
28-04-2015, 03:18 PM
If they have it how can they post losses?

I didn't read the whole thread. :greengrin

CropleyWasGod
28-04-2015, 03:22 PM
If they have it how can they post losses?
The money from the owner doesn't count as trading income. They spent that cash getting out of League 1, hence the losses.

Canon Hannan
28-04-2015, 03:57 PM
The money from the owner doesn't count as trading income. They spent that cash getting out of League 1, hence the losses.

£120,000,000 promotion money will help any of this. Good luck to them. Just need Boro to go up too!

rosco-hibee
28-04-2015, 03:58 PM
Spent a bit but still a fantastic achievement from Eddie Howe.

He could do a job with Hibs...

Bostonhibby
28-04-2015, 04:18 PM
I would take a Maxim Demin character taking over Hibs, and he doesn't have the worry of building a new stand/stadium/training centre either, win win. :greengrin

:agree: Sounds like he could probably sort the pies out as well.

NORTHERNHIBBY
28-04-2015, 04:20 PM
Eh?

Their Sunday name is AFC Bournemouth.

AltheHibby
28-04-2015, 07:37 PM
Iggy, do you mean these Bournemouth Poppies? :-)

They have a nice little ground and decent bacon rolls at half time.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bournemouth_F.C.

I'm_cabbaged
28-04-2015, 07:44 PM
Their Sunday name is AFC Bournemouth.

I knew I should've checked that 😀
I take it the "A" is athletic and not amateur 😉