PDA

View Full Version : Hibernians End of season awards

Unseen work
26-04-2015, 10:43 PM
Scott Allan - player of the year
Jason Cummings - young player of the year

No great surprise about these really. Still a lot of really good campaigns for the likes of grey, Robertson Stevenson hanlon and Fontaine,

What I was thinking was other than jc what young player stood a chance? Dylan even though he was injured for a while, fyvie has only been here since January. Hope next season he has a bit more competition

B.H.F.C
26-04-2015, 10:46 PM
Can't argue. Probably been players who have been more consistent than Allan but he's quality to watch. Just look at yesterday, involved in all four goals.

Cummings was a no brainer for young player.

Vault Boy
26-04-2015, 10:53 PM
Scott Allan - player of the year
Jason Cummings - young player of the year

No great surprise about these really. Still a lot of really good campaigns for the likes of grey, Robertson Stevenson hanlon and Fontaine,

What I was thinking was other than jc what young player stood a chance? Dylan even though he was injured for a while, fyvie has only been here since January. Hope next season he has a bit more competition

If the club's awards carry the same parameters as the PFA awards, then YPOTY can be won by anyone aged 23 or below at the start of the season. Considering age alone, Oxley, McGeouch, Allan, Fyvie, Boyle, Cummings and Forster technically stood a chance. I think that's a good number competing for that particular award, especially considering there are rarely more than a handful of candidates in any side. We have a young team, and if we are able to keep hold of most of the key players, it bodes well for the future.

Congratulations to Scott and Jason, well deserved. :aok:

Speedy
27-04-2015, 07:40 AM
If the club's awards carry the same parameters as the PFA awards, then YPOTY can be won by anyone aged 23 or below at the start of the season. Considering age alone, Oxley, McGeouch, Allan, Fyvie, Boyle, Cummings and Forster technically stood a chance. I think that's a good number competing for that particular award, especially considering there are rarely more than a handful of candidates in any side. We have a young team, and if we are able to keep hold of most of the key players, it bodes well for the future.

Congratulations to Scott and Jason, well deserved. :aok:

Nonsense rules imo. Should be u21s.

Hazard being eligible for YPOTY is nuts.