PDA

View Full Version : Jamie McDonald anyone?

Forza Fred
26-04-2015, 08:03 PM
Anyone know how long McDonald has to go on his contract at Falkirk?

I thought we should have nailed him down prior to season's kick off, but can only presume Stubbsie was unaware of his talent and thought a keeper from darn south would be every bit as good.

With Oxley rumoured to be leaving, whether we go up or not, a keeper like McDonald would provide a huge level of confidence every game we play next season and be a positive improvement.

Hermit Crab
26-04-2015, 08:04 PM
There must be something in the water supply in Sydney. :wink:

Forza Fred
26-04-2015, 08:07 PM

Yes, water.

Scottie
It's a NO from me. :rolleyes:

We CAN and MUST do better than him when signing our next keeper.

Sir David Gray

I thought we should have nailed him down prior to season's kick off, but can only presume Stubbsie was unaware of his talent and thought a keeper from darn south would be every bit as good.

With Oxley rumoured to be leaving, whether we go up or not, a keeper like McDonald would provide a huge level of confidence every game we play next season and be a positive improvement.

He's out of contract in the summer.

Sergey
26-04-2015, 08:10 PM

What is it with crabs and water. Is that all you think about?

greenlex
26-04-2015, 08:10 PM
In a minute.

Pretty Boy
26-04-2015, 08:13 PM
He's a good goalkeeper and both wanted to and was close to signing for us in the summer.

I'd take him but I understand why others wouldn't

Hermit Crab
What is it with crabs and water. Is that all you think about?

:tee hee:

Diclonius
I'd take MacDonald.

Gmack7
26-04-2015, 08:17 PM
It's a NO from me. :rolleyes:

We CAN and MUST do better than him when signing our next keeper.
[ dont think i've seen him have a howler against us,its a yes from me

Thecat23
26-04-2015, 08:20 PM
I would take him, but I think we could maybe do better with Stubbs contacts.

NadeAteMyLunch!
26-04-2015, 08:24 PM
He certainly saves his best for when he's playing us. Not many keepers in this league would have got Fyvie's shot on to the post last week. For that reason alone I wish we had signed him last summer

SteveHFC
26-04-2015, 08:26 PM
Aye why not. He was excellent last week against us. :agree:

Only one of very few hearts players i've rated over the years.

brog
26-04-2015, 08:31 PM

Freddie, you were a better keeper than JMcD! :wink: He was released by Yams & was in so much demand he signed for Falkirk. He's ok, no more, no less but every error would be highlighted & subject to excessive scrutiny. I believe we can do much better & in Cerny we may already have a better keeper on our books.

lucky
26-04-2015, 08:33 PM
He's a good shot stopper but poor with the ball at his feet but I would take him over Oxley

Swedish hibee
26-04-2015, 08:34 PM
He hates us! He would never come to us. End off.

AlbertK86
26-04-2015, 08:37 PM
Seems to be fantastic against us every time we play them

However throughout the season I've seen him make many howlers on the highlights and felt he was very slow to react to both rangers goals yesterday

As mentioned I'm sure Stubbsy will have better lined up

Andy74
26-04-2015, 08:37 PM
I'd be happier signing the two we have again.

cmcd
26-04-2015, 08:56 PM
I'd be happier signing the two we have again.

Oxley is a good shot stopper but hopeless at crosses as was proved again yesterday

Hermit Crab
26-04-2015, 08:58 PM

I doubt that!

CallumLaidlaw
26-04-2015, 09:03 PM

And yet he was waiting (and hoping) on us offering him a deal last summer but we chose against it

Andy74
26-04-2015, 09:12 PM
Oxley is a good shot stopper but hopeless at crosses as was proved again yesterday

Must have missed whatever happened yesterday.

lord bunberry
26-04-2015, 09:15 PM
He's a crap keeper who played for that mob. I really can't see what people see in him, if he was that good he would've ended up at a better club than Falkirk.

CallumLaidlaw
26-04-2015, 09:21 PM
He's a crap keeper who played for that mob. I really can't see what people see in him, if he was that good he would've ended up at a better club than Falkirk.

He always seems to have a blinder against us anyway

lord bunberry
26-04-2015, 09:24 PM
So did Henry Smith and he was crap as well. Tbh I can't really remember McDonald playing that well against us, I'm not saying he hasn't had a good game, but he certainly hasn't had a blinder every game.

Ronniekirk
26-04-2015, 09:25 PM

Hopefully that will change next weekend

BOB MARLEYS DUG
26-04-2015, 09:45 PM
Rather just keep Cerny tbh.

TAHibby
26-04-2015, 09:48 PM
Surely we can get just as good, or better without the baggage. Cerny?

Kaff
26-04-2015, 09:53 PM
Rather just keep Cerny tbh.

Do you think we have a contract with Hull/Oxley where he has to play if fit? I'm not knocking Oxley, who i think is good for this league, but Cerny being touted for next season by quite a few when he hasn't dislodged Oxley is a little odd. Of course Cerny was ill for a while which would have hampered his hopes of getting in the team.

greenlex
26-04-2015, 09:58 PM
Do you think we have a contract with Hull/Oxley where he has to play if fit? I'm not knocking Oxley, who i think is good for this league, but Cerny being touted for next season by quite a few when he hasn't dislodged Oxley is a little odd. Of course Cerny was ill for a while which would have hampered his hopes of getting in the team.

I would have no worries putting him in if needed. That's for sure.

PatHead
26-04-2015, 10:02 PM
No from me. Any mistakes made would be jumped on.

Sure we can get better.

Kaff
26-04-2015, 10:03 PM
I would have no worries putting him in if needed. That's for sure.

Certainly was a good keeper and hopefully experience has added to his game

keep the faith
26-04-2015, 10:07 PM
It's a real shame cerny hasn't had a first team chance. Hopefully Stubbs is getting a good look at him in training.

He may well have his eye on him for next season.

pedroorange1875
26-04-2015, 10:25 PM
I would take him, but I think we could maybe do better with Stubbs contacts.

We already have better on the bench IMO, Stubbs doesnt need any contacts

InterviewLoI
26-04-2015, 10:34 PM

So does Nade mate

Boyle89
26-04-2015, 10:41 PM
He certainly saves his best for when he's playing us. Not many keepers in this league would have got Fyvie's shot on to the post last week. For that reason alone I wish we had signed him last summer
This! He almost always plays a blinder against us and has his whole seasons luck in games against us aswell :(

dmc1875
26-04-2015, 10:51 PM
He had many a blinder against many teams last season and from Falkirk games I've seen this season he looks a good keeper again.

Wanted to sign for us in the summer and he is a very good keeper IMO Id take him.

Having said that Cerny sitting on the bench at the moment is a keeper I've always rated as well shame he hasn't been given a chance

mca
27-04-2015, 01:18 AM
It's a real shame cerny hasn't had a first team chance. Hopefully Stubbs is getting a good look at him in training.

He may well have his eye on him for next season.

I Was Thinking the Same.. :wink:

scoopyboy
27-04-2015, 06:01 AM
MacDonald is better than Oxley IMO but neither are good enough for Hibs, again IMO.

For the record I don't think MacDonald has been that great against us this season, I would say more to do with our shortcomings.

After a year in management I would hope Stubbsy could come up with better.

erin go bragh
27-04-2015, 07:24 AM
[ dont think i've seen him have a howler against us,its a yes from me

He had a howler against us in the 3-3 draw .A big fat No from me .Another Hearts pwick that raises his game when playing us most of the time .

GGTTH

Brightside
27-04-2015, 07:33 AM
Must have missed whatever happened yesterday.

I missed the game as i was working but i spoke to one of the coaches and he said it was a mistake by Fontaine that led the goal?

I fully expected a Fontaine is rubbish thread today.

Rivers Cuomo
27-04-2015, 07:49 AM

Bull. Is a Rangers fan and would love to sign for Hibs. From the man himself.

JimBHibees
27-04-2015, 08:40 AM
I missed the game as i was working but i spoke to one of the coaches and he said it was a mistake by Fontaine that led the goal?

I fully expected a Fontaine is rubbish thread today.

It was though Lewis could have covered better also IMO.

Actually dont rate MacDonald much though he played well last week.

DH1875
27-04-2015, 10:04 AM
Wanted us to sign him at the start of the season. Never happened and now think that boat has sailed.
Would have also said at the time that Cerny would be a great option. No idea what's happened but would have rated him higher than Oxley. Anyone know why Cerny hasn't had any game time.

JimBHibees
27-04-2015, 10:05 AM
Wanted us to sign him at the start of the season. Never happened and now think that boat has sailed.
Would have also said at the time that Cerny would be a great option. No idea what's happened but would have rated him higher than Oxley. Anyone know why Cerny hasn't had any game time.

Probably because the guy in position has done well. Thomas also had the mumps for a couple of weeks which wouldnt have helped him get up to speed. A good back up at the moment which is what we want in case he is needed in the next few weeks.

ManBearPig
27-04-2015, 10:06 AM
He is a good keeper but his distribution is woeful. Just see his kicking at Hampden for example also not great command of his area combine that with fact he is an ex hertz player could be toxic

PeterboroHibee
27-04-2015, 10:42 AM

Oxley hasnt really done anything wrong since Cerny came in. I think there has been the odd occasion where Stubbs could have put him in, but hes stuck by Oxley and now isnt the time to be trying our goalkeepers.

As for McDonald, I think hes a good keeper and would happily have him at Hibs.

WeeRussell
27-04-2015, 11:35 AM
I think he's a better keeper than Oxley and would have no complaints if he signed (actually wanted us to get him last year.)

I'm sure Stubbsy will have things sorted - and trust him to have a decent keeper in place for next season.

EastCalderHibby
27-04-2015, 09:21 PM
So did Henry Smith and he was crap as well. Tbh I can't really remember McDonald playing that well against us, I'm not saying he hasn't had a good game, but he certainly hasn't had a blinder every game.

the 2 games at er last season he saved them from a good few doings

essexhibee
27-04-2015, 09:42 PM
distrivution is pish in the main becusse he tries to drop kick the ball like a rugby ball!

GordonHFC
28-04-2015, 07:18 AM
Off to Kilmarnock according to the Beeb.

nellio
28-04-2015, 09:55 AM

Exactly word for word what I said yesterday. Awful at coming for crosses and chooses to punch some things too.

I wouldnt mind McD, he's decent.

GreenPJ
28-04-2015, 11:00 AM
He is a good keeper but his distribution is woeful. Just see his kicking at Hampden for example also not great command of his area combine that with fact he is an ex hertz player could be toxic

Is his distribution woeful? One of the things where I think we really have improved from last year is distribution from the keeper - under Williams/Butcher it took an age for the ball to be released and it was invariably a big punt up the park, teams were back in position and we were generally facing the ball back in our own half within 20/30 seconds. At least now Oxley looks to release quickly, he has a good throw on him and whilst a few kicks have been a bit misplaced I would blame our forwards as much as our keeper for some of the hoofs not delivering anything.

Iggy Pope
28-04-2015, 11:11 AM
Is his distribution woeful? One of the things where I think we really have improved from last year is distribution from the keeper - under Williams/Butcher it took an age for the ball to be released and it was invariably a big punt up the park, teams were back in position and we were generally facing the ball back in our own half within 20/30 seconds. At least now Oxley looks to release quickly, he has a good throw on him and whilst a few kicks have been a bit misplaced I would blame our forwards as much as our keeper for some of the hoofs not delivering anything.

He's not talking about Oxley's distribution....

number9dream
28-04-2015, 11:20 AM

Beeb gossip round-up quoting Daily Express story saying Locke wants MacDonald and Scott Robinson at Killie next season. They say deal almost done...

Franck Stanton
28-04-2015, 11:50 AM

Rubbish, absolute rubbish. He is my brother-in-law and know for a fact he almost signed for us when he left them and if the opportunity arose again would jump at the chance.

scoopyboy
28-04-2015, 11:58 AM

Craig Samson anyone?

:devil:

scoopyboy
28-04-2015, 11:59 AM
Rubbish, absolute rubbish. He is my brother-in-law and know for a fact he almost signed for us when he left them and if the opportunity arose again would jump at the chance.

When you say he almost signed, what was it that happened that it fell through?

ekhibee
28-04-2015, 01:42 PM
Craig Samson anyone?

:devil:
No thanks, I've not been impressed with him at all when I've seen him, but that's just my opinion of course.

Franck Stanton
28-04-2015, 02:15 PM
When you say he almost signed, what was it that happened that it fell through?

Wouldn't go into detail, only that talks had taken place and that initially Hibs were interested but pulled out late in the discussions.

SteveHFC
28-04-2015, 02:28 PM
Wouldn't go into detail, only that talks had taken place and that initially Hibs were interested but pulled out late in the discussions.

Would love to see him at us mate. Think he's a decent goalie. :agree:

IanM
28-04-2015, 04:50 PM
Looks as though Kilmarnock are about to snap both him and Scott Robinson

R'Albin
28-04-2015, 04:59 PM

I don't make a lot of games, but I haven't seen much to suggest he's a good shot stopper. The only real outstanding save I recall him making Was vs Livingston in the 4-0 game. I don't think it's a good time in the season to be messing about with the keepers, but I'd like to see someone else given a go next season.

bigwheel
28-04-2015, 05:00 PM
I don't make a lot of games, but I haven't seen much to suggest he's a good shot stopper. The only real outstanding save I recall him making Was vs Livingston in the 4-0 game. I don't think it's a good time in the season to be messing about with the keepers, but I'd like to see someone else given a go next season.

I wouldn't swap keeper at this stage of the season...but I'm not a fan of Oxley. Hope we get someone better next season.

scoopyboy
28-04-2015, 05:15 PM

Thanks for that GAG.

I didn't realise that talks had taken place and that it was Hibs that walked away from a deal.

hibees 7062
28-04-2015, 05:24 PM
Tomáš Černý for me

Baldy Foghorn
28-04-2015, 05:34 PM
Thanks for that GAG.

I didn't realise that talks had taken place and that it was Hibs that walked away from a deal.

I was told Steve Marsella didn't think JM was good enough for Hibs:rolleyes:

BSEJVT
28-04-2015, 06:08 PM
Looks as though Kilmarnock are about to snap both him and Scott Robinson

Good shout

Anyone that snaps that Jambo welt Robinson is alright with me.