PDA

View Full Version : White Away Strip

Real Emerald
26-04-2015, 08:03 PM
Someone will probably have the stats to prove me wrong but I have more confidence when they wear the white strip, we always seem to play better in it than the bottle green. It may be easier for players to pick team mates out with passes, quick decisions etc. when they see it out the corner of their eye. The bottle green strip can get lost on the pitch? Or maybe I'm talking pure keek, anyone? :dunno:

HibsNutter
26-04-2015, 08:04 PM
We should ditch green and go with an bright pink home strip from now on.

jane_says
26-04-2015, 08:05 PM
Actually agree with you. Would be interesting to see the stats but to my mind we play much better in white.

high bee
26-04-2015, 08:08 PM
The bottle green strip can get lost on the pitch? Or maybe I'm talking pure keek, anyone? :dunno:

We should ditch it now, Man Utd did the same mid season with their grey strip for similar reasons if I remember correctly.

Real Emerald
26-04-2015, 08:14 PM
We should ditch it now, Man Utd did the same mid season with their grey strip for similar reasons if I remember correctly.

When Southamptom beat them 6 nil (or two) at the Dell, I remeber Fergie going nuts, did they not change at half time?

gaz1875
26-04-2015, 08:16 PM

Jimmy Hill brought it up in an interview and was pilloried for saying the strips were the cause of defeats, I actually agree there is something in it.

SteveHFC
26-04-2015, 08:17 PM
Could we just have a purple away kit every season?

Thecat23
26-04-2015, 08:19 PM
I always feel more confident when we play in the White. Not sure if there is anything in it or just because it's brighter the players stand out more but yeah I'd rather we wore white the rest of the games.

woodythehibee
26-04-2015, 08:20 PM
Difficult to say, but the players certainly stand out more.

In terms of the stats i.e higher % wins in white, it must be remembered that we generally wear the white jersey away from home. In these games, we tend to do well as the onus is on the home side to attack as opposed to having 11 behind the ball which tends to happen at ER. This obviously creates more space for our forward thinking players to perform.

Ricky Bobby
26-04-2015, 08:20 PM
Someone will probably have the stats to prove me wrong but I have more confidence when they wear the white strip, we always seem to play better in it than the bottle green. It may be easier for players to pick team mates out with passes, quick decisions etc. when they see it out the corner of their eye. The bottle green strip can get lost on the pitch? Or maybe I'm talking pure keek, anyone? :dunno:

I have think there might be something in this.

Alfred E Newman
26-04-2015, 08:52 PM

I think you are right. In certain conditions the dark green strip does not stand out against both the pitch and the crowd. Let's hope we go back to a more traditional strip next year.

Pretty Boy
26-04-2015, 08:54 PM
Could we have just have a purple away kit every season?

I would love a purple away kit next season. Probaly the only thing that would tempt me to buy a replica kit.

ScottM1875
26-04-2015, 08:58 PM
Could we just have a purple away kit every season?

Something similar to Bristol City's third kit this season would be quality.

iainm1875
27-04-2015, 08:01 AM
Difficult to say, but the players certainly stand out more.

In terms of the stats i.e higher % wins in white, it must be remembered that we generally wear the white jersey away from home. In these games, we tend to do well as the onus is on the home side to attack as opposed to having 11 behind the ball which tends to happen at ER. This obviously creates more space for our forward thinking players to perform.

Nail on head.:aok:

NadeAteMyLunch!
27-04-2015, 08:10 AM
Off the top of my head, we lost to both Alloa and Hearts in our white strip at the start of the season. Must be others as well. I do prefer it though

lord bunberry
27-04-2015, 09:19 AM
4-0 against rangers and 2-0 against hearts were both in the green strip

Just Alf
27-04-2015, 09:30 AM
Get the white sleeves back!..... best of both worlds :thumbsup:

:greengrin

Mathias Jack
27-04-2015, 10:10 AM

Agreed :aok:

Here it's here...

http://www.footballkitnews.com/13550/new-bristol-city-third-kit-2014-15-bcfc-purple-lime-shirt-1415/

IrnBru22
27-04-2015, 10:21 AM
Agreed :aok:

Here it's here...

http://www.footballkitnews.com/13550/new-bristol-city-third-kit-2014-15-bcfc-purple-lime-shirt-1415/

Nice apart from the socks

NAE NOOKIE
27-04-2015, 10:22 AM

:agree:

Bristolhibby
27-04-2015, 01:45 PM

This, it's a brilliant kit.

http://i4.irishmirror.ie/incoming/article4029211.ece/ALTERNATES/s615/PAY-Greg-Cunningham.jpg

Septimus
28-04-2015, 05:36 AM

Agreed 100 %