PDA

View Full Version : Scott Brown at it again

Scottie
26-04-2015, 12:23 PM
Shocking challenge on John Rankin in today's game.

Studs knee height right through him.

Is he above the law. Alright having a hard man image but he is going to end someone's career sooner rather than later. Collum bottled it again.

greenlex
26-04-2015, 12:25 PM
Yellow was correct. He led with us studs up, won the ball and Rankin kicked his foot. Dangerous yes wreck less no. Yellow spot on.

cabbageandribs1875
26-04-2015, 12:26 PM
yellow was suffice imo

Scottie
26-04-2015, 12:27 PM
Yellow was correct. He led with us studs up, won the ball and Rankin kicked his foot. Dangerous yes wreck less no. Yellow spot on.
Is dangerous play not a red then ? :confused:

Sir David Gray
26-04-2015, 12:28 PM
In today's climate, it was a red card offence all day long.

greenlex
26-04-2015, 12:29 PM
Is dangerous play not a red then ? :confused:

No it's a yellow. Serious foul play is a red. No malice in the tackle whatsoever. An overhead kick can be dangerous but it's not a red.

Scottie
26-04-2015, 12:30 PM
In today's climate, it was a red card offence all day long.
:agree: He's getting away with it every week.

KeithTheHibby
26-04-2015, 12:31 PM
He's untouchable in Scottish football which is no surprise given he's captain of an old firm team.
Different story in Europe where the refs actually have some bottle.

Pretty Boy
26-04-2015, 12:33 PM
He was sent off for far less at least once in his Hibs career, a season opener against Dunfermilne immediately springs to mind. Not the first time I've thought that.

Arranging the green and white in a different pattern seems to have an effect on the refs eyesight and perspective.

greenlex
26-04-2015, 12:34 PM
Is it because it was Scott Brown that made the challenge that there's controversy? If say Scott Allan had made the challenge would the call be red? It's a yellow as its dangerous. No more.

essexhibee
26-04-2015, 12:34 PM
Think he's clever. Seems to bully referees in games tbh to get the decisions his way.

cabbageandribs1875
26-04-2015, 12:35 PM
sparky scores again

and again

Sir David Gray
26-04-2015, 12:53 PM
sparky scores again

And again.

2-0.

CB_NO3
26-04-2015, 12:57 PM
Straight red, no doubt about it.

Danderhall Hibs
26-04-2015, 01:08 PM
I laugh when I hear the experts compliment him on how he's calmed down and learned from the mistakes he made at Hibs when he was hot headed.

Thing is he's no different and has learned nothing except he can get away with it now that he's Celtic captain.

Pretty Boy
26-04-2015, 01:11 PM
Ryan McGowan complaining about a penalty being given when the foul was outside the box. Oh the irony.

cabbageandribs1875
26-04-2015, 01:12 PM
And again.

2-0.

and again, penalty 0-3, it's his baw

foul was outside the box though

greenlex
26-04-2015, 01:12 PM
Didn't even think it was a foul. GMS er............ Plays for it . Dive. Collum is right there too. I hope Celtic do the decent thing and tell everyone they are writing to the SFA.

Pretty Boy
26-04-2015, 01:13 PM
I trust Celtic will be seeking clarification on that decision.

At least a yard outside the box so only right they uphold the honour of the game and do the right thing.

greenlex
26-04-2015, 01:14 PM
I trust Celtic will be seeking clarification on that decision.

At least a yard outside the box so only right they uphold the honour of the game and do the right thing.

I hope they are going to make a statement to that effect at the very least.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
26-04-2015, 01:16 PM
Sparky at it again!!! The wee man scores goals 👌🏼

Billychaotic182
Mong a bit harsh

Hermit Crab
The more we see of Griffiths the more we realise how we missed a trick there. :grr:

Pretty Boy
26-04-2015, 01:17 PM
No great controversy according to Andy ****er because there's already a 2 goal advantage.

greenlex
26-04-2015, 01:18 PM
No great controversy according to Andy ****er because there's already a 2 goal advantage.

Cock

Mikey09
26-04-2015, 01:19 PM
If the SFA need to go crawling to Celtic and Lawell in particular.... SEND FOR COLLUM!!!! :greengrin

Pretty Boy
26-04-2015, 01:19 PM
The more we see of Griffiths the more we realise how we missed a trick there. :grr:

We didn't really miss a trick.

We tried to sign him, Wolves activated the year extra on his contract so we couldn't afford him, he signed a further extension, Celtic wanted him and could afford him.

We couldn't have done much more when it came to trying to sign him.

Spike Mandela
26-04-2015, 01:25 PM
Have to say I enjoy watching the way Celtic play football.

Watched very little Premier league football this year but the few games I have seen involving Celtic they are always probing, passing and trying to attack in the right way.

Hermit Crab
26-04-2015, 01:36 PM
We didn't really miss a trick.

We tried to sign him, Wolves activated the year extra on his contract so we couldn't afford him, he signed a further extension, Celtic wanted him and could afford him.

We couldn't have done much more when it came to trying to sign him.

We don't really know that though. Was it down to money issues? Or was it Petrie being tight at the time?

Pretty Boy
26-04-2015, 01:39 PM
[/B]

We don't really know that though. Was it down to money issues? Or was it Petrie being tight at the time?

It was rumoured Celtic had to pay the best part of £1M for him, although it's officially undisclosed, that was only 6 months after we tried to get him.

Petrie being tight or otherwise that's a different world from the one we operate in when it comes to transfer fees. What really scuppered any chance of us signing him was Griffiths signing the further extension at Wolves. Had he not done that, amd had he really wanted to be at Hibs, he could have sat tight and signed a pre contract with us in the same January he eventually signed for Celtic for a hefty fee.

ekhibee
26-04-2015, 03:48 PM
It was rumoured Celtic had to pay the best part of £1M for him, although it's officially undisclosed, that was only 6 months after we tried to get him.

Petrie being tight or otherwise that's a different world from the one we operate in when it comes to transfer fees. What really scuppered any chance of us signing him was Griffiths signing the further extension at Wolves. Had he not done that, amd had he really wanted to be at Hibs, he could have sat tight and signed a pre contract with us in the same January he eventually signed for Celtic for a hefty fee.
Yep, that was my take on it as well. Sure, he definitely is a Hibs fan, but not enough to sign a pre-contract with us.

davidw
26-04-2015, 04:00 PM
Mong a bit harsh

And offensive. Term you might expect to hear from a Ukip-voting Hearts fan but not here please FFS.

Big_Franck
26-04-2015, 04:04 PM

I'm definitely no petrie fan but I don't think we can blame him here. Griffiths was never contracted to Hibs and it doesn't appear we were ever in a position to sign him on a permanent deal. I don't believe the 150k myth.

We might have been able to sign him on a permanent deal had he not scored so many for us in his second season. Unfortunately those goals took him out of our price reach both in terms of transfer fee and wages i'd imagine.

Sioux
26-04-2015, 04:24 PM

Was it not the case that Wolves had an option of a one year extension? Griffiths didn't need to sign anything. Wolves could exercise their option if they wanted to, and did. Griffiths had no say in the matter.

Slim Shady
26-04-2015, 04:32 PM

Was considered reckless that's why he was only cautioned. A reckless tackle is not a red card.

Del Boy
26-04-2015, 04:32 PM
Scott Brown is as much a thug as Goodwin but gets away with it cos he's Celtic captain.

Pretty Boy
26-04-2015, 04:39 PM
Was it not the case that Wolves had an option of a one year extension? Griffiths didn't need to sign anything. Wolves could exercise their option if they wanted to, and did. Griffiths had no say in the matter.

Wolves excercised the 1 year option in his contract. Griffiths signed a further extension after that.

greenlex
26-04-2015, 04:57 PM
Was considered reckless that's why he was only cautioned. A reckless tackle is not a red card.

Whatever the terms a yellow was correct.

Sioux
26-04-2015, 05:05 PM
Wolves excercised the 1 year option in his contract. Griffiths signed a further extension after that.

OK ta

PatHead
26-04-2015, 10:13 PM
Whatever the terms a yellow was correct.

The pundits on Sportscene thought it was a red. Think I agree with that myself.

If he wasn't an ex Hibs favourite we would be calling him all sorts of things. He does get away with a lot.

lyonhibs
27-04-2015, 06:34 AM
Scott Brown is as much a thug as Goodwin but gets away with it cos he's Celtic captain.

Sorry, but no.

NadeAteMyLunch!
27-04-2015, 08:16 AM
He better get all these challenges out of his system because if he does come back to end his career at Hibs, he'll get a red every week for that

JimBHibees
27-04-2015, 08:39 AM
Cock

Bit harsh he is only telling you what Andy Walker said. :greengrin

Bad Martini
27-04-2015, 11:15 AM
Would have been a red if he played for any other team.

However, I dont give a toss. No longer a Hibs player. Hopefully the footballing enemy next season if we can get back up. Therefore, he's against us. Therefore, dont give a toss and the more red's he gets, the less damage he can do us.

Err, my take.:aok:

jacomo
27-04-2015, 05:17 PM
I don't begrudge LG or SB going to Sellick for the money. I wish they were our players but it's a short career etc and so on.

SB is/was on an enormous wedge there, LG probably earning several times what he ever hope for with us. I think both players retain a genuine affection for Hibs (it would be a bit weird to come watch us play if they didn't).

They might be dirty bassas / fake badge kissers but I still like them both!