stokesmessiah
25-04-2015, 10:52 PM
Is Carver taking them down?

NadeAteMyLunch!
25-04-2015, 11:00 PM
He's certainly giving it a decent bash. I think they will survive, just

CB_NO3
25-04-2015, 11:05 PM
I think they are safe tbf. A point should do them.

Hibernia&Alba
25-04-2015, 11:09 PM
He's certainly giving it a decent bash. I think they will survive, just

Agreed. They've completely collapsed but should be okay.

Bishop Hibee
25-04-2015, 11:10 PM
Ashley would give Mercer a run for his money in the FTB stakes. Big dilemma for Geordies as to whether they renew STs next season. They will stay up though.

iwasthere1972
25-04-2015, 11:10 PM
Is Carver taking them down?

For some reason I just don't like him. How he even thinks that he'll be in the running to get the job next season baffles me. He may be Newcastle through and through but never manager material.

DH1875
25-04-2015, 11:55 PM
Who cares. Never liked them but their tie in with rangers makes me hate them even more.

Sir David Gray
26-04-2015, 12:13 AM
Who cares. Never liked them but their tie in with rangers makes me hate them even more.

They loaned them five players, four of which have made one appearance between them, but are presumably still being paid by Sevco!

What's not to like? :greengrin

NadeAteMyLunch!
26-04-2015, 12:32 AM
They loaned them five players, four of which have made one appearance between them, but are presumably still being paid by Sevco!

What's not to like? :greengrin

True, however the one that does play is their best player. If Vukic manages to pull them through the play offs then the loan arrangement will have served its purpose, sadly

DH1875
26-04-2015, 12:40 AM
True, however the one that does play is their best player. If Vukic manages to pull them through the play offs then the loan arrangement will have served its purpose, sadly

Agreed. If it wasnt for Vukic (sp?) they'd be dead and buried already. Crazy thing is, their looking at signing him permanently. How they gonna afford that as a first division club :confused:.

DarlingtonHibee
26-04-2015, 07:40 AM
Newcastle dont give a about the fans, all the board want is money, so as long as they stay in the EPL that will be it.

The fans dont help either - one team in a major city, they seem to think by buying all the grear and season tickets things will be fine.

Give you an example (pre Ashley) we had a box at St James for 10 years - the prices were going up on year on year, we stuck with it, but then they tried to hit us for 20% more ( your now talking a lot of money), we offerred to resign for two years for a discount - they basically said, "get lost someone else will pay what we want".

The Newcastle fans have got to wake up, but they wont because its the only team in the city - would Carver get a job in our league - doubt it.

It is all about money and merchandising - that why he wanted the Huns.

JimBHibees
26-04-2015, 07:44 AM
Agreed. If it wasnt for Vukic (sp?) they'd be dead and buried already. Crazy thing is, their looking at signing him permanently. How they gonna afford that as a first division club :confused:.

Apparently Shane Ferguson is now training with them a decent player so could have a say in the play offs.

Pretty Boy
26-04-2015, 07:46 AM
As something of a convert to Newcastle in recent years I'm baffled by the goings on at the club.

The campaigm for Carver to get the job by the media, probably because he's a bit old school, was bizarre and he's way out his depth.

DarlingtonHibee
26-04-2015, 07:58 AM
As something of a convert to Newcastle in recent years I'm baffled by the goings on at the club.

The campaigm for Carver to get the job by the media, probably because he's a bit old school, was bizarre and he's way out his depth.

PB - it is all about money - the fans and corporate people queue up to give them money, and Ashley and co take it - Newcastle must sell the most merchandise in the EPL. They dont give a toss about the fans.

Carver - cheap option, but should keep them up. Would he get a job in our league - doubt it, its all about selling kit to the mugs that follow them, and I feel sorry for the fans, but they believe they have a right to be a top team, and because its a one team in a major city, you are expected to follow them.

PiemanP
26-04-2015, 08:29 AM
Newcastle remind me of the hearts/huns of the South - they have this vision that the football world revolves around their club. It doesn't.

The fans hounded out Pardew, who was doing a pretty decent job given his budget. They'll likely not get a boss as good as him for a long time and I'm glad he's doing well at palace.

DarlingtonHibee
26-04-2015, 08:34 AM
The fans are deluded, but your almost looked down on unless you support them, buy the kit, season ticket etc.

NORTHERNHIBBY
26-04-2015, 08:47 AM
Wonder what Alan Pardew thinks of what has happened to Newcastle since he left? Did he know that this was in the post? Toon fans never took to him.

Scottie
26-04-2015, 08:54 AM
The fans are deluded, but your almost looked down on unless you support them, buy the kit, season ticket etc.
Couldn't happen to a nicer lot than this lot getting relegated. GIRUY.

(ps. Married into a Geordie mad family) :na na:

The Baldmans Comb
26-04-2015, 09:01 AM
A deluded support and a deluded town it would be harder to find anywhere in the world.

They actually believe they are salt of the earth "special" supporters from the "North East".

It's an utterly bland and boring place where the people are no different to anywhere else in England.

Not worse not better not different but certainly not "special".

Pretty Boy
26-04-2015, 09:31 AM
A deluded support and a deluded town it would be harder to find anywhere in the world.

They actually believe they are salt of the earth "special" supporters from the "North East".

It's an utterly bland and boring place where the people are no different to anywhere else in England.

Is the Newcastle support deluded? They crave success certainly having not won a major trophy for 50 odd years. Most are realistic that the days of challneging for the title are gone with the wealth of new investment in the EPL, considering the relative 'success' of the likes of Everton, Southampton, Swansea etc in recent years I wouldn't say it's deluded to think they should be performing better.

As for Newcastle itself, having spent a lot of time there, I can't say I've noticed a common personality amongst the people. There's decent people and erseholes there like anywhere else. If I had to categorise an entire population of over a quarter of a million I'd say they reminds me of other cities with industrial heritage such as Liverpool, Glasgow and Belfast. That's a huge generalisation though.

3pm
26-04-2015, 09:33 AM
Wonder what Alan Pardew. Toon fans never took to him.

It's because he's perceived to be an Ashley 'yes man'.

The record in the cup runs in Ashley's time is a farce. He just wants to ensure he gets free advertising for Sports Direct through worldwide TV coverage. The cups get in the way of that.

3pm
26-04-2015, 09:36 AM
Is the Newcastle support deluded? They crave success certainly having not won a major trophy for 50 odd years. Most are realistic that the days of challneging for the title are gone with the wealth of new investment in the EPL, considering the relative 'success' of the likes of Everton, Southampton, Swansea etc in recent years I wouldn't say it's deluded to think they should be performing better.

As for Newcastle itself, having spent a lot of time there, I can't say I've noticed a common personality amongst the people. There's decent people and erseholes there like anywhere else. If I had to categorise an entire population of over a quarter of a million I'd say they reminds me of other cities with industrial heritage such as Liverpool, Glasgow and Belfast. That's a huge generalisation though.

We all love our football PB but collectively these guys are unreal. Game day is amazing in Newcastle.

Pretty Boy
26-04-2015, 09:44 AM
We all love our football PB but collectively these guys are unreal. Game day is amazing in Newcastle.

Agreed.

I try to make at least 2 or 3 Newcastle games a season now as the atmosphere in the city on game day is superb.

Stranraer
26-04-2015, 10:06 AM
Have they won since Pardew left? I think Sunderland, Burnley and QPR will go down - Newcastle might just have won enough points earlier in the season to keep them afloat.

StevieC
26-04-2015, 10:18 AM
I can't believe some of the nonsense on this thread about Newcastle and their supporters.

The link with Rangers is purely down to Ashley (and his probably plans to move on to another club after ditching Newcastle). To compare Newcastle fans with Huns is ridiculous.

Carver is a great guy and a great coach, but never manager material (at least not at a big Premiership club).

HUTCHYHIBBY
26-04-2015, 10:30 AM
I can't believe some of the nonsense on this thread about Newcastle and their supporters.

The link with Rangers is purely down to Ashley (and his probably plans to move on to another club after ditching Newcastle). To compare Newcastle fans with Huns is ridiculous.

Carver is a great guy and a great coach, but never manager material (at least not at a big Premiership club).

They are not a big Premiership club, they are a bang average Premiership club with a big support.

God Petrie
26-04-2015, 10:39 AM
I went to a Derby and found the atmosphere stale compared to European games.

Mikey09
26-04-2015, 10:41 AM
They are not a big Premiership club, they are a bang average Premiership club with a big support.

Absolutely. They should ditch there current nickname and call themselves "The Famous." That's what real big teams do.... :greengrin

ManBearPig
26-04-2015, 10:46 AM

This in spades as a Newcastle supporter since 1991 (poor days indeed) I can say we have seen a huge transformation but little silverware 2 first division championships and a intertoto plaque(no giggling at the back) but with the huge support and infrastructure at their disposal pre billionaire playboys buying clubs we shouldve been challenging at least for league cup and FA cup honours. I've seen the toon dumped in two FA cup finals.

Unfortunately the game has changed again and only the billionaire owned teams can do that these days.

As for not a big team thats subjective. I don't think the fans are deluded just like any fans Hibs invluded we want to see a certain level of effort and a plan for success. Carver is a joke but can only pi$$ with what he's got. The plan of buying vheap French talents and selling on was only gonna work for so long.

ekhibee
26-04-2015, 04:59 PM
Although I've never been a fan of Newcastle (the team), there's a possibility that the only north east derby next season could be Hull v Middlesboro. I always had a soft spot for Sunderland but they are in deep doodoo just now and Newcastle look a poor team too.

PISTOL1875
26-04-2015, 06:07 PM

Bang on. A bunch of fans with a 1 city team and no-one worth supporting for about 15 miles.. Average club with a big support sums them up to the point..

Deluded doesn't even cover it being honest , blamed Mike Ashley ever since Kevin Keegan left but failed to notice that KK has bottled in every single job he has been at previously and the job was way out his league..