PDA

View Full Version : Liam Craig

matty_f
25-04-2015, 05:59 PM
Liam was outstanding today imho, actually would have picked him as man of the match ahead of Allan.

Think he may have put himself in contention for a start next week.

tamig
25-04-2015, 06:00 PM
Liam was outstanding today imho, actually would have picked him as man of the match ahead of Allan.

Think he may have put himself in contention for a start next week.

He had a great game today. Was gutted for him that his second half strike didn't go in off the post but delighted he got his goal in the first.

bigwheel
25-04-2015, 06:02 PM
He was my MoM. Superb shift

MWHIBBIES
25-04-2015, 06:03 PM
Defo MOTM, played brilliantly.

NadeAteMyLunch!
25-04-2015, 06:05 PM
Malonga was in with a shout for motm as well I thought

dmc1875
25-04-2015, 06:07 PM
Yup said this on another threat a great game from him today I felt him and Malonga were excellent but would have had Liam as man of the match

Ricky Bobby
25-04-2015, 06:08 PM
Liam had a decent game but no more than that. His performance could only be classed as outstanding if you compare it to his previous performances this season. I can honestly say i was willing him to have a great game today but i thought he slowed the game so much in the first half. His goal was also a miss hit. He was good in the second half and very unlucky not to score. Still needs to be far more positive for me.

matty_f
25-04-2015, 06:11 PM
Malonga was in with a shout for motm as well I thought

Yeah Malonga was cracking today as well, actually don't have too many complaints about Allan getting the award, he was good as well.

I thought Craig was at the heart of just about everything good we did today.

bingo70
25-04-2015, 06:13 PM
Liam had a decent game but no more than that. His performance could only be classed as outstanding if you compare it to his previous performances this season. I can honestly say i was willing him to have a great game today but i thought he slowed the game so much in the first half. His goal was also a miss hit. He was good in the second half and very unlucky not to score. Still needs to be far more positive for me.

You'll get stick for that but I agree. I can't say I thought he was anything special today although looking back he obviously scored one and very unlucky not to get a second so won't complain too much.

I don't know about him slowing the play down too much but I have noticed he's got a dreadful first touch, Maybe those two things go hand in hand.

ruthven_raiders
25-04-2015, 06:14 PM

Totally agree with above, my nephew said as much during the game, people going overboard on a decent performance, great strike that hit inside of the post and cross come miss hot for his goal, but he's not the only one guilty of slowing the game down, we are just too slow at times, that's ok against allow but in the play offs has to be better, Scott Allan was good and Malonga and Boyle gave us better balance

Big_Franck
25-04-2015, 06:25 PM
Agree he had a good game. I don't think anyone had an outstanding game though. Not one player would have got less than 7/10 and I thought Craig, Malonga and Allan were the pick of the bunch. Good headsches for Stubbs to have now though, both in midfield and up front.

CB_NO3
25-04-2015, 06:38 PM
I honestly think we play better as a team when Craig plays. That does not mean I think he is better than Fyvie or McGeough. Craig can have a sweet left foot at times and I feel we are more direct with him in the team.

number9dream
25-04-2015, 06:42 PM
Glad to hear LC played well. Gives us a bit of balance having a lefty in midfield.
What about his goal? Was it a screamer, a cross, a free-kick, deflected shot?? I've seen all the above!

ScottM1875
25-04-2015, 06:46 PM
IMHO Craig is a good player with a very good left foot, but he's pretty one dimensional. He can't really take on a player or defend well, and he's also not that quick. He probably has more of a goal threat than mcgouech and Fyvie but he doesn't really provide as much as they do when it comes to creating.

AlbertK86
Had a very good game but Allan definitely MOM

at the heart of all the goals and created so many more chances with some absolutely fantastic brilliantly weighted defence splitting passes.

Liam did some ver good stuff and his goal clearly gave him confidence

The more we have playing at the top of their game the better

Ricky Bobby
Glad to hear LC played well. Gives us a bit of balance having a lefty in midfield.
What about his goal? Was it a screamer, a cross, a free-kick, deflected shot?? I've seen all the above!

It was an intended cross that flew in at the near post. Very unlucky with a shot off the inside of the post in the 2nd half

bingo70
25-04-2015, 06:58 PM
Wonder what the likelihood is of him getting a new deal?

Strong finish to the season and he'll have a chance.

Fergos
25-04-2015, 06:59 PM
I honestly think we play better as a team when Craig plays. That does not mean I think he is better than Fyvie or McGeough. Craig can have a sweet left foot at times and I feel we are more direct with him in the team.

Decent point. He closes down and presses more than others in the middle do also. Had a good game today, good to see as I think he really cares. He mentioned in sportsound last week that the biggest honour of his career was to captain Hibs.

Good win in the sun today

GGTTH

GreenLake
25-04-2015, 07:01 PM
He played well today in a team playing well. Not seen him play well when things are going against us.

theonlywayisup
25-04-2015, 07:03 PM
Agree he had a good game. I don't think anyone had an outstanding game though. Not one player would have got less than 7/10 and I thought Craig, Malonga and Allan were the pick of the bunch. Good headsches for Stubbs to have now though, both in midfield and up front.

:agree:

Thought the defence did well in an attacking manner, but don't know what happened with their goal. They seemed to leave it for each other and Peter Houston's comment from last week becomes reality again.

Craig - he did well, best I've seen from him for a long time, but I don't think he should stay here for another season. One swallow and all that.................

wookie70
25-04-2015, 07:04 PM
Thought he was a very decent today and was really unlucky not to score. Most of Hibs best performances this year have came with him playing so he would be in the team for me. Lots of good performances today and I don't think anyone played poorly with the exception of Jason but he bagged a goal so did his job. Boyle put in the biggest shift for me and I thought Malonga was very good. MOTM award was correct imo as Scott A was excellent

Pete
25-04-2015, 07:05 PM
Wonder what the likelihood is of him getting a new deal?

Strong finish to the season and he'll have a chance.

I hope so.

I'd free him of the captains role though. You don't have to have the armband to inspire others and he obviously has something about him as he's been chosen by a few managers.

theonlywayisup
25-04-2015, 07:06 PM
I hope so.

I'd free him of the captains role though. You don't have to have the armband to inspire others and he obviously has something about him as he's been chosen by a few managers.

I hope not..........

Pete
25-04-2015, 07:07 PM
I hope not..........

:rolleyes:

Fergus52
25-04-2015, 07:42 PM
Craig's a good player.

I always think our midfield looks more solid when he's in it, he doesn't do anything fancy but does all the simple things well.

Rarely loses the ball, has a great strike and his positioning is excellent; he always knows when to sit and when to attack.

HappyAsHellas
25-04-2015, 07:43 PM
It was an intended cross that flew in at the near post. Very unlucky with a shot off the inside of the post in the 2nd half

I may be wrong here, but normally a player looks across to where he's putting the ball. Liam Craig didn't look across the line for his goal but got the ball he asked for from Scott Allan. Still some observers are loath to give him any credit whatsoever which is a shame. He had a very good game today although I concede that two of his passes never found their intended target which had some folk in the east moaning although when one of SA's many passes fail, they never say a word. It's a team game, when he's in the team support him, it's alarmingly simple, but then again, so are some of the boo boys.

Fergus52
25-04-2015, 07:44 PM
To add to my previous post,

I feel he suffered last season as he had the burden of being our most creative midfielder which isn't really his game IMO.

This season with Allan and McGeouch around him he's done a lot better.

BoomtownHibees
25-04-2015, 07:45 PM
I may be wrong here, but normally a player looks across to where he's putting the ball. Liam Craig didn't look across the line for his goal but got the ball he asked for from Scott Allan. Still some observers are loath to give him any credit whatsoever which is a shame. He had a very good game today although I concede that two of his passes never found their intended target which had some folk in the east moaning although when one of SA's many passes fail, they never say a word. It's a team game, when he's in the team support him, it's alarmingly simple, but then again, so are some of the boo boys.

Do you think he meant it?

Billy Whizz
25-04-2015, 07:46 PM
Do you think he meant it?

The pace he hit it was more like a shot than a cross

Hiber-nation

He got a great reception from the East today.

marleyhib
Struggled last few seasons in a poor team - showed what he can do today when playing with talent like SA - really chuffed for him, hate it when players get singled out and scapegoated tho I understand why. I thought he was excellent today along with Malonga.

(Alloa are utter mince tho)

BoomtownHibees
25-04-2015, 07:47 PM
The pace he hit it was more like a shot than a cross

Can't see him shooting from there. Driven cross IMO

NorthNorfolkHFC
25-04-2015, 07:49 PM
Disagree.

He was ok but was never given a hard time by alloas midfield.

In faster games he gets left behind due to his lack of pace.

He does have a sweet left peg though.

"A friend of mine once said he liked his women like his parmesan: strong smelling and shaved"

theonlywayisup
25-04-2015, 07:51 PM
He played well today. Yes, but remember the quality of the team we were playing. The 22nd best team in Scotland at the moment.

Let's not forget the woefully inadequate performance last season against better teams. Let's not forget that it is common for players to up their game when their contract is coming to an end.

No! No! No! Not good enough for Hibs.

Ricky Bobby
25-04-2015, 08:03 PM

I have given him credit for a good 2nd half and said he was unlucky not to score when his shot came back off the post. I don't know where you sit but i was looking form straight behind behind him and he definately meant to cross it.

Pretty Boy
25-04-2015, 08:12 PM
Hard to choose between him, Allan, Malonga and Boyle for MOTM today imo. All were excellent in different ways.

Craig was especially good just after they got a goal back. Put his foot on the ball for a few minutes and dictated the tempo back to what we wanted. Worked his erse off, moved the ball well and scored. Exactly what we need from him.

lucky
25-04-2015, 08:30 PM
I like him as he's got a good football brain but Allen was MOTM by mile

HappyAsHellas
25-04-2015, 08:32 PM
I have given him credit for a good 2nd half and said he was unlucky not to score when his shot came back off the post. I don't know where you sit but i was looking form straight behind behind him and he definately meant to cross it.

Sect 43 row F seat 189 today which was pretty much in line with him and the side of the goal it went in. Opinions eh...my main grumble is anyone of our own fans booing our own players - it really annoys me, especially when it's one guy being singled out when he's playing well. This is a Rangers fan verdict on the effect on a players performance after their own fans booing McCulloch today:

For **** sake mate. Of course it will. And it'll affect everyone else too.

For 10 minutes after the booing you could see it having an effect.

If there's even the slightest possibility that it has a negative effect on Rangers, then we should be nowhere near it. That's apart from it being ****ish to single one guy out like that in such a conspicuous way. Unusual from us, though. Always have to find one player to take that extra bit of bullying above the rest. McCoist, Hateley, Amoruso. McCulloch is just the latest shame.

Some people have a cheek calling themselves supporters. Spoiled, expectant, self entitled ****s more like.

I concur with the above sentiment.

high bee
25-04-2015, 08:33 PM
He is a goal threat, think how many chances he actually creates and he scored today and was unlucky not to have 2.

Yes he is slow but a team needs balance and I think we are more balanced when he is in midfield.

We've been crying out for someone to take chances in the majority of games. Even in many of our wins we should have been much more comfortable. I genuinely believe it's no coincidence we stuck 4 past them today with him back in the line up.

Blaster
25-04-2015, 08:55 PM
I think Allan plays better with Craig in the team

Sometimes it's more about combinations than how good individual contributions are.

Craig provides a good balance

Billy Whizz
25-04-2015, 08:57 PM
I think Allan plays better with Craig in the team

Sometimes it's more about combinations than how good individual contributions are.

Craig provides a good balance

I said after Dumbarton away, Craig plays in the area just behind Allan, covers for him when he goes forward. Allows Allan to concentrate on attacking

Ricky Bobby
25-04-2015, 09:01 PM
Sect 43 row F seat 189 today which was pretty much in line with him and the side of the goal it went in. Opinions eh...my main grumble is anyone of our own fans booing our own players - it really annoys me, especially when it's one guy being singled out when he's playing well. This is a Rangers fan verdict on the effect on a players performance after their own fans booing McCulloch today:

For **** sake mate. Of course it will. And it'll affect everyone else too.

For 10 minutes after the booing you could see it having an effect.

If there's even the slightest possibility that it has a negative effect on Rangers, then we should be nowhere near it. That's apart from it being ****ish to single one guy out like that in such a conspicuous way. Unusual from us, though. Always have to find one player to take that extra bit of bullying above the rest. McCoist, Hateley, Amoruso. McCulloch is just the latest shame.

Some people have a cheek calling themselves supporters. Spoiled, expectant, self entitled ****s more like.

I concur with the above sentiment.

I agree with you on booing players, or booing the team at full time. That said i see no point in talking up players for the sake of it. Craig was decent today no more than that.
I know there is a player in there somewhere it's just frustrating that we don't see it more often. Like the 4 nowt game against the rangers

Blaster
25-04-2015, 09:04 PM
I said after Dumbarton away, Craig plays in the area just behind Allan, covers for him when he goes forward. Allows Allan to concentrate on attacking

Allows Allan to play his natural game. Spot on billy

hibee_girl
25-04-2015, 09:13 PM
You'll get stick for that but I agree. I can't say I thought he was anything special today although looking back he obviously scored one and very unlucky not to get a second so won't complain too much.

I don't know about him slowing the play down too much but I have noticed he's got a dreadful first touch, Maybe those two things go hand in hand.

Agree with this. He was better than usual but nowhere near MOM in my opinion.

NAE NOOKIE
26-04-2015, 11:08 AM
He had a very good game today, but Alloa were pretty poor and that allowed everybody to look decent, his shot that hit the inside of the post was a beauty, what a goal it would have been. That was Malonga's best game since he came back from the ACN, but I noticed once again that after setting up the 4th goal he once again acted like someone had stolen his lollypop.