PDA

View Full Version : Cardiff City season ticket prices

gorgie greens
25-04-2015, 04:57 PM
Hi I'm just back after watching Cardiff play Blackpool today and they were advertising season tickets for next season ,really good value m(apart from team)
Family season tickets £695 ,for 2 adults n 2 kids
By the way Eoin Doyle was nearly unplayable today,scored 2 pens but tore the defence a new one, very lively and looks a lot fitter

theonlywayisup
25-04-2015, 07:23 PM
Always liked Doyle. Funny how some were pleased to see him go as not good enough and we replaced him with James Collins.

DH1875
25-04-2015, 11:45 PM
Hi I'm just back after watching Cardiff play Blackpool today and they were advertising season tickets for next season ,really good value m(apart from team)
Family season tickets £695 ,for 2 adults n 2 kids
By the way Eoin Doyle was nearly unplayable today,scored 2 pens but tore the defence a new one, very lively and looks a lot fitter

Got to be honest, I know prices for ER are a tad high but I honestly dont think £695 to go watch Cardiff is a good price at all.

NadeAteMyLunch!
25-04-2015, 11:46 PM
Got to be honest, I know prices for ER are a tad high but I honestly dont think £695 to go watch Cardiff is a good price at all.

It's decent for 4 people though

iwasthere1972
25-04-2015, 11:47 PM

Neither do I especially if you add the travelling costs from Edinburgh to Cardiff every couple of weeks or so.

3pm
26-04-2015, 04:46 AM
Neither do I especially if you add the travelling costs from Edinburgh to Cardiff every couple of weeks or so.

Good one. We all know walking some of the way would keep the cost down.

TowerHibs
26-04-2015, 08:44 AM

did you read the post????

For 4 people its pretty good

DarlingtonHibee
26-04-2015, 08:46 AM
TV money allows them that luxury.

DH1875
26-04-2015, 09:14 AM
did you read the post????

For 4 people its pretty good

Yeah. Point one: its Cardiff. Point two: their awful. Point three: Their in the championship. Point four: you can see other teams for around the some price.

TowerHibs
26-04-2015, 09:23 AM
Yeah. Point one: its Cardiff. Point two: their awful. Point three: Their in the championship. Point four: you can see other teams for around the some price.

doesnt matter how good/bad they are. fact of the matter is Cardiff fans are the ones who buy season tickets. And for cardiff fan, the price of a Cardiff ST is good.

point 1 - its Hibs, point 2 - we hardly brilliant, point 3 - its the sottish championship, point 4 - there are other teams you can see for much cheaper. All irrelevant as its Hibs that Hibs fans pay to see

Nutmegged
26-04-2015, 09:24 AM

Point 1 - How many Championship clubs can you average out under 175 quid forna Season Ticket?

Point 2 - Your points 1-4 are extraordinarily disrespectful amd certainly not Hibs class

DH1875
26-04-2015, 11:27 AM
Point 1 - How many Championship clubs can you average out under 175 quid forna Season Ticket?

Point 2 - Your points 1-4 are extraordinarily disrespectful amd certainly not Hibs class

Can you buy a single ST for 175 quid though? Is it not part of a family package? If you can buy the single ticket then yeah, that is good value.
Don't mean to be disrespectful but stand by my other points in that I still don't think its great value for money. Still, I suppose Cadiff fans would see it different and would probably say the same about us.
That said, I really like Cardiff (the place that is). Cracking for a night out and weekend away.

Danderhall Hibs
26-04-2015, 01:10 PM

They're. :wink:

GordonHFC
26-04-2015, 01:43 PM
Yes the ST prices are great but you need to remember that Cardiff City will receive approximately £60M over the 4 years after they were relegated from the relegation parachute fund.

frazeHFC
26-04-2015, 01:44 PM
Good price for a family package. Always liked Doyle, good to see him playing at a higher level. Hopefully keeps improving.

davidw
26-04-2015, 04:04 PM

Point one: are they as awful as your grammar?

sbell1875
26-04-2015, 05:03 PM
Mate text me last night to say his renewal at Celtic Park cost him £538. Up £50 from last season.

He did say he could have sat elsewhere for a poorer view but it still would have cost £450.

Lago
26-04-2015, 05:08 PM
doesnt matter how good/bad they are. fact of the matter is Cardiff fans are the ones who buy season tickets. And for cardiff fan, the price of a Cardiff ST is good.

point 1 - its Hibs, point 2 - we hardly brilliant, point 3 - its the sottish championship, point 4 - there are other teams you can see for much cheaper. All irrelevant as its Hibs that Hibs fans pay to see
Remember it's I before e except after c.

PeeKay
26-04-2015, 05:24 PM

But to allow comparisons across clubs is it right to take the average per person? £695 for two adults and two children works out at £231 per adult. Still cheaper than us certainly.

Mr White
26-04-2015, 05:42 PM
The equivalent price for the ff lower for 2 adults and 2 kids is £720

GordonHFC
26-04-2015, 05:50 PM

Unless your name is Keith 😊

Killiehibbie
26-04-2015, 05:56 PM
Got to be honest, I know prices for ER are a tad high but I honestly dont think £695 to go watch Cardiff is a good price at all.They could pay me that per week and I might go.

ancient hibee
26-04-2015, 06:02 PM

"Not in every case"he said as he seized him and shook him warmly by the throat.

Mr White
26-04-2015, 06:03 PM

You're right there neighbour!

CropleyWasGod
26-04-2015, 06:09 PM
You're right there neighbour!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6RbPKqQpA0

DH1875
26-04-2015, 06:52 PM
Point one: are they as awful as your grammar?

Probably :agree:.

Jonnyboy
26-04-2015, 07:15 PM
I'm not all that surprised that Cardiff can offer deals like this. Plenty of money swilling about in the English leagues whereas we've got a moron in charge at the SPFL whose only involvement with sponsorship deals in the last two years is likely have been to pay some guy a tenner for running in a marathon

Carheenlea
26-04-2015, 07:26 PM
I'm not all that surprised that Cardiff can offer deals like this. Plenty of money swilling about in the English leagues whereas we've got a moron in charge at the SPFL whose only involvement with sponsorship deals in the last two years is likely have been to pay some guy a tenner for running in a marathon

There is an astronomical gulf in the amounts of money swilling about either side of the border, and for us, the percentage of our income that is made up of fans buying ST`s and matchday tickets will be considerably higher than that our English counterparts. We don`t have the luxury of offering such deals.

Keith_M
27-04-2015, 08:34 AM
This theme seems to appear every couple of months and the obvious answer is that if Hibs were getting hundreds of millions from Sky, they could probably afford to drastically lower ST prices as well.

However, they don't and can't.

HUTCHYHIBBY
27-04-2015, 09:03 AM

That's an "ancient" one. ;-)

therealgavmac
27-04-2015, 11:09 AM

But not protein and other words I can't think of right now :wink:

therealgavmac
27-04-2015, 11:10 AM
Unless your name is Keith 

Or you come from Leith.....

worcesterhibby
27-04-2015, 11:45 AM
for us, the percentage of our income that is made up of fans buying ST`s and matchday tickets will be considerably higher than that our English counterparts.

They're Welsh

Keith_M
27-04-2015, 12:12 PM

Hmmm...........

Unless your name is Keith 

That's not an English word. Word origin is Britonic, sometimes called 'Old Welsh'

But not protein and other words I can't think of right now :wink:

........and that's and adopted German word.

Or you come from Leith.....

...and that is anglicised from Gaelic.

So, ehm, what was the question again?

:greengrin

Baldy Foghorn
27-04-2015, 03:53 PM
Hull charging Liverpool £50, but charged Burnley £16.....That's a big jump for Category A game?

Scouse Hibee
27-04-2015, 05:45 PM
Hmmm...........

That's not an English word. Word origin is Britonic, sometimes called 'Old Welsh'

........and that's and adopted German word.

...and that is anglicised from Gaelic.

So, ehm, what was the question again?

:greengrin

Eh? Keith is my name, the origin is Scottish.