25-04-2015, 01:20 PM
Thats pretty decent if correct.. Still april and could end up promoted

Ozyhibby
25-04-2015, 01:57 PM
That's good news. If promoted I can see us getting to 8k

weonlywon6-2
25-04-2015, 03:50 PM
That's good news. If promoted I can see us getting to 8k

If we get promoted I could see that possibly doubling, feel good factor and team strengthening etc??

semaj64
25-04-2015, 05:20 PM
I think Leanne said at her BTG stint that it was slightly ahead of last seasons at this point

PatHead
25-04-2015, 05:43 PM
I think Leanne said at her BTG stint that it was slightly ahead of last seasons at this point

Up 10%

NAE NOOKIE
26-04-2015, 12:37 PM
That's not bad considering we aint guaranteed Premiership football, if we can go up we could hold out hopes of reaching 10,000 +. Here's hoping :aok:

Pretty Boy
26-04-2015, 12:38 PM
We had less than that a month and a bit further down the road last year.

Very encouraging start.

Kaff
26-04-2015, 02:49 PM
Circumstance has meant I've committed to 1 adult and 2 kids in the FF. We'll likely only get to about 5 games or thereabouts but at least the club have the money now and we're not out of pocket too much since the kids at 25 quid each really is a good deal

scoopyboy
26-04-2015, 03:00 PM
STs sold to date

Not doubting you for a moment but where did you get the figure from?

B.H.F.C
26-04-2015, 03:18 PM
Not doubting you for a moment but where did you get the figure from?

Dempster was speaking in Behind the Goals yesterday and confirmed that was the figure as of yesterday morning.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
26-04-2015, 03:22 PM
Dempster was speaking in Behind the Goals yesterday and confirmed that was the figure as of yesterday morning.

That's pretty decent all things considered :agree: IF we get promoted that figure could double, IMO.

Very encouraging 👍🏼.

scoopyboy
26-04-2015, 03:39 PM

Thanks, so far so good.

Jack
26-04-2015, 04:27 PM
I bought my first ST in a few years.

It seemed so easy, too easy :-)

Never got an email from Leeann or a tweeter from a player though, not even a poke on pusspage, I'm ragin :-(

emerald green
26-04-2015, 05:44 PM
Would anyone happen to know what the record number of season tickets Hibs have ever sold, and what season that was?

I seem to recall there were 10,500+ sold in one season, possibly at one point during Mowbray's time at the club?

iwasthere1972
26-04-2015, 05:53 PM
STs sold to date

It's only a few hundred or so less than we had sold last season by July.

truehibernian
26-04-2015, 06:30 PM
On a NHC matter, how poor are Dundee United and their crowds - talk about fans who have literally turned their back.

Today there was just over 8,000 for a game v Celtic. Four months ago there was over 12,000 (where they won, with GMS, Armstrong, etc). For me they are the next 'club in crisis' along with M'well.

I keep harking on about it but I am utterly convinced that league reconstruction is high on the agenda - interesting to see what happens if Rod Petrie gets more power in the SFA and with Lawell there too - has to happen for me and will happen in next 2 seasons :agree:

Ozyhibby
26-04-2015, 07:36 PM
On a NHC matter, how poor are Dundee United and their crowds - talk about fans who have literally turned their back.

Today there was just over 8,000 for a game v Celtic. Four months ago there was over 12,000 (where they won, with GMS, Armstrong, etc). For me they are the next 'club in crisis' along with M'well.

I keep harking on about it but I am utterly convinced that league reconstruction is high on the agenda - interesting to see what happens if Rod Petrie gets more power in the SFA and with Lawell there too - has to happen for me and will happen in next 2 seasons :agree:

Hibs have been one of the barriers to an expanded league. Self interest rules. Value the two derbies and 4 old firm games at £28 a pop too much.

truehibernian
26-04-2015, 08:19 PM
Hibs have been one of the barriers to an expanded league. Self interest rules. Value the two derbies and 4 old firm games at £28 a pop too much.

True, but there has been far too many people recently commenting on it Ozy - if you look down the leagues, and look at who will be relegated, there is a huge call for it for a variety of reasons.

A game involving Dunfermline (who have had a huge fall from grace) and Raith in the Petrofac Cup saw over 4,000 attending - only 3,000 went to see a crucial match between Hamilton and 'Well - yesterday there were around 4,000 that watched 2nd v 3rd in the top flight (ICT v Dons). St Mirren are up for sale and could go out of business, as could 'Well - Hibs wouldn't be in a good state financiallly but have a 'security blanket' of STF........The Rangers might not go up.......but they would easily get 20,000 or more through the gates each week.

I'm a huge advocate of league change but not because it may be the cushy way of having my team 'promoted' - I think the SPL should have been expanded years ago to a league of 18 or 20 given the size of our nation and the geography of it. I'm also a fan of having the reserve league return. For me the quality of football shown by Queens, Falkirk and Raith has been no different to the bottom 6 in the top flight - they'd be a great addition to a top league of 16-20 teams - whilst I am also a believer in sporting integrity I'm afraid that since the formation of the Old Firm there has been no such thing. It's a huge misnomer.

Each club could of course argue a good case - but I'd like a league where there is a Glasgow derby, Edinburgh derby, Dundee derby, Highland derby, Fife derby, Dumfries derby, Killie v Ayr..............Holland has an 18 team top division, Belgium a 16 team league, France a 20 team structure.........Scotland has one of the smallest top flight leagues in Europe. I'd also argue a case for the Scottish League Cup being a cup open to the lower divisions and SPL having to enter reserve sides under restrictions - with the winner gaining a Euro slot (as a huge incentive) - leaving the Scottish Cup open to everyone - with winners gaining a Euro slot too unless they have qualified through the league already.

We need to do something to start to invigorate and refresh Scottish football and get crowds back watching the game. I keep saying to younger fans, embrace that derby winning feeling (either sides fans) and imagine it not being there each season - that is criminal.

Another idea I had was a 'transfer/player fund' for those that cannot afford a season ticket or indeed can only make a certain amount of games - again, only a wee idea, may not work, may be unworkable - but an idea nonetheless.

Real Emerald
26-04-2015, 08:29 PM
True, but there has been far too many people recently commenting on it Ozy - if you look down the leagues, and look at who will be relegated, there is a huge call for it for a variety of reasons.

A game involving Dunfermline (who have had a huge fall from grace) and Raith in the Petrofac Cup saw over 4,000 attending - only 3,000 went to see a crucial match between Hamilton and 'Well - yesterday there were around 4,000 that watched 2nd v 3rd in the top flight (ICT v Dons). St Mirren are up for sale and could go out of business, as could 'Well - Hibs wouldn't be in a good state financiallly but have a 'security blanket' of STF........The Rangers might not go up.......but they would easily get 20,000 or more through the gates each week.

I'm a huge advocate of league change but not because it may be the cushy way of having my team 'promoted' - I think the SPL should have been expanded years ago to a league of 18 or 20 given the size of our nation and the geography of it. I'm also a fan of having the reserve league return. For me the quality of football shown by Queens, Falkirk and Raith has been no different to the bottom 6 in the top flight - they'd be a great addition to a top league of 16-20 teams - whilst I am also a believer in sporting integrity I'm afraid that since the formation of the Old Firm there has been no such thing. It's a huge misnomer.

Each club could of course argue a good case - but I'd like a league where there is a Glasgow derby, Edinburgh derby, Dundee derby, Highland derby, Fife derby, Dumfries derby, Killie v Ayr..............Holland has an 18 team top division, Belgium a 16 team league, France a 20 team structure.........Scotland has one of the smallest top flight leagues in Europe. I'd also argue a case for the Scottish League Cup being a cup open to the lower divisions and SPL having to enter reserve sides under restrictions - with the winner gaining a Euro slot (as a huge incentive) - leaving the Scottish Cup open to everyone - with winners gaining a Euro slot too unless they have qualified through the league already.

We need to do something to start to invigorate and refresh Scottish football and get crowds back watching the game. I keep saying to younger fans, embrace that derby winning feeling (either sides fans) and imagine it not being there each season - that is criminal.

Another idea I had was a 'transfer/player fund' for those that cannot afford a season ticket or indeed can only make a certain amount of games - again, only a wee idea, may not work, may be unworkable - but an idea nonetheless.

Agree with all of that. :agree:

Wakeyhibee
26-04-2015, 09:40 PM

Unfortunately the SPFL only looks at the marketing value and what TV companies want. I totally agree with you we need an expanded league. The top division has totally screwed up any strength in depth and it has taken this long to put in place some form of parachute payments. Dundee, Partick, Dunfy and many other middle ranking clubs have spent far too long in the lower reaches over the last 40 years. Scotland is far to small to keep any of it's bigger clubs outside the top flight purely because of a siege mentality towards TV income, if it's through performance in an expanded league then fine. The original changes were made in response to a 15 year decline in supporters after the post war boom of about the same length. Way outdated now, too much familiarity and far too much desperate survivalist style football over the years for many teams.

truehibernian
26-04-2015, 09:50 PM
Unfortunately the SPFL only looks at the marketing value and what TV companies want. I totally agree with you we need an expanded league. The top division has totally screwed up any strength in depth and it has taken this long to put in place some form of parachute payments. Dundee, Partick, Dunfy and many other middle ranking clubs have spent far too long in the lower reaches over the last 40 years. Scotland is far to small to keep any of it's bigger clubs outside the top flight purely because of a siege mentality towards TV income, if it's through performance in an expanded league then fine. The original changes were made in response to a 15 year decline in supporters after the post war boom of about the same length. Way outdated now, too much familiarity and far too much desperate survivalist style football over the years for many teams.

Sack/Vote of No Confidence in Regan and Doncaster, get in someone like Barry Hearn (who basically told us what we were doing wrong for free)...........easy peezy lemon squeezy........Scottish football 'authority' is like a scene from Stoneybridge Town Council (a la Absolutely).

I'd also include Petrie in 'vote of no confidence' - he has ruined Hibs these last 5 years. Leanne deserves a medal the way she had turned us around in such a short space of time.

dp00
26-04-2015, 10:29 PM
How good is it that hibs share this info these days ? Before we all just had to guess

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jacomo
27-04-2015, 11:52 AM
Sack/Vote of No Confidence in Regan and Doncaster, get in someone like Barry Hearn (who basically told us what we were doing wrong for free)...........easy peezy lemon squeezy........Scottish football 'authority' is like a scene from Stoneybridge Town Council (a la Absolutely).

I'd also include Petrie in 'vote of no confidence' - he has ruined Hibs these last 5 years. Leanne deserves a medal the way she had turned us around in such a short space of time.

The current 'leadership' in Scottish football are woeful - 4 games a season against same team and small leagues helping to kill attendance, alongside ludicrous scheduling dictated by TV, and empty stands are killing the atmosphere and spectacle, devaluing the TV offer. Yet all we are offered is more of the same.

TheReg!
27-04-2015, 12:12 PM
The main argument from me would be if the league did go to 16+ teams then the bigger clubs could bring more home grown players through the system as the chances of relagation would be smaller, the SPL as it stands is too restrictive for teams to blood in new youth academy players.

patlowe
27-04-2015, 12:30 PM
Quick question for any stattos out there - would Aberdeen be on course to win the Premiership right now if clubs only played each other twice a season, given that they've got a better record than Celtic against everyone else? If so, that for me shows that an expanded league could potentially do wonders for competition in this country, not to mention how much more significant and exciting derbies would be if we only played them twice.

Keith_M
27-04-2015, 02:13 PM
The SPL held a survey of Fans asking what size of top league they would prefer. The overwhelming number of votes were for either 16 or 18 teams.

Doncaster completely twisted the actual figures and argued that the mood of the Fans was for change, therefore we should go with a league of 10.

That's the kind of leadership we have in Scottish Football.

NAE NOOKIE
27-04-2015, 05:56 PM
The SPL held a survey of Fans asking what size of top league they would prefer. The overwhelming number of votes were for either 16 or 18 teams.

Doncaster completely twisted the actual figures and argued that the mood of the Fans was for change, therefore we should go with a league of 10.

That's the kind of leadership we have in Scottish Football.

I heard that too ............... how much proof is required that the man is an idiot, going back to 10 would be an utter disaster.

Michael
27-04-2015, 06:14 PM
A larger league would be great. But given that in Scotland everyone has to play each other at least 4 times a season it's unlikely.

Ozyhibby
27-04-2015, 06:16 PM
I don't know any footy fans of any team who don"t think a 16-18 team league would be better than what we have.
In the past its been Hibs, Hearts and Aberdeen who have been the driving force behind the status quo. Now that we are in the process of taking ownership of our club, it's time it started voting in a way that reflects our wishes.
I would prefer to be promoted first though. Don't want it to look like self interest.

ancient hibee
27-04-2015, 07:07 PM
When you've seen many years of bigger leagues when over half the teams have nothing to play for after Christmas you might wonder if everyone does agree.

Lucius Apuleius
27-04-2015, 07:13 PM
When you've seen many years of bigger leagues when over half the teams have nothing to play for after Christmas you might wonder if everyone does agree.

Is that not the same as every other league in the world then? None of the middle teams will have anything apart from position to pay for.

CockneyRebel
27-04-2015, 07:14 PM

Could you expand on that a bit?

CropleyWasGod
27-04-2015, 07:24 PM

When we got rid of the 18 team league, it took away the opportunity for those mid-table teams to develop young players. We had the ridiculous situation of 20% of the league being relegated, which effectively (once you took out the Old Firm) meant 8 teams were playing to avoid relegation. The result was that teams couldn't blood these new players and, arguably, our ability to develop them suffered.

Whilst we've moved on from that, we still have the situation where any 10 or 11 teams start the season looking over their shoulder.

It might be argued that the inability of clubs to develop younger players (albeit in meaningless league games) has hampered our international development... although of course there are many other factors at play.

truehibernian
27-04-2015, 07:35 PM
[/B]

Could you expand on that a bit?

I was/am just thinking aloud mate - judging by message boards, forums, overseas fans, there are hundreds if not perhaps thousands who cannot get to see Hibs in the flesh and rely on Hibs TV - as a 'connect' for them I thought they (and indeed any fan who wants to contribute) would perhaps want to put money towards a transfer kitty - of course there would have to be an incentive - similar to the 'buy a brick' scheme I thought about an idea making use of IT and social media - have a 'wall' of those that invest in the fund on the club website- you can select a square and up pops 'Joe/Jane Smith, Hibs fan' with a little anecdote about what the club means to him/her (absence makes the heart grow fonder and all that :greengrin). Perhaps tap into our 'famous fans' :aok: I'm not for one minute saying overseas or stay away fans don't do enough - there are a host of reasons why people cannot commit to a season book or even a walk up. But I am sure that there are fans that would maybe want to commit a few bob if it literally went on that season's playing staff/recruitment of players.

Couple of hundred grand could go a long way to getting in a couple of players - who knows.

Just an idea - most likely lilian gish but only a wee thought I had a couple of seasons ago. I'd be intrigued to know how many fans we have abroad or 'far from Edinburgh'.

FranckSuzy
27-04-2015, 07:59 PM
I was/am just thinking aloud mate - judging by message boards, forums, overseas fans, there are hundreds if not perhaps thousands who cannot get to see Hibs in the flesh and rely on Hibs TV - as a 'connect' for them I thought they (and indeed any fan who wants to contribute) would perhaps want to put money towards a transfer kitty - of course there would have to be an incentive - similar to the 'buy a brick' scheme I thought about an idea making use of IT and social media - have a 'wall' of those that invest in the fund on the club website- you can select a square and up pops 'Joe/Jane Smith, Hibs fan' with a little anecdote about what the club means to him/her (absence makes the heart grow fonder and all that :greengrin). Perhaps tap into our 'famous fans' :aok: I'm not for one minute saying overseas or stay away fans don't do enough - there are a host of reasons why people cannot commit to a season book or even a walk up. But I am sure that there are fans that would maybe want to commit a few bob if it literally went on that season's playing staff/recruitment of players.

Couple of hundred grand could go a long way to getting in a couple of players - who knows.

Just an idea - most likely lilian gish but only a wee thought I had a couple of seasons ago. I'd be intrigued to know how many fans we have abroad or 'far from Edinburgh'.

That's a great idea :aok:

At last week's WT meeting, I brought up overseas fans specifically re loyalty points as, IMHO, people who can't make it to ER but purchase Hibs TV, order merchandise from the shop etc, are just as loyal as someone who can purchase a ticket online for a semi-final which they have no intention of going to, just to get loyalty points (which I have no problem with, BTW).

I started up Leith Links to help people, who couldn't afford the £150 required, donate to the fantastic Kicks for Kids initiative the club run. I specifically went out to the overseas fans as my brother lives in Oz and I know how passionate they are about our club. The support for the idea was amazing and donations have been received from Australia, New Zealand, Qatar, Norway, The Netherlands - to name just a few places :thumbsup:

The beauty of KfK/LL is that not only do you contribute to the funds available to the Manager, you help children attend games who wouldn't normally be able to :agree:

GGTTH