PDA

View Full Version : To celebrate or not to celebrate.

Jim44
25-04-2015, 08:42 AM
It's ironic that, while debating the issue of Malonga's non-celebration, we now have the issue of Cummings missing out on an important part of our play-off campaign as one more booking will give him a one match suspension which will kick in a fortnight down the line. Stubbs is concerned over the implications of this and blames the 'flawed system' in Scotland. He also mentions the unnecessary bookings earned by Cummings earlier in the season for over-celebrating and kicking the ball away. This over-celebrating issue was discussed here a while ago and those of us who were in the 'cool it down a bit camp' we're outnumbered by those who thought 'wild' celebrations were neither here nor there. Looks like it's come back to bite us on the bum at a crucial part of the season.

Nameless
25-04-2015, 08:48 AM
I like the natural expression of joy at scoring, the likes of which Jason seems to find it hard to keep a lid on. I also think what Dom did (or didn't do) was just as expressive. What I HATE, are pre planned celebrations, or gimmick celebrations like the robot or Bales love heart.

LancashireHibby
25-04-2015, 09:02 AM
It's not a gimmick for Bale, he's earning a lot of money from it :wink:

HibsNutter
25-04-2015, 11:40 AM
I like the natural expression of joy at scoring, the likes of which Jason seems to find it hard to keep a lid on. I also think what Dom did (or didn't do) was just as expressive. What I HATE, are pre planned celebrations, or gimmick celebrations like the robot or Bales love heart.

totally agree, and the one Ronaldo constantly done earlier in the season made me wanna vomit.

Keith_M
25-04-2015, 11:41 AM
Any celebration that requires choreography or kissing should be banned.

I'd start handing out Red Cards.

Deansy
25-04-2015, 12:01 PM
It's ironic that, while debating the issue of Malonga's non-celebration, we now have the issue of Cummings missing out on an important part of our play-off campaign as one more booking will give him a one match suspension which will kick in a fortnight down the line. Stubbs is concerned over the implications of this and blames the 'flawed system' in Scotland. He also mentions the unnecessary bookings earned by Cummings earlier in the season for over-celebrating and kicking the ball away. This over-celebrating issue was discussed here a while ago and those of us who were in the 'cool it down a bit camp' we're outnumbered by those who thought 'wild' celebrations were neither here nor there. Looks like it's come back to bite us on the bum at a crucial part of the season.

You could bet your house on Cummings being booked today as the referee will no doubt obey the GFA's instructions - 'The Cause' is the be-all and end-all, Sevco MUST get into the SPL !!

Viva_Palmeiras
25-04-2015, 12:17 PM
Do suspension points apply during the playoffs?

muzzando
25-04-2015, 12:37 PM
Going by what a few people have mentioned on here, yes they seem to still count.

With the two week delay before bans kick in though, am I right in thinking that a potential suspension picked up in the play off semi wouldn't count for the final if we made it?

Jim44
25-04-2015, 12:46 PM
Do suspension points apply during the playoffs?

Going by what a few people have mentioned on here, yes they seem to still count.

With the two week delay before bans kick in though, am I right in thinking that a potential suspension picked up in the play off semi wouldn't count for the final if we made it?

Stubbs (McCall agrees with him) called the Scottish system flawed as he feels that it should be the same as England where there is an amnesty going in to the playoffs and suspensions are not carried beyond the end of the regular league season.

Unseen work
25-04-2015, 12:49 PM
Hopefully the players who are one booking away from a suspension get the booking today so they are back in time for the play offs

Jim44
25-04-2015, 01:07 PM
Hopefully the players who are one booking away from a suspension get the booking today so they are back in time for the play offs

As I said in the OP, It states that a booking for Cummings today would 'kick in a fortnight down the line'. That is what Stubbs is worried about.

Big_Franck
25-04-2015, 01:14 PM
The SPFL do like to make up the rules as they go along so they could come out and say that all yellow cards would be wiped out for the play-offs.

high bee
25-04-2015, 01:24 PM
The SPFL do like to make up the rules as they go along so they could come out and say that all yellow cards would be wiped out for the play-offs.

The SPFL have said they are waiting until it affects The Rangers before considering action.

Lucius Apuleius
25-04-2015, 03:53 PM
You could bet your house on Cummings being booked today as the referee will no doubt obey the GFA's instructions - 'The Cause' is the be-all and end-all, Sevco MUST get into the SPL !!
Thank God we never took your advice eh? Would be homeless tonight. 😄