PDA

View Full Version : the Unoffocial Match Day Thread for Breakie ,Travel Weather Fashion and Trivia

bingo70
25-04-2015, 05:39 AM
Can see malonga coming back into the starting 11 today.

I'd also like to see us reverting back to 442, possibly resting hanlon who's not looked himself the last couple of weeks. I don't think this will be the team but I'd go with

Oxley
Dunsmore
Stevenson
Forster
Fontaine
Fyvie
Robertson
Allan
Mcgeoch
Malonga
Cummings (I'd actually be tempted to rest Cummings too)

Matty_Jack04
25-04-2015, 06:28 AM
We need to keep the pressure on the Rangers so I can't see anyone being rested at this stage but I'd prefer us to change to a 442 instead of having some like mcgeoch playing RWB id go for Forster at RB today and stick with farid and JC up front as there's a good chance of farid dropping to the bench next week with the Astro at Falkirk.
Big game today 3 points a must and hopefully a good confident performance to go with it

hibsbollah
25-04-2015, 06:57 AM
Why would we move to 442? Keep with whats been working imo. 352 with maybe Stanton or Craig coming in?
Malonga is well worth a start, Farid still not long back from long term injury.

Ronniekirk
25-04-2015, 06:59 AM
Can see malonga coming back into the starting 11 today.

I'd also like to see us reverting back to 442, possibly resting hanlon who's not looked himself the last couple of weeks. I don't think this will be the team but I'd go with

Oxley
Dunsmore
Stevenson
Forster
Fontaine
Fyvie
Robertson
Allan
Mcgeoch
Malonga
Cummings (I'd actually be tempted to rest Cummings too)

Are you trying to loose the game :confused:. Agree would like to see Malonga given longer run out now he has scored as we need him as an option in the play offs and his clever link up play up front can unlock a defence if he is on form Stubbs has said he would like to rest players but getting the three points is priority so can't see him brining in Dunsmore from the start of a game given he hasn't featured .
It's a balance he has to find though as agree some players won't be fresh for playoffs if constantly played but all teams in that situation will be the same
Jason is one booking away from a suspension so if he scores early he may be tempted to take him off
But could see him picking up a booking for over celebrating in playoffs . That would be one of the first rules Petrie can abolish when he gets Ogilvie s ( spelt it right this time Suzy ) job .

Matty_Jack04
25-04-2015, 07:05 AM
Why would we move to 442? Keep with whats been working imo. 352 with maybe Stanton or Craig coming in?
Malonga is well worth a start, Farid still not long back from long term injury.

if we stick to 352 does Allan not get back in the team? Who do u drop from midfield to allow him back in? I'd rather we changed to suit the players we have rather than juggle people to fit the formation, I agree it's worked well and I would have no problems going for it again but I'd want Allan starting and for that to happen the obvious choice is for Boyle meaning someone's playing out of position on the right

bingo70
25-04-2015, 07:07 AM
Are you trying to loose the game :confused:. Agree would like to see Malonga given longer run out now he has scored as we need him as an option in the play offs and his clever link up play up front can unlock a defence if he is on form Stubbs has said he would like to rest players but getting the three points is priority so can't see him brining in Dunsmore from the start of a game given he hasn't featured .
It's a balance he has to find though as agree some players won't be fresh for playoffs if constantly played but all teams in that situation will be the same
Jason is one booking away from a suspension so if he scores early he may be tempted to take him off
But could see him picking up a booking for over celebrating in playoffs . That would be one of the first rules Petrie can abolish when he gets Ogilvie s ( spelt it right this time Suzy ) job .

You've asked if I'm trying to lose the game but the only decision you've disagreed with is playing dunsmore. How bad do you think this lad is? Fwiw I've never seen him play.

My logic for starting him though isn't a sentimental one. Imo we don't need 3 centre halfs. We could put forster to right back but with the diamond midfield we rely on full backs for width, playing a centre half there wouldn't provide that. We could play Boyle there, imo he's not impressed there either though.

From reports I've read dunsmore has impressed this year and is good at getting forward so why not give him a go? This phrase could come back to bite me but it's only alloa! They aren't likely to be too attacking so it's a good opportunity to introduce him.

Ronniekirk
25-04-2015, 07:14 AM
now that Matty has locked down the Official Match Day a Thread thought I would start up this one .Only start these if going to the game so looking forward to this one .A must win game and looking for a decent crowd 9 000 would be that given cup exit I think .
Eggs Benedict at a wee Italian restraint after a morning walk My thighs are still killing me from doing the Ciobbler .Weather fair in Paisley but for game might be some light rain ?
Too early to pick outfit but Ralph Lauren tee shirt my daughter bought me may be my lucky item today .
Moan the Hibs lets keep the pressure on

Ronniekirk
25-04-2015, 07:20 AM
now that Matty has locked down the Official Match Day a Thread thought I would start up this one .Only start these if going to the game so looking forward to this one .A must win game and looking for a decent crowd 9 000 would be that given cup exit I think .
Eggs Benedict at a wee Italian restraint after a morning walk My thighs are still killing me from doing the Ciobbler .Weather fair in Paisley but for game might be some light rain ?
Too early to pick outfit but Ralph Lauren tee shirt my daughter bought me may be my lucky item today .
Moan the Hibs lets keep the pressure on

In editing post I somehow deleted this :flag::gwa::flag:

Pretty Boy
25-04-2015, 07:22 AM
Thinking about doing pancakes for breakfast. Depends if I can be ersed trekking up to the shop for flour.

If not the pub just up the road does a breakfast burrito and a Bloody Mary for £8.50, could be a plan.

Currently got the cat sitting on my chest yowling away about something, think he's saying 'dress for the weather, 3 points a must' but I could be wrong.

Keith_M
25-04-2015, 07:51 AM
For all those swithering over whether or not to go today.....

...today's match sees the introduction of the new Hibs Cheerleader Squad, pictured below

....allegedly :wink:

sleeping giant
25-04-2015, 08:37 AM
In Fort William for the weekend with the wife.
Feeling slightly rough (just slightly) after half a bottle of Glayva last night.
Radio for me :-)

Billy Whizz
25-04-2015, 08:40 AM
Sun expected to come out around 1pm, better get the sun cream on😄

Pretty Boy
25-04-2015, 08:42 AM
Ditched the 2 breakfast ideas and went with French toast. Lovely stuff.

Thinking a pint at about 1ish, wee trip to the bookies then ER for about 2.40.

Classic Saturday.

Hermit Crab
25-04-2015, 08:46 AM
Pawn stars on the tv the now. Cup of tea then a shower then saunter to the hibs club and get a few beers.

LancashireHibby
25-04-2015, 09:01 AM
Just got on the bus to Wigan ready to catch the 10:43. Can't remember having such a late departure to ER but there was of course the unmistakable sound of glass bottles clinking when I sat down.

Left the Gazelles at home given the forecast rain so going with a pair of Beckenbaur's and a lightweight Original Penquin rain jacket.

Hibeewilly
25-04-2015, 09:22 AM
It Mathers for beers at 11.30 then an Italian lunch followed by more beers at the Hibs Club then the game then more beers at the Hibs Club then bus home about 11.30pm. Dress - casual breeks and waterproof coat with hood and perhaps incontinence pants!!

HH81
25-04-2015, 09:23 AM
Work till 3. Nightmare. Enjoy everyone.

Brightside
25-04-2015, 09:40 AM
Unless he is injured there is no way he'll drop Hanlon. He's been a stand out this season and if we start dropping players coz they mis time one interception we may as well just drop everyone. You're also not going to put Dunsmore in unless we have an injury problem.

I'd expect 352

Ox

Forster Hanlon Fonts

Robertson

Dylan Allan Fyvie Stevenson

Farid Cummings.

Malonga, Dj, Boyle all coming on in the 2nd half to replace Dylan, Farid, Cummings.

3-0 Hibs.

Hibernian Verse
25-04-2015, 09:54 AM
Currently sitting in the office in Aberdeen doing the Sat morning shift. All set to head straight to Easter Road at 12!

:gwa:

Ricky Bobby
25-04-2015, 10:44 AM
Finish cutting the grass, a couple of bacon rolls, leave for game at 1.30, quick pint and a bet, watch us hammer Alloa, go for a chinese. Sorted

Albanian Hibs
25-04-2015, 10:51 AM
Watching the kids knock 10 bells out of each other over whos turn it is to ride in their Little Tikes Cosy Coupe. Will be having the usual Saturday lunch of Greggs sausage rolls (frozen ones from Iceland). Dropping them off at Granny's then off to the game via BTG possibly for a shandy.

LancashireHibby
25-04-2015, 10:52 AM
This Foster's Gold stuff is seriously easy drinking. Would never have bought it ordinarily but won a box of it the other week. Very real risk I'm going to run out by Carlisle.

Brooster
25-04-2015, 10:58 AM
Got a feeling Malonga and Djedje will start up front today.

Keith_M
25-04-2015, 11:09 AM

Stubbs is in today's Papers saying he's a bit concerned Cummings might be suspended for the Play-Offs if he gets one more booking, so you could be right.

SteveHFC
25-04-2015, 11:27 AM
Nice day here in Midlothian. :hyper

iwasthere1972
25-04-2015, 11:32 AM
Watching the kids knock 10 bells out of each other over whos turn it is to ride in their Little Tikes Cosy Coupe. Will be having the usual Saturday lunch of Greggs sausage rolls (frozen ones from Iceland). Dropping them off at Granny's then off to the game via BTG possibly for a shandy.

Are you dropping off the kids or the sausage rolls at Granny's?

Billy Whizz
25-04-2015, 11:32 AM
Stubbs is in today's Papers saying he's a bit concerned Cummings might be suspended for the Play-Offs if he gets one more booking, so you could be right.

Well he could have upto 8 games to navigate, including today's game

Billy Whizz
25-04-2015, 11:36 AM

Inside info Brooster, or speculation? These 2 played up front at Alloa away, and both were hooked early on.
Wouldn't mind seeing Djedje playing wide right though

Pretty Boy
25-04-2015, 11:39 AM

Not sure how I'd feel about that.

They have never really seemed to click when I've seen them play together, admittedly I think that's only 3 or 4 times. Keen to see Malonga back in from the start and I always feel Djedje looks a bit more lively coming off the bench.

KdyHby
25-04-2015, 12:50 PM
Sitting in the sun at Renroc 5 mins from the ground enjoying eggs benedict, salmon, black pudding and a latte. Long gone are my days of a few pints pre match.

LancashireHibby
25-04-2015, 12:57 PM
First one to find me in the Mash Tun wins a pint.

Brightside
25-04-2015, 01:09 PM
ox, forster, hanlon, fonts, stevenson, robertson, craig (C), allan, boyle, malonga, cummings.

muzzando
25-04-2015, 01:10 PM
Cerny, Stanton, El Alagui, Handling, Djedje, Dunsmore and Martin on the bench

Lee Marvin
25-04-2015, 01:11 PM
ox, forster, hanlon, fonts, stevenson, robertson, craig (C), allan, boyle, malonga, cummings.

Exactly the team I expected. Glad farid has been given a rest, and malonga is given a chance to stake a claim again

3pm
25-04-2015, 01:15 PM
Anyone unlocking the match thread?!

Fergus52
25-04-2015, 01:21 PM
Where's fyvie?

Not even on the bench?

oconnors_strip
25-04-2015, 01:22 PM
Where's fyvie?

Not even on the bench?

Injured

spudhib
25-04-2015, 01:23 PM
Where's fyvie?

Not even on the bench?

Or Dylan.

Billy Whizz
25-04-2015, 01:24 PM
Where's fyvie?

Not even on the bench?

No Dylan either

muzzando
25-04-2015, 01:27 PM
McGeouch and Fyvie both injured

NOLA
25-04-2015, 01:38 PM
Where's Keith watson

HibbyKeith
25-04-2015, 01:39 PM
Not a bad team. Craid will sit most of the game so would expect alot of switching between Allan and Robertson. I've been critical of Craig in the past but IMO hes got alot to offer hibs in their current formation.

GG

HibbyKeith
25-04-2015, 01:41 PM
Where's Keith watson

Injured, a few days behind Gray in recovery, Gray is set to resume full training next week according to AS on his HTV interview.