PDA

View Full Version : Bucket collection tomorrow for the Sick Kids Friends Foundation

squire
24-04-2015, 08:32 PM
Firstly, I would like to thank Hibs for allowing us to do a bucket collection around Easter Road before tomorrow's match.

A team from the Craig Gowans Memorial Fund will be collecting donations on behalf of the Sick Kids Friend Foundation. This is part of our wider fundraising before we embark on the longest ever football match in July to break a Guinness World Record in Craig's name.

For those who do not know Craig Gowans, he was a very promising footballer from Edinburgh who signed a professional contract with Falkirk in the summer of 2005. He was tragically killed in a training ground accident only two weeks later. Since his untimely death, the Gowans family and friends have raised a tremendous amount of money for charity. This year proves to be our biggest and best event yet as we aim to raise £37,000 by July to fund a state of the art multi-sensory room at the new Sick Kids Hospital at Little France.

For those interested in more information about our challenge please visit our website at http://www.tcggwrm.org/

Tomorrow, a group of us will be around the stadium in our red tshirts so please come say hello and donate what you can. We will also be guests of Falkirk next week and will be presented on the pitch at half time.

Thanks everyone.

Hibernia&Alba
24-04-2015, 08:56 PM
Well done, mate, that's great work. I'm sure you'll collect a good amount.

nickwhibs
25-04-2015, 07:41 AM
I'll also be involved with this today. A great cause.

squire
25-04-2015, 09:04 AM
Well done, mate, that's great work. I'm sure you'll collect a good amount.

Thank you!

nickwhibs
25-04-2015, 03:03 PM
A big thank you to all you kind Hibees who donated today! Was really nice to hear stories from fans of their personal experiences of the great work that the sick kids do. Cheers folks and GGTTH

squire
26-04-2015, 06:09 PM
A big thank you to all you kind Hibees who donated today! Was really nice to hear stories from fans of their personal experiences of the great work that the sick kids do. Cheers folks and GGTTH

I would like to echo this. A massive thank you to all who came to say hello to us or donated. Well done everyone!