PDA

View Full Version : Motherwell

RCNG
24-04-2015, 08:05 PM
Green tinted specs on here but Well look awful! Their keeper looks like he doesn't actually know how to dive.

Would fancy our chances against them over 2 legs. Stubbs at New Douglas Park watching them tonight.

Billy Whizz
24-04-2015, 08:10 PM
Hit poor form at the wrong time, they really need 3 points tonight

seanshow
24-04-2015, 08:16 PM
Green tinted specs on here but Well look awful! Their keeper looks like he doesn't actually know how to dive.

Would fancy our chances against them over 2 legs. Stubbs at New Douglas Park watching them tonight.

Yip they look doomed like St Midden, after tonight 6 points behind and played a game more.

They've hit the woodwork 3 times tonight and still 2 nil down, we've all been there :greengrin

iwasthere1972
24-04-2015, 08:20 PM
Yip they look doomed like St Midden, after tonight 6 points behind and played a game more.

The hit the woodwork 3 times and still 2 nil down, we've all been there :greengrin

Plus their goal difference is 9 worse than Ross County.

Can't see a way back for them.

blackpoolhibs
24-04-2015, 08:24 PM
Very poor, nothing for the team who qualify for the play off game to be worried about.

S4uzee
24-04-2015, 08:26 PM
It was only a few weeks ago some people were saying that Motherwell looked good

Scottie
24-04-2015, 08:28 PM
Very poor, nothing for the team who qualify for the play off game to be worried about.
That's what they were all saying about us last year at this time and were proved right. :agree:

Saturday Boy
24-04-2015, 08:31 PM
I've found it interesting to note that the ref, John Beaton, is not only not getting in the way of play, but is very rarely on screen at the same time as the ball.

greenlex
24-04-2015, 08:33 PM
I've found it interesting to note that the ref, John Beaton, is not only not getting in the way of play, but is very rarely on screen at the same time as the ball.

Just as I read that he played the ball. Ha Ha😄😄

Saturday Boy
24-04-2015, 08:34 PM

Can't believe it. Just typed this and he laid the ball on for a Hamilton attack.:confused:

iwasthere1972
24-04-2015, 08:35 PM
Thought the Motherwell player was going to take the goalies heid aff there. Looked a bit dangerous.

NadeAteMyLunch!
24-04-2015, 08:45 PM
Least it's not just us that batter the woodwork and have the ref playing for the opposition [emoji15]

Saturday Boy
24-04-2015, 08:49 PM
Least it's not just us that batter the woodwork and have the ref playing for the opposition [emoji15]

I should have waited until the match was over before posting about the ref. Tonight's pass for Hamilton was one of the best first touches I've seen for ages :wink:

NadeAteMyLunch!
24-04-2015, 08:52 PM
I should have waited until the match was over before posting about the ref. Tonight's pass for Hamilton was one of the best first touches I've seen for ages :wink:

The refereeing is Scotland is outrageously bad and I'm convinced it's getting worse

Saturday Boy
24-04-2015, 09:01 PM
The refereeing is Scotland is outrageously bad and I'm convinced it's getting worse

They seem to have set up some sort of centre of dis-excellence, if that's a real word.:confused:

jacomo
24-04-2015, 09:05 PM

I thought MacDonald and Pearson would have done enough to get them our of trouble and they definitely had a bit of momentum. But it's not been enough, seemingly.

hibee92
24-04-2015, 09:08 PM
Fancy us against them if we get to the last hurdle.

Thecat23
24-04-2015, 09:25 PM

I was one, but after tonight's showing they aren't great at all. Anything can happen though when you play two cup finals and players can get up for that.

If we do get there I hope they play like this and have a mare!

Hibernia&Alba
24-04-2015, 09:27 PM
I think all four play off teams are quite evenly matched - equally inconsistent, you might say. It's wide open, IMO.

overdrive
24-04-2015, 09:43 PM

I actually thought Beaton was one of the better refs until the past couple of weeks!

dmc1875
24-04-2015, 09:48 PM
There is no doubt in my mind we are a better team than last season and more than a match for Motherwell. But as people say, inconsistency is the problem but a fast start in the playoff games and we could blow them away. Hoping we finish second I think the trickier game will be against rangers or queens

NORTHERNHIBBY
24-04-2015, 10:34 PM
Would be hopeful against most sides as long as we score first but i can't help but think that the headlines about McCall's new side sending his old side down are already written.

B.H.F.C
24-04-2015, 10:38 PM
I've thought all along that whoever comes through from our league will beat the premiership team.

I know they've improved since we beat them, but back in September Ross County were absolutely shocking. If Motherwell are 6 points behind them they must be bad.

Onion
25-04-2015, 01:36 AM
Don't care how good or bad Well are, just want Hibs to have a crack at them. They won't fancy it.

Steve20
25-04-2015, 03:01 AM
Everyone is pretty much the same. Motherwell looked awful but we don't really look much better, neither do Rangers.

DH1875
25-04-2015, 06:53 AM
Everyone is pretty much the same. Motherwell looked awful but we don't really look much better, neither do Rangers.

Why does everyone keep forgeting QOS? Get by them and we'll be in the premiership next season.

Jdawg
25-04-2015, 09:05 AM
Why does everyone keep forgeting QOS? Get by them and we'll be in the premiership next season.

Completely agree, every chance they could beat us, Rangers and Motherwell

Jim44
25-04-2015, 09:36 AM

Based on that statement and logic, are you saying QOS are favourites for promotion?

lord bunberry
25-04-2015, 10:32 AM
I think all four play off teams are quite evenly matched - equally inconsistent, you might say. It's wide open, IMO.
That sums it up perfectly :agree:

Ricky Bobby
25-04-2015, 10:39 AM
i think we are the best side of the four, I just worry about our ability to ****** things up when it matters.

bingo70
25-04-2015, 10:43 AM

Based on the league table and from the games I've witnessed of there's they're not as good as us or rangers. They might beat one of us over two legs but I doubt they could beat both of us over two legs and if they manage to prove me wrong I think a third tie against Motherwell would almost certainly be too much for them.

No chance qots will be in the premiership next season imo.

emerald green
25-04-2015, 11:12 AM

:agree: The evidence is overwhelming.

PeeKay
25-04-2015, 11:25 AM
i think we are the best side of the four, I just worry about our ability to ****** things up when it matters.

:agree:
We were the better side last week at Hampden. Much good it did us in the final analysis.

Alex Trager
25-04-2015, 11:33 AM
I reckon if we get to the final we will go up.

It's a matter of reaching the final firstly however

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DH1875
25-04-2015, 02:11 PM
Based on that statement and logic, are you saying QOS are favourites for promotion?

No, I'm saying we are favourites and that out of the 3 other teams, QOS are the ones that could cause us problems. Would fancy them to beat rangers over 2 legs so no matter if we finish 2nd or 3rd we'll have to play them at some point.

bigwheel
26-04-2015, 10:03 AM
Well are really up and down...they look like they will
Lose goals , yet they have pace to burn on each flank and that is not something we deal well with ...would be a tough game imho.

Billy Whizz
26-04-2015, 10:07 AM
Well are really up and down...they look like they will
Lose goals , yet they have pace to burn on each flank and that is not something we deal well with ...would be a tough game imho.

Still think they've got a chance of getting out of it, they've 4 games left, of which 3 are at home, against Partick, Killie and Ross county. Think Killie will be looking over their shoulder, as their current form is terrible

Nutmegged
26-04-2015, 10:08 AM
Motherwell vs Ross County next week will have a huge bearing on the outcome, if Well lose I think they'll finish 2nd bottom although I'm pretty confident Kilmarnock will finish 2nd bottom, they've been rank for months

bigwheel
26-04-2015, 10:11 AM
Motherwell vs Ross County next week will have a huge bearing on the outcome, if Well lose I think they'll finish 2nd bottom although I'm pretty confident Kilmarnock will finish 2nd bottom, they've been rank for months

I think Killie would be the "easiest" out of the options ....let's hope we get there !

Malthibby
26-04-2015, 10:13 AM
I think Killie would be the "easiest" out of the options ....let's hope we get there !

pretty please. Could be wrong but I'm sure killing are by far the worst team in the spl outside the buddies since Xmas.

O'Rourke3
26-04-2015, 10:14 AM
Still think they've got a chance of getting out of it, they've 4 games left, of which 3 are at home, against Partick, Killie and Ross county. Think Killie will be looking over their shoulder, as their current form is terrible

Killie are beginning to look like us last year. Their form since Locke was made permanent manager is spectacular.:agree:

Pretty Boy
26-04-2015, 10:17 AM
Killie are beginning to look like us last year. Their form since Locke was made permanent manager is spectacular.:agree:

It would be nice to see Locke relegated for a 2nd year in a row. Even better if we were actually the team to do it this year.

Billy Whizz
26-04-2015, 10:17 AM
It would be nice to see Locke relegated for a 2nd year in a row. Even better if we were actually the team to do it this year.

That would be some stat

Billy Whizz
26-04-2015, 10:19 AM

I think I was depressed after we played Killie in the last game last season. We were so bad, and you just knew at that stage, we were really struggling

3pm
26-04-2015, 10:28 AM

I think they are too far ahead. I think Killie survive this year - I think Motherwell will have to win all their games while I think Killie could fluke a win and that'd be it.

Time will tell!

blackpoolhibs
26-04-2015, 10:40 AM
I think they are too far ahead. I think Killie survive this year - I think Motherwell will have to win all their games while I think Killie could fluke a win and that'd be it.

Time will tell!

They wont, :agree: they looked as poor as side as we did last season and the gap is much too big to make up.

NAE NOOKIE
26-04-2015, 11:25 AM

Time will tell!

That's a pity, coz going by the way Killie fall over themselves to accommodate away fans we would be pretty well guaranteed 10,000 tickets for their home leg in the play off :greengrin

As for the 4 teams who will be involved IMO its probably the case that we are all capable of beating each other, its wide open as far as I can see.

emerald green
26-04-2015, 11:28 AM
Did Motherwell not finish second in the SPFL last season? What has happened to cause such a collapse?

Ozyhibby
26-04-2015, 01:25 PM
Did Motherwell not finish second in the SPFL last season? What has happened to cause such a collapse?

Leeann Dempster left.
You might laugh but it's interesting that a succession of Motherwell managers did really well and were poached away and immediately failed badly.
McGhee, Brown and McCall have only ever been successful when working under Dempster. The minute she was not there they reverted to type.

Sir David Gray
26-04-2015, 01:43 PM
Personally I think that Motherwell are now certain to finish in the play off place.

I don't see them making up six points on Ross County or seven points on Kilmarnock, over the course of the last four matches.

Although three out of their last four matches are at home and they play Ross County next week at Fir Park, so if they can win that one and get the gap down to three points then you never know.

If they lose next week then it's all over and they might even need to look over their shoulder, if St Mirren can get another win next week.

greenlex
26-04-2015, 01:46 PM
Personally I think that Motherwell are now certain to finish in the play off place.

I don't see them making up six points on Ross County or seven points on Kilmarnock, over the course of the last four matches.

Although three out of their last four matches are at home and they play Ross County next week at Fir Park, so if they can win that one and get the gap down to three points then you never know.

If they lose next week then it's all over and they might even need to look over their shoulder, if St Mirren can get another win next week.
It obviously depends on the games against each other. If they can beat Ross County and Killie it'll be tight. Draws are no good to them so I think you are right.

Mikey09
26-04-2015, 02:11 PM
In my opinion if Hibs can get to the play off final then I would be very confident of us beating whatever Premiership team we came up against as we have the type of player that suits playing against a higher standard of player... Does that make sense?! We seem to have struggled against sides who sit in. I think Motherwell/Killie would play a more open game which would suit us much more than trying to break down a bank of 5 and 4 most weeks. As has been said it's getting to that play off final that will prove tough...

ekhibee
26-04-2015, 03:36 PM
A few weeks ago I wouldn't have thought Killie weren't in any trouble, in fact it looked like they were going to finish in the top 6. But since Locke has been made permanent they have been seriously woeful. They certainly aren't out of it. Motherwell are erratic, at times they looked dreadful but then started to string a few results together. I still don't think they're quite as bad as we were last season, but that could easily change.

Canongatehibs
26-04-2015, 08:32 PM
I thought MacDonald and Pearson would have done enough to get them our of trouble and they definitely had a bit of momentum. But it's not been enough, seemingly.

McDonald can talk a good game as a tv pundit, but his best days have past him...